PDA

View Full Version : Looking for skiers or courses around Joliet, Wilmington area?

footerj
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello all, i was wondering who on here is near or around joliet Illinois or Wilmington Illinois, I am looking for some reliable skiers to hit the water with......Also does anyone know of any places that have a course to ski in this area that is open to the public or that i can pay to have access to:confused: thanks:D :

erkoehler
04-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I know of two courses, but they charge per set :D

chudson
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I live 100 mi south of that area but have drivin by these ski lakes (subdivision) with slalom courses just NE of Wilmington, I'll go and try to google it!

Here it is, there is probably someone there that could help you out, just drive by. These are just at the NE edge of town. This is an old sat. picture, there are houses built up all around these lakes and I think there digging another. I have also heard about some skiing on the Kankakee river just north of there but don't know where at for sure but that will give you some places to start, Goodluck!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Wilmington+IL.&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=41.323975,-88.126831&spn=0.015341,0.028925&t=k&om=1&iwloc=addr

TOO-TALL
04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hello all, i was wondering who on here is near or around joliet Illinois or Wilmington Illinois, I am looking for some reliable skiers to hit the water with......Also does anyone know of any places that have a course to ski in this area that is open to the public or that i can pay to have access to:confused: thanks:D :

Hi footerj,

Where do you live??...I live in Kankakee about 15 minutes from Wilmington and I ride the Kankakee river whenever I can find a boat driver/spotter.I also go to lake Clinton alot and meet up with friends.I am always looking for a second and a third to hit the Kankakee river after work.Maybe we could get a crew togethor on the K3??.My boat is always ready to hit the water.

Anyway....I know of the ski lakes in Wilmington your talking about have been by them alot but, never stoped and talked to anyone there.Looks like a cool place.

Later TOO-TALL

Rockman
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Footerj.

I am right down the street from you in Plainfield (South End) :D .

I have been to a couple privtae sites in Wilmington and near Minooka but like I said, they are private.:mad:

Let me know if you an extra or 2 to ski. PM me your info.

:toast:

Rockman
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi footerj,

Where do you live??...I live in Kankakee about 15 minutes from Wilmington and I ride the Kankakee river whenever I can find a boat driver/spotter.I also go to lake Clinton alot and meet up with friends.I am always looking for a second and a third to hit the Kankakee river after work.Maybe we could get a crew togethor on the K3??.My boat is always ready to hit the water.

TT,

I am right down the street from you in Plainfield (South End) :D .

Let me know if you an extra or 2 to ski. PM me your info.

RM

TOO-TALL
04-06-2007, 03:17 PM
PM sent........

Rockman
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
PM sent........

One back at cha...

Doug Meeker
04-10-2007, 04:11 PM

footerj - There are quite a few courses in the Wilmington area. Only problem is that they are all private. A couple require that you own property on the lake and a couple others require that you belong to a club.

Waters Edge is the two lake subdivision set up just north of Wilmington. They hold several tournaments a year and have held the midwest regionals many times in the past.

Essex, Il has 3 strip mine set ups. Lake Greenfield is some of the softest water around, we always ski good there (lots are 200k +). Shannon Shores just around the corner is a subdivision and club of sorts, it is full of small houses and trailers, and is a much cheaper set up. Essex (it used to be called Sun Rec, but the name has changed) is accross the street from Shannon. It is a permanent campground of sorts where you rent the camp spot by the year for rights to the lake. All three are great ski lakes, kind of magic water.

New Lennox has a couple of private lake set ups, but again they are subdivisions, so you need to have a friend or spend some cash.

We are about 1 hour and 40 minutes south of Joliet in Farmer City, IL. Our lake is set up as a pay by the set with coaching or without. We have two courses. If you can ever make it down, let me know.

clemlochner
04-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Hey guys, I'm in the Joliet area and looking for a good place to put the boat in. Could someone give me some details on that? Where is a good place to ski? I live near Shorewood west of Joliet.

liledgy
04-28-2007, 09:29 AM
ninovan lake estates in Minooka.

gaterhorst
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
footerj, Rockman and Too-tall,
I live on the private lake in New Lenox, always looking for a driver/skier. Drop me a line at gaterhorst@yahoo.com.

Doug Meeker
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
I live on the private lake in New Lenox, always looking for a driver/skier. Drop me a line at gaterhorst@yahoo.com.
Gater also just bought an '06 Prostar Tournament Team boat last Friday. (from me). So he is set up. Great lake, alright guy. Just kidding. Give him a call.

theliquidedge.com

Rockman
04-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Gator, funny you mention that lake. I believe its the lake where I know some people who once lived there.
He was the guy whose house had 65 can lights outside...
Email at ya soon...

gaterhorst
05-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey guys?
Anyone interested in skiing around Joliet? Rockman what happened....never heard from you?

Rockman
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey guys?
Anyone interested in skiing around Joliet? Rockman what happened....never heard from you?

I have been extremely busy (more than normal) and just haven't got around to anything other than work, at work.

PM at cha...

TOO-TALL
05-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone want to meet at the Des plains ramp on the Kankakee monday or tuesday after work and ride??? I'll bring the boat.Monday looks like it will be in the 80's

Shoot me a pm or email me weber7863@sbcglobal.net

Later T-T

BarefootOz
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Guys!
I live in Gardner, that is 20 miles South of Joliet right off I-55, I am always looking for someone to foot with... :)

Masquida@Krausonline.com