PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Satellite Radio

Andyg
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
For Christmas the wife wanted a Sirius radio for her SUV. Well I finally got around to installing last week. That was a story in itself running the antenna wire from the rear of the vehicle to the dash. Anyway I liked it so much I just bought the factory system for my truck and installed it, well my buddy installed it actually. It took him an hour what would have probably taken me six to do. He is a mechanic and knows all the tricks of tearing apart the interior of a vehicle.

Now I am thinking of getting it for the boat. In fact I just ordered the Sirius receiver for my Sony Head Unit. The question I have is do people cancel their subscriptions when the boat is laid up over winter? I pay full price for the first radio and each add on is $6 a month. So if I have a subscription all year it really isn't a big deal. I was just curious as to what others do.

P-hat_in_Cincy
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I got the Sirius Stiletto 100 portable unit, so I just transfer it b/w vehicles. Even use it running/walking. :cool:

WakePowell
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I just pay the $6/month year around in the boat. I figure there is only 4 months that I really don't use it and the $24 isn't worth calling to cancel and reconnect.