PDA

View Full Version : 89 TRISTAR tune up parts?

CHAR250R
04-09-2007, 10:59 AM
First post. Cool site. Time to tune up the boat for my first time. Anyone know the parts numbers for the oem spark plugs and oil filter? What's the gap on the plugs? Thanks in advance, Charlie.

etduc
04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
www.skidim.com

'nuff said.

TMCNo1
04-09-2007, 11:06 AM
First post. Cool site. Time to tune up the boat for my first time. Anyone know the parts numbers for the oem spark plugs and oil filter? What's the gap on the plugs? Thanks in advance, Charlie.
Owners manual had it listed and check the FAQ section and many #"s are listed there for your convenience.

CHAR250R
04-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Is that OEM stuff I see on that site?

east tx skier
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Here you go.

Link (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=166941&postcount=33)

CHAR250R
04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Here you go.

Link (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=166941&postcount=33)

Same plugs for all years 351?

BrianM
04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the site. I second www.skidim.com for parts. Great people if you need any kind of technical assistance as well. They know their inboards.

TMCNo1
04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the site. I second www.skidim.com for parts. Great people if you need any kind of technical assistance as well. They know their inboards.

We should not forget to include the Mastercraft dealers or Jim@BAWS will come on and go junkyard dog on us for not stating him, erkhoeler @ Chicago MasterCraft or MYMC @ MasterCraft Of Charlotte, all great guys with parts.

CHAR250R
04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I like to start off with oem part numbers and go from there. You guys are putting up some excellent info. Thank you very much!

LakePirate
04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
If you are still looking for part numbers shoot me a pm I have an owners manual for the 89 tristar.

Jim@BAWS
04-10-2007, 11:10 PM

Chamion RV12YC
FRAM PH8A a good quality 20/50 weight oil
The correct tuneup kit should be purchased at your local MC dealer

Jim@BAWS

Monte
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM

What kind of Tristar do you have? Welcome to the board...

TRBenj
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
FRAM PH8A

Do yourself a favor and dont use a Fram oil filter. Theyre among the worst out there. I believe Pennzoil's filters are made by Fram as well.

Stick with a Motorcraft FL1A, Wix (NAPA), Purolator or Mobil1 ($$$). Lots of info on this topic on this site if you search.

Spark plugs are Autolite 24.

CHAR250R
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Chamion RV12YC
FRAM PH8A a good quality 20/50 weight oil
The correct tuneup kit should be purchased at your local MC dealer

Jim@BAWS

If I could get ahold of my local Mastercraft dealer, I would order that kit. He's harder to get in touch with than Jimmy Hoffa!!! I'm gonna call you and we can see what I need. Be talking to ya soon. Thanks, Charlie.

CHAR250R
04-11-2007, 05:08 PM
What kind of Tristar do you have? Welcome to the board...

Go to www.bayareswatersports.com and look at the 89 Tristar in the used boat section. My boat is exactly like the one they have for sale. Mine has a few more hours than theirs. Same condition.

CHAR250R
04-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Do yourself a favor and dont use a Fram oil filter. Theyre among the worst out there. I believe Pennzoil's filters are made by Fram as well.

Stick with a Motorcraft FL1A, Wix (NAPA), Purolator or Mobil1 ($$$). Lots of info on this topic on this site if you search.

Spark plugs are Autolite 24.

No Fram for me. I'm a Baldwin guy.

Jim@BAWS
04-11-2007, 05:56 PM
We should not forget to include the Mastercraft dealers or Jim@BAWS will come on and go junkyard dog on us for not stating him, erkhoeler @ Chicago MasterCraft or MYMC @ MasterCraft Of Charlotte, all great guys with parts.

CHAR250 just called me an ordered the required MC parts for his tuneup. CAP/ROTOR and impeller.

Harold the only one I will go JUNKYARD dog on is the person that recommends SKIDIM over his local dealer. All this time I thought you where MR. MASTERCRAFT not MRS. SKIDIM. If his/her local dealer does not help then call a dealer that will. I am here to help as alternative to the dealer who has no time or does not want to help. Usually after helping out a larger order comes in or a referral.

I have not GONE JUNK YARD DOG on anyone here. As you read even Indmar stepped in and told the customer to call the dealer NOT THEM.
This is a MC website, NOT SKIDIM, NOT MALIBU, NOT CC, NOT JABSCO

With all that said. Please call your local MC dealer first.

Jim@BAWS

DooSPX
04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Jim as alot of other parts for other boats around the new shop too, might be worth a call if you need something else too.

Jim and Chuck are good people, and willing to help people.

just look at the very buttom of my sig

CHAR250R
04-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Jim, THANKS for the help!!! It's good to know that you're there to help. My local MC guy can't be bothered, even when I can get in touch with him. I'll be in touch if I need anything for my boat. Thanks for all the info, too. I had alot of questions, and you answered them all. Thanks again, Charlie.

east tx skier
04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Harold the only one I will go JUNKYARD dog on is the person that recommends SKIDIM over his local dealer.

Well, I suppose you'll have to include me in that category because my nearest MC dealer ignored my phone calls one to many times for my taste (and I know I'm not the only one). I will recommend other MC dealers though (just not the one closest to me). They are not all created equal, and it's a sad fact.

etduc
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, I suppose you'll have to include me in that category because my nearest MC dealer ignored my phone calls one to many times for my taste (and I know I'm not the only one). I will recommend other MC dealers though (just not the one closest to me). They are not all created equal, and it's a sad fact.

I'm in the same boat, as Eastie (pun intended). We don't have a local dealer. Nearest one, 150+ miles away. Am I going to drive, that far to get parts, for my 1990 Tristar? Which aren't made anymore, except tune-up parts. Those of us, with older boats, have different needs.

If a Mastercaft owner comes here looking for help, and there is a local dealer close by, then Mastercraft has a problem.

I do appreciate this website. I own a Mastercraft. I recommend Mastercrafts, new and old. I am currently looking to buy another.

east tx skier
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
duc, if you find yourself over this way, I know of place you can go. Or shoot me an email and I can pick the stuff up for you (they'll probably let you pay over the phone) and you can stop by my wife's office in your neck of the woods (pun intended) and pick it up.

Out here in the abyss, we've got to get by as things just aren't that convenient.

TMCNo1
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
CHAR250 just called me an ordered the required MC parts for his tuneup. CAP/ROTOR and impeller.

Harold the only one I will go JUNKYARD dog on is the person that recommends SKIDIM over his local dealer. All this time I thought you where MR. MASTERCRAFT not MRS. SKIDIM. If his/her local dealer does not help then call a dealer that will. I am here to help as alternative to the dealer who has no time or does not want to help. Usually after helping out a larger order comes in or a referral.

I have not GONE JUNK YARD DOG on anyone here. As you read even Indmar stepped in and told the customer to call the dealer NOT THEM.
This is a MC website, NOT SKIDIM, NOT MALIBU, NOT CC, NOT JABSCO

With all that said. Please call your local MC dealer first.

Jim@BAWS

Jim, I am not Mr. Mastercraft and have never said I was, that is something I guess you invented for some reason. The main reason I came on Team Talk was to help my fellow boat owners by any means possible and necessary. Many owners ask for options and in most cases I give them just that, thanks for being there as a option for the owners.