PDA

View Full Version : Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

jmyers
11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
:D Here's my tow vehicle, next picture will be with the boat on the back!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, I went and saw the crew cab and a half dodge pickup. I was looking forward to seeing it for a long time. About a year or so since I read about it. Well, to say the least "overrated". Again, they had the chance to impress me and failed. Its not much bigger at all, and no where near big enough to make me switch. I was thinking it would have made me a dodge fan. I like the cummins, just wish they would put them in a Ford... Or if Chevy built a much tougher front suspension in a chevy with a live axle, they would get my money in a second...

Diesel
11-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Or if Chevy built a much tougher front suspension in a chevy with a live axle, they would get my money in a second...

I hear this alot and I don't understand it?? :confused: What is it about the GM IFS suspension that you do not think is tough?

Unless you are going to the lift the truck does it really matter??

Datdude
11-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, I went and saw the crew cab and a half dodge pickup. I was looking forward to seeing it for a long time. About a year or so since I read about it. Well, to say the least "overrated". Again, they had the chance to impress me and failed. Its not much bigger at all, and no where near big enough to make me switch. I was thinking it would have made me a dodge fan. I like the cummins, just wish they would put them in a Ford... Or if Chevy built a much tougher front suspension in a chevy with a live axle, they would get my money in a second...

That is surprising to hear that it is not that big. The back half of the cab is so big it looks odd. It would be nice to have reclining seats in the back though. I bought a 2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab SRW 4x4 with the Cummins in April(right before the employee pricing :mad: ) and I have been very impressed. Having never been a big Dodge fan, I was impressed with the truck on the test drive and bought it. I now have 17,000 miles on it and it seems to pull a lot better than my 2000 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 with the Powerstroke. The only thing I miss about the Ford was the back seat room. The Dodge is much quieter, pulls better, gets better mileage, and is more comfortable on the road in my opinion. I have not looked at the new Mega Cab for fear that I would want one :uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I hear this alot and I don't understand it?? :confused: What is it about the GM IFS suspension that you do not think is tough?

Unless you are going to the lift the truck does it really matter??
GM IFS is for Corvettes and other cars. Leave it that way....
Axles, bearings, steering components, differential housing all weak in my perspective. I hate that torsion bar type set up, and to know a twisted piece of bar is all that keeps the entire from of the truck off the ground. Sure it rides like a car, but that is NOT why I buy a truck. THE only thing that keeps me clear out of the GM lots is that entire front end system(when we talk about trucks), If they would put a live axle under it already, give me some beefy hubs and a manual shift lever for it, I would own one or more. And I know as a fact, there would be a line of others to get them too.
I look at the underside and think to myself it might as well be a car, and I wouldn't want to haul anything with one.
Its a good grocery getter.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 03:34 PM
I have not looked at the new Mega Cab for fear that I would want one :uglyhamme
I did want one until I went and saw it. Oh well, Back to begging GM to put a coil sprung Dana 60 front axle with manual hubs in the 2500/3500 Duramax. (Yeah, that will happen)
For crying out loud, MAKE IT AN OPTION at least!!!!!

Diesel
11-23-2005, 05:33 PM
GM IFS is for Corvettes and other cars. Leave it that way....
Axles, bearings, steering components, differential housing all weak in my perspective. I hate that torsion bar type set up, and to know a twisted piece of bar is all that keeps the entire from of the truck off the ground. Sure it rides like a car, but that is NOT why I buy a truck. THE only thing that keeps me clear out of the GM lots is that entire front end system(when we talk about trucks), If they would put a live axle under it already, give me some beefy hubs and a manual shift lever for it, I would own one or more. And I know as a fact, there would be a line of others to get them too.
I look at the underside and think to myself it might as well be a car, and I wouldn't want to haul anything with one.
Its a good grocery getter.

Okay don't take this the wrong way....................but you have been fed a bunch of misinformation just like the rest of the sheeple that dog the IFS. Most of the components you just listed as drawbacks are very similar (in some cases exactly the same) as what comes on your precious solid axle. I have worked the better part of my life in suspension and drive train repair and I have worked on all makes and models. So let's start with some facts and compare, oh say a dodge and a GM IFS.

Dodge Dana 60 axle diameter 1.31" GM 9.25 IFS Axle diameter 1.31"

Dodge Dana 60 Ring Gear diameter 9.75" GM 9.25 IFS Ring gear diameter 9.25", advantage Dodge

Dodge Dana 60 Housing Ductile Steel GM 9.25 Housing Cast Aluminium, advantage Dodge.

Both axles use a Saginaw style box for steering. GM uses a center link while Dodge/Ford use a crossover drag link with a tie rod. Same amount of tie rod ends to wear out in all trucks, no advantage to either.

Both axles use a unit bearing and no lock out hubs. Actually GM's unit bearings are larger than both dodge and ford and seem to last a bit longer. (disclaimer: I hate unit bearings and think they are a bad design verses the traditional hub/bearing setup found on earlier trucks. None the less, GMs do seem to last a bit longer but still crap out way sooner than they should. IMHO unit bearings should not be used on 3/4ton and larger trucks). All late model truck now use unit bearings so you are not going to get your hubs regardless of make. no advantage to any make.

Dodge and Ford both also use a very ill designed track bar to keep the truck moving in a straight line. It is way undersized and tends to wear out in 36-50k miles. There is simply too much stress on the track bar and nobody can seem to mfg a rod end that can handle this stress long term.

As far as I have know GM has not had one single torsion bar fail under normal use. Even if one did fail the bump stops would hold the weight of the truck temporarily.

Again if you are not lifting the truck what does it matter?? I fully understand why someone would choose the solid axle if they are into some mild off roading, desert racing, etc. but I just don't see any advantage on the street opposed to the IFS. In fact I don't see how anyone could make a case for the live axle...........it rides worse, it's heavy, it's 1950s technology. GMs IFS has the same capacity (even more in some configurations) than the solid axle Fords and Dodges. The IFS uses very similar (even the same in some cases) components as it's solid axle counterparts. I realize everyone has their own opinions but the non-IFS crowd seems to be the most uneducated crowd when it comes to actually defending the superiority of the solid axle. It usually turns into............. "because I said so and that's what my brother-in-law who is an ASE certified mechanic said."

There is one reason and only one reason Dodge and Ford continue to use the solid axle......... IT IS CHEAPER to mfg than the IFS. :cool:

Have a happy Thanksgiving :)

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Torsion bar failure. Are you saying the torsion bar fatigue and sagging front ends are less likely to happen on a GM IFS than a coil or leaf sprung live axle set up. I suppose it depends on the description of failure.

DO NOT misunderstand me. I own both GMC Yukon and Ford F 250, I am not knocking either. (Just stating why I would not buy a GM pickup truck)

I know, my ford has a modified version of the 60 called a 50. 75K on the ticker with ZERO issues and has seen some off roading and LOTS of towing. And lots more to come. It drives straight as an arrow, and it has 33" Nitto tires.
I ordered my truck from the factory with a manual shift transfer case, and manual hubs. I will do the next the same. If its not available that way, I will make it. Even if I have to go to Dynatrac.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
If I need a track bar with rod ends, I am going to QA1.

jimmer2880
11-23-2005, 06:57 PM
I for one don't like the Chevy's car-like ride, especially in their front end. For me, it's not about being "heavy duty" enough, rather - my wife & I just like the stiffer ride.For the record - I own an '88 Chevy 1500, '99 Burban 1500 & 92 Wrangler. I had to put "add-a-leafs" on both Chevy's to get them to ride non-wimpy.

Cloaked
11-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks Diesel. Interesting and informative read.

I like the diesel powered GMC machine.

I don't understand why the manual locking hubs though? :idon'tgetit:

Why would want to get out of a truck to lock a hub? I did that years ago in off-road days. These machines now days are not even to be considered an off-road vehicle.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 07:02 PM
I for one don't like the Chevy's car-like ride, especially in their front end. For me, it's not about being "heavy duty" enough, rather - my wife & I just like the stiffer ride.For the record - I own an '88 Chevy 1500, '99 Burban 1500 & 92 Wrangler. I had to put "add-a-leafs" on both Chevy's to get them to ride non-wimpy.
Jimmer,
I have found myself quoting your signature a few times since the first time I read it. Very cool.

Back on track. Torsion bars are for trailers.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks Diesel. Interesting read.

I like the diesel powered GMC machine.
Me too, and alot more if it had a straight axle in the front. They are DONE when they put a IRS in them, after seeing them still put IFS in a 1 ton, it would not surprise me they put it out back.

Cloaked
11-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Back on track. Torsion bars are for trailers.Not exclusively... Torsion bar is for power generated torque induced motion. Sway bars are for trailers, to control non-torque induce motion. :twocents:

Interesting thread though... :steering:

Cloaked
11-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Me too, and alot more if it had a straight axle in the front. They are DONE when they put a IRS in them, after seeing them still put IFS in a 1 ton, it would not surprise me they put it out back.I went that straight axle route with a Dodge once. I just wasn't impressed. My first and last Dodge. The 360 CI with the 2:73 drive gear was a joke... But at the time, it's what got them their EPA sticker numbers.

However, I spend a lot of time in a truck and have learned to appreciate the ride control of IFS. Each to their own for specific needs. A straight axle serves an entirely different purpose as opposed to an IFS setup. Straight axles can be used for the install of a locking ring gear, thus a true four wheel drive component. Otherwise 4 X 4 = two axle drive ONLY. One pulling wheel on each axle with limited-slip at best. The is no such thing as a 4-wheel-drive this day and age on a factory install purchase.

Good reading here though W4T. And I still like your Ford machine. They are the nicest looking truck of them all IMHO...

:toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I must say, I am impressed with the suspension and set up of the New Arctic Cat 500 quads. Locked rear end, selectable locker front, and 4 wheel independent suspension, it is the only way to get true 4x4 any more from a factory. Rides nice. Im just glad I don't have to tow with it or drive on the highway. Off road it has that GM plush ride.

Although the LS in my truck works great for added traction. Very limited slip. Ordered it that way. It doesn't like turning a hard corner in 4WD being as long as it is and the LS in the back, makes the front tires curl over. Especially in LOW.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Anybody with a Diesel on here ever put an exhaust or any other type of system on there rigs and get any durability out of them. I know people that put kits on, brag about the power and the gains, but get rid of them before I have an opportunity to see the durability behind them.

Cloaked
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Anybody with a Diesel on here ever put an exhaust or any other type of system on there rigs and get any durability out of them. I know people that put kits on, brag about the power and the gains, but get rid of them before I have an opportunity to see the durability behind them.
Diesel and jran can chime in here. They both have expanded knowledge on the add-ons.

There are so many hyped gadgets, it's hard to know where to start, but you have the right idea in looking for durability.

One of the weakest links in power upgrade through mods is the tranny. The Allison 1000 series has its limits for durability.

I can recommenrd this site for any and all GM questions and answers. If you don't find it here, you don't need to know...

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

redmike
11-23-2005, 09:41 PM
well, my cummins had 200k on it when I put exhaust/k&n/new turbine/new (bigger)injectors in it, and haven't had problem one with it. Did it all myself, only complaint after 50k is that it smokes some when cold, and smokes quite a bit when you are getting on it in 3rd/4th, (but I don't have to smell it!). Mileage stayed where it was, and driving it is like night or day, hauls boat with camper like it used to accelerate empty....hope this is what you were looking for!

Scott Pierce
11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Yea, I have a Yukon XL and bsically the same under the body! But only 16.7 MPG great tow vehical though!

CJ

Workin' 4 Toys
11-24-2005, 10:46 AM
well, my cummins had 200k on it when I put exhaust/k&n/new turbine/new (bigger)injectors in it, and haven't had problem one with it. Did it all myself, only complaint after 50k is that it smokes some when cold, and smokes quite a bit when you are getting on it in 3rd/4th, (but I don't have to smell it!). Mileage stayed where it was, and driving it is like night or day, hauls boat with camper like it used to accelerate empty....hope this is what you were looking for!
So you have 250K on it now? What exhaust did you go with? I like Banks system, but probably because it is the most well known in these parts. One of the guys bought a new '05 F250, with about 500 miles on it put on the 6gun kit with everything but turbo. I was impressed with the difference, but I don't want issues along the way.
I have been reading into some trans shops that will rebuild my trans and do what is needed to support the upgrade. I assure you, when I do it, the trans is being removed and sent out as the first step. I am not convinced yet I want to make the move. I love the truck the way it is. It could sit on some 35's and Id be much happier.
I know of someone that can't brag enough about the bullydog set up. He dumped about $2000.00 into it, and blows the doors off the one with the $9000.00 banks kit.
Again, I hear all these guys and their monster power, but how what are they fixing after 100K? Or do they move on and let someone else deal with it?

redmike
11-24-2005, 01:06 PM
wft:
:twocents: My exauhst was custom built by me and my friend who happens to own an exhaust shop, so can't help you there.
I have a friend that put the banks kit on his pstroke about 6 months prior to me doing the cummins; it impressed me, and hasn't had any problems that I know of (due to the kit). He had the chip added to the tranny, and has been happy. That being said, Banks makes great stuff, but you pay a great price for it, Bully Dog, or BD has the same quality parts, you just don't have to get the kit/ pay the top price. He wishes he had done the mods like I did, and saved $1000.
As for the tranny, I have the 5 speed, so I didn't have to worry, but when I bought my injectors/turbo, the guys at BD (great stuff, great people to work with http://www.bd-power.com/).

Ric
11-24-2005, 02:10 PM
wow I like this thread!
you all know I'm a bowtie fan so this is biased, but with experience to back it

I've run the IFS 4x4 gm trucks for 100k miles each since the inception of the IFS.
Never had a torsion bar fail, break or otherwise. Sag? Maybe they did, but no more or less than the rear leafs or any other style of OEM front drive. Ride like a car? Well, I've riden in cars when forced to, and no my truck doesn't ride like a car by any means(it might be nice if it did).

I actually don't like the rake that GM's designers like so it is really nice to be able to remove it with a few turns of the torsion adjustments when you get home to remove the dealer tag from the tailgate.

When I was a kid I had a few solid front axle 4x4 and they are easy to lift but other than that, you can have them when it comes to ride, control and offroad characteristics.

Brother is on his third f'd 4x4 2500 crew deisel
Rides like a brick, turns like my old 80's 4x4 blazer and wears the tires funny.
His current f'd is lifted and the springs, bearings and linkage has been replaced at ~100k miles
Diesels are supposed to have an advantage over the long haul (which I'd not benefit from) but the f'd trucks I know wear everything out, brakes, bearings, steering etc... looong before the powerstroke has neared it's half-life, so what's the point? just to make noise when you drive up to the ball field?

I think it's fair what someone mentioned earlier that the market isn't really centered around a real offroad truck

I always buy 4x4, (good to have it and not need it) most of us dont go spend 40k on a truck and go rockbusting with it on sunday.

I think a larger majority of truck owners, buy for appearance and appeal where group 2 would be looking for towing and hauling, and group 3 would look for liftable offroad characteristics.
Honestly, a jeep would be best for hunting Colorado but I need a crew cab HD truck to get all my crap there!!
These new supercrew f'd and z71 crews look like they are a decent length and a good trade-off (with mods) for offroad and mall-runners.

stevo137
11-24-2005, 02:30 PM
As I have said before, I really like our all time 4-wheel drive Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 litre and 6500 lb pull package. It runs sweet, is great in snow and I have not found a slippery ramp that it couldn't deal with.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Ric, what do you mean by wears the tires funny. On a lifted truck too?

Workin' 4 Toys
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Dedicated to Tow Vehicles.... In Tow.....
I can't wait to hook it back up in a few short months.....

Ric
11-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Ric, what do you mean by wears the tires funny. On a lifted truck too?
His ate up front tires (mainly before the lift). After the lift, they look to be wearing a bit funny but it's hard to say because they are big tires and not comparable to any normal setup, so I figure you give that up when you have a lift.

Ric
11-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Dedicated to Tow Vehicles.... In Tow.....
I can't wait to hook it back up in a few short months.....
Good looking combo!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Good looking combo!
Note: the Cap was off.....

Ric
11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Note: the Cap was off.....
What size are those tires?

Workin' 4 Toys
11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Ric
11-28-2005, 10:19 AM
295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
nice
Mine are 305/70's and yours looked about that big
They are the largest I could fit on a stock setup

Diesel
11-28-2005, 10:20 AM

We turned quite a few screaming Diesels out of my shop in Tulsa. Any modification can be an improvement if done correctly and in moderation. I put a combined 200k on my own/company diesels in the last few years and sensible modification will not affect the durability of the engine.

The biggest improvement can be had with programming. For this I would recommend Edge Products. Their Juice/Attitude module will allow you to dial in the level of performance via the monitor. It also allows you to monitor various temps and vital engine parameters.

Exhaust is a nice upgrade but the return/cost benefit is marginal at best. If after programing your EGTs are too high an exhaust might be necessary down the line.

BTW Banks stuff is overrated and over priced IMHO.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
nice
Mine are 305/70's and yours looked about that big
They are the largest I could fit on a stock setup

I was skeptical of going any larger on a stock wheel. If I ever go one size or more bigger, Some M/T Alcoa's or Weld's will be on the same order.
Not to mention mine have rubbed a few times in the front. Ever take yours off road?

Workin' 4 Toys
11-28-2005, 10:27 AM
We turned quite a few screaming Diesels out of my shop in Tulsa. Any modification can be an improvement if done correctly and in moderation. I put a combined 200k on my own/company diesels in the last few years and sensible modification will not affect the durability of the engine.

The biggest improvement can be had with programming. For this I would recommend Edge Products. Their Juice/Attitude module will allow you to dial in the level of performance via the monitor. It also allows you to monitor various temps and vital engine parameters.

Exhaust is a nice upgrade but the return/cost benefit is marginal at best. If after programing your EGTs are too high an exhaust might be necessary down the line.

BTW Banks stuff is overrated and over priced IMHO.
I am not looking for major performance gains. I think it is almost perfect the way it is. I would like to increase mileage if possible, and get that awesome turbo sound that comes with a full 4" exhaust. I don't drive it enough anymore to worry too much about it. I am just tossing the idea around.

Ever do a propane job?

Diesel
11-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Ever do a propane job?

Yes but with NoX and on a race truck. Only very high HP and aggressive programs need pane. And usually after the pane is installed the NoX is necessary to extract the full energy of the added fuel. Then you need a larger turbo or twins, and so on. It's like anything else, one thing leads to another and then another.............etc.

6ballsisall
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes but with NoX and on a race truck. Only very high HP and aggressive programs need pane. And usually after the pane is installed the NoX is necessary to extract the full energy of the added fuel. Then you need a larger turbo or twins, and so on. It's like anything else, one thing leads to another and then another.............etc.

Tru Dat!! Once you go down the bombin road it's a never ending addiction :D

Ric
11-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I was skeptical of going any larger on a stock wheel. If I ever go one size or more bigger, Some M/T Alcoa's or Weld's will be on the same order.
Not to mention mine have rubbed a few times in the front. Ever take yours off road?
Some off road during hunts, but not alot. These are Goodyear Wrangler AT/S. Decent regarding highway noise yet surprisingly agressive off road.

Got into a situation a few years ago in the marshy coastal area here on a duck hunt.
we were driving a levy before sunrise to some flooded fields near Galveston bay
The levy was about 15 ft or so above the tide but it was muddy as hell on top.
The guys with me were grabbing for the doors, getting ready to bail out, thinking we were going over the edge :eek:
I stayed consistent with the throttle and the tires unloaded themselves well through the gummy run. Pretty good pucker factor and I can't blame those guys cause I'd been the same way if it were me in the backseat!

Sodar
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Has Anyone ever installed a transmission cooler on their tow vehicle? Does anyone know what is involved? I was just wondering how hard it is to do yourself.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I had one installed on my expedition. So that doesn't really answer your question apart from my telling you that it was relatively inexpensive to have it professionally installed. Definitely worth my peace of mind. For them, I think it was a one hour job.

redmike
01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Has Anyone ever installed a transmission cooler on their tow vehicle? Does anyone know what is involved? I was just wondering how hard it is to do yourself.
Depending on the vehicle, it is not badif you get an aftermarket kit, disconnect one line from factory cooler, install adaptor, install a couple of hoses, put cooler in front of radiator with supplied plastic ties, refill any lost fluid....
might have forgot something, but you get the jist....

skitilldark
01-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Here's one of my tow v.

Ryan
01-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Here's one of my tow v.

Sweet ride. How well does that V8 tow? Assuming it's the V8 by the width of the rear tires and the tailpipes.

Boogieman
01-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Sweet ride. How well does that V8 tow? Assuming it's the V8 by the width of the rear tires and the tailpipes.

the wide fenders, the tailpipes, the wide tires, the taillights . . it's a 4.8is!!! . . I'm sure . . and even the 4.4 is AWESOME for towing . . .!!!

Leroy
01-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Really nice skitilldark! What is the rated towing capacity?

Tag is good for winter and summer!

Here's one of my tow v.

skitilldark
01-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Really nice skitilldark! What is the rated towing capacity?

Tag is good for winter and summer!
Unfortunately BMW only rates the 4.8is it at 5000lbs just like the other models. I'm not sure why...I think the thing could move my house. It tows my X-9 like it isn't even back there.

My older Blazer really had a time with my boat. It was dangerous..top speed on the highway puling the boat was maybe 7o with a tailwind. I don't know about you guys but no one drives 70 down here. Now I can go any speed I want.

The only downside is that the boat weighs close to the weight of the SUV. Sometimes on a slippery ramp, the boat will drag the thing into the water until the boat starts floating. The first few times it really freaked me out. Now it's just fun for when I have passengers.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Here's our "TOY TOW R" towing our former toy. I even made a removable mud flap setup for it. :steering:

skitilldark
01-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Here's our "TOY TOW R" towing our former toy. I even made a removable mud flap setup for it. :steering:

Sweeet. How do you like your X-10. Looks like you've got the lightbar as well.

Ryan
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
The 2007 Expedition just came on the net.
http://maintenance.autoblog.com/2006/01/27/ford-unleashes-2007-expedition-on-unsuspecting-texans/

rodltg2
01-28-2006, 03:13 PM
ooh, the el is kind of ugly/

Ryan
01-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Interesting, the bigger Expedition was supposed to be called the XL. I suppose EL doesn't carry the same connotations as super-sized, fat and of course Extra Large

SteveO
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Will Ford be able to keep up with the SUV race. First trailing sales on the exploder and now a (yawn) new Expedition. I am not generaly a US automaker fan, and now even less with that. Gotta say the new Tahoe and family looks really nice. I will look at the Tahoe when the wifes MDX lease is up this summer.

rodltg2
01-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Here's one of my tow v.

nive! way to bling.

schmaltzy
01-28-2006, 04:35 PM
'05 Lariat F-150 - '04 TT 197 - :steering:

Ryan
01-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Will Ford be able to keep up with the SUV race. First trailing sales on the exploder and now a (yawn) new Expedition. I am not generaly a US automaker fan, and now even less with that. Gotta say the new Tahoe and family looks really nice. I will look at the Tahoe when the wifes MDX lease is up this summer.

I like the consistent grill styling through the brand, but I expected way more from this new Ute. It looks like no bigger improvement than the 06 Explorer. Still way too much front over hang. Just not enough to differentiate from the old in my opinion. I think that's why they released it at the TX auto show to avoid the lime light cast from the sleeker GMs.

Ryan
01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
'05 Lariat F-150 - '04 TT 197 - :steering:

Nice rig. I like that grill.

There used to be a private course up in Ogden by a Flying J (don't remember the street). Do you know if it's still there? I called the SLC MC dealer asking about any info on private lakes and they only mentioned a couple up by Brigham City.

Ryan
01-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Here it is. On Wilson/21st St. I zoomed in on Google maps and don't see any buoys.

1984StarsandStripes
02-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Anyone else out there towing with an Explorer?

'02 Explorer 43,000 miles 4.0 liter 4 speed plus overdrive 3.73 rear end ratio

Seems to pull fine the boat doesn't really make the truck real bad to drive just have to plan in advance whaen you are going to pull out in front of someone! :D

jayocheskey
02-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Anyone else out there towing with an Explorer?

'02 Explorer 43,000 miles 4.0 liter 4 speed plus overdrive 3.73 rear end ratio

Seems to pull fine the boat doesn't really make the truck real bad to drive just have to plan in advance whaen you are going to pull out in front of someone! :D

How does that Explorer tow? It seems like it would be a little weak. Here's mine. Just got new tires this weekend. BFGoodrich A/T 285/75/16. They will definitely get the job done.

jayocheskey
02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Tire close-up.

Boogieman
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
hmm . . are they loud on the highway? . .

Col. Potter
02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I tow my X2 with my 05 Titan. And all I can say is "what boat?" can't even tell it's back there in the Ozarks of southern Missouri. Never thought I would own anything other than a GM truck, but when I wore out my last truck I test drove the Titan and never looked back. Wow, what a comfortable riding truck. :)

jayocheskey
02-12-2006, 09:08 PM
hmm . . are they loud on the highway? . .
There is a low hum, but I wouldn't say they are loud out all. I had the same tires on my old pick-up. They lasted forever, look great and handle the trail very well.

jayocheskey
02-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I tow my X2 with my 05 Titan. And all I can say is "what boat?" can't even tell it's back there in the Ozarks of southern Missouri. Never thought I would own anything other than a GM truck, but when I wore out my last truck I test drove the Titan and never looked back. Wow, what a comfortable riding truck. :)
I've been taking notice of those Titans. Very good looking trucks - your conversion from GM to the Titan may have me leaning that way as well. What are all the specs? Engine, towing, mileage, etc.

Boogieman
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
There is a low hum, but I wouldn't say they are loud out all. I had the same tires on my old pick-up. They lasted forever, look great and handle the trail very well.

Thanks. . . . that's maybe the tire I'm gonna get for my Safari then . . . I'm not sure if I need the rough tread though . . .

1984StarsandStripes
02-12-2006, 09:40 PM
The BFG's always look tough on a truck but man are they expensive.:eek: Well I guess that was till my Mom told me one new tire factory replacement Goodyear for her Escalade was 275 bucks:eek: and that is thru one of our business partners that services my Dad's fleet and gives a very good deal. I always have favored Michlens and Gooodyear, still not cheap but they have always done well for me. Never been stuck in the mud and I go deep in some crap in my Explorer to get close to the ducks. :D

JEREMY79
02-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I have a set of Avon (yeah I never heard of them either) on my work truck they have 40k miles on the tires and still have plenty of tread. There is not many people that get in as much schmuk as I do in the work truck. I have the same tires on my personal truck, not as many miles but the only pic I have, its not great

Boogieman
02-12-2006, 10:56 PM
my old tow vehicle . . .the Astro . . when I got it
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8734/img11030md.jpg

after I was done with it (it's a fake Safari now . .) . . . :D
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9564/dsc079025wg.jpg

and now it's sold . . and replaced with a newer real Safari . . . :cool:

erkoehler
02-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Why'd you make the changes?

Boogieman
02-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Why'd you make the changes?
can't you tell?? . . . :confused:

Sodar
02-12-2006, 11:47 PM
can't you tell?? . . . :confused:

I don't know why you changed it either!?!?! I love the visor and three color paint scheme. How does a astro/safari pull? Do they put V8's in them?

erkoehler
02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I can see why you had it repainted, but why change from Chevy to GMC....

Boogieman
02-12-2006, 11:55 PM
I didn't like the visor, the 2-tone (and a grey unpainted bumber) paintjob was horrible done, the headlights didn't give light at all and I prefer the GMC grill at the astro/safari's . . and I like it "original looking" . . that's why I changed it . . .

about towing . . it doesn't come with a V8 . . only a 4.6l V6 . . it's not very powerfull . . but it does the job . . . maybe not for a X-80 . . but for a ProStar it's ok . . . but AWD is a option you want to get the boat out of the lake . . . :D . . .

jayocheskey
02-13-2006, 01:22 AM
$275 for 1 tire sounds pretty steep. You may want to check your source out. What was the tire size? We got plus size 16" tires for $160 apiece. I'd always check prices before trusting anyone about anything. They are great tires though, and great looking too.

Boogieman
02-13-2006, 01:40 AM
$275 for 1 tire sounds pretty steep. You may want to check your source out. What was the tire size? We got plus size 16" tires for $160 apiece. I'd always check prices before trusting anyone about anything. They are great tires though, and great looking too.

yeah . . even 17" (and as far as I know . . Escalades have 17" . . 265/70R17 . . if my brain still works . .) shouldn't be much more than 170$ a piece . ..

Workin' 4 Toys
02-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I can see why you had it repainted, but why change from Chevy to GMC....
Cause GMC's are worth more silly....8p

georgea0731
02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I just got a new 06 F150 with 16 inch wheels and tires. I have been watching ebay for 18 or 20 inch take offs. People buy new after market wheels and tires then put their old (actually new) wheels and tires up for sale on ebay. A lot of them are cheaper then buying just the tires.
I am wanting for a great deal too, but in the past, never thought about checking this method out before going to a tire place. Hope it helps!

jrcarte78
02-13-2006, 11:04 AM
How does that Explorer tow? It seems like it would be a little weak. Here's mine. Just got new tires this weekend. BFGoodrich A/T 285/75/16. They will definitely get the job done.

Jay, sweet tires!! I was thinking of having a set of these put on my Silverado. I love the way the 285s look.

A couple of questions: Do they rub anywhere on the fender?(I've heard of this being a problem in some cases). Also, did the tire shop that mounted them for you re-calibrate your speedometer for the bigger tires or did you have to take it to a different mechanic to have this done? :confused:

Rockman
02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Jay, sweet tires!! I was thinking of having a set of these put on my Silverado. I love the way the 285s look.

A couple of questions: Do they rub anywhere on the fender?(I've heard of this being a problem in some cases). Also, did the tire shop that mounted them for you re-calibrate your speedometer for the bigger tires or did you have to take it to a different mechanic to have this done? :confused:

Same questions here. I need new tires soon and no one around here will put the 285s on my Silverado. I have an 02 2500HD. They said there is no way they will fit!? :confused:

Thje tires I have on now are (I think) 245-75-R16. My friend's dad has the same truck but a GMC and he got them installed no problem. There was a little bit of rubbing but that's all.

What's the truth to this?

Ric
02-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Same questions here. I need new tires soon and no one around here will put the 285s on my Silverado. I have an 02 2500HD. They said there is no way they will fit!? :confused:

Thje tires I have on now are (I think) 245-75-R16. My friend's dad has the same truck but a GMC and he got them installed no problem. There was a little bit of rubbing but that's all.

I am currently running Bridgestone 305/70/16 on my 1500HD 4x4 but I had to crank the torsion bars a bit so the 305's wouldnt rub...
I have done this on a few of my trucks because I dont like factory tire size, nor do I want to fool with lift kits.
Every GM truck I have had needed a different amount of adjustment to the torsion bars to make the 305's work but it is a nice fit afterward.

I think it looks better leveled out anyway, I know the 305's are better in rough terrain. :steering:

Rockman
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I am currently running Bridgestone 305/70/16 on my 1500HD 4x4 but I had to crank the torsion bars a bit so the 305's wouldnt rub...
I have done this on a few of my trucks because I dont like factory tire size, nor do I want to fool with lift kits.
Every GM truck I have had needed a different amount of adjustment to the torsion bars to make the 305's work but it is a nice fit afterward.

I think it looks better leveled out anyway, I know the 305's are better in rough terrain. :steering:

They had told me that the tires would not fit on the rims I have (which are standard for the Silverado). They were too wide.

Would a tire place adjust the torsion bars when I get the new tires installed or would I have to take somewhere else?

Ric
02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I guess it depends on the tire place you choose but it's an easy diy job
there are two hex head adjustment screws found in the crossmember of the frame near the transmission. You do nothing more than screw them in the same amount of turns each til you reach the desired front end height.
I always like to measure some reference points on each side in the front prior to cranking and re-measure a few times during the process.
Mainly when I do it, I step way back and look at the lines of the truck to be sure I dont go to far and that I dont do more to one side of the truck from the other side...

Ric
02-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Here is another look at them on factory wheels (http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1761&cat=500&ppuser=512)

jayocheskey
02-13-2006, 03:50 PM

No rubbing. If we had gone with the 305's, we would definitely have needed some adjustment, but the 285's are a perfect fit. As for recalibrating the speedometer, we bought a Power Reprogrammer when we first purchased the Tahoe in '03. It allows you to recalibrate for larger or smaller tires as well as change the Governor setting, adjust fuel/air ratio & and rear axle ratio. In all, it can add between 15-30 HP. Got ours from JEG'S performance parts. Pretty easy to program too, just plug it in under the dash, select your options and let the computer do all the work.

jayocheskey
02-13-2006, 03:53 PM

I don't know why they wouldn't. My friend who drives an '01 GMC HD has the 285's on his pick-up. That's where I fell for them. They look perfect. He has no lift or body adjustments whatsoever.

jayocheskey
02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
I guess it depends on the tire place you choose but it's an easy diy job
there are two hex head adjustment screws found in the crossmember of the frame near the transmission. You do nothing more than screw them in the same amount of turns each til you reach the desired front end height.
I always like to measure some reference points on each side in the front prior to cranking and re-measure a few times during the process.
Mainly when I do it, I step way back and look at the lines of the truck to be sure I dont go to far and that I dont do more to one side of the truck from the other side...
That is a NICE looking combo. Red just catches the eye. That truck could probably tow 2 or 3 more boats. I love GM.

BriEOD
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice rig Ric (for a chevy 8p )

tex
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
On the way to Texas Mastercraft.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
On the way to Texas Mastercraft.

Is that from today?

tex
03-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Yesterday morning.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Yesterday morning.

Where's all the ski pics?

tex
03-12-2006, 05:19 PM
i haven't been out since new years day.

SteveO
03-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Love the sign over the rig. What's she going in for?

tex
03-13-2006, 01:12 PM
New steering cable, rudder, and some cosmetics.

jeverett
03-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Here is my tow rig.

DooSPX
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
here is mine... 04 Sierra- 5.3, 3.73 locker, XM, OnStar, loaded...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/DooSPX/post-16-41957-post_2_07718_Mvc_040s.jpg

Granite_33
03-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I posted this somewhere earlier.
'04 Burban
LT. Leather, DVD, 5.3L
Tow Package, and just about anything else you would want.

Granite_33
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Dammit!!!!!!!! It's in my gallery. Go there.

Foilin_fool
12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Saw a thread on another forum with some pretty cool tow/rig setups. Searched and couldn't find one here.

Here's my toy:

2007 X-45 Switch loaded w/ 8.1L
2005 F250
- 22" Wheels
- 40" Tires
- 6.0L Diesel
- Bullydog programmer & Edge Attitude
- Modified 11" Fabtech lift w Traction Bars
- NOS
- High Flow Ram Intake & 4" Exhaust
- DVD, Navigation, 2 cameras, 10gig hard drive, XM, etc.

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/rig_2.jpg

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/rig_1.jpg

Maristar210
12-23-2006, 02:54 PM
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

That's all I can say....

TMCNo1
12-23-2006, 03:01 PM
He's only 18 years and,

TMCNo1
12-23-2006, 03:03 PM
30,000 miles behind,

SkiDog
12-23-2006, 03:21 PM
30,000 miles behind,

I was gonna put mine on here, but not now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(

Mag_Red
12-23-2006, 04:21 PM
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

That's all I can say....Ditto! My Boat would look good behind that rig too;)

2QWICK
12-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Whats up Cliff... we're currently towing with a 97 Land Rover D90 - thats FOR SALE:cool:

BriEOD
12-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow, I'm glad I don't have to choose between the top two. Very impressive gents.

123src
12-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Here's my set-up...

JohnnyB
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Here's my set-up...

Nice rig....next vehicle I get is going to be a crew-cab Chevy.

Suburban and Tahoe ("our minivans") just don't substitute for a pickup..

RickDV
12-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Here's a pic of our double tow rig before heading out on a camping/skiing trip.

Jerseydave
12-23-2006, 10:24 PM
WOW, Rick I hope you have a duramax in that truck!

(We can't do that here in NJ)

123src
12-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Geez, Rick, that is a nice set up. No doubles here in the pacific northwest, so I had to settle with a camper... I guess I should post another pic with the "camping" set-up.

G-man
12-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Off topic

Foiling Fool nice rig but do you worry about blowing head gaskets on the powerstroke at all with the bully dog and edge?

michael freeman
12-24-2006, 01:14 PM
not as exciting as the ones above, but it works for me: :)
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/michaelfreeman_2006/Newboat10hrs.jpg

bcampbe7
12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Nice Defender 2QWICK! :cool:

Here's mine...

T Scott
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Here's a pic of our double tow rig before heading out on a camping/skiing trip.

I like to think I am a pretty good driver and can put my boat just about anywhere I want....however, there is no way I'd be able to get that rig to back up!! More power to you if you can!

Danimal
12-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Not the best picture...

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/TriStar_Tow_1.jpg

Foilin_fool
12-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Off topic

Foiling Fool nice rig but do you worry about blowing head gaskets on the powerstroke at all with the bully dog and edge?

Thanks.

I've been waiting for it to happen, but not as of yet and I drive like I stole it! I'm taking it in next week to have all of the head bolts replaced with studs. They won't stretch like the bolts will. Also adding some more Autometer C2 guages next week.

See ya,
Cliff

G-man
12-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks.

I've been waiting for it to happen, but not as of yet and I drive like I stole it! I'm taking it in next week to have all of the head bolts replaced with studs. They won't stretch like the bolts will. Also adding some more Autometer C2 guages next week.

See ya,
Cliff

I have a bone stock 06F-250, It's going to stay that way till paid for and out of warranty. The ARP studs are the way to go. Have fun with it.

nuckinfutz
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Those are nice. I like the Logo's, adds a nice touch for us guys that are hardcore!!

Heres my hoopty!

http://www.telcon-solutions.com/wakeboarding/DSC00022_600X800.JPG

canadianskier
12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
hey nukinfutz, nice set up, my fave suv, but up here in canada that set is easily $150,000. can`t wait until mid apirl

HarleyMaster
12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
This photo was late this past summer in BC. I just sold this F-150 and will have some new photos in the spring with the Cadi Ext and the X7.

Jonathan94
12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Here is my mine. We also travel with a camper during the summer but I can't find any good pictures of that rig.

(2004, Chev 2500 6.0L gasser)

2QWICK
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks!! We love the D90 but there isn't nearly enough room for our son AND the Great Dane. We plan on getting a Disco I once ours sells... so hows the Disco pull? I would assume that its very similar to the D90.

Nice Defender 2QWICK! :cool:

Here's mine...

Mikey
12-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks!! We love the D90 but there isn't nearly enough room for our son AND the Great Dane. We plan on getting a Disco I once ours sells... so hows the Disco pull? I would assume that its very similar to the D90.

What are you asking for the Defender? I would love to have one of those. Bad@$$ trail rig!:cool:

2QWICK
12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
What are you asking for the Defender? I would love to have one of those. Bad@$$ trail rig!:cool:
$30,000 - 100% rust free and too many new parts to list :D Email me and I will send the details and some pics. cjohnson@vurv.com

Foilin_fool
12-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Those are nice. I like the Logo's, adds a nice touch for us guys that are hardcore!!

F.Y.I. The MasterCraft logo's on the side of my truck (yellow ford) are the 06' PWT graphics - available from your local MC dealer.

Cliff

floridamastercraft
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I know you guys have some nice rides. Let's see them!

bbeach
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
http://thecellbreak.com/ms_pics/z71.jpg

JKTX21
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
2000 Expedition

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/JKTX21/DSC01604.jpg

Leroy
02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
My 2000 LX470, 95k miles and running great, still feels like new! Love this machine as much as I love my MC!

Sodar
02-25-2007, 11:21 PM
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

Sodar
02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

ctkiteboarding
02-26-2007, 12:18 AM
old and new

ctkiteboarding
02-26-2007, 12:23 AM
better shot

TMCNo1
02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Just relaxing and doing what comes natural,

Faded & X9-Rated
02-26-2007, 09:20 AM
HEMI!!!

Wish it was 4X4.. but its still Fast!!!

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/094400.jpg

SkiDog
02-26-2007, 09:37 AM
not a very good pic

lassy
02-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Old tow rig

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r234/ericlassiterspics/jeepandxcombo3.jpg

New tow rig
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r234/ericlassiterspics/Truck/IMG_1359.jpg

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Boats gone:( to the dealer but Truck looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

slink976
02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Is the X30 and the X2 the same haul?

Sorry thread jack

BriEOD
02-28-2007, 09:07 PM
05' F-150 King Ranch 4x4 5.4L Triton

ProTour X9
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't have one of the 250 SuperDuty, but heres one of 'Lil Red':D

SkiDog
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Is the X30 and the X2 the same haul?

Sorry thread jack
No, the X30 is 23' long and the X2 is 20', I think.

ProTour X9
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry about the quality, but yes those are all MC stickers

milkmania
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
[quote=SodarSki73]2005 Chevrolet Tahoe[/quote

slink976
02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
No, the X30 is 23' long and the X2 is 20', I think.

Yeah got that, but design wise are they the same (leaving length out the equation, oh i am gonna catch hell on that one)

sizzler
03-01-2007, 03:15 AM
the new X2 is a pickle fork design.......the X30 is normal

BrianM
03-01-2007, 08:45 AM
'07 Avalanche LTZ

trickskier
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Good looking truck Brian!!!

Sodar
03-01-2007, 08:52 AM
'07 Avalanche LTZ

Very Nice looking Brian... I really like the new OEM 20" wheels!

Sodar
03-01-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=19253&stc=1&d=1172715903

Thanks Milk...

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-01-2007, 09:00 AM
'04 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Excursion Limited. It does the job...when it's running right. :(

BrianM...I agree with others comments...NICE truck! GM really improved that model since initial model...too much plastic before IMO.

Mag_Red
03-01-2007, 09:15 AM
'07 Avalanche LTZBeautiful rig Brian! If GM would have had that in 2005, I'd be driving that instead of the F-150. Like Phat said..........way too much plactic on the previous model. That, and the fact the dash was the same as my 1999 Chevy Silverado.

Cary K.
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Here is mine in front of a buddy's house (fish eye lens makes it weird).

http://myspace-412.vo.llnwd.net/01347/21/43/1347633412_l.jpg

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 08:26 PM
This mid engine, 1955 GMC Concept Vehicle designed by Harley Earl would have made a terrific tow vehicle! The sculpture down the side reflects that of the '87, '88' '89, and '90 Prostar 190 stripe, just saying............................and painted to match the boat???????????????

sand2snow22
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
In the shade cooling off after a hard day at the lake!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/bryanmclean18/DSC00226.jpg

milkmania
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
In the shade cooling off after a hard day at the lake!!

great pichttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/award.gif

sand2snow22
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks Mag......

X-Star Fanatic
04-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I had some vinyl installed on my Excursion to match my new 2007 X-Star. I notice many boats on the freeway and roads but what always stands out is the combination of the tow vehicle and the trailer/boat. I love looking through the parking lot of the marinas to see some awesome rigs.

Anyone else have some pics of their tow vehicles?

Ric
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1371&highlight=vehicle

good idea because I think we lost a ton of vehicle pics in the great photo dump

Gozar
04-18-2007, 02:13 PM
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel w/ Allison Transmission

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/chrismaynard/boat-truck1.jpg

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/chrismaynard/boat-truck3.jpg

Mag_Red
04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Gozar, you should paint the top half of the truck navy blue to match the boat.

Datdude
04-18-2007, 03:13 PM
2006 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax with my 1995 Prostar 190 LT-1

Ric
04-18-2007, 04:37 PM
. .

Ric
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
aww what the hell, here is a so-so pic of my rig

Mag_Red
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
aww what the hell, here is a so-so pic of my rigRic, you need some tires and rims on that truck:D

Ric
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm so boring .

tellya what else I need to do is just start buying them with whatever I want because I KNOW that I won't go do the mods that I said I would do... Red now has 43000, not really in the mood to modify anything on it now.

Sodar
04-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Ric, you need some tires and rims on that truck:D

I disagree with the rims part. I love the HD wheels. My buddy has the same truck as Ric, but put a spindle lift on it, just to raise the front a couple inches and then put 33" tires on the stock rims.... LOOKS AWESOME!

Ric,

Is that a 6.0 or Duramax?

nuckinfutz
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
07 Escalade EXT with the 6 speed 6.2L and the 04 X-Star with the LQ9

http://www.telcon-solutions.com/Boat/DSC00022_600X800.JPG

Sodar
04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
07 Escalade EXT with the 6 speed 6.2L and the 04 X-Star with the LQ9

http://www.telcon-solutions.com/Boat/DSC00022_600X800.JPG

Baller

erkoehler
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
You guys need matching rims on the truck and trailer :)

nuckinfutz
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
You guys need matching rims on the truck and trailer :)

Erk,
Can you get me 4 MC wheels for the truck?!:D

nuckinfutz
04-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Baller

Naw... Ballin would be if that was my actual carport and not Mercer island boat launch parking!:D

erkoehler
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
We can definetly match rims on the boat and trailer. However, there is no direct match to the MC rims of the trailer you have.

We are setting up a demo "RIG" so that the rims on the truck match the trailer rims. It will be a PWT X-Star and Ford Excursion......24" rims on the truck!

bbeach
http://thecellbreak.com/ms_pics/mastercraft.jpg

erkoehler
18" matching rims for the boat trailer!

PaulW
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
We can definetly match rims on the boat and trailer. However, there is no direct match to the MC rims of the trailer you have.

We are setting up a demo "RIG" so that the rims on the truck match the trailer rims. It will be a PWT X-Star and Ford Excursion......24" rims on the truck!
You need to get some curb feelers on that truck, so your ready for the city

nuckinfutz
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I joke about changing the rims on the truck before changing them on the trailer. But in reality, I dont want to raise the height of the boat trailer. Ive had water up to the door seals before just to launch in some areas.

erkoehler
04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I could get you the same size rims for the trailer :)

Ric
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I joke about changing the rims on the truck before changing them on the trailer. But in reality, I dont want to raise the height of the boat trailer. Ive had water up to the door seals before just to launch in some areas. note to self, do not buy used tow vehicles from futz

Ric
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I disagree with the rims part. I love the HD wheels. My buddy has the same truck as Ric, but put a spindle lift on it, just to raise the front a couple inches and then put 33" tires on the stock rims.... LOOKS AWESOME!

Ric,

Is that a 6.0 or Duramax? 6.0 baby! I do NOT need a diesel, no matter how cool I think they are!

This may be the new Chivvy thread if you f'd guys don't hurry! Erk's doesn't count because it aint his truck8p

nuckinfutz
04-18-2007, 06:28 PM
note to self, do not buy used tow vehicles from futz

Cant say I blame you there! I had to choose on either driving the truck into the lake, or calling it a weekend. Took 3 of us to launch. 1 in the truck, 1 in the captains chair, and 1 on the swim deck looking for wake coming in so we can pll out to avoid water touching the door seals.

I pulled the door kick plates and good news, No water!

Ric
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
update, my buddy's 06 f350 diesel 4x4 is now on it's 4th set of repaired heads and is on it's way to the chivvy dealer for a trade
I knew he'd be back... They always come back...

ctkiteboarding
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
here ya go its last year,, :D sorry about the thumb i tried to crop it but??:confused:

Jerseydave
04-18-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll play! Here's last year's rig.................

Jerseydave
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
But I think this year's is a better match...................

coreman
04-18-2007, 08:51 PM
One in front of the old house.

onewheat
04-18-2007, 09:03 PM
njskier - You are in NJ, but got your boat at Hern?

onewheat
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
2003 Silverado 1500HD with the 6.0 :steering:

TMCNo1
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Everybody says it's time we traded up and MYMC has a 35th Anniversary 197 for sale..........................................

Monte
04-18-2007, 09:17 PM
How would the Monte look with a MC straped on?

mrcrowson
04-18-2007, 09:18 PM
2005 4x4 V8 Sport Edition 4Runner

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/Out%20With%20erkoehler/DSCN1234.jpg

Remember this day ERIC? GLASSY WATERS

dmayer84
04-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I'll have to get a pic of the whole rig on Friday, right now I only got one of the truck.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/Silverado/DSC01280.jpg

tuffenuff
04-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Here's my combo.'86 Burb and '88 ProStar. Old School x2.

Sodar
04-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Nothing with the new boat.... hopefully in a few weeks! :D

Sodar
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Here's my combo.Old School x2

COOLEST SUBURBANS EVER!!! I want to find an old S-bomb and restore it!!! Sweet Rig!!

My mom had an 1990 just like that. It was white, lifted 6" and on 35's... Thing was a BEAST!!

tuffenuff
04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanxs for the ego boost Sodar! I had this older tow rig (36's and 4") for the past 20 plus years, but it didn't fit enuff people in it, so I sold it recently and went family friendly. Give me time and the Burb tooo will be in the air!!

Sodar
04-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Everybody says it's time we traded up and MYMC has a 35th Anniversary 197 for sale..........................................

DID ANYONE CATCH THIS!?!?!? :confused:

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanxs for the ego boost Sodar! I had this older tow rig (36's and 4") for the past 20 plus years, but it didn't fit enuff people in it, so I sold it recently and went family friendly. Give me time and the Burb tooo will be in the air!!

Ah, the good old days! We used to beg my dad to take the back route into our lakehouse, because it was a road built through the sand dunes and my brother and I would get in the back seat BEGGING for him to go fast through the woops and get air! HA HA HA

dmayer84
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM

You know I read it and didnt think anything of it. Wonder if that means new boat and Tow Rig?

BriEOD
04-18-2007, 10:01 PM
2005 4x4 V8 Sport Edition 4Runner

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/Out%20With%20erkoehler/DSCN1234.jpg

Remember this day ERIC? GLASSY WATERS
That rig looks familiar.

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
You know I read it and didnt think anything of it. Wonder if that means new boat and Tow Rig?

Probably not, but I still find it amusing to start rumors!! ;)

TMCNo1
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme
Prostar19 has been telling me it was time we traded up for years and he HAD a FULLY loaded 2003 35th Anniversary 197, Serial#17 of 35 for sale. What does that tell you?

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme
Prostar19 has been telling me it was time we traded up for years and he HAD a FULLY loaded 2003 35th Anniversary 197, Serial#17 of 35 for sale. What does that tell you?

Man up Harold! 2003 Chevy Astro Van... White... Lowered.... Pulling a 2003 197... Could be a sweet deal!!!!
http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/8/F/5/brien_van_article.jpg

TMCNo1
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Man up Harold! 2003 Chevy Astro Van... White... Lowered.... Pulling a 2003 197... Could be a sweet deal!!!!
http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/8/F/5/brien_van_article.jpg

Now we are getting somewhere, right?

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Now we are getting somewhere, right?

Only if youy wanna go "there"!!!! Would Lynn have you sleeping in the boat and van if ya pulled the trigger!?!?! :)

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:30 PM

After further scrutiny, I would not want #17... it would have to be #'s 1,5,10,15,20,25,30 or 35.... Deal off!! ;) :rolleyes:

Monte
04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Only if youy wanna go "there"!!!! Would Lynn have you sleeping in the boat and van if ya pulled the trigger!?!?! :)

My guess is.... Lynn has learned to live with it...:o Lynn you are good woman:) Hey.. At least Harold keeps her car clean!;)

Sodar
04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
My guess is.... Lynn has learned to live with it...:o Lynn you are good woman Hey.. At least Harold keeps her car clean!;)

And the yard perfect, and the garage organized and the fence well Armor-Alled!!! :D :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
'04 4x4 6.0L diesel pullin' an '04 350ci gasser.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/Towrig.jpg

TOO-TALL
04-18-2007, 10:38 PM
2003 F-150 4x4/2003 X2.

erkoehler
04-18-2007, 10:42 PM
'04 4x4 6.0L diesel pullin' an '04 350ci gasser.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/Towrig.jpg

i fully expect to see that rig down at cumberland this sept!

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
i fully expect to see that rig down at cumberland this sept!

Only if it (the 6.0L) can stay outta the shop long enough! :(
It should be 1 of these two coming down. We're working the schedule.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/P1030226.jpg

dmayer84
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Hes waitn for the 40th Anniversary Serial #1 :dance::banana::dance:

TMCNo1
04-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Hes waitn for the 40th Anniversary Serial #1 :dance::banana::dance:

:uglyhamme I am waiting for (1) of each, the SN#1 10th Anniversary X-Star and the SN#1 40th Anniversary PS190.

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Probably not, but I still find it amusing to start rumors!! ;)

Sorry if anyone thinks I started a rumor, I just made a statement that contained 2 true facts!

Kinda like this statement, "Mary had a little lamb!"
Did she give birth to the lamb or did she just have one in her possession?
It's all in how one interpets what they read. That may be how rumors get started.

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 06:14 AM

:uglyhamme Naw, I'd be sleeping at a motel cause all my worldly possessions would be in the tow vehicle and boat.
I'm 60 years old and I ain't riding that rollercoaster again. I probably don't have another 18 years to maintain a new boat. I can see it now, the nursing home putting a trailer hitch on the activity bus to tow my boat around with and building a handicapped ramp for me to get in and out of it with.

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 06:25 AM
My guess is.... Lynn has learned to live with it... Lynn you are good woman Hey.. At least Harold keeps her car clean!
At my age, that's the only way I can keep her happy, cause insurance only let's ya have 4 Viagra a month!:D :rolleyes: 8p

sizzler
04-19-2007, 07:15 AM
4.2 turbo-oiler toyota amazon........

Ric
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
2003 Silverado 1500HD with the 6.0 :steering: wheat, seriously, is that not the PERFECT truck?

nice looking rig

Sodar
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
:uglyhamme Naw, I'd be sleeping at a motel cause all my worldly possessions would be in the tow vehicle and boat.
I'm 60 years old and I ain't riding that rollercoaster again. I probably don't have another 18 years to maintain a new boat. I can see it now, the nursing home putting a trailer hitch on the activity bus to tow my boat around with and building a handicapped ramp for me to get in and out of it with.

That is funny right there!! :uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Sodar
04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry if anyone thinks I started a rumor, I just made a statement that contained 2 true facts!

NO NO Harold, I was not accusing you of starting it, I was saying that I started it and get amusement out of starting it! :o Sorry Man!

schmaltzy
04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
'05 -150 and an '04 TT

Ric
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
'05 -150 and an '04 TT nice yard too!

djhuff
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/177/465121805_432796a2f2.jpg?v=0

05 4X4 V10

The colors are really close. and there is a large MC sticker across the back.

djhuff
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
try again.....

jlf
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Here is my tow rig '05 Avalanche but the boat is not our current boat, this is our '05 X10. I guess I don't have a pic with the current set up, but you get the idea the '06 X10 looks exactly the same except the graphic on the boat is different, same colors scheme though. I'll have to get a new pic. this summer.

jlf
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Here's one of the rear of the Av showing the MC love....

Ric
04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
as much as the 1500hd suits my needs, my next truck may be an avalanche if I can get one with a motor/gearing combo that I like

sand2snow22
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM

Ric
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
sand it looks like you parked your boat in front of shrek's place! that rock is almost cartoonish in that pic

Jkelly
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Not a very good picture, but I had to get it in before the Chevys took over. :headbang:

Ric
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I like that color scheme on both kermit!!

Jkelly
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks, it was just luck that it worked out that way.

JKTX21
04-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm either going to have to get a red boat or a green truck... you guys with matching rigs are making me look bad.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/JKTX21/Boat/DSC01604.jpg

Ryan
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I had some vinyl installed on my Excursion to match my new 2007 X-Star. I notice many boats on the freeway and roads but what always stands out is the combination of the tow vehicle and the trailer/boat. I love looking through the parking lot of the marinas to see some awesome rigs.

Anyone else have some pics of their tow vehicles?

We need some pics of that vinyl!!!
I'm a big fan of matching tow vehicle with your boat too.

This is at a nice little lake not too far from my house. 8p

sanjuan23
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm either going to have to get a red boat or a green truck... you guys with matching rigs are making me look bad.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/JKTX21/Boat/DSC01604.jpg

Hey I remember that day! I thought the world had ended or something while I was out

Sodar
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey I remember that day! I thought the world had ended or something while I was out

Fires in Texas?

sanjuan23
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Huge Dust storm last month, I am still cleaning crap around the house :mad:

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
First double post in a long time, what I did, I don't know?

Sodar
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM

YUCK!!

I have a few pictures like that from the fires we had a while back... makes it look quite weird!!

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
NO NO Harold, I was not accusing you of starting it, I was saying that I started it and get amusement out of starting it! :o Sorry Man!
:uglyhamme You didn't do anything! I'z just getting the sediment off the bottom of the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!Sodar, I just realized we just turned this thread into one mell of a hess,:uglyhamme This is funny, but back to the real world!

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Fires in Texas?

I thought someone was burning one out in the barn!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

sand2snow22
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
sand it looks like you parked your boat in front of shrek's place! that rock is almost cartoonish in that pic

Yeah, can't remember if that's a rock or a cliff that was stabilized?

Gozar
04-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Gozar, you should paint the top half of the truck navy blue to match the boat.

I actually have a photochop I did where I matched the back of the truck with the blue scheme in addition to the red 4x4 letters. It looked pretty good.

I got a quote for $1200 to paint it.

The chop is at home. I will post it tonight.

JKTX21
04-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Yeah, that was a fun day. I remember when I got home I was blowing junk out of my sinus for a couple of hours.

floridamastercraft
04-19-2007, 04:56 PM
jlf

looks like you have a nice 3 car garage what size is it??

Ric
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I actually have a photochop I did where I matched the back of the truck with the blue scheme in addition to the red 4x4 letters. It looked pretty good.

I got a quote for $1200 to paint it.

The chop is at home. I will post it tonight. let erk do it in vynil for a buck fitty !

TMCNo1
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
aww what the hell, here is a so-so pic of my rig

Anybody with photoshop skills want to put some 26" wheels/tires on Ric's truck and bote trailer and turn it into a 'Donk Rig"???????????:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ric
04-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Anybody with photoshop skills want to put some 26" wheels/tires on Ric's truck and bote trailer and turn it into a 'Donk Rig"???????????:cool: :cool: :cool: if yer gonna go to the trouble, gimme a gold tooth too!