PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Logo Artist?

mrcrowson
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I am in the process of starting up my own business. I am looking to have a logo made. I went to a local graphic place yesterday and they told me it would be a minimum of 800 smackers for one designer to come up with only 3 designs. :eek: We just got finished making it a corporation.

I have a simple design in my head but I am not a graphic artist.
Is anyone on TMC a logo artist?

Is 800.00 a reasonable cost?

We also have to get a website rolling, business cards and some graphic wrapping for a vehicle.

I know you must spend money to make money.

any guidance is appreciated
Thanks.

bbeach
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I do logos... $800 is a little steep! I could take care of your needs for considerably less...

Contact me at waterskier@gmail.com

Leroy
04-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Michael! Congrats on starting up your own!

I think Hoosier Bob and Slinkyredfoot would work up a logo for cheap!

mrcrowson
04-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks Leroy,
You will have to drive by my home one evening and take a look at our showroom. I just about have it finished. I am selling and installing Professional Landscape Lighting.

bbeach,
Do you have a website or a portfolio that I could take a look at?

mrcrowson
04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
:wavey: BUMP

Slinkyredfoot
04-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Michael! Congrats on starting up your own!

I think Hoosier Bob and Slinkyredfoot would work up a logo for cheap!
Yea, I would take that great looking boat of your for a few hours of my artistic work. Seriously though, I have a customer whose wife did a logo for my old company, if you want me to I can make a call and see if she is still into doing it, she does great work. Let me know Michael...
Do you ever think we will get on the water with this totally crummy weather we have be having????:mad:
Thanks for stopping by the other day

BriEOD
04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey Michael,

Congrats on the new career. You guys miss Palm Harbor?

Jmatt15
04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I am a designer and could help you out as well. you can check out some of my work at www.jenmatthews.com.

Ric
04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
where is tmc no01 when they need him?

I am in the process of starting up my own business. I am looking to have a logo made. I went to a local graphic place yesterday and they told me it would be a minimum of 800 smackers for one designer to come up with only 3 designs. :eek: We just got finished making it a corporation.

I have a simple design in my head but I am not a graphic artist.
Is anyone on TMC a logo artist?

Is 800.00 a reasonable cost?

We also have to get a website rolling, business cards and some graphic wrapping for a vehicle.

I know you must spend money to make money.

any guidance is appreciated
Thanks.

Monte
04-15-2007, 12:56 AM
#1 CAN set it up pinstipe style... That'd be sweet IMHO..........

mrcrowson
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Michael,

Congrats on the new career. You guys miss Palm Harbor?

Thanks Brian
I am excited to get this ball rolling. About the only thing I do miss is being able to be out on the water YEAR ROUND. Other than that it is really nice up here. I just wish it would warm back up so that I could hit the lake soon.

atlfootr
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
I am a designer and could help you out as well. you can check out some of my work at www.jenmatthews.com (http://www.jenmatthews.com).Impressive :cool:

TMCNo1
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
where is tmc no01 when they need him?

In the middle of a "Tornado Warning" with high winds, hail, heavy rain and flash flooding, just about over though, I hope!

All I can contribute about Pinstriping is, does not lend itself well into logos, because it tends to add too much clutter and makes it look too much like "Old English" or "Asian" type fonts, rather than a rememberable symbol. Maybe for suttle decoration on a sign, letterhead, business cards, etc. but not in or in conjunction with a seperate logo. Does anyone understand what I said, I don't!:D
All joking aside, I've BTDT over the last 37 years.

BriEOD
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks Brian
I am excited to get this ball rolling. About the only thing I do miss is being able to be out on the water YEAR ROUND. Other than that it is really nice up here. I just wish it would warm back up so that I could hit the lake soon.
Glad to hear it. We have been out on Tarpon a few times. We really miss South Carolina though.

cbryan70
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
I know a graphic artist who can basically draw up anything you tell him. Let me know if you want to get into contact with him

skibrain
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
See my PM.

mrcrowson
04-16-2007, 06:42 AM
See my PM.

Yes I got your PM. I have been real busy this weekend getting some projects finished. I will let you know something soon. I am still talking things over with my wife.

Thanks for everyones imput.

Faded & X9-Rated
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I had a VERY simple logo done for my father's company by these guys.. they do pretty good work though!

www.thelogocompany.net

Can't beat the $120!!

mrcrowson
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I had a VERY simple logo done for my father's company by these guys.. they do pretty good work though!

www.thelogocompany.net

Can't beat the $120!!

THANKS!

I will take a look into it

mrcrowson
04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
The Company name is Ambient Lighting. All I want to do is have a nice font with a Landscape path light for a letter, either an I or the T in Ambient. The light would have the light ray shining down below the font.

This example looks bad but is the best I could do with the programs here at work.