PDA

View Full Version : dont these cars seem cheap

rodltg2
04-13-2007, 03:03 PM
while looking for a ford escape i came across these guys. somehting seems wierd though. all the cars seem to be priced well below their value. whats up??

http://www.almisauto.com/inventory.htm

sanjuan23
04-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Reconditioned Titles????

Mag_Red
04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
slow market??

sanjuan23
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I just read through a couple of the descriptions all of the ad's I read have salvage/reconditioned titles.

ttu
04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
something is up!

rod, go ahead and grab me that toyota tacoma for my son:)

jraben8
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
The Sequoia has a salvage title. It's listed on the 2nd line below the pics.

Sorry, I'm typing slow today...

milkmania
04-13-2007, 03:11 PM
engine bay 07 Cadillac STC
771miles
$25,900.00

http://www.almisauto.com/images/07sts59/43.jpg

milkmania
04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
while looking for a faord escape i cam across these guys. somehting seems wiird though. all the cars seem to be priced well below their value. whats up??

http://www.almisauto.com/inventory.htm

anybody found them on ebay yet?
their claim is they've been there a long time.

going now:rolleyes:

rodltg2
04-13-2007, 03:15 PM
ahh yes, didnt see the salvage title thing...oh well seacrh goes on..

BrianM
04-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Salvage Cars. Interesting description. "moderate front end damage" and a salvage title. In my book if it was totaled it surely wasn't moderate damage. And all of the cars I clicked on have the exact same description.

This vehicle has a history of a moderate front end damage due to involvement in a collision that occurred some time ago. In the process of repair several parts were replaced including front bumper assembly, hood, right fender, right headlight and other miscellaneous items. Fortunately, the extent of impact was not severe enough to deploy the air bags, they are intact and functional. Damages this vehicle sustained did not undermine its structural integrity. Repairs were done by a reputable auto body repair shop that specializes in imports. Following the completion of all repairs, this vehicle had undergone emissions, brake, and light inspections and tests, which are necessary to register the vehicle in California.

Due to the fact that this vehicle was involved in a collision, a salvage certificate was issued on it.

BrianM
04-13-2007, 03:23 PM
A little shaddy. The Caddy with 771 miles has this description which is the same as the others What scheduled maintenance is required under 3000k miles? And how long ago could the damage have occured?

This sedan had just undergone a scheduled maintenance with all appropriate fluid checks. Refer to detailed pictures provided for a close-up of the vehicle. This vehicle has a history of moderate front end damage that occurred some time ago.

Hrkdrivr
04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Katrina flooding survivors?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
There are various reasons that vehicles are branded with "salvage" titles. Flood, excess damage, are primary. I know some people who actually seek to buy these cars for the "value". personally I dont like messing with them. There is always a risk involved with them IMO.