PDA

View Full Version : And you think you're good

barefoot
04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I don’t know peeps…

This is pretty awesome! The number one Australian barefooter did a front flip step off last year at Footstock! (http://barefootcentral.com/2007_Footstock_Frame.htm) Click on the video link and click on "Best Start in Footstock History." Barefootcentral finally put up videos from the event…Definitely the best start of the weekend!

barefoot
04-08-2007, 02:10 PM
…and if you care to watch, a little over 5 minute into the “Day 1-Saturday” video, I take a hard crash against Tony Buonaiuto, the Best of the East … one of the world's best barefoot endurance racers.

JohnnyB
04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
That was awesome!!!

tex
04-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Pretty cool. We tooled around with doing that trick 2 years ago. It does not seem that hard when you think about it. We were thinking of doing it off the whip. It is a total different look when you start to roll out of the ski. You feel like you can't get away from the ski. I wussed out but so did the young punks in our club!

chudson
04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
That's amazing!!!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
04-08-2007, 08:35 PM
If you get a chance to see the Soul DVD, another great looking start is David Small jumping wake to wake from a wakeboard to barefoot. Some of the unsuccessful attempts hurt just watching.

Mag_Red
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
:worthy: Bet we could talk Eric into that Mag Mania III:D

Laurel_Lake_Skier
04-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Tell him he needs to get it dialed in so he can show everyone the trick at Minocqua Mayhem later in the summer......he needs a goal

JohnnyB
04-08-2007, 10:00 PM
If you get a chance to see the Soul DVD, another great looking start is David Small jumping wake to wake from a wakeboard to barefoot. Some of the unsuccessful attempts hurt just watching.

Soul...is that the video produced by Todd Ristorcelli of Waterski Magazine??? :cool:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
No, Vortex wetsuits, Lake Elmo Sports along with a boat company put it out. Its all barefooting and has a lot of great scenes of great footin' action.

No Skeez
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Soul...is that the video produced by Todd Ristorcelli of Waterski Magazine??? :cool:

You're thinking of Edged in Water...

JohnnyB
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
No, Vortex wetsuits, Lake Elmo Sports along with a boat company put it out. Its all barefooting and has a lot of great scenes of great footin' action.

Where do you find that one?

Harvey
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
That was awesome.

The hard part about doing that with a wakeboard is getting out of the bindings. I guess you could butterslide 180 and catch the toeside edge to get the board off and then front flip into the barefoot. I have done this exact move on accident a few times but I let go of the rope instead of trying to barefoot. It didn't help only going 24 mph.

Doug Meeker
04-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Where do you find that one?

Give me a call or send me an e-mail. I've got the soul video for sale in the shop.

doug@theliquidedge.com

217-649-2698

MasterCrafting
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
The level of riding in SOUL is amazing...but I really didnt like the video overall. Most of the songs didnt work and I hated how everything was on the same lake. It looks like the whole thing was shot in a few days. In short, the next video needs to be better. That is all.

CoFooter
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I thought the video rocked and the music was right on. I thought it was a first class effort given the very limited audience that is going to go out a buy it. Low budget, and efficient, maybe but how much money are people going to pump into a production where they may sell at best only a few hundred copies. Relative also to what else is out there, this one is clearly tops.

atlfootr
04-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I don’t know peeps…This is pretty awesome!So's this, check out site out and pick "gatorbait" and "gotta be tuff" video http://www.toesuporfaceplant.com/