PDA

View Full Version : wont start

rob935
04-09-2007, 06:13 AM
just put my 93 190 pro star back in the water after the winter, all ran fine first of all but after sitting at the dock for a couple of hours it wouldnt restart.. its not a fuel pump problem seems to be electrical as the engine is turning over with no probs, fitted a new distributer cap rotor and coil last year , removed the plugs and found no deposits but found some moisture on inside of dist. cap..!! dried this up and refitted with new gasket .
after all that it still didnt go but the following morning started first time however after one good run it cut out and refused to start again, any help would be appreciated thanks.

André
04-09-2007, 07:49 AM
If you got a 351 you surely got the famous 4010 Holley carb famous for hot starts problems.Do a search here and you'll find plenty to read on.
Good luck!

mrG
04-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Don't overlook an ignition problem. I had a similar experience with my 92 PS where the eingine would not fire. After looking at everything it turned out to be the coil wire not being pushed all the way in to the socket on top of the distributer cap.