PDA

View Full Version : Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

lintwurm
01-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Herewith my car and boat. It is a 4.2l V8 petrol VW Touareg with a 2000 XStar (205V). No problems with towing and it has overrun brakes. Has done a 8000 km round trip to Mozambique through soft sands with the boat behind it. In South Africa we have a new stupid law that noone really though about and just passed it. The sticker on your trailer which indicates you GVM is not allowed to be higher than the tare of your tow vehicle even if the trailer is empty it is illegal. So even if the manufacturer says you can tow 7700 pounds because of the tare on the VW you can in fact only tow 5192 pounds (2360kg x 2.2). Thus the problem we face is really that all rigs are illegal except if you tow them with a small truck. Transmission is bullet proof.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Pulling big boats with little SUV's is fine until your trailer brakes fail.

scott023
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
The Touareg handles a X-star with ease and I am sure I could do a x25 or x45 too. X-80 would be too big for my comfort level.

Touareg also handles 7700 lbs vs the 6600 for the Q7 due to the longer body and the sun-frame design.

Both trucks have a great 6 or 7 sp transmission with the 1-4 gears close together for nice stump pulling power. 5-7 are longer for good fuel economy.

On our Touareg on a steep and slippery ramp I even used 4 low and locked the centre and rear differential for true traction. Did it with no issues at all.

Most of you Ford or Chevy pickup guys (generalization) should open your eyes and see the facts of the German SUVs. They are better engineered, better built, just as heavy and can tow just as nice and do it all in style. (compared to a 1/2 pickup)

That is purely opinion. Any of us that have any knowledge of the auto industry know that german vehicles are more expensive to maintain then domestic vehicles, and they spend a decent portion of their lifetime in the shop (see Audi, Porsche and Mercedes). As for the styling, that is obviously a matter of taste from buyer to buyer.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
That is purely opinion. Any of us that have any knowledge of the auto industry know that german vehicles are more expensive to maintain then domestic vehicles, and they spend a decent portion of their lifetime in the shop (see Audi, Porsche and Mercedes). As for the styling, that is obviously a matter of taste from buyer to buyer.

Good point Scott. I must have missed that post.

lintwurm
01-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Scott the difference is that no lefthand drive cars or trucks are allowed to be imported into SA. By the time the big trucks have been converted to righthand drive and the import duty of 40% paid it is just cheaper than the German SUV's. Cars are very expensive here. BTW I own two fords and the vw and they do a very good job at towing the boat except for the one ford which is a 1951 F1 with the original flathead which is a bit under powered :)

Double D
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM

AGREE 100%. I never had brakes on my trailer and my S-Series blazer got pushed all over the place with my 205. :shocked::shocked:

JTNG
01-25-2011, 10:09 AM
LOVE my AMERICAN mad FORD!! 8mpg uphill or downhill. Pulls the X14v just fine. Had and H-3 in 2006 with a 2006 X2 and it pulled OK worried a little about warping the brakes. Have a 2007 H2 and prefer the ford over the Hummer for pulling.

CottagerGreg
01-25-2011, 10:41 AM

Thats a BOLD statement.....

Touareg, Q7 and Cayenne will out brake any 1/2 ton or 3/4 truck domestic truck...

Have you seen the brakes? Sounds like you have nooooo idea...

Touareg 60mph to 0 in 120'
http://www.insideline.com/volkswagen/touareg-2/2008/full-test-2008-volkswagen-touareg-2-v8.html

Ford F-150 60mph to 0 165.3'
Chevy 1500 60mph to 0 153.5'
Dodge 1500 60mph to 0 158.8
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0902_2009_half_ton_truck_comparison/specs_and_data.html

So explain how putting a boat behind the domestic pickup is going to help these stats?

scott023
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Touareg, Q7 and Cayenne will out brake any 1/2 ton or 3/4 truck domestic truck...

http://www.insideline.com/volkswagen/touareg-2/2008/full-test-2008-volkswagen-touareg-2-v8.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/112_0902_2009_half_ton_truck_comparison/specs_and_data.html

So explain how putting a boat behind the domestic pickup is going to help these stats?

You're kidding, right? Put a 5K trailer on the lot of them and then show us results. Both the VW and the Porsche are built to be high performance SUV's, so they have brakes to perform at speed. BIG difference when they are pulling a load that weighs more than the vehicle.

scott023
01-25-2011, 10:54 AM

It won't help the domestics, but I guarantee it hinders the imports.

CottagerGreg
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
You're kidding, right? Put a 5K trailer on the lot of them and then show us results. Both the VW and the Porsche are built to be high performance SUV's, so they have brakes to perform at speed. BIG difference when they are pulling a load that weighs more than the vehicle.

Braking power is a measure of disc size, size of calipers and clamping force... you lost me here... physics....

scott023
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Braking power is a measure of disc size, size of calipers and clamping force... you lost me here... physics....

Of course it's physics... are you saying you think that the brake performance on your VW is the same when trailering your boat? Again, the brakes on the VW and Porsche were put on them to help stop from high speeds quickly, not while trailering a 5K load. Features like intergrated brake assist have been built into some of the domestics to help improve the brake performance. I can't find the article I read recently, but the performance of the Chev and Ford truck brakes were nearly unchanged when trailering 5K from not trailering.

My point is, when trailering loads, brake performance is less than normal. I believe that the amount of brake performance loss would be enough on the VW and Porsche to negate the 40' average that the VW had without trailering.

TayMC197
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Of course it's physics... are you saying you think that the brake performance on your VW is the same when trailering your boat? Again, the brakes on the VW and Porsche were put on them to help stop from high speeds quickly, not while trailering a 5K load. Features like intergrated brake assist have been built into some of the domestics to help improve the brake performance. I can't find the article I read recently, but the performance of the Chev and Ford truck brakes were nearly unchanged when trailering 5K from not trailering.

My point is, when trailering loads, brake performance is less than normal. I believe that the amount of brake performance loss would be enough on the VW and Porsche to negate the 40' average that the VW had without trailering.

I can tell you right now the performance of breaks isn't the same. You take away trailer breaks and that VW or any Med Sized SUV will get shoved... It will stop it but I wouldn't think it would hold up in an emergency situation. If it doesn't I doubt the breaks would be good for a second chance. I don't have breaks on my 2500 and it does fine... but I wouldn't do the same on a half ton, my old Z71 1500 didn't stop near as well with not trailer breaks.

Forrest-X45
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
I think the point Scott is trying to make is the brake design on the German performance SUV's is designed for high performance driving (around a race track/street performance) versus big American SUV brakes are designed to bring heavy trailers to a stop. The brakes are large on the German SUV's but the pad material is much different than what you will find on a heavy SUV. When I shop for brake pads for my BMW they are much different material than what I see for my heavy duty truck. I just don't believe the German SUV pads are designed and won't work as well if they have to stop a heavy boat versus the American SUV brake pads.

I am also old school and just don't see the reason to buy a SUV/truck and then tow a boat or trailer at or over in some cases of it's maximum trailer capacity. It doesn't make safety sense to me or for long term durability of the rig. I will probably always buy more tow rig than I need just in case the day comes that I need a long wheel base with extra towing capacity rig. Actually the day has already come and I am glad I had lots more tow rig than I needed and was able to bring the truck and MC back safely on the freeway after swerving off the freeway (sloped shoulder down into a ditch with loose dirt and debris) without loosing control of the boat, the loooong wheel base truck was able to easily control the sway of the boat. Those smaller SUV's just cause me to worry if you ever have to make that type of emergency move.

Sodar
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM

I can tell you right now the performance of breaks isn't the same. You take away trailer breaks and that VW or any Med Sized SUV will get shoved... It will stop it but I wouldn't think it would hold up in an emergency situation. If it doesn't I doubt the breaks would be good for a second chance. I don't have breaks on my 2500 and it does fine... but I wouldn't do the same on a half ton, my old Z71 1500 didn't stop near as well with not trailer breaks.

This argument is pretty irrational!

In ANY towing situation, when your equipment fails, poop hits the fan.

Whether it is a Chevy Dually pulling a 15,000# 5'er or a Tahoe pulling an X-25, without trailer brakes, stopping is not going to be as quick as if it was unloaded.

Basically, what I am getting at is if I have a 2500HD and tow a 5th Wheel that is at the brink of the truck's towing capacity, would I be getting the flack that you are giving this poor guy?

Wait here, I need to go pick-up my new Sport Chassis to tow my 197...

http://www.trailershopper.com/files/18269.jpg

scott023
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Wait here, I need to go pick-up my new Sport Chassis to tow my 197...

http://www.trailershopper.com/files/18269.jpg

that's what I'm talking about.

Forrest-X45
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Basically, what I am getting at is if I have a 2500HD and tow a 5th Wheel that is at the brink of the truck's towing capacity, would I be getting the flack that you are giving this poor guy?

Most likely....I see it all the time with guys on the HD diesel and RV forums. Guys get all kinds of crap for towing big 5'er toy haulers with 3/4 tons. You can tow it just fine but what happens if you need to stop suddenly or swerve to miss something in the road? How is that short bed 3/4 gonna handle that 15,000+ pound 5'er? Same with a short wheel base SUV's towing at over their maximum towing capacity.......

Just my two cents......

Forrest-X45
01-25-2011, 12:35 PM
that's what I'm talking about.

Word..brother!

I had my eye on a built up Chevy Kodiak for a while. Boy would that have been overkill tow rig. :D :D

Sodar
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Word..brother!

I had my eye on a built up Chevy Kodiak for a while. Boy would that have been overkill tow rig. :D :D

The suspensions on the Kodiaks SUCK!

The FL's air ride is sooooooo much better.

sand2snow22
01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Word..brother!

Was it at Destination Motorsports?

Justjoe
01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
So a couple years ago, my brother in law was working around his house with some heavyish equipment. His place sits high on a hill. The driveway is treacherous steep, end of a culdasack, the street it dumps onto is a moderate but significant hill that runs about 50 yards before coming to a t in the road.

He just finished up with a little bulldozing on the little john deer that my dad's had for decades. He goes to load it on the machinery trailer hitched to the back of my dad's truck (an old Chevy 2wd). The truck is pointed down the driveway (100 yd sled run).

He picks up The blade to clear the ramps on the trailer, somewhat obscuring his view. Set the tracks up so that they would match the ramps, and moves it up onto the back. As the weight transitions onto the ramps, it begins to place an upward pressure on the hitch. he doesn't see the back of the truck begin to lift.

As the bulldozer climbs to the top of the ramps the weight of the machine continues to raise the rear of the truck until it reaches the point that the bulldozer rolls forward onto the back of the trailer (well behind the trailer axles). Typically, this transition (from ramp to trailer) makes a crap load of noise. It is, after all, basically smashing down onto the front of the bulldozer treads.... Heck, can you imagine the leverage that thing puts on the trailer hitch?

The back of the truck lifted clear from the ground (which in a flat environment is no big deal). This time it kinda became a big deal.

Not considering the outcome, he had parked the truck facing down the driveway, down the hill, by just putting it in "park". Parking brake? Nope.

The bulldozer was now solidly placed on the rear or the trailer. The trailer is tilted aggressively upward (because, remember, the weight is not yet to the axles. The truck is pointed downhill, and the tires that were locked by the transmission lift smoothly off the driveway. He can't see much (remember the blade is up), but he could feel it start to move. He steps down on the clutch because movement is scary and the gut reaction is to STOP whatever you're doing that is causing this change (but it's too late).

The bulldozer stops on the back of the trailer, but it's the only tying that stops. The whole rig takes off down the hill. Truck tilted down, back lifted up. Trailer tilted up, bulldozer on the back. Ramps lifted slightly as they screech and spark dragging down the hill....

My brother in law still sitting on the top of all of this, in the back...way up high, where now he can see where things are going. Again, sled ride.

He figures it probably got up to thirty before the truck jackknifed and things stopped rolling. I'm betting it was closer to ten or fifteen, but I'm sure it felt like a hundred. They say that god looks out for children and idiots. He's no child....nobody got hurt. The truck got a little hosed though.

Forrest-X45
01-25-2011, 01:05 PM
The suspensions on the Kodiaks SUCK!

The FL's air ride is sooooooo much better.

Was it at Destination Motorsports?

The Kodiak I was looking at had the air ride suspension.

The Kodiak was up here in Lynnwood, WA last spring and was previously owned and buit up by Randy from Randy's Ring and Pinion. It had the air ride suspension, built twin turbo Duramax with EFI Live tune, So Cal heads and pistons, and Suncoast stage 4 Allison. Basically it would pull a building down or go over the pass pulling 30K pounds at 60+ mph according to Randy. It was an amazing truck and he had over $140K in it with reciepts. Only asking $60K for it....I should have picked it up.

ColdTurkey
01-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Everyone saying that you'd be in trouble if the brakes on the trailer failed is 100% correct. No matter whether you are driving an Audi, F250 or full on truck, with any electric hydraulic setup you're stuffed.

The only way you'd be ok would be if the brakes were in a normally closed position like air operated brakes run on trucks. At least that way if you sprung a leak or something failed all you brakes would lock up. If you've ever seen a massive set of skid marks from a truck on the road leading off to the side of the highway, you've seen the evidence of this happening. Usually it's because the airline between the trailer and truck wasn't connected properly and pops off during travel.

Anyway, I make sure I check my trailer before every tow and when I did my big tow (1800 K's) I stopped every couple of hours to inspect everything. I even run the batteries on a trickle charger while she's parked. Yesterday when I pulled her out of the shed I noticed the brakes weren't 100% while I was inspecting it and there was some corrosion on the positive terminal of one of the two batteries it carries. Clean the corrosion, check the charge, all good.

And a LOT burger isn't a lot burger unless it has every ingredient known to man. ;)

bcampbe7
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
So a couple years ago, my brother in law was working around his house with some heavyish equipment. His place sits high on a hill. The driveway is treacherous steep, end of a culdasack, the street it dumps onto is a moderate but significant hill that runs about 50 yards before coming to a t in the road.

He just finished up with a little bulldozing on the little john deer that my dad's had for decades. He goes to load it on the machinery trailer hitched to the back of my dad's truck (an old Chevy 2wd). The truck is pointed down the driveway (100 yd sled run).

He picks up The blade to clear the ramps on the trailer, somewhat obscuring his view. Set the tracks up so that they would match the ramps, and moves it up onto the back. As the weight transitions onto the ramps, it begins to place an upward pressure on the hitch. he doesn't see the back of the truck begin to lift.

As the bulldozer climbs to the top of the ramps the weight of the machine continues to raise the rear of the truck until it reaches the point that the bulldozer rolls forward onto the back of the trailer (well behind the trailer axles). Typically, this transition (from ramp to trailer) makes a crap load of noise. It is, after all, basically smashing down onto the front of the bulldozer treads.... Heck, can you imagine the leverage that thing puts on the trailer hitch?

The back of the truck lifted clear from the ground (which in a flat environment is no big deal). This time it kinda became a big deal.

Not considering the outcome, he had parked the truck facing down the driveway, down the hill, by just putting it in "park". Parking brake? Nope.

The bulldozer was now solidly placed on the rear or the trailer. The trailer is tilted aggressively upward (because, remember, the weight is not yet to the axles. The truck is pointed downhill, and the tires that were locked by the transmission lift smoothly off the driveway. He can't see much (remember the blade is up), but he could feel it start to move. He steps down on the clutch because movement is scary and the gut reaction is to STOP whatever you're doing that is causing this change (but it's too late).

The bulldozer stops on the back of the trailer, but it's the only tying that stops. The whole rig takes off down the hill. Truck tilted down, back lifted up. Trailer tilted up, bulldozer on the back. Ramps lifted slightly as they screech and spark dragging down the hill....

My brother in law still sitting on the top of all of this, in the back...way up high, where now he can see where things are going. Again, sled ride.

He figures it probably got up to thirty before the truck jackknifed and things stopped rolling. I'm betting it was closer to ten or fifteen, but I'm sure it felt like a hundred. They say that god looks out for children and idiots. He's no child....nobody got hurt. The truck got a little hosed though.

Wait.... you have a sister? :D

Justjoe
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Two. And an ol stinky dog.

CottagerGreg
01-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I think the point Scott is trying to make is the brake design on the German performance SUV's is designed for high performance driving (around a race track/street performance)

If a Touareg, Cayenne, Q7 is driven like this you'd be paying for full brakes ($1,500.00 for brembo pad, brembo rotors, labour) every 20k miles and tires ($1,000.00)

I've seen this too many times when I worked at a local VW dealer during my school days.

With proper driving you can get 35-40k on a set of brakes and tires. I can prove this easily.

There are many owners with pickup trucks and they put on oversized tires and rims that far exceed the OEM tire circumference... this contributes to longer braking distances and poor handling.

The point I am trying to make is that every vehicle has its respective towing capacity, every truck has its target market (people in a big city are not going to driving a f-350 long box, quad cab into the downtown underground garage as it won't fit due to length and height issues)

City lifestyle is also difference that rural, priorities are different with transportation tastes/likes, but everyone likes to get out for some boating on the weekend to kick back and relax.

Most towing is done in a safe manner and I am sure most take the time for safety checks because they care about the safety of their family, vehicle and care for their boats

The audience on here needs to be more receptive to other trucks other than the "big 3" and be open to opinions/suggestions of others.

brucemac
01-25-2011, 10:31 PM
joe knows good guac!

scott023
01-25-2011, 10:43 PM
If a Touareg, Cayenne, Q7 is driven like this you'd be paying for full brakes ($1,500.00 for brembo pad, brembo rotors, labour) every 20k miles and tires ($1,000.00)

I've seen this too many times when I worked at a local VW dealer during my school days.

With proper driving you can get 35-40k on a set of brakes and tires. I can prove this easily.

There are many owners with pickup trucks and they put on oversized tires and rims that far exceed the OEM tire circumference... this contributes to longer braking distances and poor handling.

The point I am trying to make is that every vehicle has its respective towing capacity, every truck has its target market (people in a big city are not going to driving a f-350 long box, quad cab into the downtown underground garage as it won't fit due to length and height issues)

City lifestyle is also difference that rural, priorities are different with transportation tastes/likes, but everyone likes to get out for some boating on the weekend to kick back and relax.

Most towing is done in a safe manner and I am sure most take the time for safety checks because they care about the safety of their family, vehicle and care for their boats

The audience on here needs to be more receptive to other trucks other than the "big 3" and be open to opinions/suggestions of others.

Just to be clear, I love some of the imports. May have a slight bias against them. 8p That being said, like you said, every truck has it's targeted audience and buyers. I really think that those who want to tow 5K trailers WERE NOT the buyers that VW was targeting.

lintwurm
01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
My Touareg has 146000km on the clock of which a 1/4 was towing. The active air suspension keeps everything in check and as far as the brakes are concerned, well I forgot to take out the lockout pin after I reversed it into the garage. Went away for the weekend and did not even know that the brakes on the trailer was locked out. On that trip I even had to do a quick stop. On the same trip I was also put onto a weigh bridge and the readings were as follows. Front axle 2992 lbs Rear axle 3608 lbs and the trailer axle (single) 4576 lbs. Totla combined weight 11176 lbs. The boat that I am pulling is a 2000 XStar. We do not have the big fords or chev's in our country and the toyota's cant pull the weight's that the vw audie or porsche does.

rjracin240
01-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Got to do this event in S. Fl a couple of years back and had a great time. Drove everything from the Cobalt to a ZO6 Corvette and from the 4 wheel steer Silverado to a Hummer. Imagine that they will have quite a few of the GM trucks and competitors trucks there for comparison. Not the usual clueless car dealership car salesmen there but people that have knowledge of the products that can answer tedchnical questions. Lots of handouts and info available. The courses that they have are pretty open so you can get some good speed, got pretty deep into 2nd gear on the Corvette so imagine I was doing at least 70MPH.

Here is the link, they have quite a few locations through out the US they are doing it at!

http://www.mainstreetinmotion.com/FAQ.aspx

Forrest-X45
01-26-2011, 02:03 PM

I am very open to other makes and I feel the majority, not all, but most on here are as well. My point was not to say the German SUV's are not good tow rigs, they are great tow rigs and I am a big fan of BMW's and Porsches, already own a BMW and looking to purchase a BMW X5 for the wife in the future. But I am not going to go throw the 45 on the back of the X5 and tow it to the lake.
The point I was trying to make is I like have extra towing capacity with my tow rigs. I don't understand or have concerns with folks that tow at or above their rig's towing capacity, especially above with any make of car or truck. I am not saying they will have problems towing or their rig can't do it but where I have concerns is when you need to make an emergency maneuver, Not Stopping in a straight line, but swerving into the next lane or shoulder at 60+ MPH. Those smaller wheel base SUV's that are towing above the limit are going to have a tough if not impossible ablilty to keep everything going straight. It doesn't hurt to have extra capacity but it might if you don't.......

pmkkdx
01-26-2011, 03:28 PM
... I am not saying they will have problems towing or their rig can't do it but where I have concerns is when you need to make an emergency maneuver, Not Stopping in a straight line, but swerving into the next lane or shoulder at 60+ MPH. Those smaller wheel base SUV's that are towing above the limit are going to have a tough if not impossible ablilty to keep everything going straight. It doesn't hurt to have extra capacity but it might if you don't.......

back to the old dog & tail theory I mentioned earlier ... not slamming any make, model or brand ... ;)

Forrest-X45
01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
back to the old dog & tail theory I mentioned earlier ... not slamming any make, model or brand ... ;)

Exactly - you and I have both mentioned it. It makes a lot of sense and I don't think some understand the theory. I am not calling anyone out here but just a general observation when talking with other boat and RV haulers at boat ramps and RV campgrounds. I have been in two situations where the tail wagged the dog and one of them we ended up in the ditch with a crumbled truck and tailer, I was not driving but I will never forget the feeling of no control while being pushed and throw side to side - we were in a short wheel base large SUV. The other in a very long wheel base 1 ton truck and I didn't have any control issues, but there was a better driver in the second situation and we were not where near the towing capacity of the truck. :)
To this day I still flash back to that day and play the what if's and it scares the crap outta me becasue my wife and kids were in the truck with me.

ColdTurkey
01-26-2011, 04:10 PM

As I said. If that theory was true you wouldn't see fully loaded 4 trailer long semi trailers over here. You also wouldn't see trucks moving huge mining equipment or other obscenely heavy loads. Your car will swerve with a heavy load on the back if it's incorrectly dispersed on the trailer and the ball weight is wrong (usually when the load is too far back on the axles and there is neutral or negative ball pressure)

There are many commercial vehicles that tow loads greater than their own weight. I'll bet you'd find that the tow rating for most large private vehicles is way higher than what they are actually sold as for the simple reason that local laws govern what size loads you can tow with a private vehicle and non commercial drivers license. They regulate it very strictly here, probably to stop people who don't know what they're doing from towing massive loads incorrectly.

To prove a point, an F250 over here has a tow capacity of 3500 Kgs,... so does the Audi. Now I know the F250 is rated higher than that in the States and can handle a lot more, but local laws here prevent the F truck from towing more. You can increase the F truck towing capacity by taking it to an engineer and getting it replated as a light goods carying vehicle.. Again that is a commercial vehicle.

Also the F truck its self takes much longer to pull up than an Audi or other performance SUV. If there were a point that the brakes on the trailer did fail and I had to pull her up I would actually prefer to be in the Audi. Provided the road were straight and I had enough room (which I always try to leave myself) You can use the Audi brakes to pull the load up dead straight. I know this because I've tried it. I wanted to know what it felt like to have the boat push me in case it happened in a real situation and I had to deal with it. I found a long stretch of road, got up to 80K's and turned the brakes off on the trailer. I was surprised myself how quickly the Audi actually did pull up,... Still wouldn't like to rely on it alone. Also for safety sake I try to tow it empty,.. empty fuel, gear in the car etc, and even at 120K's towing the X80 the Audi still doesn't wag.

I'm not saying that massive problems can't quickly arise from towing a much larger weight than the tow vehicle. I'm just saying that your theory is flawed.

PS, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY :toast::friday:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2011, 04:35 PM

CantRepeat
01-26-2011, 04:39 PM

From what I remember, those blokes really love to drink and fight.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2011, 04:45 PM
From what I remember, those blokes really love to drink and fight.

Not sure if you have that in the right order.:rolleyes:

CantRepeat
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Not sure if you have that in the right order.:rolleyes:

Well for the 8 days that we had R&R in Cairns all we did was drink and fight and then drink some more. I was taking a leak in the john and some dude walks up next to take a leak. 10 seconds later two more Aussy Army guys walk and just beating the living crap out of this guy. Finally broke it up and 5 minutes later all three of them were drinking off the same pitcher of beer.

The other thing about it, they never talk or danced with any of the girls that came in the bar. Many American GI was happy.

ColdTurkey
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Cairns is a good place to spend 8 days drinking. I only live an hour from there. You've got to love those hot sunny days sitting out in the beer garden watching all the "birds" walk by in their summer clothing.

jeffbare
01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Another one from down under.

Jeff Lyman
01-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Not a good day summer of 2010 in upsate NY. The trailer tire blew, I was able to use the Caddy jack and stuff to replace it. Made it to camp before dark to rip up the course.

Tow vehcile 2007 Escalade ESV. with custom paint color, 405 HP if it was not a all wheel drive it would smoke the tires towing the boat. Just sold the 24's going with 22's. While the ride was not a problem I didnt like driving over rocks into our camp need some side wall! Best tow vehicle I ever owned. Back around 1996 I used a custom dually Suburban 454 to tow a 42 foot Excallibur offshore boat that weighed 12k. Towing my Prostar is e.....asy!http://IMG_5940

Jeff Lyman
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
http://C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\IMG_5940.JPG

Jeff Lyman
01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Ok even my son cannot figure out how to post a pic here, any ideas? Its asking for a HTTP\.

ShawnB
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't click the picture icon, click the paperclip [attachments] one instead. This will pop up a window that lets you upload from your computer.

Jeff Lyman
01-28-2011, 04:06 PM
http://C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\IMG_5940.JPG

Jeff Lyman
01-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Did it above but that seems to be for interenet links. I assume the paper clip your talking about is the the left of the insert image yellow box correct? Or is it the size of the photo (large)or how I am copying the picture thru Explorer.

Thanks for trying to help Shawn.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-28-2011, 04:25 PM
1. Click Paperclip icon
2. Click Browse button
3. Locate the picture in your computer and click on it
4. Click Upload button ( to the right of the Browse button)
5. Once picture is uploaded (it will take a moment or two) it will show as Current Attachment
6. Click Close Window button
7. After you have entered text, use Preview Post button to make sure you selected the proper picture.

Jeff Lyman
01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
I was using quick reply and there is no paper clip there. Thanks for the help.

Double D
01-29-2011, 10:24 AM

Finally!! :D Very nice!!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Success! Got a pic of the Chris Craft?

Plave
01-29-2011, 10:41 AM

I wish. :D

I used to get 8k out of a set of tyres for my Cayenne and a replacement set was £1200 ($1500 ish)

Jeff Lyman
01-29-2011, 12:04 PM
The boat has only been out of the water for servise twice. Once for a motor rebuild in the 90's and I did again 3 years ago for a new propeler shaft and bearings. Best part our MC trailer fits great. We plan on takeing to some shows. Never been restored all origonal, except seat covers. This pic was taken in the N.Y. Adirondack mountians Fall 08 waiting to come out of the water, the rear flag was not in.

Was my ski boat to as a child, max speed about 34. Enough power to pull 6 to 8 at once I've seen it. We have pictures of my dad being pulled over a ski jump by the boat in the 60's. Now that's history, dad may be gone but his toys will live forever!

HWHanke
01-29-2011, 01:28 PM
2000 PS 195
this pic was taken the first day we brought the boat up to the cottage, I borrowed the Hummer from my wife's boss to buy and transport the boat back from where we purchased down in Pennsylvania

jdeml
02-12-2011, 10:57 AM

07 avalanche and 04 xstar

milkmania
02-13-2011, 04:37 AM
We got a thread didicated to our boats and garages, let's start one on our Tow Vehicles...

Seems like I saw a Hummer® in here once around the garage thread.

here's mine: 1993 K-2500 Suburban
nothing fancy, HD 3/4 ton, 350, 4L80E, 4.11 positrac
http://home.alltel.net/bhammon/K-2500.jpg

it could pull an elephant's teeth out through it's butt!!!!

the reason it's not fancy??? = it's paid for:steering:

got a later model K-1500 Suburban for the family rig.

when we go to the lake, it's a toss up for which one pulls the 30' travel trailer

01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
cool! this thread is 6 years old, and still alive :headbang:

Eric2010MCX2
02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I will have a picture of the new truck and boat together on Saturday.. pick her up Friday night from the dealer and am driving straight to pick up the boat from its garage near the lake...... for hte fiberglass shop to fix the platform....

Eric2010MCX2
02-19-2011, 05:43 PM
See below.. picked it up last night.

cf_koch
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Great looking rig Eric

willowtreexx
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
is that the 2500 HD Denali?

CottagerGreg
02-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Looks sweet! Sat in one at the autoshow

Viktimize
02-19-2011, 09:29 PM

That is exactly what I am looking at getting myself. But the Dodge is quite a bit cheaper, and it doesn't use Urea. So it looks like I have a bit of a dillema on my hands.

Eric2010MCX2
02-19-2011, 10:48 PM

No it's an SLT but it's loaded out like a Denali. Couldnt get the dark grey in a Denali .

The dodges get horrible gas mileage. I was getting 15 city and 18 hwy towing today during a 30 mile trip

Eric2010MCX2
02-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments.. We love it!!!

Nutter281
02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Not the best shot, as you can't see the front of the truck, but thought I'd kick one in

Austin

Viktimize
02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
No it's an SLT but it's loaded out like a Denali. Couldnt get the dark grey in a Denali .

The dodges get horrible gas mileage. I was getting 15 city and 18 hwy towing today during a 30 mile trip

So do you have power pedals and ventilated/heated seats?? Those are the main Denali option that I am concerned with getting. So if I can get those in the SLT, that is probably what I will go with and save some money.

Eric2010MCX2
02-20-2011, 12:21 AM
So do you have power pedals and ventilated/heated seats?? Those are the main Denali option that I am concerned with getting. So if I can get those in the SLT, that is probably what I will go with and save some money.

Yes on power pedals. No on venilated seats. They are heated though. Personally I don't like perforated leather.

Eric2010MCX2
02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Good luckin rig. Love the navy on the truck matchin the boat.

Sullivan
02-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Eric,
Its a nice truck and I have read great things about it. No doubt it will be a great truck for a long time.

But I won't ever be buying another GM or Dodge/Chrysler Product again. I won't support a company that takes a bailout from the US tax payers and then turns around and builds a new 500 million dollar production plant in another country before paying the US tax payer back. Both GM and Chrysler/Dodge are doing this.

Viktimize
02-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes on power pedals. No on venilated seats. They are heated though. Personally I don't like perforated leather.

Damn!! Ventilated seats is the one thing I really need to have if I'm buying a new truck. Can't stand my back sweating non stop through the summer.

cdstukey
02-20-2011, 02:37 AM

Damn Eric, nice truck. Thats the exact setup I was trying to get, right down to the paint and standard mirrors. Was working three dealers but couldn't get any of them down as low as I thought they should be. Finally got to the point where they told me to pound sand. Oh well, I guess a new truck isn't in my future anytime soon. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Eric2010MCX2
02-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Damn Eric, nice truck. Thats the exact setup I was trying to get, right down to the paint and standard mirrors. Was working three dealers but couldn't get any of them down as low as I thought they should be. Finally got to the point where they told me to pound sand. Oh well, I guess a new truck isn't in my future anytime soon. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Sent you a pm... Gimme a hollar.

RaeRay
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
2008 Toyota Tundra, 12" Bulletproof Suspension, 3" Body Lift, 20" BMF Wheels Wrapped in
40" Toyo MT's RBP RX-II Grille, Amp Research Steps, and Airride Assist.

"Old Boat" 2008 X45 6L.
"New Boat" 2011 X55 Pics coming soon!

Covi
02-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Eric- one of the nicest rigs i've ever seen. Must pull like a raped ape? What I would do for a truck like yours.

Eric2010MCX2
02-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Eric- one of the nicest rigs i've ever seen. Must pull like a raped ape? What I would do for a truck like yours.

Thanks! All I can say is living frugally and waiting till I could get what I want for the price I wanted... Fortunate to be blessed with a great job also, as is my wife.

And yea... It yanks the X2 around like a rag doll.

Cmpdman
02-22-2011, 12:33 AM
GMC Yukon xl 3/4 6.2. 4x4 2011
Chevy 3/4 ton 2008 duramax

Truck does great, Yukon is ok.
Pulls X45, X55

sizzler
02-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Damn!! Ventilated seats is the one thing I really need to have if I'm buying a new truck. Can't stand my back sweating non stop through the summer.

dont have that problem over here:D

cf_koch
02-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Great looking Tundra RaeRay. I would love to set mine up like that but would have to make major alterations to my garage to get inside.

RaeRay
02-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Great looking Tundra RaeRay. I would love to set mine up like that but would have to make major alterations to my garage to get inside.

Thank you! I hear ya on the garage, I'm looking to change my gearing out to 4.88's and install a supercharger this summer. Check out Gulfcoasttundras.com it's just a web-site similar to this, but a much smaller scale. Also what year is your truck? I have an RBP RX-I Grille for sale :) haha

cf_koch
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
My Tundra is a 2008 Limited with the Platnum package. Since I have only had the truck for a few months, I have not yet decide what I will do to customize it. I think I may start with bull bars or possibly leave it stock and use the money to add a tower and other toys to the boat.

Desert eagle
02-25-2011, 07:31 PM
This isn't our everyday tow rig but when we go on vacation this is how we roll. American Eagle '99 pulling our X25 2011

Sullivan
02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
This isn't our everyday tow rig but when we go on vacation this is how we roll. American Eagle '99 pulling our X25 2011

I could get used to something like that. Very nice setup.

scott023
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM

Wow. I haven't seen those trailer rims before.

fstaslp
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I just got this tonight to tow the '99 230VRS

http://pictures.dealer.com/d/donhindsford/0226/08bb530a0a0a000200ebe108afe2ca6c.jpg

rjracin240
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM

http://pictures.dealer.com/d/donhindsford/0226/08bb530a0a0a000200ebe108afe2ca6c.jpg

Congrats nice ride, should tow the boat no problem

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM

That should do the job just fine.

fstaslp
02-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I sure hope so. If it doesn't then I think I have other issues.

sand2snow22
02-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Nice rig! Good advertising for Don, too...

fstaslp
02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
They deserve it lol. They were a great dealership to work with. If you are near indy, give them a try.

RaeRay
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
2008 Toyota Tundra, 2011 X55

Shooter McKevin
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
What engine did you get in your X55? LSA???

Shooter McKevin
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Just saw your post on the other thread. Ilmore 6.2. Nice boat!!

Shooter McKevin
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
_____

gts-20
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
2008 Toyota Tundra, 2011 X55

That Tundra is sick! And the X55 isn't too shabby either. lol. Is that house on Conroe? I think I have seen it from the water. Amazing property!

setidball
03-03-2011, 12:12 AM
98 Grand Cherokee, 95 PS190
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=2729

Dino Don
03-03-2011, 07:46 AM
The boat has only been out of the water for servise twice. Once for a motor rebuild in the 90's and I did again 3 years ago for a new propeler shaft and bearings. Best part our MC trailer fits great. We plan on takeing to some shows. Never been restored all origonal, except seat covers. This pic was taken in the N.Y. Adirondack mountians Fall 08 waiting to come out of the water, the rear flag was not in.

Was my ski boat to as a child, max speed about 34. Enough power to pull 6 to 8 at once I've seen it. We have pictures of my dad being pulled over a ski jump by the boat in the 60's. Now that's history, dad may be gone but his toys will live forever!

There is no substitute for wonderful memories!! We could all remember that it is our legacy that lives on--good or less than good!

Those wooden boats are neat!

setidball
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
That is a sweet machine!!

RaeRay
03-03-2011, 12:20 PM
That Tundra is sick! And the X55 isn't too shabby either. lol. Is that house on Conroe? I think I have seen it from the water. Amazing property!

Yup, on the south side and thank u

'78 Starz & Stripes
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM
RaeRay, Choice looking setup. Madd props!

RaeRay
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

AussieMC
03-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Thought I would Show off my new tow vehicle

2RLAKE
03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
that is awesome looking

MariStar-Man
03-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I saw this one and thought it would be fun to run over some smaller vehicles...lol

Anyone here have a F650...

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto_shows/coverage/sema/9469273+w750+st0/112_2006_sema_299x+2007_ford_f650_by_DeBerti_Desig ns+side_view.jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/596877/ford_f650_08.jpg

hbomb
03-09-2011, 05:49 PM
saw an F650 at Lake Mead last year....... apart from the monster truck that it is..... the thing was towing an 8 wheel trailer with what looked like the space shuttle on it!
damn they are a big rig

onejdgreen
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
My "new" rig to pull the 02 PS197 TT. Should get the job done...

onejdgreen
03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I saw this one and thought it would be fun to run over some smaller vehicles...lol

Anyone here have a F650...

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto_shows/coverage/sema/9469273+w750+st0/112_2006_sema_299x+2007_ford_f650_by_DeBerti_Desig ns+side_view.jpg

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/596877/ford_f650_08.jpg

Kind of reminds me of this pic I got a while back....

thatsmrmastercraft
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
My "new" rig to pull the 02 PS197 TT. Should get the job done...

Nice looking truck. What engine?

muskingumriverdocks
03-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Just kidding, worked on the boat noticed how it looked like it was hitched up. Used this to torment my wife she doesn't like it when I pull houseboats out with it.

Duane D
03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm thinking about getting one of these to tow my X2!!

Duane D
03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Forgot the picture!

CantRepeat
03-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense...

http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/ford_f650_08.jpg

thatsmrmastercraft
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense...

http://www.mikesell.net/images/boat/ford_f650_08.jpg

6 inches of ground clearance makes this guy 2 1/2 feet tall. Good old trick photography. :D

MariStar-Man
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Chevy-Mastercraft Truck...

http://image.truckinweb.com/f/8117660+w750+st0/0707tr_01+chevy_mastercraft_truck+medium.jpg

gts-20
03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
'11 Tundra Crew Max, taken today, picking up the boat from Texas Ski Ranch after service, and heading to lake Austin.

MC240
03-12-2011, 10:29 PM
2004 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab with 1991 Maristar 240

Eric2010MCX2
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
excuse the blurry Iphone pics, but you get the idea.

Double D
03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
excuse the blurry Iphone pics, but you get the idea.

Sweet color combination!! Looks like the Gray matches perfect!

TX.X-30 fan
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
'11 Tundra Crew Max, taken today, picking up the boat from Texas Ski Ranch after service, and heading to lake Austin.

How was the water?? Nice rig&boat

onejdgreen
03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Nice looking truck. What engine?

6.0L PowerStroke, with extras....

thatsmrmastercraft
03-13-2011, 09:24 PM
6.0L PowerStroke, with extras....

Very nice. Bet that pulls the boat just fine. :cool:

onejdgreen
03-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Very nice. Bet that pulls the boat just fine. :cool:

Still a little chilly up north, haven't hooked the 197 up to it yet, but the "old" 7.3 PowerStroke diesel did one hell of a job pulling it, so this one should do alreight too...

ncsone
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM

Great to see another Tundra Rock Warrior on this thread. I have a 2010 in white. Great truck!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Still a little chilly up north, haven't hooked the 197 up to it yet, but the "old" 7.3 PowerStroke diesel did one hell of a job pulling it, so this one should do alreight too...

I'm north of you, but a heat wave is on its way. Supposed to be 50 here tomorrow. :banana::woohoo::dance:

gatorguy
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Here is an example of my dream vehicle. Built like a truck, 6.0 diesle, 4x4, 16.5" ground clearance, tows 10k lbs, and still room on the inside to haul people, and all their stuff.

GT500 MC
03-15-2011, 11:40 AM
That's the way to travel right there. "Car-camping" at its best. For anyone with an MC with that turnbuoy orange/black combo, that van would be a must.

Thrall
03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Those 4x4 diesel camping vans are sweet, but they are godawful expensive!
If I wanted a camper and towing ability I'd definately go with a 1 ton p/u and a slide in and use the rest of the money to buy a boat!

ctjahn
03-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm north of you, but a heat wave is on its way. Supposed to be 50 here tomorrow. :banana::woohoo::dance:

Definately warm this past weekend in south eastern wisconsin...I was outside in a tee and jeans...

Forrest-X45
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
If I wanted a camper and towing ability I'd definately go with a 1 ton p/u and a slide in and use the rest of the money to buy a boat!

Agreed.....the pickup and slide in camper works great for us. Just enough RV so the wife is happy without the huge expense of a diesel motorhome. Plus our camper has alot more room than the van conversions with the added benefit of easy launching during your stay, no unhooking your RV to retrieve the boat.

gatorguy
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM

I actually wouldn't get one of the campers. I would just get the van with 3 bench seats. With my 5 kids that would still give me room for the kids to bring friends and still have cargo room in the back.

Shooter McKevin
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Agreed.....the pickup and slide in camper works great for us. Just enough RV so the wife is happy without the huge expense of a diesel motorhome. Plus our camper has alot more room than the van conversions with the added benefit of easy launching during your stay, no unhooking your RV to retrieve the boat.

Is your rig photo in here somewhere?

03geetee
03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
The other tow rig when our Xterra is doing other things...

Truck 86 Destroyer of Snow 08 F250 SuperDuty XLT she keeps food on the table and JTR out of trouble...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/MasterCraftinterior005.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/MasterCraftinterior010.jpg

JTR

RaeRay
03-18-2011, 09:00 AM

Nice set up! We love Lake Austin, We were looking at property there for some time, but it is really pricey. How did Travis look? I imagine water level should be great....... Heading there Memorial. When will you be on Conroe next?

Mgboyd25
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
2004 Dodge Dakota & 2004 X7

CardenFam
03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Last years set up, 04 Denali XL, 2002 x7. Waiting to take pics of this years.

Cmpdman
03-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Last years set up, 04 Denali XL, 2002 x7. Waiting to take pics of this years.

That is an awesome picture! Needs to be framed & put on a fireplace!

CardenFam
03-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks, got rid of both of them, but we are coming back strong this year. 07 Yukon and 06 X2.

Double D
03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
2004 Dodge Dakota & 2004 X7

Mgboyd25, Is this picture from today? Got the X7 out and ready to use?

GoneBoatN
03-19-2011, 04:11 PM
2005 Expedition, 2010 X-15

Mgboyd25
03-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Mgboyd25, Is this picture from today? Got the X7 out and ready to use?

Haha yeah that picture is from today. I just ran it out to get the trailer weighed for plates then over to BHM for Chris to look her over
My buddies skied this week out on portage lakes but Ive been too busy at work to get out. Wont be on the lake till after Tax season

ucwaterski
03-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Air 62 degrees
Water 58 degrees

Good time to go Skiing.

2010 197tt
1999 Ford Expedition

mccobmd
03-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Here is the 2010 Armada and 06 X1, first day out this year. Armada still has dirt from the snow skiing road trip.

Kell
03-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Here is our 08 Ford F-250, PowerStroke, Crew Cab, Long Box & 09 X-2

ProStar190 Downunder
03-21-2011, 04:25 AM
2005 Holden Crewman SSZ, 5.7lt Chev V8, 1993 Prostar 190

scott023
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM

That's a darn nice boat...

Double D
03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Air 62 degrees
Water 58 degrees

Good time to go Skiing.

2010 197tt
1999 Ford Expedition

One of my favorite boats right there...

Sullivan
03-21-2011, 01:31 PM

What a nice setup! Man am I jealous, love the all white boat and love the new Superduty.

kwilkinson
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Here is mine... Just got it on Sat. :) 1st MC 04 Chevy SS, 06 X-15. More pics to come...

Sullivan
03-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Holden, that probably has the 5.7 in it too or does it have the LT1? Nice looking 190 too.

I just sold my Malibu to a guy in Oz. Why do so many people want Malibu's in Oz? I got lots of calls from Australia. Are Mastercrafts just as poplular down under?

Huskie05
03-21-2011, 07:43 PM

Nice looking rig, sweet from down under!

Can you please go flush the toilet and take a picture, I want to see if the water really does go the other direction! Please, just the water going down.

ProStar190 Downunder
03-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry, boat is a 285hp Indmar, car has the 5.7. Tows beautifully. Malibu's are massively popular down here, I think they have a better distributor setup, with some of the boats being manufactured here. Their popularity was one of the main reasons I started looking at, and eventually purchasing, the Mastercraft - wanted to stand out from the crowd a bit. There's definately a few more Mastercrafts starting to get around now though.

gocougs
03-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Where are you in this picture? Need some Northwest lake/river ideas for our 2010 x-15

Huskie05
03-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Came Home tonight, 2011 X55 and 08 Power Stroke.

Sullivan
03-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Awesome setup! Love those Fords too.

G-Star
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=65318

Holy moly! Look at the size of that boat! :D

Great setup. Looks awesome.

03geetee
03-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Sick!

JTR

Cmpdman
03-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Looks awesome !!!

Daughters' dance recital, iPad, mastercraft team talk & boat pics!

GoneBoatN
03-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Life doesn't get much finer than that! OK. maybe a beer after taking her out for the day.

Huskie05
03-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Looks awesome !!!

Daughters' dance recital, iPad, mastercraft team talk & boat pics!

Smart man, act like you are watching... :)

03geetee
03-26-2011, 06:29 PM

Yeah dont forget to look up and put your finger on your face and act like your thinking.

JTR

Cmpdman
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM

I like watching my daughters (14,4) dance their dances. It's the other 90 dances... Yes I said nintey dances. It's a day long competition. Every now & then I need an MC break. :)

03 35th Anniversary
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Bought a new tow vehicle rig last Thursday...

kskonn
03-26-2011, 07:34 PM
finally took a pic of the setup- I just bought the F250(used). I am able to leave it hooked up to my boat about 2 miles from the boat ramp, I pull up, park my daily driver and jump in the truck and go. it is very convienent.

fstaslp
03-26-2011, 07:37 PM
finally took a pic of the setup- I just bought the F250(used). I am able to leave it hooked up to my boat about 2 miles from the boat ramp, I pull up, park my daily driver and jump in the truck and go. it is very convienent.

Now that is the definition of a true tow vehicle.

Sullivan
03-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Bought a new tow vehicle rig last Thursday...

Oh, Your killing me here! My wife is the only thing stopping me from going and getting a new Ford 6.7. Nice trucks!

kskonn
03-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh, Your killing me here! My wife is the only thing stopping me from going and getting a new Ford 6.7. Nice trucks!

the new 6.7 is off the charts! my buddy has one and that truck is unbelievable, it tows like a champ but flys down the road like a jet.

Barefooter92
03-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Husky

that has to be the best tow rig on the site and this coming from a third gen chevy man and prostar no rack guy.

Looks great, enjoy.

03 35th Anniversary
03-26-2011, 09:39 PM

I'm loving it so far. I only have about 250 miles on it and the mileage ticker keeps going up!

Plus all the Nav and other options are cool to!

Huskie05
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Husky

that has to be the best tow rig on the site and this coming from a third gen chevy man and prostar no rack guy.

Looks great, enjoy.

Thanks buddy, we love it. Truck is basically going from SLC to Powell, Powell back home.

03 35th Anniversary
03-26-2011, 09:48 PM
the new 6.7 is off the charts! my buddy has one and that truck is unbelievable, it tows like a champ but flys down the road like a jet.

It runs like a champ! I have only had it for a couple of days so I don't know how it pulls.

bbymgr
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM

WOW!!!! Incredible setup. I'm jealous.

WakePowell
03-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Here are a few updated photo's of our 2011 Ford F-250.

03 35th Anniversary
03-27-2011, 10:10 AM

How many miles have you put on your truck so far?

WakePowell
03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
It just turned 4,000 miles.

03 35th Anniversary
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
It just turned 4,000 miles.

What is your mileage up to?

I have got the 3.73 rear end and mine still hasn't leveled out on the mileage cause I only have about 250 miles on it.

WakePowell
03-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I've taken it on one trip from Texas to Montana and back. That's predominately the only miles I've put on it. On the way up I got 16.4 MPG. On the way back I had horrendous head winds and only got 14.2 MPG. I did notice a drop in mileage north of Denver where they only sold winter blend diesel.

03 35th Anniversary
03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I've taken it on one trip from Texas to Montana and back. That's predominately the only miles I've put on it. On the way up I got 16.4 MPG. On the way back I had horrendous head winds and only got 14.2 MPG. I did notice a drop in mileage north of Denver where they only sold winter blend diesel.

Do you see a mileage difference in running the B-20?

Sullivan
03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
:headbang:Here are a few updated photo's of our 2011 Ford F-250.

That must be with the 4" Rancho Lift. That is awesome!

WakePowell
03-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Do you see a mileage difference in running the B-20?

What's B-20?

One modification I recommend is installing the Lockpic device if you have the navigation unit in your truck. This device allows you to access all menus and functions while you drive.

03 35th Anniversary
03-27-2011, 10:44 PM
What's B-20?

One modification I recommend is installing the Lockpic device if you have the navigation unit in your truck. This device allows you to access all menus and functions while you drive.

B-20 is Bio Diesel.

I seen the Lockpic setup for the truck. How hard is the install?

I looked on their website for dealers/install shops and couldn't find anything.

It looks like you gotta take your dask completely apart.

WakePowell
03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
The Lockpic was easy to install. The removal of the dash bezel and radio is simple. It's nice to have an extra set of hands to support the radio while you unplug the wiring harness and plug it back in with the device in place. I think I kept pictures of my install.

03 35th Anniversary
03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
The Lockpic was easy to install. The removal of the dash bezel and radio is simple. It's nice to have an extra set of hands to support the radio while you unplug the wiring harness and plug it back in with the device in place. I think I kept pictures of my install.

Please post up the pics!!!

Does your dash look like this with the console? Or no console?

WakePowell
03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Same dash. Let me find the pictures and I'll send them to you.

Sodar
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Now that is cool! Take notes everyone on how a rig should be matched!

Johnny apparently did not take the class....

03 35th Anniversary
03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Now that is cool! Take notes everyone on how a rig should be matched!

Johnny apparently did not take the class....

I did take it........I just didn't pay attention.....

trickskier
03-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Where can you get this device?

Sodar
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Bend over....

http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm

ShawnB
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM

Hey cool, your X45 is the same color scheme as our 2011 X25. Nice looking setup!

trickskier
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Bend over....

http://www.coastaletech.com/AMAZING_GM_LOCKPICKS.htm

Gee Thanks!!! 8p

SkiDog
03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Gee Thanks!!! 8p

Try Amazon.com. I bought a pile of electronic stuff from them.

03 35th Anniversary
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Try Amazon.com. I bought a pile of electronic stuff from them.

I'm in an Amazon.com warehouse right now! If that was on the shelf I would have already found it! :D

TNPIG
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
2007 Chevy Tahoe and 1984 S&S

TOO-TALL
03-28-2011, 09:38 PM

SICK!!!!!....

SPSinclair 190
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/c.hoveland/20110402?locked=true#5591142534405745058

TN X-45
04-02-2011, 09:17 PM
SICK!!!!!....

Looking forward to next year when I can get the Burban to match the X-45! :)

thatsmrmastercraft
04-03-2011, 12:15 AM
2007 Chevy Tahoe and 1984 S&S

Great looking combination. :cool:

JRW160
04-03-2011, 07:06 PM
2006 Titan 2003 X2
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_2NwQmeba8iI/TZj8Dwhzu8I/AAAAAAAAFvk/8eADCQiIX5Q/s800/IMG_20110403_120030.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_2NwQmeba8iI/TZj8B3oVfxI/AAAAAAAAFvg/jgTb_Kxzl4c/s800/IMG_20110403_120048.jpg

CottagerGreg
04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
nice colour combo on your x-2

Cmpdman
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
2006 Titan 2003 X2
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_2NwQmeba8iI/TZj8Dwhzu8I/AAAAAAAAFvk/8eADCQiIX5Q/s800/IMG_20110403_120030.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_2NwQmeba8iI/TZj8B3oVfxI/AAAAAAAAFvg/jgTb_Kxzl4c/s800/IMG_20110403_120048.jpg

Looks sweet!

X-1Texas
04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
2000 Grand Cherokee and 2007 X-1. Boat stays hooked up to the Jeep all time. Hardly ever drive the Jeep besides towing the boat.

Just got the X-1 at the end of January and sold the our 89 Supra. We're very excited about the new boat, looks like we won't have much chance to use it with 20 mph winds in the forecast for the next two weeks.

X-1Texas
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
2000 Grand Cherokee and 2007 X-1. Boat stays hooked up to the Jeep all time. Hardly ever drive the Jeep besides towing the boat.

Just got the X-1 at the end of January and sold the our 89 Supra. We're very excited about the new boat, looks like we won't have much chance to use it with 20 mph winds in the forecast for the next two weeks.

Cobra Rob
04-03-2011, 11:34 PM

I think it's funny you guys complaining about that. I am going to be lucky if I can take mine out of winter storage in the next 2 months. lol

I really want to move back to Texas.. Wish finding a job out of state was easier.

X-1Texas
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry about that. I know what you talking about, I grew up in Michigan. We picked up the X-1 the weekend before our big ice/snow storm and I didn't have to go to work for 4 days, but I couldn't even go out and mess around with the new boat because of the weather. So I'm just anxious to get out and use the boat.

paus21
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
04 Envoy & 04 Prostar 205V

itstone55
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
2011 X-15 and 2007 Dodge 2500 HD Cummins

ttu
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
2011 X-15 and 2007 Dodge 2500 HD Cummins

hey wildcat, where are you at in kansas?

itstone55
04-05-2011, 11:30 AM
hey wildcat, where are you at in kansas?

I'm just outside of Wichita, in Maize. You a Tech fan? I work with a TTU grad and another good buddy of mine is as well.

ttu
04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm just outside of Wichita, in Maize. You a Tech fan? I work with a TTU grad and another good buddy of mine is as well.

i know where maize is. i was born in hutchinson. nothing like cheney lake!:rolleyes: my cousin lives in hutch still has a mc 190. graduated from tech but bleed orange and black. haha.

rjracin240
04-05-2011, 11:35 AM

Welcome to Team Talk, nice looking rigs.

mrprostar
04-05-2011, 03:35 PM

How does that Envoy do pulling the boat? I've been hesitating with my trailblazer because I've heard of a few transmission failures on these while towing.

paus21
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
How does that Envoy do pulling the boat? I've been hesitating with my trailblazer because I've heard of a few transmission failures on these while towing.

It does alright. The boat stays at the lake all summer long and stored in the winter about 30 minutes away so I don't a lot of towing with it. Works pretty good for my short distance/occasional tow though.

samgreazy
04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
96 F-350, Banks turbo kit, air intake, with intercooler. 2002 X-Star just got her out of storage. Trucks a little dirty but the boat looks pretty good!! crappy cell-phone pic but you get it.

Barefoot57
04-06-2011, 05:23 PM
2005 Tahoe and 2002 Prostar 190 Tournament Team

Barefooter92
04-06-2011, 10:53 PM

My wife's '03 Bravada does just fine with our PS205. It should it has a damn 4.10 rear end. I would not be afraid to pull that thing all day long.

BAREFOOT57: Nice rig! How do you like the PS190 for footin? Standard tranny or slot?

Barefoot57
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
EXCELLENT setup for barefooting! It is an LQ9 coupled to a powerslot. On a long line deep, I am out of the hole and on my feet at 42 MPH real quick!

DooSPX
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
you foot from the tower Barefoot57? What tower is that?

Barefoot57
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
you foot from the tower Barefoot57? What tower is that?

I do foot from the tower. It is an XTP; which is now New Dimension.

DooSPX
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I do foot from the tower. It is an XTP; which is now New Dimension.

I knew it was not a ND tower... did you buy the boat with the tower or did you add it? either way, fine looking TT you have there... its pretty rare to see a 190 anymore....

Barefoot57
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I knew it was not a ND tower... did you buy the boat with the tower or did you add it? either way, fine looking TT you have there... its pretty rare to see a 190 anymore....

I did buy the boat with the tower with the plan to take it off, sell it, and use the proceeds to have the holes filled. However, selling a tower isn't so easy; especially for what I need to have in order to get the holes fixed. Therefore, the tower is going to stay for awhile.

I am glad to have a 190! Born and raised!

DooSPX
04-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I agree with you... Beautiful boat... Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.

RWB_XSTAR
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
It's got a lot of torque.... :headbang:

scott023
04-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Too bad the bumper cover is on the pavement.... :D

Forrest-X45
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Hook her up and see what she will do. :D :D Sweet looking Viper!!!

Viktimize
04-08-2011, 09:01 PM

There's my next car right there. Just sold my Chrysler 300c SRT-8 S/C to 540hp, last year. :( Miss having a car already, and the snow is barely melted yet.

Jeff Lyman
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Just gave a customer a price to repair his 2008 Viper after the snow brought down the roof of the storage barn on to it.... sad it had to happen to a car like that.

Is there a hitch on it that black one? Nice car !

RWB_XSTAR
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Ouch! That is a bad day. I want a hood off an '08 :)

Just gave a customer a price to repair his 2008 Viper after the snow brought down the roof of the storage barn on to it.... sad it had to happen to a car like that.

Is there a hitch on it that black one? Nice car !

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
2006 F-150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4
1989 MC TS 190 SE

wheeler
04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/Mrkwhlr2/IMG_0528.jpg

wheeler
04-12-2011, 07:57 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/Mrkwhlr2/IMG_0527.jpg

03geetee
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/Mrkwhlr2/IMG_0527.jpg

*****in!

JTR

fstaslp
04-12-2011, 08:05 AM
wheeler, are those pictures at cumberland?

Cmpdman
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Love the red! Great setup.

LaRue
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Gorgeous shots!. BTW...no spare?

brucemac
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
great lookin setup wheeler

wheeler
04-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Gorgeous shots!. BTW...no spare?

Spare is in the bed of Avalanche....(doesn't match)....

wheeler
04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
great lookin setup wheeler

thanks....waiting on new bimini that will tuck right under the speakers, then she should be finished.

wheeler
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
*****in!

JTR

I can only imagine what ***** means :-)

Sullivan
04-12-2011, 11:55 AM
thanks....waiting on new bimini that will tuck right under the speakers, then she should be finished.

Oh man, that bimini you have is perfect. It will actually do what its supposed to do. I'm not a fan of the biminis that are way up in the air.

Great looking set up though. Love the red!

scott023
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Beauty set up Wheeler.

Kevin@MWMC
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Awesome setup Wheeler, love the red!

Question, where are you getting your new bimini from? I have the same year boat and tower and really want a bimini that I won't hit my head on everytime I stand up!

Also, did you do the tint on the boat or the previous owner? I'm shopping around right now for prices on tinting my boat, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

wheeler
04-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Awesome setup Wheeler, love the red!

Question, where are you getting your new bimini from? I have the same year boat and tower and really want a bimini that I won't hit my head on everytime I stand up!

Also, did you do the tint on the boat or the previous owner? I'm shopping around right now for prices on tinting my boat, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

biminitowers.com

fortunately, the windows were tinted when I purchsed the boat a few years ago.

Covi
04-12-2011, 02:59 PM
03GT, Nice as nice gets!

SpryBeast
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
My tint was $175 on my X-30 for comparison sake. The first place I checked wanted $350.

03geetee
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I think there is some confusion I didnt post any pictures??????

I did a few pages back but not recently!

LOL

JTR

thatsmrmastercraft
04-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I think there is some confusion I didnt post any pictures??????

I did a few pages back but not recently!

LOL

JTR

Just goes to show how timeless a Stars & Stripes can be.

The best thing about your boat is it will never be parked next to mine.:D

Definitely an outstanding job.

03geetee
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Just goes to show how timeless a Stars & Stripes can be.

The best thing about your boat is it will never be parked next to mine.:D

Definitely an outstanding job.

Did you rig up those sick new rims on your trailer yet Peter? Your trailer would make mine look like it was left in a field for a few decades.

JTR

schmaltzy
04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Last Summer

brucemac
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
biminitowers.com

i think maybe you mean towerbiminis.com? if so, you'll be happy. they're nice. ours has been great. much better than the stock (at least for my year).

Sullivan
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Last Summer

Awesome boat!

wheeler
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
i think maybe you mean towerbiminis.com? if so, you'll be happy. they're nice. ours has been great. much better than the stock (at least for my year).

Yes, sorry. Spoke to them this morning, I have to take a few more measurements. They are making it higher and larger to create more shade. It will need it being up so high....

Barefooter92
04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Last Summer

Bling Bling. Sweet Rig. Dont supose the MC has the caddy motor too???:cool::cool:

Skipa
04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
My rig is not as bad*ss as some of the others, but only tow once a year to a lake 3 hours away, and maybe to get serviced 2.5 hours away.

2011 Acura MDX
2011 X-14V (my version of S&S)