PDA

View Full Version : transom remote

32offer
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I have an '02 Prostar 197 with the Clarion CD player and driver's side remote. Anyone know where I can find a transom remote? I've been told they should work with this year of boat/stereo.
thanks

BCBlazers
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
get on e-bay man, they're way cheaper there. i looked at two of em in a shop yesterday and they were double the price of e-bay. the remote that has no digital display runs anywhere from 65 to 85 dollars on ebay and 200 in the shop! you can also get one that has a digital readout (present station, track #, and so on) this one is a little more expensive on ebay, but not by too much (350 in a shop) then you have to decide if your gonna put it in yourself or pay someone to do it. Main thing you have to look at is if it is compatible with your stereo type, you should be able to look on the faceplate of your system or under the bottom of it through the hatch. hope this helps ya out

endl
04-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Also look at those new RF remotes I bought one of those so I can float change the Tunes, Volume ect from out in the water. The remote even floats. www.h2owaves.com

32offer
04-09-2007, 03:02 PM
yea, I found several on ebay. Just need to make sure they are compatible with my receiver model. I already have a driver's side remote. Any idea if there's more than one wired remote hookup on the back of the receiver, or will I need to make some sort of "Y" splitter for both remotes?

endl
04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
yea, I found several on ebay. Just need to make sure they are compatible with my receiver model. I already have a driver's side remote. Any idea if there's more than one wired remote hookup on the back of the receiver, or will I need to make some sort of "Y" splitter for both remotes?
Yes you will need the splitter. You can find them on ebay or crutchfield ect. Did you check out the RF remotes?

Tennesseeski
04-09-2007, 03:09 PM
You will prob have to get a Y plug to run the second remote. Most only come with a limited amout of cable but you can get extra of that also. Check crutchfield.com and check out what you may need and the price and then shop around.

32offer
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
those look pretty cool. might be hard for me not to lose, though.

endl
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
those look pretty cool. might be hard for me not to lose, though.
I am attaching mine to one of those wristy float things.....That way I can turn up the music while wakeboarding or surfing. My wife has trouble driving and adjusting the volume at the same time. Drives me CRAZY!