PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Gauges

O2BESOHUGE
04-09-2007, 11:19 PM
SOME OF MINE ARE SHOT...WILL SOMETHING LIKE THIS KIT WORK OR WILL I HAVE TO BUY THEM SEPARATELY FROM MASTERCRAFT?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Sportsman_Gauge_Set&cname=Marine-Instruments&r=view&i=74332&aID=19

THANKS GUYS
O2

O2BESOHUGE
04-10-2007, 09:30 AM
No Ones Replaced Their Gauges?

pilot02
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
That kit would likely work but the speedometer would be useless to you.
Personally, I'd do a search online for gauges and then purchase just the ones you need individually. I replaced my old VDO's with a new style VDO (red lit up pointers) on my tristar. Think I purchased them through egauges.com

east tx skier
04-10-2007, 10:08 AM
I think there are some guages for a 92 in the marketplace here.

WilliM1940
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Which ones are shot? The gas gauge may simply be the sending unit, they crap out regularly, but nothing is typically wrong with the gauge. The airguides can be taken apart and cleaned to look virutally new, do a search here. Tachs can be bought seperately either on ebay or from Faria, VDO, Beedee etc. I have had oil sensors fail but the gauge still good.

O2BESOHUGE
04-10-2007, 10:52 AM
When I Say Shot...im Meaning Cracked Or Split Faces. I Just Want To Upgrade Them So I Dont Look Like Im Driving Around Ina Hooptie! :)

One Speedo Works And The Other Doesnt. Im Sticking With The Air Guide Type On Those But Was Wondering If Its Cool To Mix Brands Of Gauges? Or Does It Matter

Thanks Everyone
O2

Monte
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
When I Say Shot...im Meaning Cracked Or Split Faces. I Just Want To Upgrade Them So I Dont Look Like Im Driving Around Ina Hooptie! :)

One Speedo Works And The Other Doesnt. Im Sticking With The Air Guide Type On Those But Was Wondering If Its Cool To Mix Brands Of Gauges? Or Does It Matter

Thanks Everyone
O2

Personnaly speaking, If you replace one in the cluster, replace them all. I don't think you'd be very pleased with the results if you replaced just one or two. Plus, it is cheaper to buy the whole kit at once.. When you start the project make darn sure to mark the wires. there are a bunch of them.....

JKTX21
04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Which ones are shot? The gas gauge may simply be the sending unit, they crap out regularly, but nothing is typically wrong with the gauge. The airguides can be taken apart and cleaned to look virutally new, do a search here. Tachs can be bought seperately either on ebay or from Faria, VDO, Beedee etc. I have had oil sensors fail but the gauge still good.

My oil sending unit crapped out as well. It was going to be a PITA to replace the unit with the new part (a hair too tall) due to my new distributor. So I scrapped the idea of pulling out the distributor and just put an elbow fitting on the new sending unit.