PDA

View Full Version : Correct Craft vs Mastercraft

boatdad
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I have a friend that is looking to purchase a ski/wakeboard boat is is considering a Mastercraft and a Correct Craft Crossover 236. He has been on my boat, x-15 and like it but is looking to compare and make the right decision for his needs. What can I tell him about Correct Craft that a dealer might not tell him?

Maristar210
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a friend that is looking to purchase a ski/wakeboard boat is is considering a Mastercraft and a Correct Craft Crossover 236. He has been on my boat, x-15 and like it but is looking to compare and make the right decision for his needs. What can I tell him about Correct Craft that a dealer might not tell him?

Scooby Doo looks up from his dog dish with a mouthfull of scoobie snacks and says:

Co Wect Caafft????? Huuuh???

The users agreement of this site indicates:

"1. No Disparaging MC or its Partners. No Promoting Other Boat Brands. We have some registered users that own competition ski boats that are not MCs. Is there something wrong with them? Maybe. But they are welcome to post here and we're welcome to pick on them (all in good fun). What's not okay is for them to post pictures of their boat on here or otherwise talk about how great it is, recommend other people buy it, or say that it's better than a MC. I'm not saying I agree with this policy. But that's the policy, and if you want to post here, you need to abide by it. Also, it's not as if you can't talk about other boats at all. But if you do, don't be surprised if you get an email from a mod about it. It's a very fine line to be walked. There are other nonbrand-specific sites out there where you can compare and contrast all you want. But I don't know of any site that has as much activity as this one does.

As for "no disparaging MC," if you're disappointed about something, you can talk about it. Just don't go on the attack. They're not paying for this site so that people can bad mouth them. It's frustrating to have boat issues. The same goes for MC's partners and suppliers. But the people on this site can help. As set forth above, offending posts may be edited or deleted with or without notice."

Therefore the comparisons usually end up being alternate brand bashing to some degree...

east tx skier
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I personally think both companies make good boats. This being a MC forum, I think the info you could get here would likely be slanted in that direction. The same would go for a CC forum. Since the posting guidelines don't allow us to promote other brands, making comparisons tends to be sort of a futile process unfortunately. For example, I can say Brand X makes a good boat or I skied behind it and it was fine. But if I compare, that's when the men in dark glasses show up with rubber hoses and sponges hooked up to car batteries.

The best advice is to drive and ski/board behind both (a lot) and make the decision that is best for him. Dealer support and responsiveness is probably as key to the decision as anything.

east tx skier
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Therefore the comparison usually end up being alternate brand bashing to some degree...

Yup, like what scoob' said.

endl
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
What is comparable in the MC line?? X-30, I guess. I looked at those in the new Wakeboad BG Mag and they look nice. I just think the lines, ect look better on the MC's.

shepherd
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I got to drive a brand new Ski Nautique earlier this week. Pulled a friend several times through the slalom course. Nice boat, but I wasn't overly impressed - at least not enough to give me the urge to fork over the money for one. I'd just as soon keep my old PS190 or drive my buddy's old PS205. I didn't ski it yet, but I'm sure I'll get a few pulls some time in the near future.

I haven't had the chance to try a brand new Prostar yet, but I expect (or at least hope) to be more impressed by that. I know that the new Prostars sure look sweet!

G-man
04-06-2007, 01:14 PM
You can't use the C-word on this site, I have been moderated for doing so. I did not use it to promote anything either. Be careful.

I would tell your friend to research his 2 different dealers customer service, they both build great boats but a bad dealer can ruin your day or weekend.

ggroller
04-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I would tell your friend to research his 2 different dealers customer service, they both build great boats but a bad dealer can ruin your day or weekend.

Truer words were never spoken.

Go Sterling Marina!

dmayer84
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM

Go Sterling Marina!

Gonna stay away from Lighthouse now?

Only thing they are good for is their webcam. Speaking of that I noticed all the ice is gone :D

kjohnson
04-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I have owned both. For the money, MC is the better buy.

dmayer84
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
The director of my old skiing/boarding camp has CC's he directed me to go MC. Said that if he could do it all over again thats what he would have done.

Sodar
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Here is probably one of the more PG-rated threads about the topic.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6755&highlight=correct+craft

For what it is worth, I am not going to lie, i seriously considered a Nautique. I test drove one, poked around them and skiied the comprable model to the ProStar 197. It was nice, but I was not UBBER impressed. In My HONEST opinion, both are b!tchin' boats... I personally like the lines of an MC better and I think that their interiors and "gadgets"/accessories/options are way cooler than anything that Nautique has going, but as I said before, that is just my opinion. Let hime buy what he wants, it is his $$$$ and if he thinks that the CC is better, than it just might be... for him!!! :D

JKTX21
04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Both are great boat companies with cult like followings. I have only heard good things about their boats and the dealer in this area.

Happy boating, whatever your friend decides.

PendO
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
head on over to www.wakesiderides.com (http://www.wakesiderides.com) and start the thread there as there are some unique features to the two brands ... also, if you do start a thread over there I would suggest going to the natique site and asking some of the members over their to post comparisons ...

beatle78
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Check out the service dept for each brand of boat.

Service is everything. These boats are all in the top 3, so I would lean towards the company who has the best service dept.

Of course, our MC's never need servicing so that's a mute point :)

Doug G
04-06-2007, 02:59 PM

Go Sterling Marina!

They are a fantastic bunch for sure!

Back on track, choosing a boat in the class we are discussing you will find differences between them but yet they are all quality boats. Don't try to bash the CC, explain the value and quality of the MC. IMHO, the single most important factor that should really be considered is the dealer reputation and relationship. The best boat in the world is crud without a quality dealer. The rest depends on the buyer, are they interested in performance, function, technical research, looks, long term value, price limitations, all of the above? It is very personal. Bottom line, encourage him to do the research, and critically crawl in around and under his top choices, drive em, use em and buy what he believes to be the right match for his needs, likes and value for the $.

TX.X-30 fan
04-06-2007, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Maristar210]Scooby Doo looks up from his dog dish with a mouthfull of scoobie snacks and says:

Co Wect Caafft????? Huuuh???

This is Scooby Doo looking at my fine X-30

Oh, and Maristar210 happy belated birthday. 8p 8p

shepherd
04-06-2007, 03:40 PM
There's a good non-partisan Correct Craft vs. Mastercraft thread on the Nicholls site (thread started April 1). Note that it is from the slalom skier perspective - comparing slalom wakes and such. Mastercraft got high praise there.

http://eclipse.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin/BBS/webbbs_config.pl?frames

ggroller
04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Gonna stay away from Lighthouse now?

Only thing they are good for is their webcam. Speaking of that I noticed all the ice is gone :D

I'm thinking end of April to start the season.

Jerseydave
04-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking end of April to start the season.
Slight threadjack.........
GGroller,

Did I meet you labor day weekend 2005 at Sterling? I had my tan/white Maristar 230 up there then. I barefooted and skied behind a blue 197, was that yours?

Sorry threadjack over.