PDA

View Full Version : Smith Lake, in the Free State of Winston anyone?

bikeman
04-11-2007, 05:18 AM
just looking to get aligned with my fellow dry county MC'ers this summer. Somehow, we never "run into" anyone - I'm up near looney's right across from lakeshore. White+stripes PS205 w/tower and navy bimini - with a red/gold 'toon in the green twin slip dock.

We usually ski around houston early in the AM - actully smoke on the water - and not the same kind as when I was younger. Someone not far down towards formerly Yellow Creek Marina has a mid 90's PS190 and a mid 90's SN - would love to hear about the different characteristics of each - and would love to find out where you guys rip or where there are bouys around us. email direct to wakesurfin@gmail.com if yer up there.

Otherwise - wishing you all glass and hope that it cranks every time.

Eagle Lake Rebel
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm working out trips to Smith in June and August. Waiting on my boat due in early May in Memphis. Dsoby is also looking to hook-up at Smith. We stay at Lakeshore Inn. PM me and hopefully we can all get together.

wgwollet
04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
what is Smith lake in Ala? is it a good buy to buy property there?

bikeman
04-11-2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.smithlake.info/Nav3.asp click on the minus sign a few times for some perspective. Yes property values are running up quickly, but there is a ton of undeveloped land still left. Deep, clean, unpopulated - great combo.

bikeman
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
PM sent -
Thanks,
Chris