PDA

View Full Version : Gear Bags

barefoot
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Iím looking for a gear bag to throw all my lines, handles, and wet suits in when I travel to different friendís boats. Does MC make one? What do ya all use because I canít seem to find one that I like.

Footin
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I have a Barefoot International, it has held up well and has plenty of room for me.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I got one from Barefoot Central a few years ago and like it. It has mesh sides and a drain for air circulation, backpack-like straps along with a handle for carrying. There is also a small zipper area for dry stuff. I can usually fit everything I need for a day in it.

TMCNo1
04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I got one from Barefoot Central a few years ago and like it. It has mesh sides and a drain for air circulation, backpack-like straps along with a handle for carrying. There is also a small zipper area for dry stuff. I can usually fit everything I need for a day in it.

Any of your big box stores, like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sporting Goods stores also carry those mesh/nylon type bags in a variety of sizes, colors and are very reasonably priced. We have 1 for our premade dock lines, anchor/anchor line, 1 for ropes, handles, gloves, hand protectors, tape and 1 for misc. like air horn, whistle, sunscreen, first aid kit, etc.

barefoot
04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I looked on Barefootcentral and the only one they had was BFI. It looked a little dated....you know...80's-ish. Purple really doesn't do it for me. I really dig their new logo so I'm wondering if they have a new one coming out soon.

bkblaida
04-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Check out your local Army surplus store. Multiple sizes, reasonable price and very durable.

RexDog1
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I went to a sport shop and bought a hockey Gear Bag,works well………….:D

kwood
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Go to a local dive shop. Tons of mesh bags.

uawaterskier
04-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I use a D3 trick bag. I can get all my stuff in there such as ski, rope/handle, wetsuit, tools, towel, etc. The only thing I dont like about the bag is that it doesnt self vent, so when you get home you have to take everything out to let it dry

06' X-2 R8R H8R
04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I have an uncle who makes bags of all sorts, all you have to do is tell what you are looking for. High quality stuff too. Go to www.bucksbags.com. He is out of Boise, Id, and again I highly recomend it. All my bags are from there.