PDA

View Full Version : Remove hard tanks...

TOO-TALL
04-19-2007, 10:38 PM
HI All,

I was thinking of removing my hard tanks in the back compartments and puting in two 400 pound fat sacks in a 2003 X2.
My question,When the bags are filling do you need to remove the gear that is stored in the compartments?I would think that the gear could puncture the bag when filling.Or is this not a issue.The last thing i want to do is remove all the gear to fill the bags.

Thanks T-T

BCBlazers
04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
well the gear is gonna limit the amount of water you can put in em and pose a serious threat of puncturing them, especially while filling and the weight of the water starts to weigh on the gear. you could possibly remove the gear, fill them, and then replace it. but thats alot of work as you were sayin...

Prostar19
04-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Why dont you just get a ballast kit from Fly High. They make a complete kit for MasterCraft boats that is in addition to the hard tanks. Give Mike a call or shoot him an email.
phone:
800-932-0685
414-964-3668

fax:
414-964-5767

e-mail:
support@fatsac.com

macrogp18
04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
If you take the tanks the tanks out you can use 750s.

jrhollow
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
If you end up pulling the tanks out and want to sell them, please let me know.

erkoehler
04-20-2007, 08:00 AM
We have done quite a few of these style systems. Let me snow if you need help, parts, or etc.

Eric

P.S. You'll love the new wake, the wake is SWEET!

jlf
04-20-2007, 08:04 AM
We pulled our tanks out and did the same thing, two 400lb sacks. Not really sure what you store in the rear, us it's mainly ropes and life jackets, but we pull them out while filling, not when emptying. We also plumbed ours into the ballast system, I assume that is what you are doing. I would think if you had skis or boards in there you'd have to pull them out.

sanjuan23
04-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Let me snow if you need help, parts, or etc.

Hey Erk it's warming up get that stuff off your mind!:D

cmack
04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Why would you want to? I understand the need for fat sacs if you don't have the ballasts already. But I don't understand why you would take the tanks out for sacs

erkoehler
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Why would you want to? I understand the need for fat sacs if you don't have the ballasts already. But I don't understand why you would take the tanks out for sacs

The sacs allow you to add more weight in the same amount of space, and you have more storage when they are empty.

erkoehler
04-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey Erk it's warming up get that stuff off your mind!:D

Typing on the "Q" phone while driving to work.....it'll get you every time :)

cbaird
04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I just removed my hard tanks the other day and plumbed in two 750lb. Just put the boat in the water last night and filled em up. Very easy job if you get fly high connectors and some extra tubing from the MC dealer. I also have the bow sac which I'm planning on getting in tonight, just needed some clamps. With the added weight I ugpraded the prop to the new wake specific type.

IMO: Do the 750's instead of the 400.

With 400's I wouldn't hesitate to leave some soft stuff in the compartment with them.

'05 X2

cmack
04-20-2007, 12:57 PM
The sacs allow you to add more weight in the same amount of space, and you have more storage when they are empty.

Aaahhh ok that makes sense. But no need for me. I'm not really good enought to even need the ballast that I have...

TOO-TALL
04-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm still undecided.....This moving gear aound to fill the bags sounds like a big PITA.

Ryan27r
04-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm still undecided.....This moving gear aound to fill the bags sounds like a big PITA.
What do you have in there? Your boards are on the racks and if you have any skates or life jackets they shouldnt pose a threat. I put a thicker towel on tow of the bag to give it some protection. But vests,skates and ohter small miscelaneous items should be fine if you go with the 400's.

Harvey
04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
I have a 550 launch pad bladder in each rear compartment and I fill them with things ontop all the time. Bottles of soap, jackets, ropes, board bags, etc. If you are putting in pro X series bags even at 750 I wouldn't worry about most things. The only reason I take things out to fill is so I can see how full the bags get. This swap out is the easiest mod you can do to a X1/older X2/even older Xstar. I would recommend that if you put the 750's you get the integrated bow sack and another single Vdrive sack for the walkway because you are going to need something to balance out the 1500 lbs in the rear.