PDA

View Full Version : Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Mastercraftdave
11-02-2017, 12:06 PM
You'll just have to get a new auto cal. No one can unlock them but the original tuner.

Edit: efi probably can but seeing how they are based in another country it's not going to happen.

Wow that is crazy. I paid $500 for the autocal can now Im out of pocket with it. That is crazy. I have call EFI live and they wont return any calls.

Have you heard anything on the issues with the 2017-2018 Silverado being more difficult to tune?

clrussell
11-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Wow that is crazy. I paid $500 for the autocal can now Im out of pocket with it. That is crazy. I have call EFI live and they wont return any calls.

Have you heard anything on the issues with the 2017-2018 Silverado being more difficult to tune?

I have not in the gas world. I don't really play with gas stuff.

2017+ duramax is not able to be tuned at this time, gym did some fancy stuff to keep everyone out of the ecms.

Mastercraftdave
11-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I have not in the gas world. I don't really play with gas stuff.

2017+ duramax is not able to be tuned at this time, gym did some fancy stuff to keep everyone out of the ecms.

I'm being told this is similar to what they are doing for the 1500.

clrussell
11-02-2017, 02:53 PM
I'm being told this is similar to what they are doing for the 1500.

Probably so

lakedrum03
11-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Probably so

Someone will crack the new system.

gweaver
11-02-2017, 04:47 PM
I think I'll be OK, but I figured I should throw this question out to the group:
Going to be getting a new truck for towing, probably getting the Ford F-250, crew cab with the 6.2 gasser (2017 or 2018). I tow a 2004 Maristar 230 (X-30) (tandem axle, surge brakes, disc at each wheel), and most of my towing is below 3000 ft altitude, with the occasional trip up to Tahoe (alt is 6200 ft). Is it safe to assume this truck shouldn't have any problems towing the boat? I was planning to get 4x4 with 3.73 gears, locking rear axle.

G

MC25
11-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Probably won’t have any issues. definitely going to have to be revved out though and terrible gas mileage.

Any reason why you’re getting a gasser?

gweaver
11-02-2017, 05:59 PM
The truck will be my daily driver, and since I drive a pretty short distance to work (<15 miles), I understand that's hard on a diesel. Especially with all the emissions stuff that can go bad, and living in CA, I can't delete the DEF system or anything.
The lake we visit the most is about 35 miles away, 2-3 times a month average. Tahoe is once a year (if we're lucky) and there's another lake about 100 miles away we visit once a year or so. Most everything else will be just running around locally.

I know the mileage will suck, but the $9000 upcharge for the diesel is hard to swallow. I thought long and hard, and I think I'd rather spend my money on a higher trim level (Lariat with a few options) than a base model truck with a diesel. Sure, a diesel would be great, but I just don't think it's the right engine for the type of driving I do.
That being said, I dream of adding a supercharger down the road, maybe after the warranty expires, so I won't need so much throttle to pull hills in the gasser.
G

MC25
11-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I would agree with the gas choice. My dads 6.7 gets pretty clogged from short commutes of not getting warmed up. Luckily I’m fully deleted and don’t have to deal with that crap. The short commutes is definitely hard on them, and the regens are so annoying

paintpollz
11-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Buy the diesel because you can. It's that much better. Maintenance Shmaintenance.

gweaver
11-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Maintenance is $$. Believe me, I'd love to justify the diesel, but man, I don't want to have to open my wallet if the injectors go bad. Since I plan on keeping this rig for 10+ years, I need something that's going to last with no major issues. While I'm not a mechanic, I feel pretty comfortable doing basic work on a gas engine. Diesel is a dark and mysterious world to me.
On a related note, I've been discussing vacation plans, and it looks like we might drive from CA to CO this summer, roughly 1K miles, and while I can't help but shudder over the gas bill on that trip, and I'm sure diesel would get better mileage, and generally be more fun to drive, but I just don't know if the diesel will be happy with the day-to-day around town driving I do. Believe me, I've tried to rationalize it. Heck, I know there are diesel passenger cars all over the place- VW, Porsche, Chevy Colorado and Ram Ecodiesels, and it seems like every other truck I pass is diesel, but man, the horror stories I hear when things go wrong...
G

clrussell
11-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Maintenance is $$. Believe me, I'd love to justify the diesel, but man, I don't want to have to open my wallet if the injectors go bad. Since I plan on keeping this rig for 10+ years, I need something that's going to last with no major issues. While I'm not a mechanic, I feel pretty comfortable doing basic work on a gas engine. Diesel is a dark and mysterious world to me.
On a related note, I've been discussing vacation plans, and it looks like we might drive from CA to CO this summer, roughly 1K miles, and while I can't help but shudder over the gas bill on that trip, and I'm sure diesel would get better mileage, and generally be more fun to drive, but I just don't know if the diesel will be happy with the day-to-day around town driving I do. Believe me, I've tried to rationalize it. Heck, I know there are diesel passenger cars all over the place- VW, Porsche, Chevy Colorado and Ram Ecodiesels, and it seems like every other truck I pass is diesel, but man, the horror stories I hear when things go wrong...
G

For your driving and use the 6.2 will be fine. Sure it'll cost ya an extra $100 on vacation but what's $100 on vacation?

MC25
11-03-2017, 12:45 AM
The 6.7s do have a 5yr 100k warranty. I would much prefer an ecoboost 150 over a gas 250 IMO though

gweaver
11-03-2017, 01:33 AM
I've looked at the warranty- the 5/100 is on the engine- from what I understand, 'lubricated parts' only. So block, heads, crank, pistons, etc. Not sure it covers the injectors and emissions stuff. I know extended warranties are available, but I think those are non-Ford (3rd party?), and no idea if they're worth the price.

FWIW, my budget is mid-50s out the door. Sales tax in my county is 8.125, so that brings me to 50500 for vehicle price (assume 55K budget), including destination and whatever crap the dealer tries to charge. Destination is 1295 for this area (I've checked multiple dealers) so now I'm down to right around 49250. Did find a pretty basic 6.7l XLT at a nearby dealer (using the Ford website) but that's still priced at 55,300, not including dealer fees. I do like the features of the Lariat level though. Oh yeah, this will be a cash deal.

I've never bought a new vehicle, and only ever bought one vehicle from a dealer, so I'm VERY unfamiliar with strategy. I've got more of a bull/china shop mentality- this is what I want, here's my money, take it or not. My one experience dealership was very negative (checking with sales manager, making me wait, some sort of worksheet thing that they used, etc.). I recall seeing a link to some f150 website where a guy wrote how to calculate the 'right price' (subtract rebates, % difference between invoice and msrp, subtract that from invoice or something like that), but I can't seem to find it. I'll probably be buying in Dec/Jan, so I'm hoping I can find a leftover 2017 on screaming sale, but I may not get that lucky.

If anyone has suggestions on dealing with the sales folks, or how to calculate what a 'good/great' price is, I'd appreciate it. Not sure if it's worth it, but I may try the Costco auto sales route. They seem to have decent reviews, and I like the idea of not having to go through the whole 'sales guy' routine.

G

Thrall
11-03-2017, 03:50 AM
Worst day of the year, taking her out for the winter

Based on clrussels post above, if you weren't driving that Ram, your truck would have had the cab off today thus no taking the boat out, so it would have been a good day! Lol

MC25
11-03-2017, 09:47 AM
So the emissions stuff has a warranty as well, but I think it’s 5yr 50k miles

clrussell
11-03-2017, 09:56 AM
So the emissions stuff has a warranty as well, but I think itís 5yr 50k miles

Actually federal mandate is like 200k and 8-10 years ?

gweaver
11-03-2017, 10:12 AM
I'll have to dig deeper in to the federal emissions warranty. If between the Ford warranty and the feds requiring 200K/8 years, if I can find out if the big money parts would be covered, then it might be worth it.

I did find a PSD crew cab, pretty much exactly what I want (except color), for what looks like a really great deal- 53.5K, Lariat trim, which would put me at 57,850-ish after taxes. Might be able to get then to knock a couple hundred more off for a cash deal. Not to mention, gas trucks with Lariat trim are almost non-existent around here.
G

clrussell
11-03-2017, 11:19 AM
I'll have to dig deeper in to the federal emissions warranty. If between the Ford warranty and the feds requiring 200K/8 years, if I can find out if the big money parts would be covered, then it might be worth it.

I did find a PSD crew cab, pretty much exactly what I want (except color), for what looks like a really great deal- 53.5K, Lariat trim, which would put me at 57,850-ish after taxes. Might be able to get then to knock a couple hundred more off for a cash deal. Not to mention, gas trucks with Lariat trim are almost non-existent around here.
G

If you end up with a diesel just take it on a 30-50 mile drive once a week and let it clean the exhaust as needed easy solution. Make it date night with the wife somewhere to eat

gweaver
11-03-2017, 03:39 PM
@clrussell- I don't mean to doubt, but is it really that simple? I have no experience with diesel, I just hear horror stories about expensive failure due to 'improper' driving styles. Is a long drive once a week enough to prevent major issues, assuming maintenance is followed? I have no problem with regular oil changes, draining the fuel/water separator and whatever regular things need to be done. Just worried about the short drives during the week.

Having said that, I'm down with the 30-50 miles once a week. Heck, that just forces us to hit the lake or head out to the beach on a regular basis. I'm also not opposed to taking the 'long way home', although that might only add 4 or 5 miles.
G

paintpollz
11-03-2017, 04:05 PM
If you end up with a diesel just take it on a 30-50 mile drive once a week and let it clean the exhaust as needed easy solution. Make it date night with the wife somewhere to eat

haha. you definitely live in the sticks....

clrussell
11-03-2017, 05:55 PM
@clrussell- I don't mean to doubt, but is it really that simple? I have no experience with diesel, I just hear horror stories about expensive failure due to 'improper' driving styles. Is a long drive once a week enough to prevent major issues, assuming maintenance is followed? I have no problem with regular oil changes, draining the fuel/water separator and whatever regular things need to be done. Just worried about the short drives during the week.

Having said that, I'm down with the 30-50 miles once a week. Heck, that just forces us to hit the lake or head out to the beach on a regular basis. I'm also not opposed to taking the 'long way home', although that might only add 4 or 5 miles.
G

You might not actually need to once a week but it would be good for the truck to do that.

Just keeping it from plugging itself up and getting quality def fluid is key.

Kell
11-03-2017, 06:59 PM

G

I have an 08 F250 4x4 Lariat Crew Cab Long Box as my daily driver. My work commute is 8 miles to and from, and has been that way since I bought the truck. Weekends the truck supports all my hobbies, hunting, fly fishing, golfing, camping, etc., and tows our X2 to and from the lake in the summer (every other weekend). I have had zero issues with my 08 other than a fuel pump that went bad at about 90K miles. I have 145K today. So my driving pattern/style is in the category that would be problematic. I do have the Ford dealer do all the maintenance per specifications but I do the basic stuff, drain water/fuel separator, etc... I could be in the minority on not having any issues based upon my driving style (which is not pedal to the metal, at 55, those years of GTOs are behind me). My kids say I drive like an old man, which is fine by me and true fact. YMMV, but prior to the 08 I had a 99 F250 V10, and I can tell you I appreciate the better milage, but more importantly, the towing of any sort of trailer is a pleasure with a diesel. My V10 would down shift on grades and with the 6.4 it just keeps chugging along. Just wanted you to know that there are good experiences out there for diesel owners that don't drive a diesel as intended or designed. Knocking on wood now so I don't jinks myself. ;-)

soacj
11-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Tow rig photo dump from the last year...

Heading down to NC with the boat, and yep, I towed with the cover on. No ill effects on the relatively short trip.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=9105

Camping (with the MC):
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=9108

Towing home my latest crusty truck, a '75 FJ40:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=9106

And one with the Series for good measure:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=982&pictureid=9107

clrussell
11-05-2017, 02:32 PM
The dadnali today
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171105/b6e116c8bd8479bf317a8566dbea6026.jpg

gweaver
11-06-2017, 03:12 PM
OK, tell me if I should just start a new thread on my truck search or just continue here.

Anyway, went to check out two trucks yesterday.
1) 2017 F250 CC Lariat diesel
2) 2017 Ram Mega Cab Laramie diesel

I had located both trucks online at their respective dealerships. I had no idea this was the case, but apparently many of the photos on dealer websites are 'stock photos' put there by the mfg. I was pretty pi$$ed when I arrived and found out the vehicles I wanted to see didn't exist. The Ford turned out to be an extended cab, not crew cab. The Mega Cab didn't even exist- they had a CC, Laramie trim but black, not blue as shown in the image. They did have one MC, but it was a lower trim level.

I have no brand loyalty, I'm looking for the best price and what I hope is the most reliable vehicle I can find. I also signed up through the Costco program and will be talking to the local Chevy dealer later this week. We'll see how that goes.

On a side note, one dealer chain, Lithia, has an Oil Change Plan. Purchase the plan and get free oil changes at any Lithia dealer as long as you own the vehicle. I think you get 2 or 3 per year. They have something 40 dealers in the western states, and given the cost of a diesel oil change, that's a huge selling point for me. The only local Lithia dealer sells Ram, so that's a strong motivator to go that way. And they were offering pretty hefty discounts too.

G

surfskier75
11-06-2017, 06:59 PM
If you want to see actual dealer stock for Fords, go to fordvehicles.com and search local inventory. That's how I found my 2017 Expedition EL with the options I wanted.

IdahoSnake
11-06-2017, 07:10 PM
G,
Be careful on that Oil Change Plans. They are free, when you buy the plan, but you can bank on having to leave your pickup there for the day. You are last on the list. That was the case for my Ram and a Lexus RX 350 I had.

I would get a fumoto drain plug and change it yourself. What I have been doing for 5 years on my Ram. Takes about 15 minutes of actual work, about 30 minutes total to allow oil to drain.

My vote would be the Ram, but I might be biased...just a little.

gweaver
11-06-2017, 07:21 PM
IDSnake- thanks for that, I had no idea. I guess I should check with the dealer- if they have a courtesy shuttle, I can make that work, I guess. I was just looking at it from a cost perspective- at $100 or more a change, that adds up quickly. No problem doing my own oil changes.

Surfskier- thanks for pointing me to that site. I checked it out and apparently I'm after a combination of features that doesn't exist- lots of 'hits', no perfect match. I'm trying to keep price down (working with a very specific/firm budget), and most trucks seem to have higher trim levels. I'll keep looking though.

G

MC25
11-06-2017, 07:34 PM
I would be incredibly mad if I drove to a dealership over some click-bait website. I’m pretty picky about where I buy, for that reason alone.

gweaver
11-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Well, this is my first foray into buying new since...I bought a Kawasaki Ninja 900 in 2003. All my other vehicles have been used. I don't blame them, but I did make it clear I wasn't happy. If I'd had cash in pocket I might have used their website screwup to try to get a few extra $$ off, or maybe some small thing tossed in the deal, but I figure since I'm still trying to decide and find a deal, it's not worth getting too spun up about.
G

XC500mod
11-12-2017, 07:01 PM
G,

You may appreciate my input. I tow about 10,000 miles/year and most of it is pulling an enclosed snowmobile trailer from the midwest to wyoming. I absolutely would not want to do this with a gas engine, it would get about 4 mpg and might be too much work for it. Diesels get about 10 mpg ford, chevy, cummins are all the same - my buddies have all brands. Driving across the northern plains at 80-85 mph bucking a 40 mph head wind sucks the fuel fast!

my commute to and from work every year is 13,000 miles. then throw in 5,000-7,000 miles of random miles and i'm driving about 27,000 - 30,000 miles/year.

I have a 2017 Ford F-350 SRW for towing and some hunting trips. Due to the amount of miles i drive, i decided to buy a commuter car. I bought a used honda accord for driving to work and around town. When you run the numbers, it really makes sense. I can pile the miles on the honda until it dies and it will have depreciated about 10,000 dollars. Imagine the depreciation/maintenance costs on the F350 if i were to drive it 30,000 miles/year. After 15 years my truck will maybe have 150,000 miles. If i were to drive it every day it would be around 450,000 miles, i.e. i would need a new truck.

As far as brands of trucks, i am not brand loyal at all. I'll buy what works best for me and my family. i had a 2016 chevy 2500 hd diesel crew crab and now have the ford super duty crew cab. everyone has their own opinions of trucks, but i really don't think the two are comparable. the ford is better in every way. interior feels much larger for the dog kennel, car seats, head room, the vision out of the driver's seat is the most noticeable. for some reason i could not see out of the chevy. the ford has so much more power compared to the LML. I deleted the LML and the ford still has more power. Also an FYI, the Ford super duty crew cab short box trucks are 10 inches longer than the comparable chevy. the only place the chevy beats the ford is in the ride, due to ford's having a solid front axle and not control arms. this is negligible in my opinion.

long story short, run the numbers - not only maintenance costs but depreciation over time you plan to own it.

gweaver
11-12-2017, 11:20 PM
XC500mod- Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it. For better or worse, I'm probably going to go with the Dodge diesel, for a variety of reasons:
Of the 3, Dodge is the least expensive, and with the rebates offered, I can save darn near 10K off the advertised prices. With all of the research and calling around I've done, Ford is usually 4-5K more than the Dodge, with Chevy being a little less than that. At this point, I'm looking at a Ram 2500 Laramie with a couple of options for right around 54.5K (not including tax/title/etc.). A comparable Ford would be around 58-60, which, while it may not seem like much, exceeds the budget I've set for myself.

One big thing too, I signed up with the Costco Auto program, and of the 3, the Dodge dealer is the only one who reached out to me. I did the initial sign up, and 5 days later, neither the Ford nor Chevy dealers had contacted me. This past Friday I called both of them, gave them details on what I was after, and it's still been crickets. I'm not impressed. At this point, assuming they call on Monday, they're going to have to work pretty darn hard to get my business. I don't think they'll be able to meet Dodge's prices.is very

As far as the Dodge dealer goes, the guy I've been working with has been great- sent me 5 different 2017 trucks to consider, along with a 2018. I've got a pretty specific target price and I'm not interested in a bunch of add-ons I don't want or need. He decided to spec a 2018 for me, just to see what he could do, and as it turns out, it's cheaper to order a 2018 exactly how I want it than it is to buy some of the 2017s he found (they have more options, so are priced a bit higher).

I had a chance to drive a 2018 Ram, and while I can't compare to the other brands, that thing is smoooooth. Coming from a gas 1/2 ton, the Ram is quieter, accelerates with no drama, is very comfortable, well equipped and is just a very nice truck. I plan to visit the Costco dealer (test drive was with a different dealer) during the thanksgiving week with my wife and kids to get their input. I also want to really check out the audio/entertainment system. I played with the Ford system, which was very intuitive, but the new Dodge system is supposed to be very nice as well. If things go as I anticipate, I'll probably be placing an order that week. :D

G

FlatBoard
11-13-2017, 12:09 PM
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.6Turbo Diesel - Workhorse!

MC25
11-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Go pro grab from my recent CO trip

paintpollz
11-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Go pro grab from my recent CO trip

nice truck. are you going to keep this one for at least 6 more months?

MC25
11-13-2017, 01:52 PM
nice truck. are you going to keep this one for at least 6 more months?

Probably not lol. An E92 M3 competition pack is calling my name

paintpollz
11-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Probably not lol. An E92 M3 competition pack is calling my name

Those cars are a blast, the S65 engine is so great. I know you've probably already done your homework...M owners/enthusiasts are considering the rod bearings a wear item at 60k miles on the S65 engine. Some push it to 100k miles. Just more to add to the M tax.

Also, some M enthusiasts won't DD them because the fuel range is awful and the ride a bit harsh for every day use. If you didn't like your old wrangler as a DD because of the ride you might also get tired of the E92 M3 as well. You may want to consider picking up a used 3 series along with the E92 M3.

MC25
11-13-2017, 02:54 PM
I’ve got the X5 that I can drive at my will, so I can split time between the two. I’ve adjusted my work schedule to work from home 60-75% of the time. I’m keen on a 2011 with 36k that my local dealer has, and it’s the perfect spec. No Idrive, no real option but the competition pack. It probably won’t happen, but it’s fun to look. Only downside is, it’s not a manual. The DCT was so quick though.

paintpollz
11-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Iíve got the X5 that I can drive at my will, so I can split time between the two. Iíve adjusted my work schedule to work from home 60-75% of the time. Iím keen on a 2011 with 36k that my local dealer has, and itís the perfect spec. No Idrive, no real option but the competition pack. It probably wonít happen, but itís fun to look. Only downside is, itís not a manual. The DCT was so quick though.

I looked at them a few months ago and I only looked at ones WITHOUT idrive. I didn't want it, no use for it. I use my phone for everything nav related and I don't need a car to tell me when to change my oil.

do you have a link to the one your looking at? I promise I won't buy it out from under you :). I just love these cars and promote anyone buying them.

36k on the clock is good. Buys you a good couple of years with the car before considering rod bearings as PM.

MC25
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
It’s listed here. This is where I get all my stuff, and if you scroll over to ford you’ll see they still have my F150 lol

http://www.lewisvilleautoplex.com

I was looking for this EXACT spec of car 2 years ago. White on black with no options except the comp pack. Not a single one was for sale in America. So these have a soft spot for sure. I enjoyed my E90 LCI 328i.

SteveO
11-13-2017, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=MC25;1384786]Itís listed here. This is where I get all my stuff, and if you scroll over to ford youíll see they still have my F150 lol

They definitely have a nice used vehicle selection. How about this brodozer http://www.lewisvilleautoplex.com/exotic-used/Ford/2016-Ford-F-450-7c97e6b20a0e0aea4a9cbb0132441ba7.htm

lakedrum03
11-13-2017, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=MC25;1384786]

How about this brodozer http://www.lewisvilleautoplex.com/exotic-used/Ford/2016-Ford-F-450-7c97e6b20a0e0aea4a9cbb0132441ba7.htm

.....sorry about your wiener size......

paintpollz
11-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Itís listed here. This is where I get all my stuff, and if you scroll over to ford youíll see they still have my F150 lol

I was looking for this EXACT spec of car 2 years ago. White on black with no options except the comp pack. Not a single one was for sale in America. So these have a soft spot for sure. I enjoyed my E90 LCI 328i.

it's so much better without the idrive. it's purely a drivers car, down to the roots.

MC25
11-13-2017, 07:20 PM
I agree. That’s exactly how I spec’d out my 328. No idrive, no real options but the lighting package to get rid of the ugly headlights.

downsizing is my main priority at this point. I don’t need a 50k dollar truck and an X5.

Mastercraftdave
11-14-2017, 09:33 AM
I agree. Thatís exactly how I specíd out my 328. No idrive, no real options but the lighting package to get rid of the ugly headlights.

downsizing is my main priority at this point. I donít need a 50k dollar truck and an X5.

Shoot get rid of the X5 and have your gf drive the rice rocket .

MC25
11-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Rice rocket?! Lol

paintpollz
11-14-2017, 12:29 PM
downsizing is my main priority at this point. I don’t need a 50k dollar brodozer and an X5.

FIFY

:)

paintpollz
11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
now you got me on this M3 kick and I'm about to get on Turo and rent one for Saturday.

MC25
11-14-2017, 01:01 PM
FIFY

:)

Lol. Theyíre haggling me over 2k right now. Probably isnít gonna happen.

paintpollz
11-14-2017, 01:09 PM

are you at the dealer trying to trade in?

MC25
11-14-2017, 01:57 PM
are you at the dealer trying to trade in?

Nah I just text my salesman lol

MC25
11-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Picked up ol girl yesterday

curver900
11-20-2017, 02:40 PM

$2k isn't that chump change... it is where I come from...

MC25
11-20-2017, 03:48 PM
$2k isn't that chump change... it is where I come from...

I mean it is, but not for a 2011. I passed.

paintpollz
11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
I mean it is, but not for a 2011. I passed.

I like your truck to be honest. It's a pretty comfy ride and it doesn't look obnoxiously brodozer.

After being in TX for about a year now I don't think I could daily anything that was at least a half ton.

MC25
11-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Well, things went for a terrible turn yesterday with the 250 and started leaking oil like nobody’s business. So I dumped that thing off today lol

CantRepeat
11-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Picked up ol girl yesterday

Teak like that, you should be ashamed of yourself!!! And this IS a personal attack!!!

Mastercraftdave
11-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Well, things went for a terrible turn yesterday with the 250 and started leaking oil like nobodyís business. So I dumped that thing off today lol

You should call Corbin, seems like he is making a living off broken down fords...

A Denali DMax should be calling your name. I know it always calls mine when I pass one by.

MC25
11-20-2017, 06:49 PM
You should call Corbin, seems like he is making a living off broken down fords...

A Denali DMax should be calling your name. I know it always calls mine when I pass one by.

I went the opposite route, and bought a mini truck lol. Ate my lunch on the F250, but the repairs it was going to need was far outside of reasonable. I ended up with a 2017 Tacoma TRD off-road. Flame away.

Still hate tundras. Lol

Tristarboarder
11-20-2017, 07:05 PM
^ wow! Quick flip.....do tell what happened to that fancy Ford of yours, you were so proud......

MC25
11-20-2017, 07:25 PM
^ wow! Quick flip.....do tell what happened to that fancy Ford of yours, you were so proud......

I was proud of it. It was an awesome truck! But since my girlfriend and I bought a BMW X5, I was looking to make a lateral/downgrade move. Young and dumb, I shouldnít have bought a modded out used diesel. Iíve had hoses blow off, a massive oil leak sprung up and all the fittings from the trans cooler were leaking as well. Saving some money on insurance as well.

Live and learn. Shouldíve kept my F150.

98 Saleen Cobra
11-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Damn bro *** happened!! All that modding to the truck.. that sucks man I'm sorry to hear. The 150 is a great truck with a great engine..

FWIW I love the Toyota TRD series.. My wife wants a 4Runner Pro so bad lol.. But I want a boat so I think I'm going to win out lol.

VP46
11-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Too funny Aric. I’m still driving my 05 Silverado...160k miles. I’m ready for something new and can’t decide if I need another truck or get something in a Car....(can tow with wife’s Yukon)

Vroom.com i spend hours staring searching and sorting.. even when money is no object I cannot decide lol

MC25
11-20-2017, 08:59 PM
Damn bro *** happened!! All that modding to the truck.. that sucks man I'm sorry to hear. The 150 is a great truck with a great engine..

FWIW I love the Toyota TRD series.. My wife wants a 4Runner Pro so bad lol.. But I want a boat so I think I'm going to win out lol.

My brother has a 2018 Calvary blue TRD pro 4Runner. Itís sick!!!

Mastercraftdave
11-20-2017, 10:11 PM
I went the opposite route, and bought a mini truck lol. Ate my lunch on the F250, but the repairs it was going to need was far outside of reasonable. I ended up with a 2017 Tacoma TRD off-road. Flame away.

Still hate tundras. Lol

Please post pictures pulling your X-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC25
11-20-2017, 10:48 PM
You better believe I will this weekend lol

clrussell
11-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Most recent pic of my black truck. It's back to my daily driver.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171121/cd74ef9b65483c34eefe386a76eb0eda.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171121/0d34820947dcf90a3a5a2e8afbe6be87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ironhorse
11-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Eric, you'll love the Toyota. I have 207,000kms on my tundra and it still feels strong and tight. I want to buy a new one but fear the year I replace mine, they will finally restyle the next year.

Prostar 190
11-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah you can't go wrong with a Toyota love my Tundra.

curver900
11-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Well, things went for a terrible turn yesterday with the 250 and started leaking oil like nobodyís business. So I dumped that thing off today lol

Maybe it was the Harley Davidson edition??? :D:D:D

Covi
11-21-2017, 10:16 PM
That's funny. I caught your humor.

neil.anderson63
11-21-2017, 10:24 PM

Nice shot! :toast:

clrussell
11-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Happy thanksgiving guys and gals. We all have so much to be thankful for. Enjoy the time with your family

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/9d66cc1a0665b1f9d722f1fae164b7e4.jpg

waterbuffalo
11-23-2017, 07:50 PM
Installed some rocker protectors on the truck this morning, before everyone woke up!!!..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/20ec3accdcd0a9af3519d743a0ff0b81.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/06a32eecc17d872544e181b67f6c24f9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/8b492baaa39e48a9f842170750eeb661.jpg happy T day!!

paintpollz
11-24-2017, 08:03 PM
^^^^damnnn those are sickkkk

paintpollz
11-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Happy thanksgiving guys and gals. We all have so much to be thankful for. Enjoy the time with your family

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/9d66cc1a0665b1f9d722f1fae164b7e4.jpg

CL, is that your truck? I love it. Sell it to me please?

clrussell
11-25-2017, 12:12 PM
CL, is that your truck? I love it. Sell it to me please?

Sure is.. and everything is for sale.. 147k miles, tasteful mods

MC25
11-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Didnít get to tow the 30, but winterized the s&s.

paintpollz
11-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Didnít get to tow the 30, but winterized the s&s.

That's a really practical vehicle. IIRC, your father as a 3/4 ton that you can tow the 30 with correct? In that case, really no need for a huge truck and I think the Tacoma is a good pick. The only problem with the Tacoma is the HUGE aftermarket parts market, this truck will inevitably cost you thousands more. I could see your truck looking like the following in NO TIME.

Please don't put those god awful wheels that you had on the F150 on it!!!

Ski-me
11-27-2017, 12:55 PM
^^^ agreed. Nice lookin' truck to shoot for.

MC25
11-27-2017, 01:21 PM
That's a really practical vehicle. IIRC, your father as a 3/4 ton that you can tow the 30 with correct? In that case, really no need for a huge truck and I think the Tacoma is a good pick. The only problem with the Tacoma is the HUGE aftermarket parts market, this truck will inevitably cost you thousands more. I could see your truck looking like the following in NO TIME.

Please don't put those god awful wheels that you had on the F150 on it!!!

Yeah thatís correct! Dad still has an F250. Plus the dock is done, so I wonít really need to tow other than for trips. Itll probably get lifted 2-3 inches with king/fox shocks and some 17s. Not going any higher as itís already gutless lol. Itís awesome, I actually really like it.

CSB_Tanner
11-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Just a pretty work truck

MC25
11-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Oh mfr. I knew youíd show up here eventually. Lol.

CSB_Tanner
11-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Figured we needed some help in the impractical truck category

CSB_Tanner
12-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Little Xstar action for you guys

98 Saleen Cobra
12-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Ugh that's a beautiful combo!

JohnnyB
12-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Oh mfr. I knew you’d show up here eventually. Lol.Lifted or stock height w low profile tires...

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

MC25
12-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Lifted or stock height w low profile tires...

PMF 3.5 inch lift with King shocks.... those are 35s.

Ironhorse
12-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Those fords and the Star look amazing!

paintpollz
12-05-2017, 09:40 AM
PMF 3.5 inch lift with King shocks.... those are 35s.

the wheels are hideous.....

curver900
12-05-2017, 10:05 AM
the wheels are hideous.....

+1 but it makes your man parts bigger... or it makes it faster like fog lights in the '80's 20 hp per fog light if I recall.. then there was the coffee can mufflers in the late 90's.. that right there was good for 50hp...

Ski-me
12-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Also, more shocks....more power. Especially for a lifted truck. For added power, more than 2 steering stabilizer shocks....bonus power!

dhanni848
12-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Finally mid-perch and 37s mounted.

Prostar 190
12-10-2017, 10:10 AM
http://https://i.imgur.com/zbKzoIw.jpg
http://https://i.imgur.com/pyuMsvp.jpg
http://https://i.imgur.com/qAj5duq.jpg
Got some new wheels for next summer.

Dillinewton
12-10-2017, 06:54 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/07ce25926decbc32ba3605cff97f49b2.jpg moving equipment around for snow season.

FoggyNogginz
12-10-2017, 11:15 PM
http://https://i.imgur.com/zbKzoIw.jpg
http://https://i.imgur.com/pyuMsvp.jpg
http://https://i.imgur.com/qAj5duq.jpg
Got some new wheels for next summer.I like it! Can you share the sizes and offset? Also, how big is your lift?

lakedrum03
12-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Dream Team - What are your thoughts on the Honda Pilot?

Double D
12-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Finally, after 10 years of stock elegance, Ava gets a lift and shoes. She is ready and excited to haul to 205.

Stock:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/f47df9f101851eb8c1c07dd1dc5f77e3.jpg

4 inch Lift, 33s on 20s:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/1d5f766db7b487749840d766f81f96b2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/a7dc6fe198f9f390f3c9984aa33de642.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/f838abaa57ebf7d38596d2939b9b7d5c.jpg

Shaun R
12-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Just noticed the tags on this one..

MattsCraft
12-15-2017, 05:22 PM
[quote=Double D;1388483]Finally, after 10 years of stock elegance, Ava gets a lift and shoes. She is ready and excited to haul to 205.

Stock:

4 inch Lift, 33s on 20s:

Bad Arse Looking MY Friend!

Ski-me
12-15-2017, 05:24 PM
I am not a black rim fan but DD, that whole stance and wheel/tire combo.....Amazing!!

I really like it!! Well done.

MC25
12-15-2017, 05:25 PM
So sweet!!!

Tristarboarder
12-15-2017, 05:55 PM
^ looks tough, now 🤠

clrussell
12-15-2017, 11:34 PM
Looks great d.

I'm cooking up something for y'all.. stay tuned..

MC25
12-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Honestly shocked at how it tows. Not as scary as I thought.

JohnE
12-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Finally, after 10 years of stock elegance, Ava gets a lift and shoes. She is ready and excited to haul to 205.

Dave, that looks fantastic. I had an avalanche from '03 - '15 (an '03 then an '05) You pics make me regret trading it in.

neil.anderson63
12-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Looks great d.

I'm cooking up something for y'all.. stay tuned..

something vintage in Mallard green????

Dillinewton
12-17-2017, 01:49 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171217/4acb8a037d7a65bb607c38110cfc7d2b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171217/662adadd5432c568301ce3758122cff2.jpg

Prostar 190
12-17-2017, 10:57 PM
[quote=Double D;1388483]Finally, after 10 years of stock elegance, Ava gets a lift and shoes. She is ready and excited to haul to 205.

Stock:

4 inch Lift, 33s on 20s:

Bad Arse Looking MY Friend!
Looks great!

Prostar 190
12-17-2017, 11:00 PM
I like it! Can you share the sizes and offset? Also, how big is your lift?

Tires are 35/12.50/20 Toyo Open Country Mt the wheels are Fuel Lethals 20x10 -19 offset and has a 6" lift.

93Prostar190
12-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Sweet Avalanche DoubleD, finally the wheels match the bad @$$ exhaust note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Barefooter92
12-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Truck looks great DD! You've made a classic look new again!

How old is she? How have you kept the rust off the sheet metal in these OH roads?

sodbuster88
12-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Ď11 F150 EB on Ď14 ProStar

Double D
12-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Truck looks great DD! You've made a classic look new again!

How old is she? How have you kept the rust off the sheet metal in these OH roads?

Thanks. She is going on 11 years old. I have had a few rust bubbles repaired under warranty before that warranty expired. Now I just run her through the spray wash as much as possible.

MasterCraft Ranger
12-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Honestly shocked at how it tows. Not as scary as I thought.

Aric - looks like it handles the tongue weight just fine. I am hoping to use my '09 Tacoma long bed to tow an X25 occasionally.

Very interested in your observations.

MasterCraft Ranger
12-23-2017, 10:09 PM

Sodbuster, that is a sweet setup. I'm guessing the F series tows it with ease.

waterbuffalo
12-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Sodbuster, that is a sweet setup. I'm guessing the F series tows it with ease.

Even better with the EB in it. Ask me how I know that. lol.

Very nice combo, like two peas in a pod.

Sent from my iPhone using stupid Tapatalk

sodbuster88
12-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Even better with the EB in it. Ask me how I know that. lol.

Very nice combo, like two peas in a pod.

Sent from my iPhone using stupid Tapatalk

Thx Guys! Yup, Iíve had a lot of different trucks over the years (both gas and diesel), and the f150 EB with 3:55 gears and select shift XSMN is a great power set up for that 5000-9000# trailer load.

Thrall
12-31-2017, 12:48 AM
@Mattscraft, looks awesome! I think the Avys without the plastic, with a lift, are one of the sharper looking trucks on the road today still.

MC25
12-31-2017, 01:56 AM
Aric - looks like it handles the tongue weight just fine. I am hoping to use my '09 Tacoma long bed to tow an X25 occasionally.

Very interested in your observations.

I definitely will be using it for my in town towing until our cradle is installed in the new dock. For long towing, Iím definitely going to stick to the big guns with the F250. Seemed like it didnít really mind being at the limits, but I didnít do any extreme testing besides hard braking.

These ďmid sizedĒ trucks seem to be as big as previous full sizes of the past. The V6 sucks, but itís a rock solid little truck.

MasterCraft Ranger
01-01-2018, 02:04 AM
Great, thanks!

PT 1999 ProStar
01-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Man I LOVE that boat. Nice set up!

Prostar 190
01-01-2018, 12:58 PM
what am I doing wrong cant get my Imgur pictures to show up.
http://https://i.imgur.com/jKQN2Fx.jpg?2 I guess I got it but now that it's resized the picture is blurry if anyone can give me pointers.

MC197indy
01-01-2018, 07:52 PM

PT 1999 ProStar
01-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Wifes new kid hauler/ boat tow vehicle........420hp!

Great looking truck. We have a 2013 Escalade ESV and love it but when we renew I think we're gonna go with GMC. Very sharp. Enjoy.

MC197indy
01-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Magoo
01-01-2018, 09:45 PM
I go to Collinsville where Laura is pretty regularly. It is completely insane how many trucks they have. Unlike anything I have ever seen.

MC197indy
01-01-2018, 10:00 PM

Mastercraftdave
01-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Wifes new kid hauler/ boat tow vehicle........420hp!

Great looking Denali. Now we need a picture of it towing the boat....

MC197indy
01-02-2018, 12:07 PM

clrussell
01-02-2018, 12:09 PM
The newest tow rig

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180102/954e2c6d184640596122ddf4a536fe53.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180102/b2c8fedd7e302ce39b39e1d1963af9d7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180102/cf9fe933b8eed0c09d88aa66f730bdf1.jpg

MC197indy
01-02-2018, 12:17 PM

clrussell
01-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Thats a real truck! Love that era body style for Ford & Chevy. The Chevy C10 is one of my fav's. Towing the Xstar to CHL with that one?

If you're buying the fuel!

MC197indy
01-02-2018, 12:54 PM

clrussell
01-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Haha......thats what I thought :D

9 hours at 6-7mpg would be a dollar or two

Thrall
01-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Sweet truck! Give Aric his wheels back though....

soacj
01-03-2018, 09:58 PM
The newest tow rig

Great truck! I've seen the factory tool boxes in the rockers of similar trucks, but what's up with the panel on the passenger bedside of your truck? Is that removable in some fashion?

neil.anderson63
01-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Great truck! I've seen the factory tool boxes in the rockers of similar trucks, but what's up with the panel on the passenger bedside of your truck? Is that removable in some fashion?

My grandpa had a camper special. Because the axle is back so far, he didnít have a way to hang a spare behind the axle and the bumper was a slider that extended to go out past a camper. The spare tire was inside that door. The tire hung about 4Ē past the rocker. Iím not positive his was factory, sure looked factory to me.

clrussell
01-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Yeah it is a toolbox/ spare tire area and the panel comes off.

Part of the camper special package

MC25
01-04-2018, 09:25 AM
I swear that’s a 10 ft bed.

pmkkdx
01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
LOL ... just looks that way since you are so accustomed to seeing a double cab

paintpollz
01-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Sweet truck! Give Aric his wheels back though....

HA, Good play. Love the truck, the wheels not so much.

clrussell
01-04-2018, 11:40 AM
I swear thatís a 10 ft bed.

It's 9ft

soacj
01-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Yeah it is a toolbox/ spare tire area and the panel comes off.

Part of the camper special package

Ahhh, now I see. Short rear overhang Is really obvious in retrospect.

Thrall
01-05-2018, 02:17 AM
HA, Good play. Love the truck, the wheels not so much.

Lol. I actually think they work, but it sounded funny.
Not many of those trucks left. Nice find Corbin.

agarabaghi
01-05-2018, 01:56 PM
picking up new tow rig today...

2017 Discovery "First Edition"

tow rating of 8200lbs!

lakedrum03
01-05-2018, 02:17 PM
picking up new tow rig today...

2017 Discovery "First Edition"

tow rating of 8200lbs!

You, my friend, are nuts if you put 8k lbs behind that thing.

ValveCoverGasket
01-05-2018, 02:25 PM
You, my friend, are nuts if you put 8k lbs behind that thing.

why not?

it competes with things like the tahoe or audi q7, all of which have pretty high ratings.

i cant imagine LR publishing a towing spec they found to be unsafe.

Sodar
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM
why not?

it competes with things like the tahoe or audi q7, all of which have pretty high ratings.

i cant imagine LR publishing a towing spec they found to be unsafe.

Take everything said with a grain of salt.

If you don't have a 1-ton dually pulling a kayak, you are overrated in this place!

MC197indy
01-05-2018, 02:58 PM

roadster02
01-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Spare tire is mounted in there. I have an original paint all OEM 1977 f250 in excellent shape. I bought it new, the only new auto I've ever owned.

ValveCoverGasket
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Take everything said with a grain of salt.

If you don't have a 1-ton dually pulling a kayak, you are overrated in this place!

haha indeed!
though i think thats generally true regarding towing discussions on the internet.

agarabaghi
01-05-2018, 05:01 PM
121-metric-ton land train towed by discovery lol

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/watch-a-land-rover-discovery-pull-a-121-ton-road-train/

MC25
01-05-2018, 05:09 PM
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/watch-porsche-cayenne-tow-airbus-a380-earn-world-record/

Weak sauce

Sodar
01-05-2018, 05:22 PM
121-metric-ton land train towed by discovery lol

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/watch-a-land-rover-discovery-pull-a-121-ton-road-train/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/watch-porsche-cayenne-tow-airbus-a380-earn-world-record/

Weak sauce

https://jalopnik.com/5951454/how-a-5600-pound-toyota-towed-a-292000-pound-space-shuttle

I find all these things to be soooo dumb! My golf cart can tow my boat down the street, too! :rolleyes:

MC25
01-05-2018, 05:26 PM
https://jalopnik.com/5951454/how-a-5600-pound-toyota-towed-a-292000-pound-space-shuttle

I find all these things to be soooo dumb! My golf cart can tow my boat down the street, too! :rolleyes:

Iíve towed the 85 down the road with my Kawasaki mule!!! Lol

MC197indy
01-05-2018, 05:35 PM

MC25
01-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Lol...

agarabaghi
01-10-2018, 02:52 PM
smile!

https://i.imgur.com/yxpeQCNh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/o7VJ2uFh.jpg

MC25
01-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Schweeeet

paintpollz
01-11-2018, 11:45 AM
oh no. what did they do to the LR4

Sodar
01-11-2018, 12:37 PM
smile!

https://i.imgur.com/yxpeQCNh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/o7VJ2uFh.jpg

I like it! They have a lot of styling from their big brothers.

paintpollz
01-11-2018, 01:06 PM
I like it! They have a lot of styling from their big brothers.

SMH....

james_shoemaker
01-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Figure I'd chime in. We pull our 1982 S&S 351 powerslot with a 1995 Ford E-150 van with a 351W. Same engine in boat and van (though the van does have FI).

James

Sodar
01-11-2018, 01:30 PM
SMH....

Different strokes. God forbid someone posts something other than a Chevy or Ford. :rolleyes:

MC25
01-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Just to stir the pot, gonna post my ultimate tow vehicle again

paintpollz
01-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Different strokes. God forbid someone posts something other than a Chevy or Ford. :rolleyes:

HAHA very true! :)

paintpollz
01-11-2018, 01:46 PM
Just to stir the pot, gonna post my ultimate tow vehicle again

Looks awesome.

But I can't believe you would event think abou...............8p

MC25
01-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Looks awesome.

But I can't believe you would event think abou...............8p

I like having both ends of the spectrum. My F250 could have beat a normal F250 in a race with me towing the 30 lol

Upnorth07
01-11-2018, 01:53 PM
The Tacoma is stout. Tow on, Aric.

MC25
01-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Bro-coma

Mastercraftdave
01-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Bro-coma

Not to shabby. Definitely has the Bro look.

MC25
01-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Not to shabby. Definitely has the Bro look.

I was too lazy to put the add a leaf last weekend so itís bro leaning. My matching camper shell should be here this week

paintpollz
01-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Bro-coma

wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I like the wheels that Aric put on his truck!!!

Looks great man. How are those tires for daily driving? I just took out the leveling kit and 33s off of my tahoe. Put on 31" Toyo AT2s. Feels like a brand new car.

MC25
01-29-2018, 11:12 AM
wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I like the wheels that Aric put on his truck!!!

Looks great man. How are those tires for daily driving? I just took out the leveling kit and 33s off of my tahoe. Put on 31" Toyo AT2s. Feels like a brand new car.

In my opinion, the ridge grappler is the best tire on the market. This is my second set of them (had a set on my F150 before I put the forces on) and they are amazing. No road noise, and they can take serious abuse. I put A few thousand miles on my f150 with these, and they showed no signs of wear even with 1k of those miles were hard towing.

The key to a better ride, especially on something as dinky as my taco, is not going with load range E. These are load range C, and ride just as good as my stock tires.

I did bilstein 5100s paired with old man emu coils to provide the lift instead of a leveling kit. I tried my best to go with quality parts and no ruin the ride so I’d enjoy driving it. And I can really say I enjoy it.

*ive literally had every tire Nitto and Toyo make for trucks, as well as BFG all terrains and mud terrains. The BFG mud terrains SUCK*

Mastercraftdave
01-29-2018, 11:39 AM
In my opinion, the ridge grappler is the best tire on the market. This is my second set of them (had a set on my F150 before I put the forces on) and they are amazing. No road noise, and they can take serious abuse. I put A few thousand miles on my f150 with these, and they showed no signs of wear even with 1k of those miles were hard towing.

The key to a better ride, especially on something as dinky as my taco, is not going with load range E. These are load range C, and ride just as good as my stock tires.

I did bilstein 5100s paired with old man emu coils to provide the lift instead of a leveling kit. I tried my best to go with quality parts and no ruin the ride so Iíd enjoy driving it. And I can really say I enjoy it.

*ive literally had every tire Nitto and Toyo make for trucks, as well as BFG all terrains and mud terrains. The BFG mud terrains SUCK*

What is the longest that you have kept a set of the Ridge Grapplers. I have tired many pair of Nitto and Toyo, my results have been mixed but most don't last more than 35-40K.

Since going to BFG AT KO2, my past two sets I have seen 60K miles of use out of each set. Same goes for my father who is running the same BFGs. The BFGs offer such a smooth ride and make zero noise.

On a side note, great rim selection with this ride. Looks beefy.

paintpollz
01-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Yep. That's what destroyed the ride on my Tahoe, load range E tires. 5100s are a great shock

MC25
01-29-2018, 11:48 AM
I don’t think I’ve kept any tire longer than 15k. I get bored and switch a lot. I also hardly keep vehicles that long lol. But the other important thing with tire longevity is air pressure. I like to keep mine around 40psi on my half tons to keep the balance of fuel mileage and tire wear along with a decent ride quality. The tires I’ve kept the longest we’re Nitto Trail grapplers, and they wear awesome too.

clrussell
01-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Bro

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180129/8992836ca1f5773c1ea9a947ae80a7ed.jpg

paintpollz
01-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Bro

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180129/8992836ca1f5773c1ea9a947ae80a7ed.jpg

For the love of wheels, I don't get the God

MC25
02-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Pretty much done now

XC500mod
02-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Love the old man topper.

I have a Ď17 F350 SRW. What brands should I be looking at? I have no topper knowledge.

MC25
02-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Love the old man topper.

I have a Ď17 F350 SRW. What brands should I be looking at? I have no topper knowledge.

Leer and snugtop are the two best IMO. This was a leer 100r with the roof rack bases and carpet.

Mastercraftdave
02-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Pretty much done now

I really like the look.

What makes you want a topper instead of a bed cover?

MC25
02-01-2018, 11:02 PM
I really like the look.

What makes you want a topper instead of a bed cover?

The look, and the fact that the Tacoma bed is so small. My bird bag, and weekend luggage fills it to the brim. And Iím planning on going to Moab at some point and sleeping in it.

MC197indy
02-02-2018, 12:09 AM

paintpollz
02-02-2018, 10:05 AM
great Aric. Nice work.

A proper truck! She'll do great in the hot tub :uglyhamme

MC25
02-02-2018, 10:18 AM
great Aric. Nice work.

A proper truck! She'll do great in the hot tub :uglyhamme

Time to sell

Lol

MC25
02-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Still doesnít do great, but itíll do

lakedrum03
02-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Aric - you need airbags on the thing

MC25
02-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Aric - you need airbags on the thing

Really just need to put the lift on in the rear. Just been too lazy.

Mr.Smoke
02-06-2018, 12:14 AM
Just got it home. Time to start the refurbishment.

P.S. I also need to get a pic of the boat as the centerpiece. It pulled 1250 miles home just great though.

Tristarboarder
02-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Nice setup! Looking fwd to pics of the boat!
Welcome to Teamtalk!

MasterCraft Ranger
02-07-2018, 11:36 PM
With my Ram EcoDiesel 1000 miles away, I tentatively picked up my X25 from Wolf Watersports in Phoenix and drove 100 miles over relatively flat land with my 2009 Tacoma PreRunner. Considering I was probably approaching the vehicle's max load, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance. Was able to use cruise control (no overdrive) and maintain 60 mph and even better, stop without any real drama. I am not shy about working the Tacoma's auto gear box around town so it was no big deal manually downshifting to third and even second on my own slow things down.

Managed 12 mpg over the trip.

MC25
02-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Love the taco! Stout little trucks.

neil.anderson63
02-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Taco is a nice setup. Iíd own one for the wife as she loves them. Except the dang driverís seat doesnít have height adjustment. Sheís 5í2Ē and canít see over the dash.:D

tjrowbot
02-08-2018, 10:32 AM
I am very late to the party and enjoy looking at all of your vehicles (both road and water)! This is my setup for when towing the MC. I can't believe how much different the the boat color looks behind a white SUV.

MasterCraft Ranger
02-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Love the taco! Stout little trucks.

Your photos with the X30 gave me the confidence to hook up the X25. Mine is a long bed which I think helps a little with the ride quality and stability.

MC25
02-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Your photos with the X30 gave me the confidence to hook up the X25. Mine is a long bed which I think helps a little with the ride quality and stability.

I had no idea there was even a long bed option when I bought mine, because my dealer had 0. If I wouldíve known, I wouldíve bought a long bed too.

paintpollz
02-08-2018, 12:16 PM

I had no idea there was even a long bed option when I bought mine, because my dealer had 0. If I wouldíve known, I wouldíve bought a long bed too.

dual axle helps a lot too

MasterCraft Ranger
02-08-2018, 12:40 PM
I had no idea there was even a long bed option when I bought mine, because my dealer had 0. If I would’ve known, I would’ve bought a long bed too.

Toyota Dealers don&rsquo;t make it easy to locate one either. They rarely add the &ldquo;LB&rdquo; designation in their descriptions and you really have to know what you&rsquo;re looking for in photos.

Double D
02-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Since I lifted the tow vehicle and put on wide aggressive tires, I needed to add that extra protection for the boat. I think it works... removes with the hitch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/00d94e5e78fad66c73e96e263b700a9a.jpeg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/f3d24ee04a14dc115f156db1ad4fcacb.jpg

Barefooter92
02-26-2018, 07:42 AM
That is perfect!

Did you build that or is it a purchase? If so, provide a link because I need one too!

Double D
02-26-2018, 08:52 AM
That is perfect!

Did you build that or is it a purchase? If so, provide a link because I need one too!

Only thing custom are the MC plates. Its a rocktamers.com product. I purchased it from a reseller for a better price.

mike koen
02-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Cool license plate.

jtoso101
02-27-2018, 05:38 PM
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh622/jtoso89/35ADC85F-F6CD-4945-A5E4-EBC8C3769245_zpsbg1ujmkd.jpg (http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/jtoso89/media/35ADC85F-F6CD-4945-A5E4-EBC8C3769245_zpsbg1ujmkd.jpg.html)

1998 Chevy w/ 185k-Pulls my 2001 Mastercraft X-30. First truck I ever bought so a little sentimental about it.

JohnnyB
02-27-2018, 09:16 PM
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh622/jtoso89/35ADC85F-F6CD-4945-A5E4-EBC8C3769245_zpsbg1ujmkd.jpg (http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/jtoso89/media/35ADC85F-F6CD-4945-A5E4-EBC8C3769245_zpsbg1ujmkd.jpg.html)

1998 Chevy w/ 185k-Pulls my 2001 Mastercraft X-30. First truck I ever bought so a little sentimental about it.Sold my 1998 Tahoe at 360k miles....last 60k as plow truck...body was starting to disappear...was still running 5 years later....bulletproof 5.7 engine

Prostar 190
02-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Getting ready for the ski season so put on new brakes, rotors and my new good weather wheels.

http://https://i.imgur.com/TFgEdHW.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/pyuMsvp.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/zbKzoIw.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/XjRM2mS.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/ju48HW8.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/JglsLnr.jpg?1

Prostar 190
02-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Since I lifted the tow vehicle and put on wide aggressive tires, I needed to add that extra protection for the boat. I think it works... removes with the hitch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/00d94e5e78fad66c73e96e263b700a9a.jpeg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/f3d24ee04a14dc115f156db1ad4fcacb.jpg

Truck is looking great !!

MC25
02-27-2018, 11:28 PM
Getting ready for the ski season so put on new brakes, rotors and my new good weather wheels.

http://https://i.imgur.com/TFgEdHW.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/pyuMsvp.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/zbKzoIw.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/XjRM2mS.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/ju48HW8.jpg?1
http://https://i.imgur.com/JglsLnr.jpg?1

One of the few tundras Iíd drive. Very nice.

Prostar 190
02-27-2018, 11:29 PM
One of the few tundras Iíd drive. Very nice.

Thanks.

Prostar 190
02-27-2018, 11:30 PM
Not a Tundra fan?

Double D
02-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Truck is looking great !!

So is your man! Nice wheels!!

MC25
02-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Not a Tundra fan?

Not really. They need an update so badly. I used to not be a Toyota fan at all, but then my brother got a TRD pro 4Runner. Iíve got a 17 TRD off-road Tacoma now. If the tundra gets a complete redesign in a few years, thatíll be my next truck.

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 12:00 AM
So is your man! Nice wheels!!

Thanks can't believe the difference since the buckeye bash.

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 12:06 AM
Not really. They need an update so badly. I used to not be a Toyota fan at all, but then my brother got a TRD pro 4Runner. Iíve got a 17 TRD off-road Tacoma now. If the tundra gets a complete redesign in a few years, thatíll be my next truck.

I used to be a GM only guy but my last Yukon turned me away. I have had Honda cars for years so figured I would I would buy a Tundra and am glad I did has as much power and torque as my dad's Denali with 6.2. the CrewMax also has the most room in it as any crew cab I have been in. The resale and reliability is also a plus.
How are you liking your new Tacoma?

MC25
02-28-2018, 12:17 AM
I used to be a GM only guy but my last Yukon turned me away. I have had Honda cars for years so figured I would I would buy a Tundra and am glad I did has as much power and torque as my dad's Denali with 6.2. the CrewMax also has the most room in it as any crew cab I have been in. The resale and reliability is also a plus.
How are you liking your new Tacoma?

I absolutely love it. Such a great truck. Perfect size, power and extremely capable. Plus a huge aftermarket which I love.

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 06:36 AM
I absolutely love it. Such a great truck. Perfect size, power and extremely capable. Plus a huge aftermarket which I love.

Have you put the Matt Gecko LED lights in the bed of your Tacoma yet the are awesome for seeing at night.
Good looking VW bus!

MC25
02-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Have you put the Matt Gecko LED lights in the bed of your Tacoma yet the are awesome for seeing at night.
Good looking VW bus!

Thanks! The bus has been a crazy resto project. Also have a 72 big in progress now. My truck came with bed lights installed actually. Theyíre awesome.

Mastercraftdave
02-28-2018, 09:32 AM

How do you like the Open Country M/Ts?

Nice looking setup.

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 10:31 AM
How do you like the Open Country M/Ts?

Nice looking setup.

I love them this is my second set first set probably has 33 thousand miles on them still have over half tread.
I'm using the first set and the other Wheels in case I drive it in the winter.

DisguisedRope
02-28-2018, 04:34 PM
...has as much power and torque as my dad's Denali with 6.2 ...

Tundra 5.7L V8 381 hp and 401 lb⋅ft

Silverado/Sierra 6.2L V8 420 hp and 460 lb⋅ft

Definitely not the same power and torque...

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Tundra 5.7L V8 381 hp and 401 lb⋅ft

Silverado/Sierra 6.2L V8 420 hp and 460 lb⋅ft

Definitely not the same power and torque...

I didn't state what year sorry ....mine is a 2010 my dad's is an 08 6.2 and there was maybe 3 how difference and 4 torque.

MC25
02-28-2018, 05:09 PM
New wheels for lŤ tŗco

DisguisedRope
02-28-2018, 05:15 PM
I didn't state what year sorry ....mine is a 2010 my dad's is an 08 6.2 and there was maybe 3 how difference and 4 torque.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L 403-hp/417-lb-ft

That's closer, but still more than 3hp/4ft*lb.

The Tundra's are good looking trucks though, and reliability is there too. I wish they had a bigger engine or diesel option. I drive a 4Runner currently and when I upgrade I'll be looking at silverado's because of the 6.2. Don't think occasionally towing the X2 justifies going up to a 250/2500 for a daily driver and the 6.2 has the best numbers out of any 1/2 ton gasser.

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 05:15 PM
New wheels for lŤ tŗco

They let you park that in a compact spot. Lol

DisguisedRope
02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
They let you park that in TWO compact spots. Lol

FTFY lol

Prostar 190
02-28-2018, 05:20 PM
FTFY lol

I didn't quite catch that part. Lol

lakedrum03
02-28-2018, 05:21 PM
New wheels for lŤ tŗco

So you are the one who double parks at the grocery store for no reason.

MC25
02-28-2018, 05:47 PM
So you are the one who double parks at the grocery store for no reason.

Iím a simple man. I see spaces marked ďcompactĒ and I take up as many as I can.

XC500mod
02-28-2018, 08:49 PM
love the ridge grapplers on my truck.

MC25
03-17-2018, 03:30 PM
When your toon breaks, and there is a beach entry..... adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

Haha.

Stefan
03-17-2018, 05:39 PM
nice new wheels, does the Taco have a sunroof (moonroof)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI1jEesuzI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI1jEesuzI)

MC25
03-17-2018, 05:42 PM
nice new wheels, does the Taco have a sunroof (moonroof)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI1jEesuzI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MI1jEesuzI)

Yes it does. Has the premium and tech packages that includes the sunroof

XC500mod
03-17-2018, 06:51 PM

X23 and f350

Covi
03-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Very nice set up. The f250 / f350 are my favorite trucks on the road these days.

X23 and f350

clrussell
03-17-2018, 10:15 PM
New shoes on the piggy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180318/f789e392184d142e2a3cd00cb7b88d82.jpg

Prostar 190
03-18-2018, 09:03 AM
New shoes on the piggy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180318/f789e392184d142e2a3cd00cb7b88d82.jpg

Looking good!

SteveO
03-18-2018, 10:33 PM

X23 and f350

THAT is one darn fine combination!!!

Mastercraftdave
03-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Just picked up my 2018 Silverado 6.2L. The 8 speed makes a big difference.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180321/eda247a83e258e041e10ea070ef59746.jpg

MC25
03-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Very very nice!!!!

JohnE
03-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Nice, Dave.

Tony Webb
03-21-2018, 09:17 PM

Dave,
As we cannot get these factory direct in Australia, roughly how much do you pay for them....ball park is close enough, you can get them here but to convert left to right hand drive is expensive.

MC25
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Dave,
As we cannot get these factory direct in Australia, roughly how much do you pay for them....ball park is close enough, you can get them here but to convert left to right hand drive is expensive.

For that specific example, probably mid to high 40s USD

Prostar 190
03-21-2018, 10:47 PM

Looking good Sir!

Mastercraftdave
03-22-2018, 12:43 AM
Dave,

The sticker on this truck was 55k. It's an LTZ Texas Edition, 4x4 and 6.2L. With the rebates and incentives the price of the truck was 41k. Then add about 4K for the lister install and running boards.

XC500mod
03-22-2018, 07:03 AM
How tall of lift? 35s? Looks great

Mastercraftdave
03-22-2018, 08:59 AM
How tall of lift? 35s? Looks great

6" Fab Tech and 35" BFGs. Really impressed with the ride on this Fabtech lift.

curver900
03-22-2018, 01:45 PM

Hubba hubba...