PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Racks???

Cody
04-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Just a quick question...

Will these:

http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1331

fit my tower???

I have an '06 PS197 with a mini tower. I have a few pics under my profile if that helps.

Thanks,
Cody

Andyg
04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
They won't be a direct bolt on. The mini tower racks mount to a plate that is already welded onto the tower. The racks mount indvidually with three bolts to that plate. You may be able to rig something to get it to work, like drilling your own holes in the plates that are on the board rack you want to buy. You would have to remove the U bolt style clamps though. One concen would be if the backing plate on the board racks you want to buy would even fit up against the backing plate that is on the tower. I attached a picture of the mini tower with the MC racks on them. It should be the same setup as youts. You can see the three bolts in the red square in the photo.

Cody
04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I appreciate it, Andy.

I have been looking for a set for the past year. I tried to buy them from the original dealer I bought the boat from. They have been so hard to get any info out of. I made a deal with them before I bought it to purchase a few upgrades at dealer cost. Kind of aggravating, you know?

Andyg
04-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Cody,
The mini tower racks are awesome, but expensive. You might want to try and contact Mike at MasterCraft of Charlotte (http://mymastercraft.com/) (MYMC on TMC) and see what he would charge you for a set.

Later

Andyg

Sodar
04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
They won't be a direct bolt on. The mini tower racks mount to a plate that is already welded onto the tower. The racks mount indvidually with three bolts to that plate. You may be able to rig something to get it to work, like drilling your own holes in the plates that are on the board rack you want to buy. You would have to remove the U bolt style clamps though. One concen would be if the backing plate on the board racks you want to buy would even fit up against the backing plate that is on the tower. I attached a picture of the mini tower with the MC racks on them. It should be the same setup as youts. You can see the three bolts in the red square in the photo.

Is this the way the ski racks are mounted from the factory?

schmaltzy
04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I have an 04 197 TT and purchased these. So far I have been happy - had to do some slight modifing (very slight) to get the holes to line up.
I bought 2 pair (one for each side) and then the slalom extenders- for a total of 750

http://cgi.ebay.com/MasterCraft-Wakeboard-Racks-For-02-04-Zero-Flex-Towers_W0QQitemZ260065766444QQihZ016QQcategoryZ152 72QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Andyg
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Is this the way the ski racks are mounted from the factory?

I honestly don't think the factory mounts racks on a mini tower. I think they are shipped with and the dealer installs them. But either way they are mounted the same. The picture I posted has the slalom extensions on them, but they mount the same as the racks do. Three bolts for each rack times 4 racks.