PDA

View Full Version : LTR 330 Perfect Pass Servo Mounting Location?

etakk7
04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Can anybody describe or provide pictures of their servo mounting location for an LTR 330 engine? I'm installing Perfect Pass.

Thanks.

bigmac
04-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Can anybody describe or provide pictures of their servo mounting location for an LTR 330 engine? I'm installing Perfect Pass.

It's an MCX, not an LTR, but it illustrates where I mounted the servo in MY v-drive, if you look down in the lower right hand corner. The instructions call for it to be hose-clamped to the water pump line, but I had a far better curve by mounting it to the exhaust hose. You have to buy some big hose clamps, but it works well.

http://mccollister.info/ppcable.jpg

Ric
04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
pp has a pic or 2 on their website and in their manual regarding installation of the servo to the ltr motor
big mac shows the servo connected with hose clamps to the exhaust on the mcx . the ltr will similarly have the servo connected to one of the water intake hoses on the same side of the motor as shown in big macs pic

bigmac
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
pp has a pic or 2 on their website and in their manual regarding installation of the servo to the ltr motor
big mac shows the servo connected with hose clamps to the exhaust on the mcx . the ltr will similarly have the servo connected to one of the water intake hoses on the same side of the motor as shown in big macs pic

etakk doesn't mention his boat, but his profile indicates a 205V. I think the exhaust hoses make a better mounting location than the water pump intake hose for that servo in a V-drive. Wouldn't be true for a DD, of course, but on a V-drive, it can get pretty cramped to be able to squeeze the servo in there.

Ric
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh maybe so, I have never laid eyes on an ltr in a vdrive setup to see the area. seriously, perfect pass has some pics like yours showing where to mount the servo... hell they might even be on the pp website

etakk7
04-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I couldn't find any LTR specific pictures on the website, but I did just receive an email back from PP, indicating it should go on the water hose that Ric was mentioning. I'll have to decide if I want to put it on the exhaust hose instead, but on the LTR the throttle cable is up towards the front of the motor, so I will probably mount on the water hose so I don't have too much curve in the line. Thanks for the help guys.

I attached the picture PP sent me in case it can be of use to somebody else someday.

Ric
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
here is another pic .

now this is a dd as big mac mentioned, so use it fwiw

bigmac
04-16-2007, 05:09 PM
here is another pic .

now this is a dd as big mac mentioned, so use it fwiw

Yeh, LTR is too different as to throttle location. It would work, but you'd have to turn the servo around on the exhaust hose. Mounting it on the water hose of an MCX is pretty much impossible without getting too much flex on the cable, but I see the LTR is different.

beatle78
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Etakk7,

I just ordered my PP as well. Take lots of pics :)

Where did you install th epoaddle wheel?

[sidenote] I just ordered my Swim Platform brackets, ND Tower[already delivered], PP, steering cable. I have a LOT of work to do!

Ric
04-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Etakk7,

[sidenote] I just ordered my Swim Platform brackets, ND Tower[already delivered], PP, steering cable. I have a LOT of work to do! you gonna be busy!

etakk7
04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Etakk7,

[sidenote] I just ordered my Swim Platform brackets, ND Tower[already delivered], PP, steering cable. I have a LOT of work to do!

Haven't installed the paddle wheel yet, taking it slow with both the PP and the ballast to make sure they are well thought out. My understanding is that the paddle wheel on these boats goes approximately 6 inches forward of the recessed "hole" on the port side of the boat, center on center.

beatle78
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
ok thanks! Rain finally stopped here and my bro is supposed to come over tomorrow to help install the tower:banana:

yes, i gunna be reel buzy