PDA

View Full Version : Blower doesn't work

treptowr
04-06-2007, 12:12 AM
Blower isn't working on my 02 X-star I just got. The breaker isn't tripped. I click it on and nothing. The light doesn't come on the dash either like when I flip the switch to the bilge...which also isn't working! Ugh.

TOO-TALL
04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Do any of the rocker switchs work?? do the gauges work?

erkoehler
04-06-2007, 03:14 AM
are all cables attached to the battery making good clean contact? also, is the tether attached?

Do your gauges work?

treptowr
04-06-2007, 09:12 AM
all the gauges work. yes the tether is attached. when I flip the switch the little red light does not come on and the blower does not work. When I flip the rest of the switches the red light's come on in the switch. The connections to the battery look fine, but I will remove them and clean it tonight. Can't imagine that's the problem if most everything else is working.
The bilge, which isn't working, switch light comes on when I flip it to manual or auto, but the bilge doesn't work. I ordered a new cartridge and am hoping it's just the cartridge.

McFire
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I would pull the switch. Connect the wires manually as a test. If the blower comes on, the switch is your problem. If not, I would then check the blower. I had a similar issue with my '94 Prostar and I had a bad switch. Good luck.

treptowr
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
any tips or tricks for getting the rocker switch out?

McFire
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I had to take the whole switch panel off. After that, I don't recall, but I think it is pretty self-evident once the whole panel is off.

McFire
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I had to take the whole switch panel off. After that, I don't recall, but I think it is pretty self-evident once the whole panel is off.

Sorry for the double post. My PC hung up and I was not very patient