PDA

View Full Version : I got an Ant hill in my Prostar

helton333
04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Talk about crazy - I began seeing all these ants crawling around my boat - just now taking it out of storage. We took the boat out and it became obvious that ants were someone in the boat - setting up a small town or something. We found they had made a nest in the rear seat base of my 89 ps. We got the seat out, took it apart, killed probably 10,000 large black ants - put it back together - then sprayed the heck out of it with clear, child safe ant killer.

Turns out, they like to eat and live in old styro-foam - like the base on the older ps seats.

pram
04-19-2007, 01:59 PM
now that is a first for me to hear. Hope that you got them all. Did they do any damage to the seat?

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Talk about crazy - I began seeing all these ants crawling around my boat - just now taking it out of storage. We took the boat out and it became obvious that ants were someone in the boat - setting up a small town or something. We found they had made a nest in the rear seat base of my 89 ps. We got the seat out, took it apart, killed probably 10,000 large black ants - put it back together - then sprayed the heck out of it with clear, child safe ant killer.

Turns out, they like to eat and live in old styro-foam - like the base on the older ps seats.

I believe I would have to go to the local "Shop and Rob" and buy them one of those cheap styrofoam coolers as a new house for them or even set up some styrofoam cups as a campgrounds, but I'd have to keep them out of my boat!