PDA

View Full Version : Old or out of touch

kjohnson
04-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Am I just old or out of touch with reality? I was looking for an Obrien waterski T shirt and all I could find were wakeboarding T shirts.

KnoxX2
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I would say OLD and out of touch................JK

kjohnson
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
That was a rhetorical question!

88 PS190
04-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Show me the money!

That's what it is all about.

Slalom skiers in the grand scheme of Obrien sales... not a huge part of it.

Personally I've been driven off of Obrien's products,

The top sheet has started coming up on 3 obrien skis, their bindings aren't durable, and their fin clamp is a ruddy nightmare.

east tx skier
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
This will make you feel better. From D3skis.com

http://www.d3skis.com/images/newer/2006Products/outerwear/Easy-T-Blk-Back.jpg

/no offense intended to the wakeboarders. Your sport is plenty difficult. You guys get almost all of the boats and tshirts, let us have just this one.

G-man
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
If you have to ask it's probably true.

betsy&david Harrison
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM

/no offense intended to the wakeboarders. Your sport is plenty difficult. You guys get almost all of the boats and tshirts, let us have just this one.
Very funny! I'm wearing this same shirt right now;)

endl
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
What are these things you guys keep calling Skis.....?????

Diesel
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Show me the money!
The top sheet has started coming up on 3 obrien skis

Who cares, You don't ski on the top sheet anyway. :D

ski_king
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
What are these things you guys keep calling Skis.....?????
Something like a wakeboard, but narrower, faster and more responsive. It is actually designed to stay on the water instead of hopping around like a frog on steriods.

endl
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Something like a wakeboard, but narrower, faster and more responsive. It is actually designed to stay on the water instead of hopping around like a frog on steriods.
Yeah, I am still not following you.....although that hopping is starting to hurt....from what I can remember wiping out on a slalom was not much better.....

I am going for the low impact wakesurfing this year......

Kjohnson did you try Overtons they always have lots of Obrien stuff.

dapicatti
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
skiing...people actually still do that???? (just kidding)

Blair
04-13-2007, 12:31 AM
haha i dont think its you...

i work at a board / ski shop and i dont think ive ever seen a ski t-shirt... but i think thats just because the number of people that would buy it wouldnt be that large...

JKTX21
04-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Haha, you're old!

But seriously, if I saw someone rocking a sweet slalom shirt, I'd know what's up. I've just recently gained some perspective for the slalom. It def. tests your strength quickly. I can always ride switch if I get tired on a wakeboard.

Leroy
04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Ha, old and out of touch!! 8p I looked also and maybe you just need to make your own.

ggroller
04-13-2007, 08:50 AM

Ha ha ha

That's awesome. I have to get me one of those.

corey
04-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I know we have H.O. slalom apparel and I think we have one style of Obrien ski shirt. I'll check when I get in today, I actually designed a slalom shirt that we sell, I'm pretty proud of it. It's not our best seller but we mover through them ok.

JohnE
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
How about someone making some T's with the logo that ETS has as his avatar? Which I think came from Rod, but I'm not sure.

shepherd
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
How about someone making some T's with the logo that ETS has as his avatar? Which I think came from Rod, but I'm not sure.

I actually thought about that - I already had decals made from it for my trailer. You can buy iron-on decal paper at an office supply store and print out any image you want onto it from your computer, and then put it on your shirt. I've never tried it before, and it would be an iron-on so it probably wouldn't last too long.

corey
04-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Found it, we have this Obrien shirt

Jesus_Freak
04-13-2007, 12:43 PM

I like this along with the person in decal "S1" shown on post#2 here:
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14587

Also, I have an old Connelly shirt that has a cool skier. I think I have had it 7+ years.

JohnE
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I actually thought about that - I already had decals made from it for my trailer. You can buy iron-on decal paper at an office supply store and print out any image you want onto it from your computer, and then put it on your shirt. I've never tried it before, and it would be an iron-on so it probably wouldn't last too long.

So where did you get the logo? Did it originate from Rod? I'd love to get some decals for the trailer, too. IIRC, this started with some window stickers for the trucks? I'm spending a lot of time on here lately, but that's fairly recent. So I'm not up to speed on everything.

shepherd
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
So where did you get the logo? Did it originate from Rod? I'd love to get some decals for the trailer, too. IIRC, this started with some window stickers for the trucks? I'm spending a lot of time on here lately, but that's fairly recent. So I'm not up to speed on everything.

I believe the logo originated with Rod. I got some jpg and pdf files of it from another member. Check out p. 26 of this thread to see a trailer decal application.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12550&page=26

TX.X-30 fan
04-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I think the Smithsonian has a ski exhibit with some of the equipment and apparel from that point in history. 8p :toast: :popcorn:

JohnE
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I believe the logo originated with Rod. I got some jpg and pdf files of it from another member. Check out p. 26 of this thread to see a trailer decal application.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12550&page=26

That looks great Shep.

shepherd
04-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks John.

OK, back to old T-shirts. You old school guys remember this one? It's about 10 years old.

JohnnyB
04-14-2007, 10:52 AM
If you look at any equipment catalog (Overton's, barts, etc) and walk through most boat showrooms, you'll see that Slalom and Barefoot skiers are becoming a smaller and smaller market segment in the rec boating industry.

Last time I was in a large MC dealership, there were two slalom boats (a 197 and a 214) and countless X boats.

The catalogs have pages of wakeboard and toobing stuff but only a few pages of slalom skis, gloves, etc.

Yup, you're old and out of touch....

You're a dying breed of speed freaks like me that don't understand the slow pace of boarding. I try it from time to time but it doesn't give me the fix that ripping up the water on my slalom or screamin' along on my bare feet can give me!!!

ski_king
04-14-2007, 11:04 AM
My favorite T-Shirt was from Pro Line (manufacture of ropes)

It simply said.
"Proline
The grip that will get you by the balls"

JohnnyB
04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
"Proline
The grip that will get you by the balls"

Love it!!!!

kjohnson
04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I would love to have one of those pro Line t-shirts.