PDA

View Full Version : Ambush 4 Blade prop?? Feedback?

Thrall
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Looking at a good deal on a Michigan Wheel 4 blade Ambush prop 13x13 for my boat.
Any experience w/ them?
Thanks for the help.

WakeSeeky
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
We had an Ambush on our PS 205. The boat's been gone long enough that I don't remember specifics, but I do know we were happy with it and had no problems.

So, got nothing, but a bump anyway... :)

east tx skier
04-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Is it CNC machined or hand finished?

WakeSeeky
04-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Is it CNC machined or hand finished?

I believe it was CNC, although, again, it's been awhile. When we bought the boat the p/o had hit something, again. The old prop (original?) had been repaired at least once before that we knew of, maybe more that we didn't. We were told it could be repaired but would never be like new.

That was our first boat and we needed approximately a brazillian dollars worth of gear to go along with it. I seem to remember being told the Ambush was "just like the Acme, but way cheaper". I do remember that it was much less expensive, but I felt like an ATM at that point and the details are hazy. We ran that prop for two years until we sold the boat, liked it fine and never had a problem. However, I have no idea how an OJ or Acme would compare, we never tried either one on that boat.