PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in miracles?

Bruce
04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Got a call last week that my 23 yr old granddaughter who is expecting twins was admitted to the hospital. She had 5 kidney stones in each kidney. Being 32 weeks pregnant greatly limited treatment options. They sent her home. Two days latter she is back in with labor pains. Her O.B. is out of town and the lady covering(same one who sent her home from E.R. without even showing up) gave her way to much fluid. She is even having trouble breathing. She thinks it is clot in lungs so she gives her a blood thiner! A new one that none of the other Docs were familiar with. Now she gives steroid to help babies lungs. Granddaughters water breaks. Babies have to be delivered within 24 hours. Big problem! Because of blood thinner they can't sedate her. I.E. rules out C section. One baby is breached so when first baby is delivered they would have to reach in an attempt to deliver second one. Now, old well know blood thinners can be reversed but this idiot used new one that they had no info on. Clock is running. Because my wife is on chemo we were unable to be there. We hit our knees called and emailed friends and solicited all the prayers we could muster. The high risk pregnancy Dr. shows up and takes a chance on a drug that might reverse blood thinner. Awhile later they run a clot test. It clotted! They rushed her in intubated her and did the section.
Outcome: Twin grand sons Tyler and Chandler. 4lbs 3 oz. 171/4 and 3lbs 13 oz 173/4 in. On that A scale they use one was a 7 the other a 8. Gave the granddaughter 3 units of blood etc. She went home yesterday. The boys will come home in about 4 more weeks.
Now--do you believe in miracles? You can bet this family does.
To God Be the glory!

Sodar
04-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Got a call last week that my 23 yr old granddaughter who is expecting twins was admitted to the hospital. She had 5 kidney stones in each kidney. Being 32 weeks pregnant greatly limited treatment options. They sent her home. Two days latter she is back in with labor pains. Her O.B. is out of town and the lady covering(same one who sent her home from E.R. without even showing up) gave her way to much fluid. She is even having trouble breathing. She thinks it is clot in lungs so she gives her a blood thiner! A new one that none of the other Docs were familiar with. Now she gives steroid to help babies lungs. Granddaughters water breaks. Babies have to be delivered within 24 hours. Big problem! Because of blood thinner they can't sedate her. I.E. rules out C section. One baby is breached so when first baby is delivered they would have to reach in an attempt to deliver second one. Now, old well know blood thinners can be reversed but this idiot used new one that they had no info on. Clock is running. Because my wife is on chemo we were unable to be there. We hit our knees called and emailed friends and solicited all the prayers we could muster. The high risk pregnancy Dr. shows up and takes a chance on a drug that might reverse blood thinner. Awhile later they run a clot test. It clotted! They rushed her in intubated her and did the section.
Outcome: Twin grand sons Tyler and Chandler. 4lbs 3 oz. 171/4 and 3lbs 13 oz 173/4 in. On that A scale they use one was a 7 the other a 8. Gave the granddaughter 3 units of blood etc. She went home yesterday. The boys will come home in about 4 more weeks.
Now--do you believe in miracles? You can bet this family does.
To God Be the glory!

Congrats Great-Grandpa!!! Glad to hear everything worked out!!! That is too scary!!! You can bet all of you will be in my thoughts and prayers! Congrats again!

erkoehler
04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Congrats, hope the babies make it home safe!

Hrkdrivr
04-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Bruce,

Yes, I believe in miracles...and you just made me thank God for them again. You're never as strong as when you "hit your knees." Yee-hah for all concerned.

God bless you and yours, and congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

stuie
04-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Glad all turned out well! Congrats on the twins!!
Now all your granddaughter has to deal with is the kidney stones:( I've had six myself over the last 15 yrs., no fun at all!! Hope all goes well

Stuart

Leroy
04-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Wow, and you wonder why some doctors have lawsuits! Congrats and hope everything continues to go well.

I've had kidney stones at 19 and 29 but not since, 17 year later.

WAT8415
04-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Miracles are a wonderful thing, I had a few happen in my life as well, and I thank God each and everyday I see my daughter. I am so happy that you where given that helping hand and your Granddaughter got through delivering your Great Grand sons and they are healthy and well. God Bless your family Bruce.........now lets get them up skiing!

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 06:31 AM
That is a heart warming story and we are glad everything so far has worked out. Our prayers go out to everyone concerned.

cmack
04-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Bruce,

Yes, I believe in miracles...and you just made me thank God for them again. You're never as strong as when you "hit your knees." Yee-hah for all concerned.

You said it well Hrkdrivr
I second That!! Bruce, I am very happy to hear the good news!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Congrats and glad everything went well under the shakey circumstances!!:)

trickskier
04-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Reading your story was nerve-racking..........Glad to hear your daughter and new grandson's made it through OK..........Congratulations and I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

east tx skier
04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Reading your story was nerve-racking..........Glad to hear your daughter and new grandson's made it through OK..........Congratulations and I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Congrats, Bruce! Speedy recovery to all!

Monte
04-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Congrats Bruce! I hope the new great grand babies and mom have a speedy recovery!

Jesus_Freak
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
You're never as strong as when you "hit your knees."

Thanks Hrkdrivr.

Bruce, of course I am joyous at the outcome, but also I am so encouraged that you took the wisest and simplest route in this situation: submission to Him (1 Peter 5:7, Matthew 6:33, Luke 12:6).

Amazing! Thanks.

LD Hardwick
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Bruce,

What a testimony. That is outstanding, congrats. I found these scriptures thought you might be able to relate to.
Romans 11:36 Everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and IS INTENDED FOR HIS GLORY.
Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
I will pass this to my church, what a praise report this will be.

Harvey
04-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Now--do you believe in miracles?

I do believe in miracles, congratulations and I am glad everything turned out OK. I also believe in firings and lawsuits. Doctors are not omnipotent but they sometimes act like it. That doctor would hate me with a passion when I was through.

6ballsisall
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow! THis just put a small on my face (the ending part)

So happy to hear the outcome looks bright.

suedv
04-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for sharing this Bruce. It is easy to panic... building on your faith is a better way to go. I'm happy for your granddaughter and her two son. Your wife is in my prayers.

tex
04-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm glad everything is OK. Congrats!

herringtech
04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Amen to that, I do believe in miracles. Glad to hear everything worked out. Our prayers will be for a speedy recovery and a early homecoming for the boys.

Congrats.

atlfootr
04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I believe, praise GOD for their safe return.

mbeach
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
what a wonderful testiment to the power of faith in God and prayer. congratulations.

dapicatti
04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for sharing this Bruce. It is easy to panic... building on your faith is a better way to go. I'm happy for your granddaughter and her two son. Your wife is in my prayers.
Amen Sue.

Bruce,
I am so thrilled that this miracle happened for your family. God is great and will see us through anything.

Doug G
04-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Bruce,

Ditto

Ps 34 :4 "I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Leroy
04-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Great scripture to read!

Jesus_Freak
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Great scripture to read!

Agreed! And there are so many more...66 books worth of them, written by many authors, over thousands of years, that all have the same message.

chudson
05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Bruce, real happy everything worked out for you. "The power of prayer" pretty amazing!!! Now how soon before they can get in the water and great grandpa start teaching?

fintek9
05-23-2007, 08:01 PM
OUTCOME: thank god... congrats from the Niemi household.

Knox's_Better_half
05-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Congratulations on the twins. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and miracles. This story touched me as I am pregnant as well. No twins, but due to my age they are telling me I am high risk too. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope that all goes well with the twins and your grandaughter. God Bless