PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Perfect Pass "surging" issue

Vegas X-Star
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I had an 2002 X-10 that I installed a perfect pass system on myself. This system worked perfectly...never off by more than .2 MPH. Not sure on the version, but it was the one that allowed you to enter the rider's name.

I bought an '05 X-Star a year ago and always have problems with the Perfect Pass. When you reach speed, it will take over and beep. Then the speed will fluctuate between 16 to 24 MPH. This does not happen every time, maybe 50% of days I use it.

Another factor seems to be if the boat is really weighed down with people. It gets really aggrevating. The only solution I have found is to go to RPM mode.

I think this might be a common problem with the 05's since a friend with an '05 X-Star had the same problems. The dealership has looked at it a time or two but as you would expect it doesn't happen when they take it out. Any ideas, solutions or similar experiences? Thanks.

Jeff

MYMC
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Yet another reason to be a memeber:
http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?postid=4550&forum=10&category=2

dougau
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Jeff
I have an '06 X2 and was having the same problems that have almost gone away by increasing the control settings to 850 on Mike's advice. You will have to play with them and see what works for your boat best.

I still have an intermittent problem and will be doing the grounding part next week.

good luck

Diesel
04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
05 was the first year for the PP and DBW. They never could get mine to work properly and it did the same thing you described. My dealer finally replaced the entire unit under warranty and I have not had any problems since.

Vegas X-Star
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Guys - Thanks, I will try that out.