PDA

View Full Version : Members in Spokane?

Fancy
04-08-2007, 05:54 AM
I spend my summers on a lake just outside of Spokane. The lake is great for skiing and there's a hot jacuzzi for afterward but I'd really love to find someone with access to a slalom course. I know there are some on Long Lake, probably other places too. Let me know if you are also a MC owner and are local to Spokane. Summer is almost here.

Fancy

SkySkiSpokane
04-08-2007, 01:53 PM
There is a sinkable course on Liberty but it is hit or miss when it is up. There is also one on Silver out toward Cheney. We ski the Pend Orielle river most of the time. No course though.

Fancy
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
There is a sinkable course on Liberty but it is hit or miss when it is up. There is also one on Silver out toward Cheney. We ski the Pend Orielle river most of the time. No course though.
Thanks for the info Dave, I'm over at Loon Lake its about 45 miles north of Spokane. I might have to check into the problems I'll face trying to get a permit to put a course up myself, might be worth the expense if I can get permission to do it.

SkySkiSpokane
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Or go portable. There are probably a lot of portable users on this forum that can give you advice there also. Are you in PendO or Spokane County?

Fancy
04-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Loon Lake is actually in Steven's County and yeah, I bet I could easily get away with setting up a portable course especially during the week. Loon Lake is small maybe 2x3 miles at most. I have a small Toyota pickup and dragging the heavy MC around is not fun. I can barely pull it out of the water with the small truck, so I generally leave it in the water at Loon Lake all summer. You're welcome to stop by and see me this summer, my boat will be in Spokane getting new carpet from Contemporary Fiberglass (http://myswimplatform.com) for a week or so but after that I'll be skiing all summer. I'll pull you around and soak you afterward!
Fancy

Merlin
02-24-2008, 08:36 PM
It's good to hear about some Spokane skiers. I actually don't live in Spokane right now and probably won't get to settle back down there for 10+ years. I'm currently in North Carolina and own a '97 Prostar 205.
I had some questions about slalom courses in Spokane, but first. I bought a portable course last summer and eventually left it up in a relatively secluded corner of a public reservoir. Besides losing some buoys, it was worth it to not have to install and remove it every time. I'm of the "better to ask forgiveness than ask permission" mentality in regards to this. If I had to do it over, I'd pay the extra for the steel cable (Insta-slalom).
Back to Spokane...though I won't be back permanently there for a long while, I grew up there and am back every summer. I'd like to keep up on ski courses available and even go for a spin if you need a driver...or skier when I'm back in town. I'm usually there once a summer. Let me know if anyone is interested.
I did hear of a course (and jump) that used to be (or still is) on the small lake on the north side of I-90, just west of Spokane. I think it's called Granite Lake.
I did ski John Stockton's portable course at Priest Lake a couple times...funny story for later about that.

Ski-me
02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I grew up in Spokane as well. My wife will be out on Hayden from mid-June to the end of July. I hope to be up there off and on during July. If I can find a nice 94’-95’ Prostar 205 with an LT1, we’ll have it up there as well.
I do recall seeing a course a long time ago on Hayden, but haven’t seen it for years. All these years of free-skiing in Idaho…..I can’t believe I had to come to Colorado to try out my first ski course! Lot’s of fun and I hope to find something around the CDA/Spokane area if possible while I’m there. So long as we have a boat…I can provide a pull.

Roonie's
02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I grew up in Spokane as well. My wife will be out on Hayden from mid-June to the end of July. I hope to be up there off and on during July. If I can find a nice 94’-95’ Prostar 205 with an LT1, we’ll have it up there as well.
I do recall seeing a course a long time ago on Hayden, but haven’t seen it for years.

That course was put up by our friends on Hayden for us to ski. Their daughter was really into skiing and she would go to ski schools every summer. When we left so did the course. We skied that course everyday during the summer. Our cabin was on the point just down from that course. I grew up in Spokane as well. Unfortunately we sold our cabin on Hayden and now are on Priest Lake.

Ski-me
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
That course was put up by our friends on Hayden for us to ski. Their daughter was really into skiing and she would go to ski schools every summer. When we left so did the course. We skied that course everyday during the summer. Our cabin was on the point just down from that course. I grew up in Spokane as well. Unfortunately we sold our cabin on Hayden and now are on Priest Lake.

We still have property out there, but it's just bare land right now. Hope to build sometime, however the restrictions are getting really tough!:(

We are down towards the lillypads. My mom still lives out there and we just love it! Generations of family every summer. Just a blast!

Pictue off the deck a month or so ago....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nielson2020/Haydensnow1-25-08.jpg

Roonie's
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
I really enjoyed that lake. My grandfather was the first to inhabit our side of the lake with a cabin some 70-80 years ago. My dad grew up at the lake every summer as well as myself. We kept that cabin in the family until my generation and had to let it go. Taxes got too expensive as well as upkeep etc. I have many fond memories growing up there.

Cousins still on the lake. They have a Tige.

Ski-me
02-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I really enjoyed that lake. My grandfather was the first to inhabit our side of the lake with a cabin some 70-80 years ago. My dad grew up at the lake every summer as well as myself. We kept that cabin in the family until my generation and had to let it go. Taxes got too expensive as well as upkeep etc. I have many fond memories growing up there.

Cousins still on the lake. They have a Tige.

Same thing here. Grandfather bought two large sections 70-80 years ago. One area has been built up with cousins/aunts/uncles/2nd cousins/tennis court/beach/etc.....the other area is still untouched. Myself and siblings own that 50 acres. Can only get one house on it right now but were able to change the classification to forest land. Taxes went from $25,000/year to $500/year. A little easier to manage for now.

The picture shows the back beach area. When my mom was a child, she use to ride horses where the dock currently sits.

sand2snow22
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I did hear of a course (and jump) that used to be (or still is) on the small lake on the north side of I-90, just west of Spokane. I think it's called Granite Lake.
I did ski John Stockton's portable course at Priest Lake a couple times...funny story for later about that.

I think that course is still there, along with the jump, too. Every time I drive by it's always glass and nobody is out. I think it was for sale a few years ago. The house and the entire lake for $850 or $1 million. I do see an I/O parked at the dock, but the nobody on the lake. I hear the water has a lot of minerals in it?

When I was in college, above the dam by mini-haha? on the Spokane River there was a course. Not sure if it's still there?

Loon gets pretty crowded on the weekends, yeah? I love that area b/c there are so many lakes!