PDA

View Full Version : Cross Reference Part Numbers for Crusader Engine

pmott
04-13-2007, 12:43 AM
I have the 2006 5.7L Crusader engine in my x-star and am trying to locate a cross reference for the oil filter. The part number is Crusader22679. I would like to use a Mobil 1 or K&N filter.

Also, what is the part number for a replacement impeller? Is it the same as the 5.7L Indmar engine?

My dealer was no help with this engine. They told me it was the same as on the Indmar engine which obviously was not correct. Crusader used a relocation kit to move the filter to the top of the engine. Also, mastercraft and PCM were contacted and no help there either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sodar
04-13-2007, 01:04 AM
I know nothing about these motors, other than that they are bulletproof in a salt environment. Here is a bump for you.

Did you find anything on Crusader's site? (http://www.crusaderengines.com/) If they are anything like Indmar, they offer customer support through the "Contact Us" section... worth a try!

Next step would be to search for a Crusader Marine Mechanic... I now that most shipyards around her have a couple mechanics floating around that could help ya out...

Good Luck!

BrianM
04-13-2007, 09:42 AM
This is just from memory which may very well be wrong but most of the filter relocation setups I have seen use a long Ford small block filter a la 351/302/289. Take it off and take it to your local Napa. They will get you the right one.

X45owner
04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Be carefull when you cross reference. I crossed reference mine to use the Wix oil filter. It wouldn't line up because the bottom was hitting a bolt. When I measured it to the prior oilf fliter it was 1/4" longer. Anybody else have this problem?

G-man
04-13-2007, 11:34 AM
It may be like the PCM engine a Chevy block with a relocation kit using a Ford/Motorcraft FL1A filter I didn't know Crusader engine where used in MC's anytime recently

BrianM
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I didn't know Crusader engine where used in MC's anytime recently

Saltwater Series

G-man
04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Saltwater Series

Now it makes sense Thanks. Another reason to like fresh water.

Knowing this you would think a dealer in Houston near saltwater would have a clue what filter to use.

pmott
04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
You would thing so but mine was the first saltwater series boat they sold last year. I found a local place that sells Crusader parts but they are the only one in Houston.

It shouldn't be that difficult for a MC rep or dealer to give me part numbers for an oil filter and impeller so I can go to any auto store and marine store to get these parts.

There is nothing wrong with running a boat in brackish orsalt water, even a non salt water series boat as long as they are flushed properly and thoroughly cleaned each time they go out.

TMCNo1
04-13-2007, 03:45 PM
pmott,
Have you tried the Crusader website that you have been given?

pmott
04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I checked their website before I even posted here. And yes, I have been through every file on the cd that came with the engine.

This is not my first boat. I never had a problem locating parts and/or part numbers my previous 3 wakeboard boats (2 Malibu and 1 MC)

TMCNo1
04-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I checked their website before I even posted here. And yes, I have been through every file on the cd that came with the engine.

This is not my first boat. I never had a problem locating parts and/or part numbers my previous 3 wakeboard boats (2 Malibu and 1 MC)

You are dealing with a whole different animal here with the Crudsader engine than before. MasterCraft does not stock replacement parts for the Crusader engines and it is the responsibility of the dealer to get you what you need, but this Crusader manual may help, http://www.crusaderengines.com/manuals/L510012-06.pdf I hope this helps! As far as cross reference #'s on the part #'s, you are on your own there, the dealers are not in the business of giving you the part #'s of other brands for the crusader #'s. I would suggest you use these part #'s and just order the parts from a Crusader dealer and be done with it. A Indmar impeller WILL NOT work on the Crusader Raw water pump.

Jim@BAWS
04-13-2007, 11:26 PM
You are dealing with a whole different animal here with the Crudsader engine than before. MasterCraft does not stock replacement parts for the Crusader engines and it is the responsibility of the dealer to get you what you need.

Harold...how do you know that???

TMCNo1
04-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Harold...how do you know that???

I sent you a pm.