PDA

View Full Version : Official Grump of the month poll-April 2007

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
OK peeps. The order came from high above. This is a direct order from a moderator. I have been instructed to conduct a poll to decide who the grump of the month is. so here we go. I decide the options, the rules are the same. no biching! I decide the options, you pick amoung them. And there are reasons certain members arent included in the poll as to not make tmepers flare if there has been some previous issues online. use your noodle for more than a place for rogain to grow hair, this is NOT designed to create bad vibes and conflicts, it is for FUN! so play nice! If I catch anyone screwing up my threads with fights or gum chewing, I will have Brieod lay the smack down on your candy arse, and dont think he cant do it either!

Remember peeps, I put you into this poll pal, and I can dayum well take you out of it. 8p ;)

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I guess I better start using my B.S. Degree in Grumpinization Technologies I earned in prison before Johnny Cash helped me get out!:D :rolleyes: :cool: You wanna fight about it!

Monte
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I guess I better start using my B.S. Degree in Grumpinization Technologies I earned in prison before Johnny Cash helped me get out!:D :rolleyes: :cool:

Are you telling us that you were cellmates with David Allen Coe???????8p

04-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Vote Peeps, Vote!!!

trickskier
04-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess I better start using my B.S. Degree in Grumpinization Technologies I earned in prison before Johnny Cash helped me get out!:D :rolleyes: :cool: You wanna fight about it!
I knew you had a few skeletons in the closet................LOL................:D

Leroy
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Where is the All choice? :) ;)

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I knew you had a few skeletons in the closet................LOL................:D

You ain't seed nuthin' yet there young feller!:D

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
"This thread is so gey"

"Shut Up"

"No You shut Up"

"your gey"

"No, you are"

Ric
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
for the first time in my life, I voted for ------ me

SNOOTYSKIER
04-17-2007, 01:17 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, after that, I know who I am voting for.

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Where's the Ric's a transvestite / UMP's an idiot option?

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Are you telling us that you were cellmates with David Allen Coe???????

Yea and I'z drunk the day my mom got outta prison, ya wanna fight about it!:D :rolleyes: 8p
I got homemade prison tattos applied using the red from spagetti sauce and blueberrie pie they served every Wednesday night right after excercise hour.:cool:

trickskier
Hey UMP you misspelled CARBURETOR................:rolleyes:

Sodar

Snooty.... I voted for you!

Monte
04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Yea and I'z drunk the day my mom got outta prison, ya wanna fight about it!:D :rolleyes: 8p

Only if you went to pick her up in the raaaiiiin8p

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 01:23 PM
It was easier for him to spell it that way than to spell EFI!

Ric
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
ump where is the option that steveistar contributed company funds to the governor lady's campaign?

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
ump where is the option that steveistar contributed company funds to the governor lady's campaign?

Dem's fighting werds dere Tex:D

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:31 PM

See why we need an UMPs an idiot option?

Ric the transvestite gets it.

Kiddin around...........

04-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Where's the Ric's a transvestite / UMP's an idiot option?
Hey now! I thought I told you to be nice!:mad:

:D 8p well, one of them is up there.

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey now! I thought I told you to be nice!:mad:

:D 8p well, one of them is up there.

This should be fun.

BTW- It's starting to scare the he!! out of me that you guys are using my photo's as your avatar's?:o

You know that "AAAAH" in the mirror look and you say to yourself "oh it's me"

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
And another thing.....

I've got no votes so far?

Huh..... we'll I'll be changing that:D

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Where is grumpy Toober Tom..he is our leader in the poll.
Are you in the Grump Throne Room sittin on a dry toob?

SNOOTYSKIER
04-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Why is everyone voting for me? I dont understand this......

Harvey
04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Are you telling us that you were cellmates with David Allen Coe???????8p

David Allen Coe was in prison but didn't see Johnny Cash in prison. The man you are thinking of would have been Merle Haggard who saw JC 3 times while incarcerated in San Quentin. Incidently, JC was never in prison. I am probably the largest Johnny Cash fan under the age of 30.

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Where is grumpy Toober Tom..he is our leader in the poll.
Are you in the Grump Throne Room sittin on a dry toob?

Geez, I'm all messed up! Duh!! Think I'll change my hair color to match.;) Poor SnootySkier...are you in a pissy mood?

04-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Geez, I'm all messed up! Duh!! Think I'll change my hair color to match.;) I was beginning to wonder...... but I didnt say anything.....I didnt want any more votes!;)

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm a little slow today...had to put on the biotch face for my two rotten classes this morning. They ah bad to da bone!

trickskier
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
It was easier for him to spell it that way than to spell EFI!
Just think how hard Naturally Aspirated would have been...............:uglyhamme

Toober Tom
04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Does the one with the most votes get voted off the island?

Ric
04-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Geez, I'm all messed up! Duh!! Think I'll change my hair color to match.;) Poor SnootySkier...are you in a pissy mood? haaaaahahahahhahaha she said pissy

pram
04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=Maristar210]And another thing.....

I've got no votes so far?

Huh..... we'll I'll be changing that:D[/QUOTE

I helped you out with the vote count just so that you could get on the board:D :D

Monte
04-17-2007, 03:28 PM
David Allen Coe was in prison but didn't see Johnny Cash in prison. The man you are thinking of would have been Merle Haggard who saw JC 3 times while incarcerated in San Quentin. Incidently, JC was never in prison. I am probably the largest Johnny Cash fan under the age of 30.

Johnny Cash helped DAC get out of prison.. Long before before rodriguez stole that goat;)

04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
No talking about goats on my thread Monte! save that for the Fred the boat mechanic thread!:D

04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
haaaaahahahahhahaha she said pissy
Settle down Beavis!!!!!:cool:

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Wow, but you don't get it!
When I was in prison, Johnny Cash looked up to me as a idol, I was his inspiration, like lubricants to Bigmac, setscrews to Ric, polished crankshafts to Rexdog1, signs to Maristar210, X-ray vision to UMP, retards to rodltg2, rubber cement to Toober Tom, hankerchiefs to Snottyskier, truckdrivers to trickskier, breastseses to skidog, bad drivers to Monte72 and the list goes on and on. Don't get me started, cause I now drive that Cadillac that is a '49, '51, '50, '52, '53,..................... that he gave me, got it????????????????:D

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
haaaaahahahahhahaha she said pissy
Do I need to edit that???;)

Monte
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
No talking about goats on my thread Monte!!:D

Not even the one rodriguez stole?????????8p

04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Do I need to edit that???;)
Only if you fear "the man". ;)

But I think your a rebel.

Harvey
04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow, but you don't get it!
When I was in prison, Johnny Cash looked up to me as a idol, I was his inspiration, like lubricants to Bigmac, setscrews to Ric, polished crankshafts to Rexdog1, signs to Maristar210, X-ray vision to UMP, retards to rodltg2, rubber cement to Toober Tom, hankerchiefs to Snottyskier, truckdrivers to trickskier, breastseses to skidog, bad drivers to Monte72 and the list goes on and on. Don't get me started, cause I now drive that Cadillac that is a '49, '51, '50, '52, '53,..................... that he gave me, got it????????????????:D

He looked up to you cause you taught him the ways of the teak, didn't you? :D

In the words of DAC "don't you just love them itty bitty..."

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Only if you fear "the man". ;)

But I think your a rebel.
There is bad Betsy again!!!!

Ric
04-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Not even the one rodriguez stole?????????8p someone ought to warn ump 'fore I knock him off his stool

Monte
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
someone ought to warn ump 'fore I knock him off his stool

Cause this long hair just can't cover up that RED NECK8p

04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
someone ought to warn ump 'fore I knock him off his stool
Whats going on here? hostility? you startin static with me on my own thread? IF we are going to fight, cant we at least do it on another thread? Perhaps something in the maintenance section?

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Whats going on here? hostility? you startin static with me on my own thread? IF we are going to fight, cant we at least do it on another thread? Perhaps something in the maintenance section?

kick his *** kick his ***

Ric
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
:) Whats going on here? hostility? you startin static with me on my own thread? IF we are going to fight, cant we at least do it on another thread? Perhaps something in the maintenance section? you are the loudmouth in the corner ump

Monte
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Just for yoos guys that have no idea what we are talking about

Written By David Allan Coe/ Jimmy Rabbit

COUNTRY DEEJAYS KNOWS THAT I'M AN OUTLAW
THEY'D NEVER COME TO SEE ME IN THIS DIVE
WHERE BIKERS STARE AT COWBOYS
WHO ARE LAUGHING' AT THE HIPPIES
WHO ARE PRAYING' THEY'LL GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE

LOUDMOUTH IN THE CORNER'S GETTING' TO ME
TALKIN' 'BOUT MY EARRINGS AND MY HAIR
I GUESS HE AIN'T READ THE SIGNS THAT SAY I'VE BEEN TO PRISON
SOMEONE OUGHT TO WARN HIM
'FORE I KNOCK HIM OFF HIS CHAIR

'CAUSE MY LONG HAIR JUST CAN'T COVER UP MY REDNECK
I'VE WON EVERY FIGHT I'VE EVER FOUGHT
AND I DON'T NEED SOME TURKEY TELLING' ME THAT I AIN'T COUNTRY
SAYING' I AIN'T WORTH DAMNED
OLD TICKET THAT HE BOUGHT

'CAUSE I CAN SING ALL THEM SONGS ABOUT TEXAS
AND I STILL DO ALL THE SAD ONES THAT I KNOW
THEY TELL ME I LOOK LIKE MERLE HAGGARD
AND SOUND A LOT LIKE DAVID ALLAN COE
AND THE BARMAID IN THE LAST TOWN THAT WE PLAYED IN
KNEW THE WORDS TO EVERY SONG I'D WROTE
SHE SAID JIMMY RABBIT TURNED HER ON TO MY LAST ALBUM
JUST ABOUT THE TIME THE JUKE BOX BROKE

YEAH, JOHNNY CASH HELPED ME GET OUT OF PRISON
LONG BEFORE RODRIGUEZ STOLE THAT GOAT
I'VE BEEN THE RHINESTONE COWBOY FOR SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER
AND I CAN DO YOU EVERY SONG
HANK WILLIAMS EVER WROTE

AND I CAN SING ALL THEM SONGS ABOUT TEXAS
I CAN'T HELP IT, I LOOK LIKE MERLE HAGGARD
AND I SOUND A LOT LIKE DAVID ALLAN COE

BUT THE COUNTRY D.J.'S ALL THINK I'M AN OUTLAW
AND THEY'D NEVER COME TO SEE ME IN THIS DIVE

THE LOUDMOUTH IN THE CORNER'S GETTING' TO ME

04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
YOu can talk about Rhinestones, DJ's, earrings, long hair, juke boxes, all you want, but just no goat talk. its a simple rule people. Please follow it.

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 05:43 PM
YOu can talk about Rhinestones, DJ's, earrings, long hair, juke boxes, all you want, but just no goat talk. its a simple rule people. Please follow it.

Just so I completely understand the thread rules UMP. This is what we should refrain from discussing. :confused:

04-17-2007, 06:09 PM
You got it X30! :)

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Who sang "Redneck Mother"???????????????

M is for the MUDFLAPS on my car,
O is for the OIL in my hair,
T is fer T-BIRD,
H s fer HAGGARD,
E is fer EGGS, and
R is fer.........REDNECK!

SkiDog
04-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Damn, I am glad I didn't make THAT list!:D

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
We have goat farmers here too...

"Get up over that fence"

Maristar210
04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.renegadechickens.com/chickens/Toons/thats_a_joke.au

Ric
04-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Who sang "Redneck Mother"???????????????

M is for the MUDFLAPS on my car,
O is for the OIL in my hair,
T is fer T-BIRD,
H s fer HAGGARD,
E is fer EGGS, and
R is fer.........REDNECK! I thought everyone knew that was Jerry Jeff Walker ! :toast:

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I thought everyone knew that was Jerry Jeff Walker ! :toast:

I beg to differ with you O'h great one. :D :D

Biography
A leading figure of the progressive country movement of the 1970s, singer/songwriter Ray Wylie Hubbard remains best known for authoring the perennial anthem "Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother." Born November 13, 1946, in Soper, OK, Hubbard and his family relocated to Dallas during the mid-'50s; there he learned to play guitar, eventually forming a folk group with fellow aspiring musician Michael Martin Murphey. Befriended by the likes of Jerry Jeff Walker and Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Hubbard later formed a trio named Three Faces West, which regularly performed at the Outpost club in Red River, NM, a musical hotbed also trafficked by artists including Steve Fromholz and Bill & Bonnie Hearne. Upon the breakup of Three Faces West, Hubbard toured the southwestern coffeehouse circuit as a solo act before forming another group, Texas Fever; they too proved short-lived, and he returned to New Mexico to again take up residence at the Outpost.

While in Red River, Hubbard rekindled his friendship with Walker, who in 1973 recorded Hubbard's most famous (if least representative) composition, "Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother," on his acclaimed Viva Terlingua LP. The success of the album guaranteed Hubbard instant cult status within progressive country circles, and at the same time, he set about organizing a new backing band, dubbed the Cowboy Twinkies. Considered by many the first cowpunk group -- their regular set lists included everything from Merle Haggard songs to a show-stopping cover of Led Zeppelin's "Communication Breakdown" -- the Cowboy Twinkies' music met considerable resistance in both country and rock quarters; frustrated, Hubbard funded a demo tape that won the group a contract with Atlantic. However, the label left the band in limbo, and they finally jumped ship to Warner Bros., which shipped them off to Nashville to record their debut LP, Ray Wylie Hubbard & the Cowboy Twinkies.

Released in 1975, the album suffered from label-imposed over-production and fared poorly; Hubbard did not resurface prior to 1978, when he signed to Willie Nelson's short-lived Lone Star imprint to record Off the Wall, which contained his own version of "Redneck Mother." The following year Hubbard acquired a new backing unit in the form of the Lost Gonzo Band, previously Walker's supporting group; comprised of guitarist John Inmon, bassist Bob Livingston, and drummer Paul Pearcy, they recorded the live LP Caught in the Act. By 1984, Hubbard was backed by the Bugs Henderson Trio, which featured guitarist Henderson, bassist Bobby Chitwood, and drummer Ron Thompson; with them he cut another live effort, Something About the Night.

Hubbard didn't record for another eight years, instead building a small but loyal following through constant touring. Finally, he issued Lost Train of Thought on his own Misery Loves Co. label in 1992, followed in 1995 by the Dejadisc release Loco Gringos Lament. Dangerous Spirits appeared two years later, and in 1999 Hubbard returned with Crusades of the Restless Nights. Eternal & Lowdown, which was issued in summer 2001, captured the haunting poetics of religion, philosophy, and salvation. It was followed in 2003 by the raw and gripping Growl, the laid-back Delirium Tremolos in 2005, and Snake Farm in 2006. ~ Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide
Discography

Ric
04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
say that reminds me..... I always assumed I knew what the phrase meant
"YEAH, JOHNNY CASH HELPED ME GET OUT OF PRISON
LONG BEFORE RODRIGUEZ STOLE THAT GOAT"

as a casual listener and nowhere near the redneck that david allan coe is... I assumed that this phrase referred to DAC's lack of respect for whatever crime johnny rodriquez supposedly was incarcerated over....

What I mean to ask is: does anyone know if Johnny rodriquez actually ever stole(or was tried for stealing) a goat or was this a racial slur toward rodriquez while remarking on the lack of severity of whatever crime rodriquez actually was convicted of??????

Just for yoos guys that have no idea what we are talking about

Written By David Allan Coe/ Jimmy Rabbit

COUNTRY DEEJAYS KNOWS THAT I'M AN OUTLAW
THEY'D NEVER COME TO SEE ME IN THIS DIVE

LOUDMOUTH IN THE CORNER'S GETTING' TO ME
I GUESS HE AIN'T READ THE SIGNS THAT SAY I'VE BEEN TO PRISON
SOMEONE OUGHT TO WARN HIM
'FORE I KNOCK HIM OFF HIS CHAIR

'CAUSE MY LONG HAIR JUST CAN'T COVER UP MY REDNECK
I'VE WON EVERY FIGHT I'VE EVER FOUGHT
AND I DON'T NEED SOME TURKEY TELLING' ME THAT I AIN'T COUNTRY
SAYING' I AIN'T WORTH DAMNED
OLD TICKET THAT HE BOUGHT

'CAUSE I CAN SING ALL THEM SONGS ABOUT TEXAS
THEY TELL ME I LOOK LIKE MERLE HAGGARD
AND SOUND A LOT LIKE DAVID ALLAN COE
AND THE BARMAID IN THE LAST TOWN THAT WE PLAYED IN
KNEW THE WORDS TO EVERY SONG I'D WROTE
SHE SAID JIMMY RABBIT TURNED HER ON TO MY LAST ALBUM
JUST ABOUT THE TIME THE JUKE BOX BROKE

YEAH, JOHNNY CASH HELPED ME GET OUT OF PRISON
LONG BEFORE RODRIGUEZ STOLE THAT GOAT
I'VE BEEN THE RHINESTONE COWBOY FOR SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER
AND I CAN DO YOU EVERY SONG
HANK WILLIAMS EVER WROTE

AND I CAN SING ALL THEM SONGS ABOUT TEXAS
I CAN'T HELP IT, I LOOK LIKE MERLE HAGGARD
AND I SOUND A LOT LIKE DAVID ALLAN COE

BUT THE COUNTRY D.J.'S ALL THINK I'M AN OUTLAW
AND THEY'D NEVER COME TO SEE ME IN THIS DIVE

THE LOUDMOUTH IN THE CORNER'S GETTING' TO ME

Ric
04-17-2007, 07:13 PM
what thahell was I thinkin? H is also for ray wiley hhhhhhhubbard!

(even though the question from #1 was actually "who sang" it.... I will give you a break since nobody but a handful of us ever knew who ray wiley hubbard was anyway)

I beg to differ with you O'h great one. :D :D

Biography
A leading figure of the progressive country movement of the 1970s, singer/songwriter Ray Wylie Hubbard remains best known for authoring the perennial anthem "Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother." Born November 13, 1946, in Soper, OK, Hubbard and his family relocated to Dallas during the mid-'50s; there he learned to play guitar, eventually forming a folk group with fellow aspiring musician Michael Martin Murphey. Befriended by the likes of Jerry Jeff Walker and Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Hubbard later formed a trio named Three Faces West, which regularly performed at the Outpost club in Red River, NM, a musical hotbed also trafficked by artists including Steve Fromholz and Bill & Bonnie Hearne. Upon the breakup of Three Faces West, Hubbard toured the southwestern coffeehouse circuit as a solo act before forming another group, Texas Fever; they too proved short-lived, and he returned to New Mexico to again take up residence at the Outpost.

While in Red River, Hubbard rekindled his friendship with Walker, who in 1973 recorded Hubbard's most famous (if least representative) composition, "Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother," on his acclaimed Viva Terlingua LP. The success of the album guaranteed Hubbard instant cult status within progressive country circles, and at the same time, he set about organizing a new backing band, dubbed the Cowboy Twinkies. Considered by many the first cowpunk group -- their regular set lists included everything from Merle Haggard songs to a show-stopping cover of Led Zeppelin's "Communication Breakdown" -- the Cowboy Twinkies' music met considerable resistance in both country and rock quarters; frustrated, Hubbard funded a demo tape that won the group a contract with Atlantic. However, the label left the band in limbo, and they finally jumped ship to Warner Bros., which shipped them off to Nashville to record their debut LP, Ray Wylie Hubbard & the Cowboy Twinkies.

Released in 1975, the album suffered from label-imposed over-production and fared poorly; Hubbard did not resurface prior to 1978, when he signed to Willie Nelson's short-lived Lone Star imprint to record Off the Wall, which contained his own version of "Redneck Mother." The following year Hubbard acquired a new backing unit in the form of the Lost Gonzo Band, previously Walker's supporting group; comprised of guitarist John Inmon, bassist Bob Livingston, and drummer Paul Pearcy, they recorded the live LP Caught in the Act. By 1984, Hubbard was backed by the Bugs Henderson Trio, which featured guitarist Henderson, bassist Bobby Chitwood, and drummer Ron Thompson; with them he cut another live effort, Something About the Night.

Hubbard didn't record for another eight years, instead building a small but loyal following through constant touring. Finally, he issued Lost Train of Thought on his own Misery Loves Co. label in 1992, followed in 1995 by the Dejadisc release Loco Gringos Lament. Dangerous Spirits appeared two years later, and in 1999 Hubbard returned with Crusades of the Restless Nights. Eternal & Lowdown, which was issued in summer 2001, captured the haunting poetics of religion, philosophy, and salvation. It was followed in 2003 by the raw and gripping Growl, the laid-back Delirium Tremolos in 2005, and Snake Farm in 2006. ~ Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide
Discography

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Boy you two are GRUMPY today!:)

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I never knew this either. :confused:

The Rodriguez mentioned in that song is country singer Johnny Rodriguez. This from his bio on www.countrymusic.com:

Success came to Rodriguez. He didn't necessarily come to it. Success kind of found him . . . it found him in jail at age 18. Oddly enough, it was being in jail that gave him his first break. Caught with friends for stealing and barbecuing a goat, Rodriguez says he took the rap for all his buddies. "I'm never going to live that story down," Johnny laughs and shakes his head when reminded of how he had been discovered. Too ashamed to tell his parents where he was, Rodriguez spent nearly four months in jail after Texas Ranger Joaquin Jackson had arrested him. "I was always running off like that. My family figured I'd be home someday," says Johnny. His jailhouse singing enthralled the Texas Ranger who told a "Wild West Town" promoter about Rodriguez. The promoter hired Johnny to perform as a cowboy, to wrangle horses, do gunfight skits, and sing. It was while singing there at the Alamo Village Park that he was heard by country music artists Tom T. Hall and Bobby Bare.

Ric
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
that certainly answers my question
I never knew this either. :confused:

The Rodriguez mentioned in that song is country singer Johnny Rodriguez. This from his bio on www.countrymusic.com: (http://www.countrymusic.com:)

Success came to Rodriguez. He didn't necessarily come to it. Success kind of found him . . . it found him in jail at age 18. Oddly enough, it was being in jail that gave him his first break. Caught with friends for stealing and barbecuing a goat, Rodriguez says he took the rap for all his buddies. "I'm never going to live that story down," Johnny laughs and shakes his head when reminded of how he had been discovered. Too ashamed to tell his parents where he was, Rodriguez spent nearly four months in jail after Texas Ranger Joaquin Jackson had arrested him. "I was always running off like that. My family figured I'd be home someday," says Johnny. His jailhouse singing enthralled the Texas Ranger who told a "Wild West Town" promoter about Rodriguez. The promoter hired Johnny to perform as a cowboy, to wrangle horses, do gunfight skits, and sing. It was while singing there at the Alamo Village Park that he was heard by country music artists Tom T. Hall and Bobby Bare.

LakePirate
04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Your as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey
Your as sweet as strawberry wine
Your as warm as a glass of brandy
and I stay stoned on your love all the time

Nothing like a DAC love song.

Ric
04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
how bout this one lakey?

Mister can you make folks cry when you play and sannng
have ya paid your dues, can ya moan the blues
can ya bend them guitar strangssss
Drifter can ya make folks feel what ya feel inside
if your big star bound let me warn ya its a long hard ride

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 07:33 PM
UMP would not allow this discussion on his grump thread but I think this is safe here. cabrito is truly a delicacy in south Texas. Wife and I order it all the time when we find it. I have also cooked many at the house. Ric If you ever go to cadillac Bar their cabrito is about as good as it gets. :D

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Your as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey
Your as sweet as strawberry wine
Your as warm as a glass of brandy
and I stay stoned on your love all the time

Nothing like a DAC love song.

George Jones had a huge hit with that song.;)

Ric
04-17-2007, 07:35 PM
UMP would not allow this discussion on his grump thread but I think it is safe here. cabrito is truly a delicacy in south Texas. Wife and I order it all the time when we find it. I have also cooked many at the house. Ric If you ever go to cadillac Bar their cabrito is about as good as it gets. :D

20960 ole' !

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Damn, I am glad I didn't make THAT list!:D

What, you got a problem with that? Make a name for your bad self and maybe nextime you'll be on it! Ya wanna fight about it???????????:confused: 8p :D

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I thought everyone knew that was Jerry Jeff Walker ! :toast:

I'z too lazy to look thru all my 33 1/3's to find out! Wanna fight about it??????????:confused: 8p :D

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
say that reminds me..... I always assumed I knew what the phrase meant
"YEAH, JOHNNY CASH HELPED ME GET OUT OF PRISON
LONG BEFORE RODRIGUEZ STOLE THAT GOAT"

as a casual listener and nowhere near the redneck that david allan coe is... I assumed that this phrase referred to DAC's lack of respect for whatever crime johnny rodriquez supposedly was incarcerated over....

What I mean to ask is: does anyone know if Johnny rodriquez actually ever stole(or was tried for stealing) a goat or was this a racial slur toward rodriquez while remarking on the lack of severity of whatever crime rodriquez actually was convicted of??????

Whad you jus say? Maybe Rodriguez taught Fred how to work on goats. We may never know.:cool: :D 8p

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Boy you two are GRUMPY today!:)

They are trying to get on the May "Grump of the Month" poll! Ya wanna fight about it???????????:rolleyes: 8p :D

betsy&david Harrison
04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
They can kiss my arse for not talkin to me HUMPH!

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
They can kiss my arse for not talkin to me HUMPH!

Another candidate for the May poll!:D

Harvey
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
how bout this one lakey?

Mister can you make folks cry when you play and sannng
have ya paid your dues, can ya moan the blues
can ya bend them guitar strangssss
Drifter can ya make folks feel what ya feel inside
if your big star bound let me warn ya its a long hard ride

Great song, "The Ride" by DAC

Song is about ole Hank Williams.

How about this one? I think about hunting in San Angelo when I hear this one.

"And I never seen him when he wasn't tired and mean
He sold used parts to make ends meet
Covered with grease from his head to his feet
Cussin' the sweat and the Texas heat and mosquiters
And the neighbors said we lived like hicks
But they brung their cars for pa to fix anyhow
He was veteran-proud tried and true
He'd fought till his heart was black and blue
Didn't know how he'd made it through the hard times
He bought our house on the GI Bill
But it wasn't worth all he had to kill to git it
He drank pearl in a can and Jack Daniels black
Chewed tobacco from a mail pouch sack
Had an old dog that was trained to attack sometimes"

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 09:20 PM
My nominee didn't make the list and this was my idea. Gee...thanks Don.:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Same here! Where is Brieod and WFT? Grumpier Old Men that they are they should have made the list!:mad:

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I haven't seen WFT on in a while.:confused:

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. I think he and Gene are an item now.8p I haven't seen WFT on in a while.:confused:

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Doubt it. How's life Bob? You frame that nut? When you coming down here for a visit? I'm sitting in a patio chair by the pool watching my kids swim in the pool on my laptop.

04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
My nominee didn't make the list and this was my idea. Gee...thanks Don.:rolleyes:
You may be moderator, and I know you probably can find out what time I was born and what my grandmothers blood type was, what the air pressure in my tires is, what TV channel I am watching, and that you can snap my neck in 2 seconds, but I am the czar of polls around here and I decide what goes into them. ;) As long as they dont violate TMC rules, the rest is up to me:D

Sit back and enjoy the ride Bri! UMP is in the driver seat!:D

04-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Doubt it. How's life Bob? You frame that nut? When you coming down here for a visit? I'm sitting in a patio chair by the pool watching my kids swim in the pool on my laptop.
you have a pool on your lap top? how do the kids fit into THAT??:o :confused:

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 09:57 PM
You may be moderator, and I know you probably can find out what time I was born and what my grandmothers blood type was, what the air pressure in my tires is, what TV channel I am watching, and that you can snap my neck in 2 seconds, but I am the czar of polls around here and I decide what goes into them. ;) As long as they dont violate TMC rules, the rest is up to me:D

Watch out there UMP, BriEOD will quote from "Space Cowboys"!
"OK bad guy, were taking this outside. I want to whip your asymmetrical sagging a$$, Get out there in the parking lot!"

04-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Watch out there UMP, BriEOD will quote from "Space Cowboys"!
"OK bad guy, were taking this outside. I want to whip your asymmetrical sagging a$$, Get out there in the parking lot!"
I know, I am just having fun with Bri. :D

Laurel_Lake_Skier
04-17-2007, 09:59 PM
George Jones had a huge hit with that song.;)
THE POSSUM!

Mag_Red
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm throwing my name in the ring. One of the reason I ain't been here much is I didn't want my Grumpiness bringing you all down. I'll cheer up as soon as I find the $28,000 I owe the Feds before midnight tonight.:(

or the butthole that owes me $8,500, for the past two months calls and says my check is finally ready.

or the chick that rear ended my daughters car, totalled:mad: , decides she should pay the additional $$$ it cost to get my daughter a decent car on a moments notice.

Just hasn't been a Good April for Mag:(

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM

I better go get on my boots, it is getting deep in here.

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm throwing my name in the ring. One of the reason I ain't been here much is I didn't want my Grumpiness bringing you all down. I'll cheer up as soon as I find the $28,000 I owe the Feds before midnight tonight.:(

or the butthole that owes me $8,500, for the past two months calls and says my check is finally ready.

or the chick that rear ended my daughters car, totalled:mad: , decides she should pay the additional $$$ it cost to get my daughter a decent car on a moments notice.

Sorry to hear it Bob. Hope things start looking up.

04-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Chin up lad, at least you have your health. Hang in there bud, it will get better soon. :)

04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I better go get on my boots, it is getting deep in here.
:) Relax Bri. We are good! Your dealing with UMP here, not an unruly type like Hoosier. 8p ;)

Monte
04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Chin up lad, at least you have your health. Hang in there bud, it will get better soon. :)

Hate to hear that about your month Mag... If its any consolation my hand hurt really bad today too...

Isn't that from Disney's "Robinhood" the one with the fox?:o :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Relax Bri. We are good! Your dealing with UMP here, not an unruly type like Hoosier.

What's this brown, smelly stuff coming out of the bottom of my monitor?:D :rolleyes: ;)

TX.X-30 fan
04-17-2007, 10:22 PM
THE POSSUM!

:headbang: :friday:

04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
speaking of being grumpy, I have been a bit grumpy lately too. Its been a bit ruff adjusting to having a dog around again. :o :o

BriEOD
04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
:) Relax Bri. We are good! Your dealing with UMP here, not an unruly type like Hoosier. 8p ;)
You crack me up Don. Stay warm up there friend.

04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
What's this brown, smelly stuff coming out of the bottom of my monitor?:D :rolleyes: ;)
My guess is, its teak oil. :cool:

04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
You crack me up Don. Stay warm up there friend.
We'll do Bri. NO worries here pal, hey pretty soon it will be July and I can stop wearing a winter jacket and long johns:o and I can break out the shorts for august!:banana: :uglyhamme

Monte
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
My guess is, its teak oil. :cool:

:purplaugh :purplaugh :uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Life is good business is slowing and the bikes are coming together. The CR 85 is really coming together nicely. The kid should be very happy. The boat is ready all but a few minor details. Sippin' a few by the pool tonight would be very cool! We could create some fake alias' for UMP and maybe even create a few open warrants for him! Next episode of cops we can break out the expensive stuff and watch Dawg track down Don! I would like to see Dawg the Bailbondsman's wife take Don down! That would be classic! Talk about a crash!

Take care!

HBDoubt it. How's life Bob? You frame that nut? When you coming down here for a visit? I'm sitting in a patio chair by the pool watching my kids swim in the pool on my laptop.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Same here! Where is Brieod and WFT? Grumpier Old Men that they are they should have made the list!:mad:
Why would you suggest I make the list. Do I appear grumpy?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. I think he and Gene are an item now.8p
You mutha ........., My vote is in.....

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I haven't seen WFT on in a while.:confused:
I was at your house a few days ago, stopped by, but you weren't home, or didn't answer the door. Does that make YOU grumpy, or......:confused:

Hoosier Bob
04-17-2007, 11:04 PM
That's my boy!:D You mutha ........., My vote is in.....

04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
I would like to see Dawg the Bailbondsman's wife take Don down! That would be classic! Talk about a crash!

whaddaya trying to say HB? you want to see me roll in the hay with her? what would Priscilla say? Im not a swinger baby!

Monte
04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
whaddaya trying to say HB? you want to see me roll in the hay with her? what would Priscilla say? Im not a swinger baby!

She would HURT you UMP:noface: :popcorn: :wavey:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-17-2007, 11:09 PM
That's my boy!:D
You can kiss my ^.^

04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
You can kiss my ^.^
what are you telling HB? to kiss your triangles?:confused: what does that mean? or is that kiss my pumpkin eyes? or kiss my roofs? You lost me WFT.....:confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
what are you telling HB? to kiss your triangles?:confused: what does that mean? or is that kiss my pumpkin eyes? or kiss my roofs? You lost me WFT.....:confused:
^=left cheek..... ^ = right cheek.... . = nevermind....8p
Do I need to describe how email and text messaging work too.... How about this one :-) or :-P or ;-) or ii!ii

I'll stop there before demodulation kicks in...

jlf
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I win hands down for the B*tch of the month!!! I just had a telephone conversation with one of my "friends" and basically I told her to go to H*ll I no longer wanted to be her friend. I made her cry. My husband even told me I've been a huge "B" the last few weeks. Long story but she really did deserve it, I even ratted out all her so called friends who are nice to her face and talking behind her back. Somehow I think she is going to have a bad day today.

Ric
04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I win hands down for the B*tch of the month!!! I just had a telephone conversation with one of my "friends" and basically I told her to go to H*ll I no longer wanted to be her friend. I made her cry. My husband even told me I've been a huge "B" the last few weeks. Long story but she really did deserve it, I even ratted out all her so called friends who are nice to her face and talking behind her back. Somehow I think she is going to have a bad day today. and yall all thought I was the chick

04-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I win hands down for the B*tch of the month!!! I just had a telephone conversation with one of my "friends" and basically I told her to go to H*ll I no longer wanted to be her friend. I made her cry. My husband even told me I've been a huge "B" the last few weeks. Long story but she really did deserve it, I even ratted out all her so called friends who are nice to her face and talking behind her back. Somehow I think she is going to have a bad day today.
I havent been comissioned by the powers that be to conduct the poll on Bi*ch of the month yet. I think I will pass on that one. :o If Brieod wants to know that badly, he can do ask himself.

jlf
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I really am harmless, I was seriously provoked!! Now that I unleashed the rath, I feel so much better. I'm back to the sweet sensitive lady I've always been!!

Ric
04-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I really am harmless, I was seriously provoked!! Now that I unleashed the rath, I feel so much better. I'm back to the sweet sensitive lady I've always been!! your story didn't sound a whole lot different than common chic stuff:D

jlf
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
You got the censored shorted virsion, and yes we can all be B's to eachother and cat fights are inevitable at some point. Really not all that different from men when they get ps'd at each other. I've read the name calling and such on here.

Really I am just Sweet and Innocent

Ric
04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
you ought to hear the namecalling I give this TT bunch verbally over here

Maristar210
04-19-2007, 09:40 AM
you ought to hear the namecalling I give this TT bunch verbally over here

You rang???

04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
And just think, its double for Ric, he gets into the guy fights, and the women fights.

Maristar210
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
And just think, its double for Ric, he gets into the guy fights, and the women fights.

Does he then "make up" with himherself as well?

Ric
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
see steve that is exactly what I was sitting here saying to you "go make up with yourself steve"

wow you are a mind reader

04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Does he then "make up" with himherself as well?
I dont know....its a kind of paradox I guess. I have an engineering degree Steve, not a psychology degree.

04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
wow you are a mind readerHe's good Ric. Real good.

Maristar210
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Boo Yeah......

betsy&david Harrison
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Is this it?? This thread dead? Boo Dat! C'mon where are the GRUMPS today? I want some hiss'n and spit'n goin on.

04-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Is this it?? This thread dead? Boo Dat! C'mon where are the GRUMPS today? I want some hiss'n and spit'n goin on.
Whatever happend to the good ol' Hoosier & WFT fightin' days? Import vs. Domestic battle.