PDA

View Full Version : Maristar 225VRS 94

mf01
04-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I've been looking at all inboards and determined that I want a Mastercraft. For my price range it will be either a mid 90's Prostar or Maristar. I found a 96 200VRS, but the guy sold it out from under me. Now I've found a 94 225VRS. It has 350 hours and the HO 350, which I believe to be 310hp. I asked if it was the 275hp and the owner said it was the step up, but not LT1. How do these boats do for wakeboarding and skiing? Most of the time I wakeboard, but occasionally I ski or pull a friend on a dreaded tube. Is there anything I should look for, when I look at the boat tomorrow? Thx.

wilbucd
04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I bought a 94 225 VRS just this year and have yet to have it on the water. My kids like to ski more than wakeboard mainly because the wakeboard falls are more brutal. We free ski on on the Tennessee river in the mornings and pull tubes later in the day. I wanted a MasterCraft first and went with the Maristar mainly because of the room in the boat. I understand the V-drives don't have the best ski wakes but then every boat that excels in one area comprimises another. I'm confident it will be an improvement over the I/O runabouts I've had in the past.

endl
04-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I've been looking at all inboards and determined that I want a Mastercraft. For my price range it will be either a mid 90's Prostar or Maristar. I found a 96 200VRS, but the guy sold it out from under me. Now I've found a 94 225VRS. It has 350 hours and the HO 350, which I believe to be 310hp. I asked if it was the 275hp and the owner said it was the step up, but not LT1. How do these boats do for wakeboarding and skiing? Most of the time I wakeboard, but occasionally I ski or pull a friend on a dreaded tube. Is there anything I should look for, when I look at the boat tomorrow? Thx.
I had a 94 VRS last year before I bought my new boat and its a great all around boat. Throws great wakes, lots of room inside, Fuel Injection in the older boats is nice. You cannot go wrong if the price is right. I think that was the first year they went with no wood in the structural pieces of the boat and started the encapsulated stringers ect. What color is it?

Ryan
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Didn't MC go no wood (except for some rear seat and some combing pads) in '86?

T Scott
04-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Didn't MC go no wood (except for some rear seat and some combing pads) in '86?

As the Fonz would say "correctamundo"