PDA

View Full Version : Keel guard

87MCProstar
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
has anyone put this on their boat? if so what are feelings about it.
thanks

rstitson
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I would like to know too. We like to beach in the sand. I have a canoe I put kevlar/epoxy gaurds on front and back. Not made for looks but highly functional.

JimN
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I put one on a customer's boat and as far as I heard, it worked fine. I would try to use something that isn't too thick in order to not mess up the wake or handling. Otherwise, if you can find out what GM uses under the paint on the rocker panels that has texture to it, that stuff is good, and if it's put on top of the original gelcoat, then another layer of gel on that in a slightly contrasting color, you can see when it needs another coat without going down to the fiberglass.

jimmer2880
04-17-2007, 05:50 AM
I put one on a customer's boat and as far as I heard, it worked fine. I would try to use something that isn't too thick in order to not mess up the wake or handling. Otherwise, if you can find out what GM uses under the paint on the rocker panels that has texture to it, that stuff is good, and if it's put on top of the original gelcoat, then another layer of gel on that in a slightly contrasting color, you can see when it needs another coat without going down to the fiberglass.

That's a great idea.