PDA

View Full Version : New driver's footwell carpet

cm02WS6
04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
My new carpet for the driver's footwell finally arrived today! I like having carpet under my feet instead of the hard surface of the drain pan, so I decided to get a custom mat for the area. The carpet was made by the same company that made the snap-in insert for the bow, The Matworks Ltd (www.matworks.com), and cost only $38. They even sent the screw-in studs for the snaps, but I'm not sure I'll use them yet because it fits really well and has non-skid on the bottom. Check it out:

DanC
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Sweet:toast:
great idea, thanks for the pic
I'll be checking into this one for my 209

milkmania
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
that's even a great idea for carpets without the molded plastic footwell...

it's save wear & tear on that carpeted area:twocents:

Mag_Red
04-13-2007, 09:19 PM
That is sweet! Would look great in my 209 also.:toast: Bad link though

ProTour X9
04-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice, I might look into that also. heres a good link: Matworks (http://matworks.com)

JohnnyB
04-14-2007, 10:24 AM
My new carpet for the driver's footwell finally arrived today! I like having carpet under my feet instead of the hard surface of the drain pan, so I decided to get a custom mat for the area. The carpet was made by the same company that made the snap-in insert for the bow, The Matworks Ltd (www.matworks.com), and cost only $38. They even sent the screw-in studs for the snaps, but I'm not sure I'll use them yet because it fits really well and has non-skid on the bottom. Check it out:

That is sweet. I think I'll be doing the same. I think that footwell has some merits. However, I'm almost always barefoot when in my boat and so are the other "drivers". I really don't like the pan.

Matworks will be getting an order from me, too!!

JohnnyB
04-14-2007, 10:26 AM
cm02WS6,

Did you have to "custom design" it based on their website literature, or did they know the size based on the application???

cm02WS6
04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks guys, I thought some of you might be interested in getting one done.

They've got a "cockpit kit" on their website that you can use to cut the template and send back in, but I didn't do that. The guy there said to just cut one out of paper (I used heavy brown packing paper), tell them which side is up, where the snaps go, and include some contact info. I then sent it folded up in a big envelope and one of their people called me to confirm the order once they received my template. It was all pretty easy, and I think the price was well worth it.

I don't know if they also supplied some of the carpets in other boats or years (their tag was on my bow carpet), but if they did then they probably still have the same carpet used, like they did for mine.