PDA

View Full Version : 200 hour service

mrm2083
04-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I've had my boat now for 1 year and 200hrs. The dealer is like 2 hrs away so i would rather do the servicing myself, specially since i had to change my impeller 2 days ago anyways. What exactly does this service consist of?

vogelm1
04-06-2007, 11:46 PM
My owners manual breaks things down into either 50 or 100 hr intervals. At the 100 hr mark, it calls for an engine tune-up (distributor cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires); fuel filter change, impeller, oil change, transmission fluid change, remove starter and grease the bendix shaft (shaft that the gear slides on), grease steering and shift cable, grease rudder shaft fittings, clean and re-oil flame arrestor....that should pretty much do it. All can be done relatively easily if you're even a little bit comfortable with basic handtools and an afternoon in the garage. It's fun and satisfying working on your own boat, and will save you a good deal of money as well.

vogelm1
04-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Considering your boat is still pretty new, I'd bet you'd be fine not doing the dist cap, rotor, and plug wires. But would still check things over to be sure. OTOH, if you want to do it just to be safe, go for it. Then you know you're good to go for a while again.

mrm2083
04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
thanks, is there anywhere online where i can order everything?

TMCNo1
04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
TTmembers MYMC (MasterCraft of Charlotte), erkhoeler (Chicago MasterCraft), Jim@BAWS and www.skidim.com, online or by phone, maybe can help, but maybe not just online.