PDA

View Full Version : Find People,Reunions,Tournaments,Dealers Easier!

#47of100TeamMC
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok, Here goes...

I see a lot of people posting threads on finding people to ski with, Finding Dealers, Tournaments etc. So I hopefully came up with a system that will help make these things easier to find.

Google Maps allows you to create personal maps and flag locations on them saving them for later use. Some of you might know of this and have used it before. It is rather easy it only took a few minutes for me to make a few different maps and flag a few things.

Here is the info.
Go to Google.com Click on "Maps". Click on the "My Maps" tab. and then "sign in"

the email address I have setup is as follows:
Team-Mastercraft@hotmail.com
Password: teamtalk (this IS case sensitive)

Using this you can add your location(s) on the corresponding maps. Look for other memebers in your area. or see what Tournaments are in your area.

I will do my best to update various tournaments I am aware of. However there are SOO many hopefully some of you will post locations and such that you are aware of too.

If you would rather no spend the time to locate the various places. Send an Email to Team-Mastercraft@hotmail.com with the locations and such and I will check the inbox weekly and add the locations myself.

Now feel free to ridicule me if this is a stupid idea...

Ron Grover
04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Got myself posted.

erkoehler
04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Updated :)

Cool Idea!

Sodar
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Good idea. I think that this had already been done before though... I am going to try to find the link...

Sodar
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Here is the frapper map that has been set up: http://www.frappr.com/tmcowners/map

JohnE
04-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Could someone accidentally or purposely change the existing info set up there? I'm not computer savvy and have not used the service before. I found my way around OK but didn't enter any info yet. Just wonder about screwing up something accidentally myself or someone maliciously changing info to mess with us.

#47of100TeamMC
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Here is the frapper map that has been set up: http://www.frappr.com/tmcowners/map

I don't see a map. all it says is "image unavailable"... and a bunch of orange dots.

east tx skier
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Good idea. I think that this had already been done before though... I am going to try to find the link...

Yes, we've got something like this.

Link (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=153068&postcount=29)

JohnE
04-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't see a map. all it says is "image unavailable"... and a bunch of orange dots.

When I clicked it the image appeared for a few seconds then what you describe appeared. Do you need to join to see the image? I didn't bother I need to head out.

Sodar
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Click on Doug's link... I think mine might be wrong. In the top left near the Frappr image, you should be able to "Log In" or "Sign Up". Maybe someone else can help ya out, since I am a member, it automatically takes me to my member page...

east tx skier
04-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not getting the map image, but the dots are the people who have entered their info. Must need some plugin that I don't have installed.

#47of100TeamMC
04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes, we've got something like this.

Link (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=153068&postcount=29)

That's great, but if you can't see a map just dots where people are... It might not get used much.

east tx skier
04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
That's the first time that's happened. Might be a plug in we're missing.

Sodar
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
That's great, but if you can't see a map just dots where people are... It might not get used much.

On my computer, if you run the mouse over the dots, the location, person and picture pops up, making it very useful. If you click on the dot, then a profile opens about the person.

My guess is that my Apple can just handle the complexity of the site better than the average PC!!!! ;) Sorry guys, just had to throw it out there!!

east tx skier
04-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I can see the people and locations, but like #47, no map. I'm running Version 9.xxx of Flash Player.

sizzler
04-17-2007, 11:32 AM
i'm on the google one..

#47of100TeamMC
04-17-2007, 11:53 AM
My guess is that my Apple can just handle the complexity of the site better than the average PC!!!! ;) Sorry guys, just had to throw it out there!!

Oh, so your jacking my thread for a PC vs. Apple debate huh?:rolleyes: That would be a good thread to start I think... I am a recent apple convert myself. Although the only thing I currently own that is Apple is my ipod. Once my Gateway completely dies at home (not quite there yet) I'll replace it with an apple.

Skibumtx
04-17-2007, 03:24 PM
The Google map looks great, just need to wait till it fully loads, then you have a blue marker with name, etc. If you want to add yourself, go to the top of the map and click on the blue flag, then mark your location. It is a bit easier if you zoom in on where you want to place it first. Hopefully someone from Omaha will post, we are going up there next month for a wedding and are staying all weekend.

tones03
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Very cool idea. If people travel they can look people up, I like it good job 47.

Oh yeah I am in there.

east tx skier
04-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Just loaded the Frappr map at home and it works fine. Guess my work computer was just missing one plugin or another. I went ahead and added my name to the google one, too. If we're going to have two of these things, please add your names to the frappr map as well. We've been working on it for a couple of years now and it already has 120 people on it.

Link Again (http://www.frappr.com/tmcowners)

Doug Meeker
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Just logged The Liquid Edge on the Map. Thanks for setting this up.