PDA

View Full Version : Mirror arm

ffighter556
04-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Just bought a new mastercraft extreme mirror arm never had a mirror that will stay in place when towing a wakeboader any suggestions on a mirror that would not slip

Maristar210
04-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Welcome.

Please take a look at the post about three down from this one in the General forum titled three angled mirror. Get your information there and go shopping.

Let see some pictures of your boat as well.

Welcome again - Steve

TOO-TALL
04-08-2007, 01:38 AM
I marked wear I like the mirror.Then removed the mirror and the plastic mount that goes around the arm.Then I put some grip tape on the arm between my markes reinstalled the mirror and it works great won't slip at all....its a cheap fix but works.

bigmac
04-08-2007, 01:43 AM
I marked wear I like the mirror.Then removed the mirror and the plastic mount that goes around the arm.Then I put some grip tape on the arm between my markes reinstalled the mirror and it works great won't slip at all....its a cheap fix but works.My Comp with factory bracket rolls around on the U-bracket -- annoying to have it keep flipping down at 25 mph +, -- so I put the U-bracket in a vise and gouged the crap out of it with an air chisel where the mirror loop slides over.

WTRSK1R
04-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Welcome. There is some additional information in this thread:
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=327937#post327937
Using the standard CIPA mount shown in the photo, I have not had any issue with the mirror moving. The stock MC mirror from the factory had a different mount, and has a tendency to tip over while running.