PDA

View Full Version : engine hours!!

hugo_salcedo
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
hello everyone!!.

im new on this forum!. im looking for a mastercraft boat!. i live in mexico, and im searching all the web around to find one!.

i saw a boat x-star 2004 with 706hrs. and i want to ask you: is that much o not?.

i dont know what are the mastercraft engines designed for? (hours)
what is the top hours for this engines?.

thank you

kskib046
04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
welcome to teamtalk!

it all depends on how the engine was taken care of. it only takes seconds to ruin an engine, ex. running it without oil.

if the rest of the boat is well taken care of, it might suggest the engine was. there is no reason you can't get 2000 hours out of the engine. if you have doubt, get the engine compression tested.

Chief
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Some questions to enquire about:

Type of water ran in?
Maintenance records avail?
Is there oil in the bilge?
Is the oil black or brown?

Transmission oil red or brown? Brown being bad

Overall apperance of engine? It's easy to wash the exterior but takes extra effort to clean to the bilges.

Good luck

Footin
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
706 hours in two year is quite a bit, sounds like might be a ski school boat.

Slinkyredfoot
04-11-2007, 07:33 PM
706 hours in two year is quite a bit, sounds like might be a ski school boat.

I agree with everything that has been said....Us guys can be smart if we want to:confused:
But I agree with Footin the most, 706 hrs in two years is quite a bit of use, Do not buy on first impulse, look around, check out several options, and Then write the check....;) and by the way how much are they asking for this "Badboy" anyway??? You never said:confused:

TX.X-30 fan
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
hello everyone!!.

im new on this forum!. im looking for a mastercraft boat!. i live in mexico, and im searching all the web around to find one!.

i saw a boat x-star 2004 with 706hrs. and i want to ask you: is that much o not?.

i dont know what are the mastercraft engines designed for? (hours)
what is the top hours for this engines?.

thank you

RODis that you!!! All these alternate personalities around here are so confusing. :confused: :confused:

Hoosier Bob
04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Go shut her off now!:D

Vegas X-Star
04-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I think that is too many hours in two seasons. I would think you could find an '04 with less than 200 hours easily. The boat was probably used in a wakeboarding school or something. This would mean that the engine was probably well maintained...but the boat has probably been abused in other ways. It may have vinyl tears, nicks and rubs all over the transom, etc from lots of riders every day of the week.

JKTX21
04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Is Rod's shift key broken?

mig
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I have 2000 hours on a 2002 and it seems to run fine - every time.

beatle78
04-20-2007, 01:28 PM
mig,

what model boat do you have with 2000 hours?

mig
04-20-2007, 07:59 PM
19Skier with the 5.7L Predator engine. It was a summer camp boat for HS age kids and the sellers claimed it had never been used for course skiing. Lots of "learners" on skis and wakeboards and a ton of "toober" hours. They had good maintenance records and it has not been using any oil since we have had it. The drivers seat mechanism was shot, the upholstery on the seat bottoms needed help as did the transom cover. The shifter and tilt steering needed attention too. Otherwise we are very happy with the boat - still feels tight over wakes, better power than our old powerslot 351.