PDA

View Full Version : Hot & Cold Shower use

Killerack
04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Now that's its spring in Ohio I've got a question for you hot and cold shower owners. How's the best way to use it meaning: spray the warm water inside your long wetsuit before getting into the cold water? Or just climb in and suffer, then wait till you get out to warm up by spraying warm water over the suit? I hope someone out there that's been using a shower for a while can explan the proper way to use it.

TOO-TALL
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Put your dry wetsuit on then turn the shower on and stick the nozzle down the neck of the wetsuit.The suit will fill with warm water. Then when you get in it won't be such shock.This works for me.
I never thought I would need a shower but, the first time i used it i was sold.

bigmac
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Put your dry wetsuit on then turn the shower on and stick the nozzle down the neck of the wetsuit.The suit will fill with warm water. Then when you get in it won't be such shock.This works for me.
I never thought I would need a shower but, the first time i used it i was sold.I can see that a shower would be really nice if one were committed to using a wet suit. As for me, having switched to a dry suit last year, I'll never use a wet suit again for water sports. If it's too cold for a shorty, it's dry suit time for me. In which case a shower is of no value to me. And especially after reading posts here about failed pumps and clogged filters, I'd rather rather spend the money on a dry suit.

:twocents:

88 PS190
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
ya but the dry suit your hands and face will still get cold.

And you have that look of riding around in a plastic bag.

Not a fan of that.

Footin
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
A shower will be the next thing I add to the boat.

kpickett
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I never thought I would need a shower but, the first time i used it i was sold.

I second this one. Definitely fill up with hot water before you get in. Then, when you get out - shower off your hands, feet, and head. I've never understood the shower bashing. I think it's one of the best features of my boat - and more importantly, my wife/driver does, too.

dapicatti
04-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I second this one. Definitely fill up with hot water before you get in. Then, when you get out - shower off your hands, feet, and head. I've never understood the shower bashing. I think it's one of the best features of my boat - and more importantly, my wife/driver does, too.
I agree. We use ours all season long. Its great for the little kids. You can really hose them down and get all of the sand off of them before they climb back in the boat. We had some issues with clogging early on, but we fixed ours pretty easily and hasn't clogged since.

erkoehler
04-15-2007, 10:53 PM
A shower will be the next thing I add to the boat.

New 197s have them!!!!!

Jesus_Freak
04-16-2007, 03:30 AM
I can see that a shower would be really nice if one were committed to using a wet suit. As for me, having switched to a dry suit last year, I'll never use a wet suit again for water sports. If it's too cold for a shorty, it's dry suit time for me. In which case a shower is of no value to me. And especially after reading posts here about failed pumps and clogged filters, I'd rather rather spend the money on a dry suit.

:twocents:

One advantage for a shower is that it is useful for everyone on board.

bigmac
04-16-2007, 07:38 AM
One advantage for a shower is that it is useful for everyone on board.Most of the guys I ski with in cold weather have dry suits, and all three of the boats we pull with have heaters. I don't deny that some, maybe many, people would or do find them a great addition - it would just be a pointless hassle and expense for me.

bbeach
04-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I wear a drysuit until the water temps are in the high 50's at least. Then I'll either go shorty or neo top. I just heat up my bindings before i get in... Afterwards a nice warmup on the hands and legs!