PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Ignition - Anyone have one?

kskib046
04-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Does anyone have a keyless ignition like a CC?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/98521/0/0/87859660Q1/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/0/0

ski_king
04-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Has exclusive "AutoBlower" feature that automatically activates the boat's blower(s).

Blower(s) will run for 5 minutes prior to ignition
Fits all MCM/MIE gasoline engines
Does this mean the blower must run 5 minutes before you can start it?
I think we have all cheated on that rule.

I want to be safe, but hope that feature can be bypassed.

JKTX21
04-12-2007, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't be able to hang my plug from the keychain. And then my boat would proably sink. And then I'd I have the feature of a "boatless trailer."

jimmer2880
04-12-2007, 06:43 AM
I could be wrong, but it looks like it will only fit Mercury Marine engines. Although, I'm not sure hot it couldn't work on our boats as well.

BrianM
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Does this mean the blower must run 5 minutes before you can start it?
I think we have all cheated on that rule.

I want to be safe, but hope that feature can be bypassed.
No it does not keep you from starting the boat when you want.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it will only fit Mercury Marine engines. Although, I'm not sure hot it couldn't work on our boats as well.
I seriously looked into one of these a couple of years back. They WILL work on our boats no problem. Very cool idea I just decided to save the $$. Some one needs to do it and do a write up on the install. :cool:

Jkelly
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
My buddies have a CC with one of those it is pretty cool.

G-man
04-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I had one on a N boat once. I don't have that feature anymore. The bad part was if there was a drop in voltage like a low battery from sitting to long it would not crank over when a regular ignition would have turned the starter a couple times.

Sodar
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
A cool idea, but I do not see how you could do a clean install with this. I guess if I wanted one, I would have bought an N boat! Is it hard on your guys' carpal tunnel syndrome to twist the key!?!?!?! :D :D :D

east tx skier
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
A cool idea, but I do not see how you could do a clean install with this. I guess if I wanted one, I would have bought an N boat! Is it hard on your guys' carpal tunnel syndrome to twist the key!?!?!?! :D :D :D

I agree. It's nifty and all, but I just don't have any need for it. Maybe if I left my boat on a lift or stored it somewhere other than my garage. My keys often stay in the ignition. But I'm reminded that I need to pack an extra set for the weekend.

I love the coded door feature on my expedition though. When I had my Jeep, I used to accidentily go skiing with them in the pocket of my board shorts all the time. Now, I just throw them in the console of the truck and lock the door.

Toober Tom
04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Would have been handy the time I drove 30 miles to the lake and left my key at home.

M-Funf
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting one of the keyed battery disconnects and installing a starter button in place of the key. :cool:

vtskier1
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I know of a gentleman that installed one on another brand inboard ski boat. I think it was called a "code 5 system"?