PDA

View Full Version : Analog speedometer problems on 2006 X2

c640947
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
My perfectpass works fine (after the deal found an incorrectly run ground wire and fixed it) but now my analog speedometer doesn't work. It swings all over the place and usually stays pegged at 50 when we are going. I know how the airguide speedometer worked on my 190,m but I am unsure how this one works. There is the paddlewheel for perfectpas, but since that works, I have to think this guages speed some other way. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

c640947
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Well shoot this is the first time I haven't gotten a great answer on teamtalk. Anyone at least know how the analog speedo works?

bigmac
04-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Well shoot this is the first time I haven't gotten a great answer on teamtalk. Anyone at least know how the analog speedo works?

It's not analog, it's digital and gets its signal from the paddlewheel. Wierd activity from one of the gauges usually would indicate a bad connection somewhere IMHO. It could be a problem with the MMU, but I'd think all of the gauges would be acting whacko. I'd be inclined to start looking at the connections. You may have a bad or loose plug at the back of the speedo.

c640947
04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
perfect i'll check it out thanks