PDA

View Full Version : '83 seat skins

dwvktm450
04-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know where I might find some original seat skins for an '83 stars and stripes? The boat has cream interior and does not have the covered motor box. According to my research Mastercraft does not sell them anymore. Currently mine are still in good shape, I am just trying to prepare for the day that they need replaced. I just thought someone here may have an idea.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ski_king
04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I believe there is a post on here somewhere were somebody (who may have worked at MasterCraft) has patterns and can make them.

Or you can do what I did with my 82 and go to a local upolstery shop and have it done. I got mine done with updated marine fabric and paid about $1200 for everything including engine cover.

My suggestion is to find a shop that does both hot rods and boats, they seem to do the best work. Also ask to see samples of there work and get a referance.

CHAR250R
04-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Mastercraft has a 10 year cut off on interior stuff. I called them direct to learn this. Find a good upholstery guy in your area, and go look at his work. I have a guy that has been doing upholstery in my area for over 25 years. All the hotrod guys use him. His work is excellent. He does all my ATV, dirtbike, jetski, and Harley seats.