PDA

View Full Version : Trinity...Make a Wish

T Scott
04-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I was reading the General Prayer request thread and came across the link about Trinity Bright, a young girl stricken with an awful form of brain cancer. Reading her mom's journal really tugged at my heartstrings. One of the recent entries was about Make a Wish Foundation being unable to grant her wish of a trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas to swim with the dolphins as she is unable to travel internationally since she is under the age of 10.
Is there anything that we as a Mastercraft family can do for this little girl? I for one would be happy to buy her and her family tickets to Disney World or one of the other theme parks here in Orlando. One of her wishes was to swim with the dolphins. Sea World has a park called Discovery Cove where you can swim with the dolphins. Is anybody else willing to help out? Maybe we can get enough support to help this little girl and her family have a great time in her remaining days.

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=trinitybright

It only takes a spark to get a fire going.......

sanjuan23
04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Count me in with a donation to help get her to swim with the dolphins. Kudos to you sir for stepping up to the plate!

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
T Scott,

Where do I send the check? Pheobe Cates said she's in for $50 ;)

Steve

Jkelly
04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Count me in

BlackwaterMC
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
count me in let us know where to send the money

Jesus_Freak
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm in financially. Thank you.

cmack
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
WE are in also!

Thanks T Scott for the idea!

cmack
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Since I work with Trinity's aunt, I will ask her to help us out with the logistics.

MYMC
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
You can count MasterCraft of Charlotte in.

milkmania
04-18-2007, 10:15 AM
You can count MasterCraft of Charlotte in.

mike,

you don't have any kids, do you?

also, keep us updated where to send donations....
paypal would work for me

sanjuan23
04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Chris I was going to suggest to TScott that he drop you a line since you had the closest connection to the situation.

T Scott
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Chris I was going to suggest to TScott that he drop you a line since you had the closest connection to the situation.

Sanjuan,
I just sent Chris a PM asking him to check with Trinity's parents to find out if they would be up for a trip. Once we get the green light, and the parents are comfortable moving forward, I'll set up a Paypal acct for this initiative.

THANKS TO EVERYONE SO FAR THAT HAS INDICATED THEIR WILLINGNES TO HELP. MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW SOON....

Tom

cmack
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Ok I just talked to Trinity's aunt.
They already have a family trip planned to Disney, week of 05/18.
I asked if they would like to go somewhere else or could use money for expenses.
Here is the problem with the trip to Disney. All of her family is planning to make it. However many can't afford the trip.
Would it be ok to collect money for the entire family to be able to go and afford the trip?
We could present Trinity's parents the funds and let them use it however they see fit. -- IE Some for the trip and some for medical Expenses?
Thoughts/Ideas?

sanjuan23
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Just as long as the money helps that little girl to be as comfortable and as happy as possible given the circumstances.

milkmania
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I asked if they would like to go somewhere else or could use money for expenses.
Here is the problem with the trip to Disney. All of her family is planning to make it. However many can't afford the trip.
Would it be ok to collect money for the entire family to be able to go and afford the trip?
We could present Trinity's parents the funds and let them use it however they see fit. -- IE Some for the trip and some for medical Expenses?
Thoughts/Ideas?

read: all I'm waiting on is paypal:)

Maristar210
04-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Thoughts/Ideas?

If the money helps the situation in any way I'm in. Wherever it is used will be the right place.

Paypal? check? Superhero fly by?

Talk to me Goose !!

MYMC
04-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Thoughts/Ideas?
I'm all for letting the family decide what to do (i.e. more family able to attend or used to offset cost).

MYMC
04-18-2007, 01:35 PM
mike,

you don't have any kids, do you?

also, keep us updated where to send donations....
paypal would work for me
Yes sir, my son turns 12 April 27th.

milkmania
04-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes sir, my son turns 12 April 27th.

that's cool

was just thinking you'd make a purty good dad:)

MYMC
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
that's cool

was just thinking you'd make a purty good dad:)
Wow, that is best compliment I could ever receive...thank you.:D

Jkelly
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I am still in. I will try to keep up with this thread but if I fall behind drop me a PM and I will help out the best I can.

cmack
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
ok great !

Jesus_Freak
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Any news on this?

cmack
04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm just waiting to hear from TScott for the paypal acct

T Scott
04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Please see thread titled "Paypal for Trinity" to make a donation.

Tom