PDA

View Full Version : LTR heater hookup help

kskib046
04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I need some help hooking up a heater line to a LTR. The place where I would like to put it has a gas line in the way. When I put a allen in the plug it even touches the line.

LTR / Heater owners, where does your heater line hookup?

kskib046
04-17-2007, 07:46 PM
another shot

airwear
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Sorry I have no pictures as my boat is still in storage for another few weeks. I have the LTR with the factory installed heater. The heater hose hooks up to the engine, not at the front, but on the passenger side. My shower hose hooks up near the bottom of the engine on the passenger side (opposite the knock sensor, which is on the driver side). The heater hose connects higher up on the engine.

I hope this vague explanation helps. If you still have questions in a few weeks, send me a PM and I will take a picture of the engine.

kskib046
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
talking about this one? will i notice any performance gain/loss between the different spots.

etakk7
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I have the same boat as you with the factory heater. I would think the DD LTR that the other poster has would be different as the engine is upside down, correct? Anyway, the outlet TO the heater is on the starboard side, midpoint of the engine, which I think is where your third picture is pointing. The inlet FROM the heater is in the back of the motor, port side. I'll confirm that your picture above is accurate tonight.

etakk7
04-18-2007, 03:34 PM
do you have any better pictures of the PP servo connections on your motor BTW?

airwear
04-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Kskib046,

Your last picture is right, that's where my heater hose comes out. Don't know if there is any advantage or disadvantage of this location.

kskib046
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
there is a open plug on both sides of the engine, and one on top. does anyone know if one of them is better than the others?

etakk7
04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
just checked. my heater comes out of the same place as picture #3. Also, I would recommend adding in the "Y" pipe right away, which entails the return heater line flowing into the raw water hose.

agua4fun
05-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I hate to dig this old thread up - but am installing a heater on the same engine. (2001 PS190 LTR)
I am trying to figure out how to remove the plug shown on picture #4 above. It's a suare type socket similar to a hex head cap screw - I need a tool similar to an allen wrench but square - It's too small for a 3/8" ratchet extension and too large for a 1/4" Does anybody know where to get the appropriate tool? and what size it actually is. The guys at autozone & napa just laughed and said there is no square type plug on GM engines. Is this a indmar only thing?

I am attaching another picture of the plug in question that i am connecting up to get hot water for the heater.

Thanks,
Dave

kskib046
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
measure the square, go to a hardware store and get a piece of square stock steel. use an adjustable wrench on that.

Dylan
05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Might want to check if a ratchet drive fits in there, I've seen that before. Good luck!

Table Rocker
05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I am guessing a 3/8" extension would fit it there weren't paint in the way. Try tapping it in gently. If that doesn't work, buy a Chinese extension and grind down the sides until it fits.

agua4fun
05-05-2011, 05:11 PM
yeah i tried the 3/8" with a little pressure - but it was still too tight. I tried to get the calipers in there to measure but i couldnt - looks like .3ish
I'll give the barstock a try - and if i cant find a good size - the chinese extension ground down tonight when i get home.
Thanks!