PDA

View Full Version : Norris Lake Rental

Prostar19
04-19-2007, 11:18 PM
A friend of mine just bought a rental house on Norris Lake. You can find it on www.vrbo.com listing number 127395. Or you can click on Tennessee, Jacksboro Norris Lake.

Thanks

Mag_Red
04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
A friend of mine just bought a rental house on Norris Lake. You can find it on www.vrbo.com listing number 127395. Or you can click on Tennessee, Jacksboro Norris Lake.

ThanksJust curious.....do you know how much he paid for the place??? Looks nice from the pics

Prostar19
04-19-2007, 11:38 PM
It was in the mid 400's and has 198 feet of lake frontage. Almost everything up there regardless of condition is at $490K and up. Seems like a lot of people are putting things up for sale with the Cumberland situation going on.

Mag_Red
04-20-2007, 07:39 AM
It was in the mid 400's and has 198 feet of lake frontage. Almost everything up there regardless of condition is at $490K and up. Seems like a lot of people are putting things up for sale with the Cumberland situation going on.
That's about what I was thinking price wise. Crazy isn't it?? Looks like it will pay for itself already based on the days he has it rented though. I wonder how much the management company gets out of the rental fees? If Norris wasn't another hour and a half drive for me, I would have considered going there. 2 1/2 hr I can do on a weekly basis. Four hours just to get to the lake is pushin it every week-end.

onewheat
04-20-2007, 11:20 PM
2 1/2 hr I can do on a weekly basis. Four hours just to get to the lake is pushin it every week-end.

We have several friends with houses on the lake and we just bought our lot last summer. Most of them seem to run from Cinti to Norris about 3 weekends a month during the summer. I don't think four hours is all that bad.

Leroy
04-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow, for house and land! What a deal.

Norris
04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I've seen this place before. Nice area of big creek.
FYI - The very nice slalom course you mention in your ad is thanks to a few Mastercraft guys!! Way to go guys.

I hope the Cumberland crowd stays at Cumberland! We do not need that element of over crowding at Norris.

Norris
04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
FYI - The very nice slalom course you mention in your ad is thanks to a few Mastercraft guys!! Way to go guys.

I hope the Cumberland crowd stays at Cumberland! We do not need that element of over crowding at Norris.

Mag_Red
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM

I hope the Cumberland crowd stays at Cumberland! We do not need that element of over crowding at Norris.:rolleyes: just for that crack, I'm rounding up my posse and wakeboard right next to your course..............might even bring some jet skiis:D

Norris
04-23-2007, 03:02 PM
:rolleyes: just for that crack, I'm rounding up my posse and wakeboard right next to your course..............might even bring some jet skiis:D

Bring it if you got it....we will let the good ol' boys from Tennessee sort'em out!!;)

Prostar19
04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I just ordered a full set of boat guides and balls for the Big Creek Ski Course. Hope to have it up and ready in a few weeks. The course is actually permitted by the Skiers of Knoxville Ski Club but a few MC guys help keep it going. Any and all help is appreciated!!!

Norris
04-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Good job as always. It makes an entertaining afternoon watching all the skiers on the course.

H20skeefreek
04-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm possibly taking a vacation to Norris. Where is the "big creek" area? maybe a lat/lon to punch into Google Earth??

Gonzo
04-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Nice lake, I have an uncle that has a lake view lot and a slip... not sure how/where it sits on the lake though. Is the water back up yet? It was WAY low when we went to visit around Christmas.

2RLAKE
04-08-2008, 07:19 AM
lake level is at 1012 ... normal summer pool is 1020 so we ae almost there ... hope it will be much better than lat year

Prostar19
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Big Creek is between Sequoyah Marina and Whitman Hollow Marina. At the number 6 marker. The red dot on the map is the bigcreek area

norris laker
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
I found a great link to see the water level at Norris for the past six years. http://www.norrislake.info/Level.asp The water is currently a little bit above normal for this time of the year.

TMCNo1
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Big Creek is between Sequoyah Marina and Whitman Hollow Marina. At the number 6 marker. The red dot on the map is the bigcreek area

I remember that area! Some crazy guy was up near the red dot with a amusement that you could shoot at CC's!:rolleyes:

2RLAKE
04-09-2008, 08:37 AM
awesome area of the lake and a terrific group of neighbors ... good neighbors with MCs

norris_ps205
04-17-2008, 09:55 AM
awesome area of the lake and a terrific group of neighbors ... good neighbors with MCs

It will be perfect once we clean up the couple of Malibu's that are still there!