PDA

View Full Version : Helly Hansen Drysuit Repair

pram
04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here had replaced the cuffs themselves on their drysuit? My wifes uncle gave me a HH Drysuit on the weekend but all of the cuffs need to be replaced on it. Is it hard to do yourself or is it something that you have to send away to get done?

I don't even know if I can get replacement cuffs for the suit as it is probably over 10 years old.

Any thoughts gentleman (and ladies of course) about this?

pilot02
04-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I replaced all of the seals on my baggy suit.. Big thing is to make sure you get the right seals and they you cut the old seals off leaving the portion that is glued on. Use an inflated balloon to hold the new seal in position and glue it in place with aquaseal. Not difficult at all.

DanC
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Last time I replaced the latex seals on my baggy dry suit, the seals didn't cost much less than sending it out. But I like to do things myself and I have another suit to do. They sell clamps for the neck seal (I made my own out of plywood) and supports for the wrists and ankles (I made my own out of plastic cups). The balloon idea of Pilot's is excellent :worthy: , I wish I had heard of that before. There are plenty of dry suit repair places on the web and plenty with DIU instructions. OS Systems is a pretty reputable, long standing company. Try OSSystems.com if you want some DIU info. It's pretty easy to do and pretty forgiving. If you screw it up, carefully peel it off and try again.

JohnnyB
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I've only got a couple minutes right now so I don't have time to search. However, search on "drysuit seals"...if memory serves me right, there's a couple of good informational threads on how to do it yourself and where to get the stuff from.