PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Hummer H3

caliguyinTN
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about getting me an H3 to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeeps got about 140K miles on it and it needs to go. I've been at work trying to figure out if my 96 PS 190 will be too much boat and trailer for an H3. I know the H3 comes with a pretty lame engine (I5) but I'm not towing it very far. Anyone know the weight of the boat and trailer? Also, anyone know of any reason I should or shouldn't go with an 07 instead of an 06 other than price? thanks!

dmayer84
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Can tow 4500 with the auto 3000 with the manual.

OhioProstar
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
They showed up at one of the auto shows with a 5.3L V8 version of the H3. I don't know when they plan to offer the upgraded engine....maybe someone else does.

Sodar
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about getting me an H3 to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeeps got about 140K miles on it and it needs to go. I've been at work trying to figure out if my 96 PS 190 will be too much boat and trailer for an H3. I know the H3 comes with a pretty lame engine (I5) but I'm not towing it very far. Anyone know the weight of the boat and trailer? Also, anyone know of any reason I should or shouldn't go with an 07 instead of an 06 other than price? thanks!

I had the same boat as you and pulled it with the my girlfriend's H3, it did fine.

helton333
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I had an i5 on a colorado - kept it 10 months - I pulled an 89 ps with it for a short period - has enough power to launch and all - but, if you went to a bigger boat, like an x, you may be in trouble.

What about a Commander with a Hemi?

caliguyinTN
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Bought me an 07 H3 last night. I'm pretty stoked about it and now I'm just waiting for the weather to warm to get my MC hitched to the back of it and down to the lake.

#47of100TeamMC
04-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Bought me an 07 H3 last night. I'm pretty stoked about it and now I'm just waiting for the weather to warm to get my MC hitched to the back of it and down to the lake.

You can't say a statement like that without attaching pics!

Pics Dude Pics! a lot of us have to live vicariously though you.

caliguyinTN
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Will do. Didn't get home from the dealer until about 11:00 last night. Up at 6:00 am for work and now i'm at the office. I'll definitely post some pics. I'd prefer to post with my MC hooked up, but that will have to wait until I get up to the lake hopefully later this month. First things first, I need me a new MC sticker to slap across the back window. Any suggestions on which one would look best on a Black H3?

Sodar
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Will do. Didn't get home from the dealer until about 11:00 last night. Up at 6:00 am for work and now i'm at the office. I'll definitely post some pics. I'd prefer to post with my MC hooked up, but that will have to wait until I get up to the lake hopefully later this month. First things first, I need me a new MC sticker to slap across the back window. Any suggestions on which one would look best on a Black H3?

Congrats on the new Car! Did you get the touch screen nav? My ex had that and I actually liked it more than the nav in my parents' Mercedes... much more user friendly!

PM Erkoehler... he has a vinyl cutting machine and can hook you up with a few stickers. In My Opinion, I would have him make a sticker resembling the sticker on the transom of your bote, but hey, that is just my opinion!!! :D

boatless
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Why did you stop at an H3 ? Don't you like the H2 ? :D

boatless.

djhuff
04-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I think one of the drip molded silver ones would look slick back there.

caliguyinTN
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I do like the h2 but I don't really need something that big yet. Maybe next time if my MC grows from a PS190 to something bigger. Then I would consider it.

Sodar-I really didn't want the nav stuff. I wouldn't use it that much. You been down to the river at all this year? I take it being in Socal you're a river guy. My parents have a house in Needles that they decided to buy after I moved out of the state. Good for them, bad for me.

Sodar
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I do like the h2 but I don't really need something that big yet. Maybe next time if my MC grows from a PS190 to something bigger. Then I would consider it.

Sodar-I really didn't want the nav stuff. I wouldn't use it that much. You been down to the river at all this year? I take it being in Socal you're a river guy. My parents have a house in Needles that they decided to buy after I moved out of the state. Good for them, bad for me.

Yeah, that is the problem with nav, you never really use it and it gets outdated rather quickly. Gotta say though, it sure is nice when you need it though!

I have been out to the river a few times in the last 2 months. Two buddies and myself bought an old P.O.S. trailer on the California side of Parker last year, so I usually go there. But actually, I grew up not going to the river all that much, my parents boat a house in on a private ski lake just outside of Barstow, so we used that all the time... it is for sale now though and my parents have been looking at places along the river, North of Blythe... it is really nice and really quiet around there, plus about an hour closer than Needles, Hava-Zoo and Parker.

Where in Cali are you from originally? If you ever come out to Cali, hit me up! I would love to hang on the river with ya!

-Cameron

caliguyinTN
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I grew up in Anaheim. Spent some time living up in Mammoth, but mostly down in Orange County. Definitely missing me a double double and some Del Taco. Can't get either of those out here in TN. Whenever I'm back in socal, those are always my first stops.

Sodar
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I grew up in Anaheim. Spent some time living up in Mammoth, but mostly down in Orange County. Definitely missing me a double double and some Del Taco. Can't get either of those out here in TN. Whenever I'm back in socal, those are always my first stops.

Very Cool! I went to school in Anahiem. We have a condo in Mammoth, and actually my best friend is on Ski Patrol up there, so I have spent alot of my winters in that neck of the woods! Can't beat Cali, Mammoth in the Winters, The River in the Summers!! Mmmmmm.... Del Taco.... its all about Del Taco Store #1 in Barstow!!! Their servings are so much bigger than the other franchises!!!

#47of100TeamMC
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
You guys suck... I wanna live in Cali.:)

Don
I love the hell out of the H3 but I had serious doubts about it's ability to tow as well. I have a Jeep GC w/4.7L V8 and it bogged down in the hills towing. I would like to see H3 with V8 also. H2 is just plain too big. Another one that interest me is the Toyota FJ Cruiser.....bigger motor to.

caliguyinTN
Where did you go to school in Anaheim? You mean high school? I worked the lifts one winter up in Mammoth. Probably one of the best times in my life. No regrets on doing that. Barstow Del Taco is the best. I don't get why for almost the same price, you get like twice as much food and it tastes way better.

Sodar
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Where did you go to school in Anaheim? You mean high school? I worked the lifts one winter up in Mammoth. Probably one of the best times in my life. No regrets on doing that. Barstow Del Taco is the best. I don't get why for almost the same price, you get like twice as much food and it tastes way better.

PM at ya! Wanna know if you know any of my buddies!

SkiDog
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey guys,

Seems to me that you're replacing a jeep with a jeep look-a-like:D