PDA

View Full Version : Garages

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Ryan
01-24-2005, 02:16 AM
I'd love to see some unique garages/places people store their MasterCraft.

The hardest thing about owning my boat isn't the gas money, it's getting it in and out. My boat should have come with a shoe horn. There is a lot of manuvering back and forth over and over. I had to put on a lift kit (convex springs) and it still scrapes a little.

Some envy those with nice docks. I can't wait to move. I just wish I had a normal driveway!

Ryan
01-24-2005, 02:17 AM
a few more minutes go by

Ryan
01-24-2005, 02:20 AM
just a little longer

Ryan
01-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Saturday was easy. There are usually more cars back here. "Roll it in and out", you might think. But a 1' rise over 6' is a steep grade and would send this boat slaming through my alley neighbors garage door. I'm nearly touching it with my bumper in the above shot.

milkmania
01-24-2005, 03:41 AM
http://www.wilcherish.com/cardshop/quotes/pics/anon9.jpg

means to say...........

I have no garage:cry:

:)

BriEOD
01-24-2005, 06:40 AM
I think I would try and put that baby away by hand. I see their is a bit of an incline their but if your wife or a friend were there to help you, you could probably manage it without doing a 74 point turn.

Mag_Red
01-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Definate pain in the ***! Have you ever thought of installing a ball on the front of your truck?? It would make manuvering much easier. On a side note, my garage is up on a hill. When I pull the Corvette in the garage, there is less than a 3/8" between the rocker panel and the drive way when the car is half the way in. :steering:

BriEOD
01-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Mag,

If you don't already have one you need the t-shirt that says: "He who dies with the most toys wins." :uglyhamme

jimmer2880
01-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Definate pain in the ***! Have you ever thought of installing a ball on the front of your truck?? It would make manuvering much easier.....

I'll second that one. Putting it on the front, you may be able to put it in with 1/2 the turns once you're used to it.

ski_king
01-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll second that one. Putting it on the front, you may be able to put it in with 1/2 the turns once you're used to it.
I had a simular problem once.
I used a $100 Garden Tractor that I picked up at a yard sale. It made it much easier.
Wish I still had that problem, don't have a garage now.

bradamerry
01-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I had a simular problem once.
I used a $100 Garden Tractor that I picked up at a yard sale. It made it much easier.
Wish I still had that problem, don't have a garage now.
A small tractor or a 4 wheeler would help, anything smaller.

BriEOD
01-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I have a Honda Rancher 4 -wheeler and I'm not sure it would be a big help. All of that weight in the back will lift the front wheels and make it tougher to steer.

Jerseydave
01-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Like powerslot82 says, get a cheap garden tractor and back it right in.

Just imagine if your SUV was only 5 feet long!

east tx skier
01-24-2005, 11:00 AM
No way a garden tractor would get my boat up my driveway (but I feel fortunate looking at Ryan's pictures.

Best thing I ever did was follow NSXBill's example and mark the parked boat's position in my garage with tape, with straight lines coming forward from that point. I can now put it 97% in with no spotter, then roll it back to the point just before it hits the wall.

/boat has to go in at an angle. Cars sleep in the driveway.

aprgriggs
01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I wish that you could find a storage unit that has tall doors, so I don't have to put the tower down everytime. Next time I build a house I am adding a 12 ft door. That should solve my problem.

Ryan
01-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Before I got the boat I cut some 1x2's, made a small frame and walked the process many times to be sure it would work. The first time, um, when I couldn't get it out we tried it by hand and that boat picked up speed so fast it wsa crazy. Then we could not push it back up. That was an interesting day.

Options I've seriously looked into.
-Lawn tractor - one strong enough won't fit with the boat in there.
-Electric trailer dolley, $1000, and I don't have electric brakes.
-Bolt a block and tackle to the floor - take an hour to pull in/let out.
-Bolting a winch to the floor - don't own the place concrete floor is thin
-Front mounted hitch, none for 4Runner, ugly options from local machinst - U turns in the alley are as much of a pain.
-Buy a Suzuki Samuri to cart the boat in and out - I'd have to insure the dumb thing.

-MOVE - We have a winner!

A pain? Yes. Worth every second of trouble? Yes!
This is how bad I want to ski every week.

Ben
01-24-2005, 11:45 AM
If you've seriously considered a winch, that sounds like the best idea. 3 holes in the floor should be sufficient, not too bog of a deal, you can patch them when you move. Another idea may be to hook the winch very low on the wall. I can't tell if the walls are block or framed from the picture. If they are framed, you could hook to the bottom plate and have enough of a base to pull the boat in that way.

I'd also recommend finding a really heavy duty caster of some sort and pulling it in tongue 1st. Just drive straight up the alley to the spot where "someone" painted "X's" in the steet, unhook and rotate trailer 90 deg, then pull it straight in the garage (if you can fit it lengthwise). If you had two people & a fast winch, this seems like it would be quick & easy, the winch will control speed up/down the slope.

Added thought: Another way to mount the winch would be to use wood to make a frame that pushes on the inside front of the garage door opening at the floor. Basically, lay 2x4's down from the front to the back of the garage, then make a slightly more substantial crossmember in the back of the garage to mount the winch to. This would be a pain and be a bit rigged, but would allow something for the winch to mount to that is non-permanent.

bcampbe7
01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
I would move... I'm not a city person though.
Cost of living may be an issue in California though. For what you have out there you could probably have 5000+ sq ft house on 10+ acres here in Tennessee (plenty of room to pull the boat in). Hell in a 5000+ sq ft house you could probably turn the boat around in the kitchen if you wanted. :)

tph
01-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I put together a setup similar to what Ben described. The Power winch is mounted to the back wall of the garage and a pulley with the cable threaded through it is mounted to the floor.
I simply get the back end of the trailer close to the garage opening, strap the end of the winch cable to the prop gard on the trailer and walk it right in.

jimmer2880
01-25-2005, 05:53 AM
Either way... I feel for you man. That's gotta stink to go through all that 'riggin just to get your boat tucked away.:(

tex
01-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Ryan-It sucks to see someone has it as bad as I do. I have to back my into an alley and make just as sharp as a turn. I have to back across a street to get lined up and turn over some grass. I have a 2 1/2 car garage. The 1/2 is added depth that lets me put my 197 in without removing tongue or platform. People freak when the watch me back it in. It is a bit#h but worth it to have mine tucked away.

Ryan
01-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I have some 'mad skills' after doing this many times. It used to be a 74 point turn but I've got it down to around a 7 point turn. I have gotten used to it. When my wife finally caved and gave the go ahead she had only two requirements, lots of horsepower so no one has trouble getting up (my scheming worked!) and it has to be kept in the garage.

I may be taking a promotion and transfer to Denver in the next few months. Three car garage & driveway here I come!

sfitzgerald351
01-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Wow! I thought backing into my long narrow driveway (2" to the chain link fence, 4" to the porch) from a narrow street was bad, but since I can usually do it in one shot now if I'm carefull I guess I have it easy! I guess I should admit that I keep a large supply of the side marker lights on hand because I knock a few off every season when the boat decides to get 'friendly' with the fence or porch.

JimN
01-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Three cars? Why stop there? Nice starter, though.

loeweb
01-25-2005, 12:54 PM
how much length does a 190 take up as opposed to a 205

east tx skier
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Early 90s 205 without removing the swim platform, you're going to need about 23 feet.

An early 90s (91-94) 190 is only 1 foot shorter. Assuming the trailer is different, the answer is one foot.

But my guess is that the trailers aren't too different in their lengths, so my best educated answer is less than a foot.

Boat lengths without the platform/trailer is 20'5" for the 205 and 19'5" for the 190 of that era.

AirJunky
01-25-2005, 06:37 PM
I have a 21' long RV parking space on the side of the house. The 205 fits in there with inches to spare... with a hole in the gate for the tongue to stick out a few inches. I'm hoping to build a carport over it soon & will of course do it just a few inches over the tower when it's up.

east tx skier
01-26-2005, 10:48 AM
AJ, is that with the platform removed?

AirJunky
01-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually the retaining wall at the back of the RV stall is only about 2' tall so the swimstep is over the top of it. I'd move the wall but the gas & power lines to the house are inside it. I had to place a piece of railroad tie on the ground so the prop guard would be the first thing to hit....... after I smacked one of the speedo pickups a few weeks after moving in.
So from the wall to the gate is just inches over 21'. The tongue sticks out of the gate a bit less than a foot, which leaves just barely enough room to step over the tongue between the bow & the gate.

sizzler
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
this was my garage for my 200...

sizzler
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
my first ever picture post.......hooray :toast:

MarkP
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Congratulations sizzler..:wavey:

Oh, nice shot too:toast:
my first ever picture post.......hooray :toast:

tex
04-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Here is my 197 tucked away. Normal garage condition. I did not clean it up to make it look nice for the picture.

MarkP
04-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Nice shot

Looks like mine except I donít have the shelves so my gear hangs right on the ladder

tex
04-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Nice shot

Looks like mine except I donít have the shelves so my gear hangs right on the ladder

When you own around 12 wetsuits and no telling how many skis-you need racks to hold your chit.

Ric
04-26-2005, 10:40 AM
painted floor, beer fridge, tv

Here is my 197 tucked away. Normal garage condition. I did not clean it up to make it look nice for the picture.

tex
04-26-2005, 10:44 AM
painted floor, beer fridge, tv

Thanks-if you look over the boat, you will see my ski racks. We were the first house built on our block. Every night, I would go through the scrap piles of the other homes for wood. I built all of my racks from my neighbor's trash. May not be pretty-but the price was right!

Larryp
04-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks-if you look over the boat, you will see my ski racks. We were the first house built on our block. Every night, I would go through the scrap piles of the other homes for wood. I built all of my racks from my neighbor's trash. May not be pretty-but the price was right!
I believe that is called the midnight lumber yard

jraben8
04-26-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm laughing but it looks exactly like mine. I have a 96" door to get my 195 into. 1" to spare on each side of the trailer and it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to back it up the driveway and avoid the gas meters on the other side of the alley. At least it is inside.

ski_king
04-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Looks good Tex.
Nice quad.
How close does the folded tower come to the door? Looks close!

Ric
04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I've thought of overhead ski racks but am also thinking of a ceiling fan there. I'm afraid either of them would be head banger.
Maybe an a/c unit in the garage to keep my baby cool and dry :(
I can't find it quick but there was a guy from AR on here that had carpet under his porsche and windows and the whole nine in his garage.

boatwake
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Ryan, I feel for you. To solve the problem I bought a powered dolly. It is now easier than I could have ever imagined. http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1371&page=25&pp=10

I believe that "rodltg2" also bought one and has become a big fan.

Storm861triple
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Here's my boat's cozy home...

Storm861triple
04-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Second pic...

east tx skier
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Thomas, how deep is the bay in which your boat is parked? Is the platform removed?

AirJunky
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
....... also thinking of a ceiling fan there. I'm afraid either of them would be head banger.

Hehe, the visual here would be a riot though! :eek:

Ric
04-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Second pic...
very nice
what? you have a total of three items crowding that enormous amount of shelving?!

tex
04-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Looks good Tex.
Nice quad.
How close does the folded tower come to the door? Looks close!
i can actually back it all the way in. when it is jacked up to unhitch-about 1". i also have a mean turn to get in.

Storm861triple
04-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Thomas, how deep is the bay in which your boat is parked? Is the platform removed?

The garage is 25' wide x 30' deep, so the boat fits easily w/the swim platform on. I took it off for the winter to "tuck it in" further, but it does fit easily w/the platform on. That was an absolutely unflexible feature in my house buying specs... the garage HAD to fit the boat, otherwise, I wouldn't buy it (the house). Every house my realtor took me to, the first thing I'd do is walk into the garage w/my tape measure. If it was too shallow, we were out of there. Next house please. The realtor didn't "get it" for awhile...he kept showing me houses w/tiny, useless "garages". I finally made it clear buy saying to him, "What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!" After that he got the point. :D

very nice
what? you have a total of three items crowding that enormous amount of shelving?!
LOL. That was RIGHT after I closed and the boat was the first thing I moved over there. I backed my truck in for the pic. I can assure you there is more stuff in there now. :)

lsupcar
04-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Thomas, nice garage. Do you have a wider angle pic? Is that an eight foot tall garage door? Thanks. Bill Z

erkoehler
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Nice shots guys!

Granite_33
04-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I hate to say it, but having a bro-in-law with an extra bay is way nice. :) He is well compensated in his beverage of choice for the winter.

I actually have two options now.......my father in law just built an additional 2 car garage. 30x40 ft. His toon boat is in there with room to spare whenever I lose the other bay.

Either way.......... :woohoo: :headbang: :banana:

MarkP
04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I love those tall a$$ garages:headbang:

Iím going to have to bight the bullet and go ahead and get a shot of mine. Not tall and crap all over the place:o

tex
04-27-2005, 09:02 AM
I hate to say it, but having a bro-in-law with an extra bay is way nice. :) He is well compensated in his beverage of choice for the winter.

I actually have two options now.......my father in law just built an additional 2 car garage. 30x40 ft. His toon boat is in there with room to spare whenever I lose the other bay.

Either way.......... :woohoo: :headbang: :banana:

nice to not have to fold the tower down!

EFiles
04-27-2005, 09:29 AM
[QUOTI hate to say it, but having a bro-in-law with an extra bay is way nice. :) He is well compensated in his beverage of choice for the winter.

Either way.......... :[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what ceiling height is that? A nice big garage/shop building is one of those "someday" items for me. As in "someday I'm going to buy an X-9 w/ a tower". ;) I've just about decided on length & width but I'm not sure about height.

H2OGirl
04-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Granite, nice....don't have to fold the tower down, we wish. The boat fits in our garage, barely with the swim deck on and the tounge folded. It does get old folding down that tower. I'd post some pictures but, ahh, I don't have a boat yet, it's still gone. When I get one home though I'll post some.

Storm861triple
04-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Thomas, nice garage. Do you have a wider angle pic? Is that an eight foot tall garage door? Thanks. Bill Z

Thanks. It's the reason I bought the house. :) It is an 8' high door, and the rafters inside are 10' high.

I don't have a wider angle pic that will download to this site. I had to crop those pics to the point you see above, just to post them. :(

-Tom

Ryan
04-27-2005, 01:18 PM
"What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!"

I LOVE IT!

NSXBill
04-27-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm laughing but it looks exactly like mine. I have a 96" door to get my 195 into. 1" to spare on each side of the trailer and it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to back it up the driveway and avoid the gas meters on the other side of the alley. At least it is inside.
Know the feeling. I have a 107" door to get my 105" rig thru.

BriEOD
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
I finally made it clear buy saying to him, "What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!"

That's good stuff!! :worthy:

ski_king
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
"What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!"

I LOVE IT!
My neighbor has that. About 6 cars, a boat, 2 PWC's, a quad, 2 Harleys, all in his basement garage.

Crash
04-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I am getting my baby on Saturday to put in my new garage. I am already installing shelves for 'stuff' and ceiling fans on a timer to dry her out. And now based on the previous posts, I'll stripe the floor for wheel alignment and something (not sure what) for overhead ski hanging...

What other interesting garage features have people done for their toy and 'stuff'?

NSXBill
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Our double-deep-on-one-side basement garage was one of the main (if not THE main) feature that made us want to buy the house. Door is tight for the PS 209 though.

tex
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I am getting my baby on Saturday to put in my new garage. I am already installing shelves for 'stuff' and ceiling fans on a timer to dry her out. And now based on the previous posts, I'll stripe the floor for wheel alignment and something (not sure what) for overhead ski hanging...

What other interesting garage features have people done for their toy and 'stuff'?
on the bottom of my wood ski racks, i screwed in small hooks to hang my ropes from.

Ric
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I was a cheapo. I got some cheap shelf brackets and mounted them on the wall and covered them with pipe insulation.... viola' ski racks!

tex
04-27-2005, 04:26 PM
I was a cheapo. I got some cheap shelf brackets and mounted them on the wall and covered them with pipe insulation.... viola' ski racks!

I've skied in shows that did that. I had my old garage rigged the same way. I just wanted to save space. This way, I can stand in the boat and put my skis up in the racks above the boat!

AirJunky
04-27-2005, 08:52 PM
While the boat is outside the garage in the RV stall (soon to have a 10.5' tall carport over it), heres the area designated for all the ski gear.

erkoehler
04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Looks good, that is a VERY bright pink wetsuit.

Leroy
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I have a 4 car garage, but not deep enough for a 230VRS, makes me with I had a 19x so it would fit.

Nice pix all!

erkoehler
04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Put it in and turn it sideways! Theres got to be a way.....

tex
04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
While the boat is outside the garage in the RV stall (soon to have a 10.5' tall carport over it), heres the area designated for all the ski gear.
Where do you keep your sky ski? I need a better place for mine!

AirJunky
04-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Where do you keep your sky ski? I need a better place for mine!
The skis sit on the far left side, on a shelf about 3' off the ground, foil hanging off the end. Guess I'll have to raise that shelf when the new B39 comes!!

Maristar210
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
The realtor didn't "get it" for awhile...he kept showing me houses w/tiny, useless "garages". I finally made it clear buy saying to him, "What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!" After that he got the point. :D

Now there's a man that speaks my language. Well done.
btw:Most real estate people I know are recent grad's of the used car salesmen position anyway. :eek:

Steve

jimmer2880
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
The realtor didn't "get it" for awhile...he kept showing me houses w/tiny, useless "garages". I finally made it clear buy saying to him, "What I'm really looking for is a GARAGE, with a bathroom, and a place to sleep!" After that he got the point. :D

Now there's a man that speaks my language. Well done.
btw:Most real estate people I know are recent grad's of the used car salesmen position anyway. :eek:

Steve

:uglyhamme

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Used car salesmen, just great people! So honest and trustworthy. :noface:

LakePirate
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
We have one as Mayor. He was a used car salesman before he took office.

tex
04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
We have one as Mayor. He was a used car salesman before he took office.
my wife has relatives in Macon. They own an RV lot. Maybe they could be on the city council?

LakePirate
04-28-2005, 05:26 PM
It would be an improvement

JEREMY79
04-28-2005, 06:26 PM
dont you love city polotics

Ric
04-28-2005, 06:55 PM
my wife has relatives in Macon. They own an RV lot. Maybe they could be on the city council?
can they rent me one?

Cloaked
04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Thread officially jacked... :rant:

:D

JEREMY79
04-28-2005, 07:05 PM
see thread jacking thread

Cloaked
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
see thread jacking threadDid....Doesn't do this thread any good... :uglyhamme :D

JEREMY79
04-28-2005, 08:00 PM
well no, but its still fun

Ric
04-28-2005, 08:00 PM
where is it? I lost it

JEREMY79
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
off topic b

Granite_33
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
[QUOTI hate to say it, but having a bro-in-law with an extra bay is way nice. :) He is well compensated in his beverage of choice for the winter.

Either way.......... :

Just curious, what ceiling height is that? A nice big garage/shop building is one of those "someday" items for me. As in "someday I'm going to buy an X-9 w/ a tower". ;) I've just about decided on length & width but I'm not sure about height.[/QUOTE]
Door height is I think 12 or just a shade under.......
Not putting the tower down is nice....kinda.....we had to drop it on the way in due to the door height being off by about 6". Once in, no problem.

I'm in Vegas right now..........so time to cut it and go donate some money!!!!

Cheers!!

tex
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
can they rent me one?
Strictly sales.

tex
05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
here are my homemade ski racks. like i said, not pretty, but they do the job!

Ric
05-02-2005, 09:49 AM
cool idea, my garage is not nearly that tall though
you keepin the broken ski handle for braggin rights?

JEREMY79
05-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm going to have to do something like that. I really like the banner.

tex
05-02-2005, 05:02 PM
cool idea, my garage is not nearly that tall though
you keepin the broken ski handle for braggin rights?

It is the one that I put my arm through at Sea World-torn/crushed bicep, broken arm (3 places). i touch the handle before I go out each time. It reminds me that no matter how good it is-it can get real bad real quick! Keeps me on my toes!

east tx skier
05-02-2005, 05:17 PM

Apparently, I'm cheaper. I saw no need for pipe insulation.

Ric
05-02-2005, 05:20 PM
It is the one that I put my arm through at Sea World-torn/crushed bicep, broken arm (3 places). i touch the handle before I go out each time. It reminds me that no matter how good it is-it can get real bad real quick! Keeps me on my toes!
There had to be a story there...

just the thought of it

AirJunky
05-02-2005, 05:41 PM

just the thought of it
Thats actually a fairly common injury..... at least the 4th guy I've known of who did it. In fact, a friend of mine invented a handle mod to keep your arms out of there.

......oops....... THREADJACKED! :headbang:

Ric
05-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I think I have seen that on jager's site?

east tx skier
05-02-2005, 05:50 PM

just the thought of it

Ric, that avatar rules!

Leroy
05-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Very nice tex, I did close, hung two 8' 2x4's from the ceiling and that holds all of our snow skiis, snowboards, skiis, wakebords, and crosscountry skiis.....

JEREMY79
05-02-2005, 07:56 PM
I love that handle. Whole lot more skier friendly

BriEOD
05-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I need like a 5 car garage. Or, better yet how about a barn or a warehouse. I can get my boat into the garage but I have to remove the platform and then push it until the brackets are on the sheetrock. Then the garage door shuts literally by like an inch. Plus, I get to hear my wife complain about playing musical cars because we have a drive way that breaks 90 degrees. So, the boat spends 75% of the time outside. I purchased a cover like the one in BrianM's profile that is waterline and cover the platform (skiboatcovers.com). But, to hold my toys I made this out of some 2x4's I had left over from when I closed in a room on the back of my house. I bought a dowel rod and some hooks and it works well. I stand the skis up behind the jackets etc, on a piece of rug. I also made some heavy duty hangers by taking 2 wire hangers and putting a piece of pipe insulation over them and then zip tieing it tight. It's better than buying $5 wooden hangers to hold wetsuits, etc.

peason
05-03-2005, 02:14 AM
When we built our house, I added 4 feet to the garage depth to fit my '84 Nautique - that didn't have a swivel tongue on the trailer. Now that we have the '02 209 with a swivel tongue it fits on the 3rd stall with the platform off. The only problem is that I did not consider the width of any trailer when I built - only conselation is that I was already as wide as I could go considering the lot lines. Now I have to back inthe boat through the double garage and then "play" it back and foerth to get it into the third stall. During the summer I just park it in the 2nd & 3rd stall and leave one vehicle outside. Works great - except for having to lower the tower every time - but it beats the heck out of not having a boat!

erkoehler
05-03-2005, 03:48 AM
How wide does the garage have to be in order to get the boat in? I am curious as to whether or not a boat would even fit in our garage.

jimmer2880
05-03-2005, 07:09 AM
How wide does the garage have to be in order to get the boat in? I am curious as to whether or not a boat would even fit in our garage.

Mine is 9' wide and that's about all the closer I want it. You could probably get away with 8'6" - but then that wouldn't be a standard door.

9x7 is my opening for my PS190 with no tower. That's as small as I would want to go.

Ric
05-03-2005, 10:35 AM
you really need the seller to tell you the measurement for that. Trailers vary in width a bit from mfg I think

sfitzgerald351
05-03-2005, 11:30 AM
All this talk of garages has me jealous... Here's my garage. I have about 2" to spare between the neighbor's fence and my porch to back through. And then I have to schlep all my gear into the basement. I can't wait to have a real garage!

jimmer2880
05-03-2005, 12:16 PM
All this talk of garages has me jealous... Here's my garage. I have about 2" to spare between the neighbor's fence and my porch to back through. And then I have to schlep all my gear into the basement. I can't wait to have a real garage!

with all that snow, looks like you have an igloo for at least part of the year! Does that count as a garage?

LakePirate
05-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Got 89 Tristar in my garage last night so I can work on the restoration. I had to do a little Deconstruction. I was 2 inches shy of closing the door so out somes the recipricating saw and away with the sheetrock, much to the dismay of the wife. I will post some pics when I find that camera.

jimmer2880
05-04-2005, 05:52 AM
.... so out somes the recipricating saw and away with the sheetrock, much to the dismay of the wife. I will post some pics when I find that camera.

That's my boy Blue!

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 06:13 AM
WOW, :worthy:

BriEOD
05-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Big Balls Dude!

LakePirate
05-04-2005, 10:19 AM
When we moved in I brought her out to the garage and said look around....this is mine, then I pointed to the door back into the house....Everything in there is yours to do with what you want....I then put up my Budweiser Banner and the tool chest...Of course I have a room that is pepto pink in the house, but what can you do???

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, I finally got a shot of my setup. Nothing too special, but it is what it is.

Footin
05-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Hey Doug, I see your bimini hanging up in the garage, could you please get some measurements off it?

I need the width of the mounts at the bottom and the height unfolded.

Thanks.

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, I finally got a shot of my setup. Nothing too special, but it is what it is.

I wish my garage was that organized!

Ric
05-04-2005, 02:30 PM
boatless .

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Nope, thats me! :D

Ryan
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
I considered mounting a doggy-door into the garage door for the trailer tongue to protrude through just so that I don't have to take off the swim platform...Maybe a simpler solution than reomoving drywall. But, I suppose it's cheaper to repair/replace drywall than it is a garage door when it comes time to sell.

Ryan
05-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey EastTx

What brand are your black and grey slalom bags? I just got a new Verdict and it didn't fit in Obrien's current bag, the bindings are too tall and I don't want to mash them down to get it in.

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
My brother has one that looks just like the grey/black one pictured and it is an HO

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey Doug, I see your bimini hanging up in the garage, could you please get some measurements off it?

I need the width of the mounts at the bottom and the height unfolded.

Thanks.

I thought of you this morning when I took that picture. I'll measure tonight without fail.

boatless .

Not any more. I took that right before I backed it in.

Hey EastTx

What brand are your black and grey slalom bags? I just got a new Verdict and it didn't fit in Obrien's current bag, the bindings are too tall and I don't want to mash them down to get it in.

The two on the bottom right are both the HO universal slalom bags. The thicker gray bag above them is an O'Brien combo bag. The gray and black one on the left is an O'Brien slalom bag.

Ric
05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I thought of you this morning when I took that picture. I'll measure tonight without fail.

Not any more. I took that right before I backed it in.

The two on the bottom right are both the HO universal slalom bags. The thicker gray bag above them is an O'Brien combo bag. The gray and black one on the left is an O'Brien slalom bag.
I do see why you left out the pipe insulation. You actually use the slalom bag!

east tx skier
05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah. The racks for the rarely used wakeboard and kneeboard have a rubber coating to keep them from slipping though.

Crash
05-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Thank you all for your input and pictures. I finally finished the area for my boat and it's accessories. The box fan will be replaced with a ceiling fan with a timer during the off season. I stumbled across a board with lots of coat hooks so I hung it to easily hang stuff to dry over head. The last thing to do is paint stripe the floor for quick parking into the exact location. Luckly everyting fits great and I can even walk behind the platform (pure luck).

Thanks again.

Crash
05-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Love the garage! Used to store boat on driveway, and had to empty and cover 'her' all the time. Especially like the painted line on floor (not in picture) some one recommended to ensure you back into the same exact spot, worked great!! Thanks all.

Tom023
05-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Rent-a-garage for me, but it is close by. I only wish it had a door high enough not to have to fold the tower.

Leroy
05-22-2005, 10:21 AM
OK, I know this thread was somehow started by my wife just to embarrass me, I may just have to take a picture to show you.....

Crash
05-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Leroy, let's see it...come on...

bradamerry
05-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Looks like I might have just bought a garage today :confused: !

Crash
05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Why? What do you mean? :confused:

redmike
05-22-2005, 11:27 PM
here is my mess/ i mean garage

bradamerry
05-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Why? What do you mean? :confused:
Looks like a new house!!! If you see my camper on ebay next week, which you will, means a done deal.... I have already sold the duck boat :( !

Leroy
05-22-2005, 11:31 PM
New house?

It's coming tomorrow Crash.

bradamerry
05-22-2005, 11:34 PM
New house?

It's coming tomorrow Crash.
It's alright.... Mom and dad, or should I say MOM, said we can use their Motorhome anytime!!!! She has all the money anyway.... :worthy: Brandy did say the duck boat and camper could go to buy the house, but not the MASTERCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

east tx skier
05-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Congrats, Brad! Hope it has a deep bay for the boat.

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Rent-a-garage for me, but it is close by. I only wish it had a door high enough not to have to fold the tower.
I'm in the same situation. Rent-a-garage. Ours does not have to be folded down; it's a 14' foot entrance - fits real nice. I'll try to get a pic.

erkoehler
05-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much do the "rent a garages" cost you guys each month? I have the boat in the driveway right now...

AirJunky
05-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Anyone heard of this concept yet?
http://www.garagetown.com/

bradamerry
05-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Congrats, Brad! Hope it has a deep bay for the boat.
It will fit at an angle.. Father-in-law was looking at the place yesterday and was worried about Brandy's 4x4 being to high to fit in the garage.. Didn't take me long to let him know what had garage space.. :D

Tom023
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much do the "rent a garages" cost you guys each month? I have the boat in the driveway right now...

I pay $85/month and get a month free if I pay a year in advance. There are some cheaper ones around me but they have gravel floors and are not as secure.

Leroy
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Several years ago I did the same, around $100/month. Really look at the space because if you are in a "aisle" it can be a real challenge to back in. I only had couple of inches on each side and making a 90 degree turn at the same time after day of skiing.:mad:

jayocheskey
05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I got a pretty sweet deal from a guy at church. Mine is locked away in his personal "toy" storage garage. Mine is basically free as long as I take him out a couple of times.

juju151
05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Here's mine...I don't have a pic of the MC in there yet,
but it does fit with the tongue pushed to the side
and the rail buggy sitting crossways in front of the door.
I can actually fit the Zcar, Rail Buggy, ProStar 190,
2 lawn tractors, push mower, lawn cart, etc. in there
and still have a little room to walk around.
I still wish it was bigger though!!!
Your garage can NEVER be too big! ;)

http://img199.echo.cx/img199/1567/garage10cg.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

planoboy
05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
looks like the "toolman" has been found.

juju151
05-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Nah...I don't think I could qualify as the "Tool Man" until I get all of my tools outlined on the pegboard... :purplaugh

But that would probably help me out because after working on something I can never remember where everything goes...so I usually end up hanging everything in a different spot than where I got it from.

ktn_cmu
05-25-2005, 03:25 PM
juju...was that picture taken as one, or was it a couple added together...that sure is wide angle...

Nice shop!!!

juju151
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks,

No that's about 3 or 4 regular sized pictures from my digital camera that I put together. I had to resize it because the finished product was HUGE, but it's cool to open it up and pan back and forth! It's just like I'm really standing in the garage! :D

Just something to do when I'm bored at work...and thinking about all the work I need to be doing at home in the garage... :rolleyes:

X2M
05-25-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm jealous of you guys with the nice big (clean) garages. My boat barely fits. It has to go in at an angle. With the tongue folded on the trailer, there is less than an inch between the trailer the the door. With the tower down, again less than an inch of clearance (have to make sure the tires are a little low too) between the tower and the door frame. And behind the boat with the deck off. I have just enough room to put a load of laundry on the back of the boat and squeeze by to get to the washer and dryer. My knee is bruised all winter from the tye-down ring on the trailer. But, the boat is warm and dry. And that is all that counts, right? :)

juju151
05-25-2005, 03:46 PM
"behind the boat with the deck off, I have just enough room to put a load of laundry on the back of the boat and squeeze by to get to the washer and dryer."

X2Momma,

Hmmm...my suggestion would be mount the washer and dryer up off the floor high enough so you can get IN the boat and do your laundry...then you can relax in the boat and listen to some tunes while you are waiting for the laundry to get done. ;)

erkoehler
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
It looks like I will be renting a garage/storage unit for the boat atleast for the winter months. For some reason my parents won't let me take up the entire garage, or add a third bay....

bret
05-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Ric, these the ones you wanted? The MC fits in there if I put my old car in front of the wifes but she's not happy because the race car is also in there right now. It's 32'L x 22'W.

I bring the boat home every two years to check all the fasteners. I got to get rid of that damn golf cart...

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247garage1.jpg
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247garage3.jpg

Ric
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes Sir! :steering: hey is that the slalom practice jig that guy from the nicholl's site was inventing?

bret
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
could be, I bought it from MC Boats several years ago.

east tx skier
05-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Ah, Mark K's "Perfect Pull."

LakePirate
05-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Does that thing actually work? or is it like the 17 million golf aids?

east tx skier
05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Every year at ski school, they encourage us to tie the handle to the dock post or pylon and get in position. It appears to be good for muscle memory. They're no longer being produced.

Ric
05-25-2005, 05:23 PM
that guy takes a beating on the nicholls site

bret
05-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Well it certianly aides in muscle conditioning. Cause no matter what I did, back workout, shrugs, seated rows, bent over rows; my first ski would toast my muscles. At least with the trainer, the muscles are no where near as sore. It's helped on my off side, getting the hips up to help with better angle(muscle memory if you will), you can get into a good pulling position. I got a good deal on it because someone else ordered it but didn't pay for it.

Ric
05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
It looks like it would work well keeping your feet on the angle (unlike trying it on the dock) and I'd probably use it to stretch a bit before a run too

bret
05-25-2005, 07:59 PM
the other two pics
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247garage2.jpg
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/247garage4.jpg

Crash
05-25-2005, 11:15 PM
the other two pics

WOW! Garage or family room! :worthy:

Leroy
05-25-2005, 11:59 PM
If you check around with the car enthusiast people you may be able to find a heated, humidity controlled garage for about what a 12x26 tin box costs. I had my boat in one while in Belgium for 18 months and now have my trailer in another one that I can use next winter.

It looks like I will be renting a garage/storage unit for the boat atleast for the winter months. For some reason my parents won't let me take up the entire garage, or add a third bay....

erkoehler
05-26-2005, 12:59 AM
I'll start looking in a couple months...hope to use the boat quite frequently until November.

Storm861triple
05-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Here is an up dated pic...taken today.

Notice the snowmobile storage? The other one will go to the left of the one that's there, when I get doen w/it for the season. I'm still pond skimming w/it. ;)

Storm861triple
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Toy box....:)

jayocheskey
05-26-2005, 11:49 PM
You can tell that great pride is taken in that garage. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only way to go. Very nice!!

jayocheskey
05-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Well it certianly aides in muscle conditioning. Cause no matter what I did, back workout, shrugs, seated rows, bent over rows; my first ski would toast my muscles. At least with the trainer, the muscles are no where near as sore. It's helped on my off side, getting the hips up to help with better angle(muscle memory if you will), you can get into a good pulling position. I got a good deal on it because someone else ordered it but didn't pay for it.
Slalom is just like any other competitive sport. The weight-training will NEVER wear you out like the actual riding. The best way to get into that shape is by being behind that beautiful boat.

PeteS
05-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Perfect garage, Tom. Looks great.

BUSSTUFJ
06-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Here's ,my new X 45 - it just fits and if the fuel tank is not full it may not clear the rear tower legs.
:toast:

BUSSTUFJ
06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
test message

Storm861triple
06-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Perfect garage, Tom. Looks great.
Thanks! It's my domain so I try to keep it organized. She gets everything else (house, yard, etc) :)

Diesel
06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
The new boat just barely fits in the garage. I have two inches on each side and about an inch of clerance on the top. The folding tounge is nice and I have much more room than my fixed tounge 205, but man this 209 is wide!!

Pics
http://img223.echo.cx/img223/3671/dsc00608r5hi.jpg

http://img223.echo.cx/img223/4772/dsc00609r6lj.jpg

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Nice lookin' ride, Diesel.

Leroy
06-01-2005, 02:07 PM
I think I need some help here!

AirJunky
06-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Looks like it's too late for birth control, Leroy........ ;)

bcampbe7
06-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Looks like it's too late for birth control, Leroy........ ;)

...and with Christmas just around the corner, the wreath and garland will be out of there before you know it! :D

Crash
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM

That's a good before shot :D

And to prove I'm a good sport, I'll post my old garage 'before shot' tonight.

Crash
06-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey Leroy, I took this picture of the garage in my old house because I couldn't believe I let it get soooo bad. Half the garage was filled with ski's, tubes, ropes, etc.

milkmania
06-02-2005, 12:55 AM
this is were I should probably post my "Man with no feet analogy":(

milkmania
06-02-2005, 01:10 AM

3/4 of that could be solved with bike racks....:)

or are you going to say "they're there somewhere"?:uglyhamme

BarefootWt
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
With a single axle MC trailer I found it easiet to use a trailer dolly to move the boat around vs the tow vehicle - if there isn't an incline - so you may be out of luck. I now have a tandom axle MC trailer, and there is not way to move it around without a tow vehicle. My problem was my garage was 2.5 inches too short. I had to build a window frame into the back of the garage to pick up the extra inches :-) but it worked. I have a straight, very tight from side-to-side shot it.

planoboy
06-17-2005, 05:09 PM
built as a tool shed, but if the boat fits....
Regards, Plano

planoboy
06-17-2005, 05:17 PM
one more fer Tex...

tex
06-17-2005, 05:19 PM
one more fer Tex...
Them there some high $$$$ sitten places!

Ric
06-17-2005, 05:21 PM
The new boat just barely fits in the garage. I have two inches on each side and about an inch of clerance on the top. The folding tounge is nice and I have much more room than my fixed tounge 205, but man this 209 is wide!!

Diesel, this may have been asked already but, what kind of trailer do you have?

Ric
06-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Love your place Plano

planoboy
06-17-2005, 08:07 PM
thx. me too. lake is 300 feet thru the woods. got good neighbors let me hike thru.

Ryan
06-20-2005, 12:36 AM
That looks like a Dorsey trailer to me ... with the pin striping.

Leroy
06-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Crash you are making me feel good!

THe wife is seriously on me to clean it up. Within the next couple of weeks could be an after shot. Thirteen bikes adds a challenge Milk, even with 13 hooks on the wall!

Ric
08-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Crash you are making me feel good!

THe wife is seriously on me to clean it up. Within the next couple of weeks could be an after shot. Thirteen bikes adds a challenge Milk, even with 13 hooks on the wall!
do we have after pics yet Leroy?

Leroy
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I could post pictures of 1/2 and have plan for the other half. Will be cooler and not taking away from boating time before I get to it though! I'll try to snap one tomorrow. We liked Lowes garage cabinets/benches best.

dog paw
08-01-2005, 06:57 PM
The sad part is I have a covered slip on the water with my name on the door :confused: I dont like to leave things out unattended

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bobrxdi/100_0304.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bobrxdi/100_0305.jpg

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 07:35 PM
The sad part is I have a covered slip on the water with my name on the door :confused: I dont like to leave things out unattended

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bobrxdi/100_0304.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bobrxdi/100_0305.jpg

Forgive me in advance but use that log splitter on those Sea Doo's and then you're talkin'

Just kidding, take it easy, it waaas a joke. wink wink

Steve

BriEOD
08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Nice workshop!! :headbang:

dog paw
08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Them thar fightin words bro :D Only another MC owner can get away with a statement like that LOL!

It's sad our lake has gotten so bad on the weekends with boneheads and boat show boaters it's not fit anymore for the Doo's much less the MC

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/garage001.jpg Them thar fightin words bro :D Only another MC owner can get away with a statement like that LOL!

It's sad our lake has gotten so bad on the weekends with boneheads and boat show boaters it's not fit anymore for the Doo's much less the MC

I am with you. No beef here. Just kiddin'

I love the workshop man - saaaah wheet

Steve

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Rest of em-

www.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389

BriEOD
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey Steve, you need some more toys!!

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Steve, you need some more toys!!

In these pic's you cannot see the rear shed. It is full of toys. shhhhhh the wife you know???
JK LOL

Steve

BriEOD
08-01-2005, 10:01 PM
What's in the shed other than the gimp? :D

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 10:04 PM
What's in the shed other than the gimp? :D

Un-finished projects not yet ready for display. The only gimp is my walk on Sunday morning after a night of woo hoo woo hoo. Or so my wife says :eek:

Steve

BriEOD
08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm not going there!! :noface:

Maristar210
08-01-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm not going there!! :noface:

I was speaking of the harmless beer version of this story that includes late night begging.

The rest was your imagination.

Steve

dog paw
08-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Man thats a nice spread Steve! In a drastic life change I went from a 300 acre farm to a 1/4 acre lot so I gave up my RM 250 for the skis As usual the ex got everything! (exept the rest of my life and the MC)

Cloaked
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
40' x 40' x 14' ceilings and still too small...

6ballsisall
08-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Thats Pimp Sporty!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Cloaked
08-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Lake front.

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
I am drooling over these huge garages!!

Ric
08-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Sporty that is JUUUUUUST right !

erkoehler
08-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Lake front.

No lift for the boat? Or do you take it in and out every day?

Ric
08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
How bout this garage
This is a house I found for sale locally with a very cool garage

think the mc would kill the tile? If not, it would rival Bri's harley neighbors garage as a hangout!

erkoehler
08-27-2005, 02:04 PM
That is awesome,but I would definetly need a spot for the boat.

Ric
08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
another view of it

probably have to ask them to leave the Gilley's light as part of the deal ;)

Ric
08-27-2005, 02:09 PM
That is awesome,but I would definetly need a spot for the boat.
erk I think the boat would be great riiiiiight about where that silly slate thing is sitting - no ?

Ric
08-27-2005, 02:38 PM
and one of the ultimate garages of all time.....................

Cloaked
08-27-2005, 09:40 PM
No lift for the boat? Or do you take it in and out every day?I trailer it every day. The ramp is in my front yard. Pull it out, wipe it down, and back it in the garage. Done deal...

erkoehler
08-27-2005, 10:16 PM
sweet setup! Someday I too will be waterfront....

ProStarMike
08-28-2005, 10:13 AM
I keep my boat in an interesting place. It sits in an old Rolls-Royce airplane engine manufacturing building. Some guys bought it and converted it into a storage center. Cheap storage, great security, it's somewhat climate controlled (only gets down to about 40^ in the winter), and the MC sits in a row with about 6 other competition ski boats.

Some day I hope to build a garage at the house for it to sit in, but for now, this will do!

-- Mike

BriEOD
08-28-2005, 11:27 AM
That's pretty sweet. My neighbors garage isn't that nice. I'll have to get some photos of it.

erkoehler
08-28-2005, 11:58 AM
:( I don't even think my garage would hold the MC

Someday though, I will have a heated pole barn in Northern WI :D

Ric
08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I'd love to see pics of both places.

I keep my boat in an interesting place. It sits in an old Rolls-Royce airplane engine manufacturing building. Some guys bought it and converted it into a storage center. Cheap storage, great security, it's somewhat climate controlled (only gets down to about 40^ in the winter), and the MC sits in a row with about 6 other competition ski boats.

Some day I hope to build a garage at the house for it to sit in, but for now, this will do!

-- Mike

That's pretty sweet. My neighbors garage isn't that nice. I'll have to get some photos of it.

Ryan
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Ric, is that the Palmdale plant?

Ric
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Ric, is that the Palmdale plant?
well I dunno?
I got it from JSC website, let me look and see
and post a link here for more cool pics

Ric
08-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Ryan I cannot tell from a quick once-over, but it appears to be a space shuttle facility at Kennedy.
Here is the link STS 114 PHOTOS (http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/main/index.html)

Ryan
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
That's a great link. Thanks.

RobertT
08-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I am lucky, I have a ton of room to maneuver my boat into its garage... ;)

SteveO
08-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Robert very nice set up. I hope you don't work from home. If so, how do you ever get any work done?

Ric
08-31-2005, 03:19 PM
now that is a nice setup

skisix@38
08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah! Lots of room out here. Start saving your money for glooves.

I have some 'mad skills' after doing this many times. It used to be a 74 point turn but I've got it down to around a 7 point turn. I have gotten used to it. When my wife finally caved and gave the go ahead she had only two requirements, lots of horsepower so no one has trouble getting up (my scheming worked!) and it has to be kept in the garage.

I may be taking a promotion and transfer to Denver in the next few months. Three car garage & driveway here I come!

Leroy
08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Looks nice Robert. Would be my dream set up!

Ric
10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
How bout this garage
This is a house I found for sale locally with a very cool garage

think the mc would kill the tile? If not, it would rival Bri's harley neighbors garage as a hangout!

This garage is still for sale and it just keeps calling out to my boat. Prostar, Prostar, Prostar.

Can somebody photoshop a boat in there for me, riiiight about where that silly slate thingy is ?

ski_king
10-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Can somebody photoshop a boat in there for me, riiiight about where that silly slate thingy is ?
I gave it a quick shot, but didn't turn out too good.
Be sure to move the chair before you back in.

Ric
10-29-2005, 01:10 PM
HAAAAAAAA

SOLD !

meggsy1221@aol.com
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
ryan you are the man for getting your boat in there.i too have a few space issues when it comes to putting our boat in besde our garage much to the amusement of my neighbours, a prostar 205 and a long box extended cab truck plus narrow alleyways kinda takes the fun away somedays

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:12 PM
My garage has the space, but getting down the driveway is difficult. The street is crowned really bad in front, so I have to get up on the driveway apron at an angle. Then, at the bottom, the trailer drags on the garage floor until the tires reach the apron going up into the garage. I switch to a larger drop on the ball for backing down. I'll put some pic's in here so you can see the space I've got avaiable...

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Here's the slope of the property...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pe276697e42dd4f05d004ecdb01e7e36e/f1a81fe1.jpg

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
It's a straight shot down the driveway to the left bay...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pc298f0d79b0e44261ad3c4c13bd55185/f1a81f44.jpg

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:20 PM
The garage is 26' X 34'. Gives me enough room for both cars, all my tools, and one of the boats...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pef0d1a7f31480ab4c7bfec3341ce7d32/f1a81f0f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pa173a3a434f38f0be9f46e936f07d717/f1a81ef0.jpg

M-Funf
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Here's the back half of the garage...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pae38feee6e874a9000a0892b82be292f/f1a81ec3.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid192/pb9d013160a1b3a251b18d40d6aad747c/f1a81e98.jpg

:toast:

Ryan
10-31-2005, 02:44 PM
ryan you are the man for getting your boat in there.i too have a few space issues when it comes to putting our boat in besde our garage much to the amusement of my neighbours, a prostar 205 and a long box extended cab truck plus narrow alleyways kinda takes the fun away somedays

Thanks Meggsy. I am so excited to say those days are over. I have a new garage!!! I'll get some pics up soon. I still need to make a wall rack for the skis. I came back to this thread to look for ETS's garage (and others) for ideas, but most of the pics are all gone.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Here is one shot of mine.:D

Ric
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I went and toured the place with the agent.
That door behind the tv is in the back of the garage... There is one double and one single o/head door on the front. the whole garage is air conditioned and tiled. There is a room large enough for office or b/r off the side of the garage.
I do wonder how that tile would hold up to a boat trailer rolling across it constantly? They looked like about 15" tiles

This is a garage with a house built near it. my kinda style :cool:

BriEOD
11-15-2005, 10:14 PM
In the hunt now gents. I told the realtor I wanted a house w/ a 3 car garage. I hope I don't get trumped by the wife finding some house she's in love with that only has a 2 stalls.

Ric
11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
In the hunt now gents. I told the realtor I wanted a house w/ a 3 car garage. I hope I don't get trumped by the wife finding some house she's in love with that only has a 2 stalls.
you can DO it! keep your eye on the prize ! :steering: don't let the color coordinated bathrooms trump the boatspace :(

Workin' 4 Toys
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Don't sell your self short on the 3. Go for the 4 to 6 and then compromise on the 3 if you have to......

Cloaked
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Don't sell your self short on the 3. Go for the 4 to 6 and then compromise on the 3 if you have to......My new 3 is in addition to a 2 attached. And I still need more room... I'd love to have another 40' x 60' on top of the 5 bays I have now.

BriEOD
11-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm trying guys I really am. I think the realtor thinks I'm nuts. She keeps emailing me listings and I tell her I need dimensions of the garage. I'd love to have like a 5 car garage. But, I've got to collaborate with the wife's wishes. She wants a pool. So, trying to find a 4 bedroom/3 bath w/pool and 3 car garage that around $400K. The Tampa market has gone nuts.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-16-2005, 12:31 PM
My next garage is going to be 3 truck wide, 3 trucks deep. So I can back the truck in with the boat or sleds attached and leave it that way until I am ready to head out again..... Now that is something.

:eek: Or perhaps I may someday get my own TV show and buy one like Jay leno's and be able to 5 point turn a 75' semi inside. Oh.. Keep dreaming.......:uglyhamme

Ric
11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I did that same thing to agents Bri.
I could tell they thought I was nuts too but to be honest I try to keep what I think about agents to myself...
I have far more opinions of them than they have about my needs as a customer, so if they do their job and keep quiet about my requests, I won't tell them what I think of them and we're all happy :D

88 PS190
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
polebarns... you've gotta have pole barns...

M-Funf
11-16-2005, 01:57 PM
My wife was very specific with her realtor when she was looking for a new home. The realtor has been her realtor on the last two home purchases, so she's made money on us. She tells the realtor what she wants, and that's all that we get shown...end of story.

My wife's needs were pretty simple. Minimum of 3 bedrooms, minimum of 2 baths, and a MINIMUM 2 car garage (which is extremely difficult to find in our neighborhood), and must be in a very limited part of town.

We got what we were looking for, including the 900 square foot garage...

Don't give up! It's out there!