PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage Thread

shepherd
04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
When you know your lane is ending a mile ahead, and traffic is already backed up, do you feel the need to merge over into the other lane immediately, holding up traffic behind you in your lane while you're trying to move into the continuing lane? Or do you wait until the lane actually ends. Some people then get annoyed thinking that you are "cutting in line." What do you do?

My opinion: The lane ain't ending yet. Why waste the real estate? :cool:

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:09 PM
When you know your lane is ending a mile ahead, and traffic is already backed up, do you feel the need to merge over into the other lane immediately? Or do you wait until the lane actually ends. Some people then get annoyed thinking that you are "cutting in line." What do you do?

My opinion: The lane ain't ending yet. Why waste the real estate? :cool:

Oh bruther Shep, now you've done it:rolleyes: :D

shepherd
04-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh bruther Shep, now you've done it:rolleyes: :D

LOL! :uglyhamme
I couldn't help myself.

sanjuan23
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I am always a fan of someone attempting to merge on to the freeway at a snails pace.... They call this the acceleration lane for a reason.

CarlosCabanas
04-05-2007, 12:13 PM
haha shep got the bird and took it personal!!

Faded & X9-Rated
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I agree with you Shep! If people get mad at me for merging at the last possible second... SCREW EM'!!

I can't stand when people STOP in the left lane when they have a pretty good ways till they need to merge..

I also hate people who can't drive w/ a trailer behind them.. The darn trailer is all over the lanes.. cutting into the next.. A'Holes!!
That happend to me yesterday.. but I forgave him since he was about 80 yrs. old!

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I like it when the semi's straddle the lane to eliminate the "late arrivers"
and the drivers get pi$$ed because they can't cut in.:D

Monte
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I like it when the semi's straddle the lane to eliminate the "late arrivers"
and the drivers get pi$$ed because they can't cut in.:D

That's what I do, but I don't drive a semi.. It makes traffic move faster ahead of you... b/c cars don't have to stop to let a "late arrivers" in. Plus the look on the guys face and friendly hand gestures behind me is always priceless;) :) Probably wouldn't do that in some cities....:rolleyes: PS my wife hates when I do that.....

milkmania
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM
nothing pisses me off more than waiting at a highway intersection to turn right....
waiting on the car coming from the left (usually with a bunch of cars behind it)

and the SOB turns right, right beside you, no signal!:mad:

they see my hand signals every time!:rant:

suedv
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
That's what I do, but I don't drive a semi.. It makes traffic move faster ahead of you... b/c cars don't have to stop to let a "late arrivers" in. Plus the look on the guys face and friendly hand gestures behind me is always priceless;) :) Probably wouldn't do that in some cities....:rolleyes: PS my wife hates when I do that.....

Monte, you and Rick must of had the same driver's training teacher. :D He does the same thing. I think you're right. It does make traffic go faster when the late arrivers aren't moving in all the time.

Monte
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
nothing pisses me off more than waiting at a highway intersection to turn right....
waiting on the car coming from the left (usually with a bunch of cars behind it)

and the SOB turns right, right beside you, no signal!:mad:

they see my hand signals every time!:rant:

Now that does tick me off... Signals people... Signals... They were put there for a reason!!

JKTX21
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree with Monte. It's common sense, the "late-mergers," as I like to call them, are part of the reason for the back up. The quicker you merge, the less people have to slow down.

Once traffic speed hits the 40-45mph mark, that's when it causes traffic to just STOP! And once that happens, it cannot correct until traffic clears up.

I am an expert on mechanisms of the traffic jam and I will be here all day. :D :D :D

trickskier
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I agree with Monte. It's common sense, the "late-mergers," as I like to call them, are part of the reason for the back up. The quicker you merge, the less people have to slow down.

Once traffic speed hits the 40-45mph mark, that's when it causes traffic to just STOP! And once that happens, it cannot correct until traffic clears up.

I am an expert on mechanisms of the traffic jam and I will be here all day. :D :D :D
Unfortunately, COMMON SENSE does not apply to MOST drivers.......:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Monte, you and Rick must of had the same driver's training teacher. :D He does the same thing. I think you're right. It does make traffic go faster when the late arrivers aren't moving in all the time.

I agree and laugh when a semi that is in the traveling lane blocks the
"I'm going to the head of the line crowd"!

JKTX21
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I agree and laugh when a semi that is in the traveling lane blocks the
"I'm going to the head of the line crowd"!

You can really tell a lot about someone's personality by the way they operate a vehicle.

shepherd
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM

My scenario is when traffic is already backed up so the late mergers aren't the original cause of the backup. Are you saying nobody should use that lane? So, we should have one entire empty lane that stretches back a couple miles because people believe it is impolite to pass other cars? Like I said, waste of real estate. Where's the common sense in that?

And from a more practical standpoint: Whether you use that lane or not, other people will while you sit there and fume. My conclusion quickly became "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." :cool:

My response to you people who sit impatiently in the long line: "Hey, this lane was wide open. Why didn't you use it?"

milkmania
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
You can really tell a lot about someone's personality by the way they operate a vehicle.

I totally agree!

JKTX21
04-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I propose an easy solution to this one. Put your blinker on and at least try to merge. I personally will let anyone in that gives a shot at merging within a reasonable distance from the time they need to get over. The VERY last minute people.... I'll give you a NASCAR tire rub on your door before I let you in.

cbryan70
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I will be performing many of these very same techniques tomorrow on my drive home from school!

Jkelly
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I propose an easy solution to this one. Put your blinker on and at least try to merge. I personally will let anyone in that gives a shot at merging within a reasonable distance from the time they need to get over. The VERY last minute people.... I'll give you a NASCAR tire rub on your door before I let you in.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

FlatBoard
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
How about this!! If every one doesn't tailgate a 60 mph,:mad: there is plenty of room to merge!!!:D

Ever drive in NYC????

shepherd
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM

What is a "reasonable distance"? I bet you'll get a dozen different answers - that's what gives rise to disputes.

If you let a guy in before the "reasonable distance" and another comes along, are you going to let him in too? And another? If it's still a "reasonable distance"? That's what slows down the long line - people letting in multiple cars from the ending lane. Now, if everyone used all the lanes, and take turns merging at the end, nobody would be cutting in line, and there should be no hard feelings.

Again, this opinion only applies to situations where traffic is already backed up to a crawl. If traffic is moving at speed, I agree you should move over as soon as it is safe.

east tx skier
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Late with an answer, but here 'tis. When you see that the lane will end, you put your blinker on and merge as soon as you are able to do so safely. This does not require that you stop the car. I don't pass up an opportunity to merge just because I've still got some time before the lane ends.

shepherd
04-05-2007, 03:28 PM
This thread is so gay...

Monte
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
This thread is so gay...

You started it;) :rolleyes: :)

Toober Tom
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
When the lane ends, the only way I will let you cut in, in front of me, is if I see that MasterCraft sticker in your back window.

shepherd
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
You started it;) :rolleyes: :)

d'oh!..............

JKTX21
04-05-2007, 03:55 PM
What is a "reasonable distance"? I bet you'll get a dozen different answers - that's what gives rise to disputes.

If you let a guy in before the "reasonable distance" and another comes along, are you going to let him in too? And another? If it's still a "reasonable distance"? That's what slows down the long line - people letting in multiple cars from the ending lane. Now, if everyone used all the lanes, and take turns merging at the end, nobody would be cutting in line, and there should be no hard feelings.

Again, this opinion only applies to situations where traffic is already backed up to a crawl. If traffic is moving at speed, I agree you should move over as soon as it is safe.

Any length is an arbitrary amount. I'll make up my mind as to what a "reasonable distance" is by how the other driver is conducting freeway operations, if they are on their cell phone, if I think they have insurance to pay to fix my car when they broadside me, etc.

And for the second part... you know the lane I'm in is MY LANE! YOUR lane sucks because it's about to end, and you want to come in MY LANE, hehe... I don't think so buddy (this is the typical attitude of most drivers). That's why this whole big ghey thread started.

And now it's the driver's fault letting "too many" people get over from the merging lane? I think you are just messing with us now!

Thanks for getting me all jacked up about merging today Shep

shepherd
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
You're welcome JK! Just wait until you see my "God: Does He Exist?" thread... :D ;)

Jkelly
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Sure he does or I would not have such a nice boat.

andrewtimko
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Sounds like the Hathaway Bridge. Don't know how many times I have sat in that traffic on the way to campus at 4:30.

shepherd
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like the Hathaway Bridge. Don't know how many times I have sat in that traffic on the way to campus at 4:30.

If you're in a hurry, here's a tip: Use the right lane. ;)

You been out to the lake on your new boat yet Andrew?

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Don't forget to come to a complete stop on the entrance ramp until traffic clears. That is one that really gets me mad and truly endanders peoples lives.

east tx skier
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
we've got a righthand turning lane that continues onto the new road. There's a yield sign and people stop despite the fact that the line goes on for nearly two blocks. Sometimes I think I'm the only person in this town that knows where his horn is.

suedv
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Don't forget to come to a complete stop on the entrance ramp until traffic clears. That is one that really gets me mad and truly endanders peoples lives.

Amen to that!! I'm with you Steve.

CarlosCabanas
04-05-2007, 04:55 PM

I too hate it when people's lives are endandered!!:D

ski_king
04-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Try teaching a 16 year old girl how to merge........ Its a wonder I am still alive.

andrewtimko
04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Not yet. Got the new carpet installed last weekend, talk about a nightmare. Waiting on the upholstry guy to finish my motor cover. Supposed to have it done last Monday. Just got off the phone with him, *tomorrow* he promises. Trying to shoot for Saturday if the weather cooperates.

Monte
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I personally love the rush through the yellow/ run the red when I'm stuck in the intersection trying to make a left hand turn......

shepherd
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM

You know what's worse? The people already on the freeway who slam on their brakes and slow from 70 to 20 mph to let the guy on the on-ramp get on in front of them. Sometimes kindness can be "danderous."

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I too hate it when people's lives are endandered!!:D

Head and Shoulders saves a lot of lives!:rolleyes:

JKTX21
04-05-2007, 08:26 PM
You know what's worse? The people already on the freeway who slam on their brakes and slow from 70 to 20 mph to let the guy on the on-ramp get on in front of them. Sometimes kindness can be "danderous."

You should be over in the far lane anyway... Late-Merger! Yeah, that's right... I said it! ;) :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Yea, and the driver on the ramp trying to get on has no cotton picking idea what his darn gas pedal is for!

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Like when you TT'ers pi$$ me off.....

I'm dangerous

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Too impatient to read the whole thread but get over and stay over! You late mergers stop everything! I myself would have a merge lane and a "shoot to kill lane!" Also while we are on this BAN LEFT TURNS! Any weak stick that needs to turn left should have to make three right turns! When I snap you will know! Follow the trail of stopped vehicles in the left turn lane with their left turn signal on and slumped over the freakin' steering wheel!:mad: What was this thread about?:confused:

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
PS We have been here before! De Ja Vu!;)

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9360

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Ban left turns??? *****, I make two on tha way home every day... I'd have to go six extra blocks to make all rights.. Do you know how big a block is????:uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I know exactly how big a block is! The cars on the right will travel six of them while I am stuck behind your dumb ARSE!:mad:

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Just for your sake, I'll forget my turn signal;)

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Nice to see you'll want it quick and painless!

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Thats what baseball bats were made for:)

Leroy
04-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Only if it is major back up and long line of cars already pretty much stopped...if you get mad at me for not letting you in....tough luck.

Otherwise I let people in and people let me in, but I am in the nice midwest with no real traffic problems. Around here 5 minutes is a "traffic jam"

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:39 AM
OK Johnny! Jack Nicholson with the golf club! Sorry but I'll take the 9,.40, .45 take the club and then proceed to beat the beer money out of you! Once you have enough for a case I will only beat you long enough for another six pack!;) Thats what baseball bats were made for:)

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Power Merge....

Here in Atlanta it will cut 10 to 15 minutes off your commute..

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Only if it is major back up and long line of cars already pretty much stopped...if you get mad at me for not letting you in....tough luck.

Otherwise I let people in and people let me in, but I am in the nice midwest with no real traffic problems. Around here 5 minutes is a "traffic jam"

I only get stuck in a traffic jams when I go to Charlotte, or travel to be honest. The traffic light problems are due to a small town where nobody else knows how to drive.. I consider myself a courteous driver, you know.. let people in, or wave in thanks when they let ME in.

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:47 AM
OK Johnny! Jack Nicholson with the golf club! Sorry but I'll take the 9,.40, .45 take the club and then proceed to beat the beer money out of you! Once you have enough for a case I will only beat you long enough for another six pack!;)

Well ***** I'd have to say a ball bat beats the driver any day.. you have to find the sweet spot I got the wole stick.... Bring it:purplaugh :toast:

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I'll bring it! How much beer money you got?8p

Hey, I bought a new tool chest today! Made in China and I like it!Well ***** I'd have to say a ball bat beats the driver any day.. you have to find the sweet spot I got the wole stick.... Bring it:purplaugh :toast:

Leroy
04-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I driven there and you guys have a driving code that is uniquely Atlanta!Power Merge....

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:51 AM
No way I am going through another one of your "Power Merges!":o Power Merge....

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I driven there and you guys have a driving code that is uniquely Atlanta!

It has been said that if you can drive in Atlanta you can drive anywhere.

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 12:53 AM
No way I am going through another one of your "Power Merges!":o

Easy there tiger, this is a family site.

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 12:55 AM
What were we trying to do anyway? That's how legends and families get started!8p

Slap Shot Paul Newman!

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 12:56 AM
What were we trying to do anyway? That's how legends and families get started!8p

Slap Shot Paul Newman!

Owns...OOwwwnnsss.

we're putting on the foil coach.

Monte
04-06-2007, 12:59 AM
It has been said that if you can drive in Atlanta you can drive anywhere.

Good lord THAT HAS to be the gospel.. Spaghetti Junction has to be the worst place in the world a 5 pm. One of my best friends lives ther, and every time I go I get stuck on the darn 285? bridge...:mad: :) Why can I never get there until rush hour??????

Hoosier Bob
04-06-2007, 01:01 AM
He's an animal! Dave's a mess!8p Owns...OOwwwnnsss.

we're putting on the foil coach.

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Good lord THAT HAS to be the gospel.. Spaghetti Junction has to be the worst place in the world a 5 pm. One of my best friends lives ther, and every time I go I get stuck on the darn 285? bridge...:mad: :) Why can I never get there until rush hour??????

Cause it's always rush hour.

Assuming you are coming in on 85 where are you headed? There are always alternates. Sometimes it is faster to get creative.

If you think that is bad come play on GA 400 one day. It is like gambling, it can take you 30 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour or an hour and a half depending on what some moron does in front of you.

Like today, took an hour to get to work, no time to stop for coffee.

We had a traffic guy who called Atlanta the rubber necking capital of the universe.

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:13 AM
He did live in Decatur, he moved a week ago. not sure where now besides somwhere near or in atlanta, I guess I'll find out the first of May thats the next trip! Gotta see the new diggs........

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:16 AM
He did live in Decatur, he moved a week ago. not sure where now besides somwhere near or in atlanta, I guess I'll find out the first of May thats the next trip! Gotta see the new diggs........

Decatur where it's greater

Or if you are referencing Agnes Scott College - Dic-hater Georgia

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Decatur where it's greater

Or if you are referencing Agnes Scott College - Dic-hater Georgia

Nah he's the manager for the cobb county convention and visitors bureau. He had a high dollar house in the hood:confused: littterally I can tell you stories, and just sold. He bought somewhere else, but since I don't particularly know the area, whats the point in him telling me?

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:26 AM
I'll bring it! How much beer money you got?8p

Hey, I bought a new tool chest today! Made in China and I like it!

Ha aha........ that's funny... I got five on it;)

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Nah he's the manager for the cobb county convention and visitors bureau. He had a high dollar house in the hood:confused: littterally I can tell you stories, and just sold. He bought somewhere else, but since I don't particularly know the area, whats the point in him telling me?

Downtown Decatur is great. That is one area where the big ballas live. One day I might get me one of them big ol houses off of East Ponce.

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Downtown Decatur is great. That is one area where the big ballas live. One day I might get me one of them big ol houses off of East Ponce.

Yes it is... That wornt it... Literally I was sitting on the back porch of a 1/2 mil house, and a dude got shot walking up the street (drive by)we saw the car, we saw the guy that got shot running, cops came, we answered questions, we saw his house via news helicoptor on TV during the search... wild wild stuff....:noface: :toast: good times!!! (he told me the guy lived b/c he saw him walking up the street later)

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes it is... That wornt it... Literally I was sitting on the back porch of a 1/2 mil house, and a dude got shot walking up the street (drive by)we saw the car, we saw the guy that got shot running, cops came, we answered questions, we saw his house via news helicoptor on TV during the search... wild wild stuff....:noface: :toast:

I remember you telling me that before, now that you mention it.

All my family lives in Lithonia, Georgia (about 5 - 10 miles from the Dec) There is a shooting there almost every night on the news.

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:44 AM
I think that was the straw........ Hey if you're up for it when I come down you got any pulls?

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:47 AM
I think that was the straw........ Hey if you're up for it when I come down you got any pulls?

I always got pulls.

Just give me a shout..

Monte
04-06-2007, 01:50 AM
I always got pulls.

Just give me a shout..

Not a problem PM me! or vice versa... :)

We have Jacked the heck out of this thread... :noface:

Do we need to start cussing each other out now??? It is the road rage thread.....:mad:

LakePirate
04-06-2007, 01:55 AM
Not a problem PM me! or vice versa... :)

We have Jacked the heck out of this thread... :noface:

Do we need to start cussing each other out now??? It is the road rage thread.....:mad:

I am a big fan of the thumbs up and yell at them that they are a great driver

Espically if you block the box.

Monte
04-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I am a big fan of the thumbs up and yell at them that they are a great driver

Espically if you block the box.
Blocking the box is the most important part... :headbang: What the heck are you talking about:confused: :friday:

atlfootr
04-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Oh bruther Shep, now you've done it:rolleyes: Indeed, he has :purplaugh as I did a quick search on the subject and found this article on drivers.com .
A bit out dated, but still informative for those of us who :steering:
I even went to the extent of highlighting the more FYI factors in RED and BOLDED 'em.

Road rage

· By: Mark Pepper
· Date: 1997-06-09

Nighttime. The world around you swirls in a mixture of shadows and rows of streetlamps that line the side of the highway.
The meetings with clients, the crashing of your computer (again), and the knowledge that you have to go back to it all again tomorrow, has taken its toll on you.

But at least the traffic is moving well. You glance to the side before pulling out to pass the car in front. All's clear so you slide gently into the next lane and begin to accelerate.
As you pass the other car, the other driver banks sharply into you, sending a spray of sparks dancing off your door. Glancing to your right, you see a hostile glare and the mouthings of obscenities in your direction. Quickly you accelerate to escape but the chase is on.

Welcome to "road rage."

Chances are you'll never be in a situation like this, but incidents of violent driving have been on the rise for several years. According to the American Automobile Association, they've been increasing by 7% per year since 1990. An Australian study estimates that about half of all traffic accidents in Australia may be due to road rage.

A study by Lex Research in the U.K. indicates that, of Britain's some 2.8 million company car drivers, about 83% have been victims of some form of road rage during their working life. About 21% reported having been run off the road and 18% have been physically threatened by another driver. Some attribute the rise in rage incidents to the recession and social and economic frustration. Gary Fite, Public Relations Manager for the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland, reckons that, in many cases, the cause of the anger that touches off rage incidents is bad driving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With an estimated total of 1,800 reported incidents of violent road behavior in the U.S. in 1996, it's a situation to be taken seriously. The incidents that trigger a Mad Max syndrome in the average driver are usually simple matters of discourtesy-for example, loud music, over-use of the horn, tailgating and changing lanes without signaling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These, of course, are usually just the trigger points. The actual causes can be traced back to all forms of stress, from being called into the boss's office for a friendly 'chat', to having just been dumped by your girlfriend. Pretty much, road warriors are the result of a flashpoint of all the accumulated stresses in one's life. As for avoiding the Mad Max syndrome, here are a few tips from Dr Ricardo Martinez, Administrator of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, to help you through your journey:
don't take traffic problems personally
avoid eye contact with an aggressive driver
don't make obscene gestures ("that makes you a player and suddenly it begins to escalate")
don't tailgate
use your horn sparingly (the polite honk can be misinterpreted)
don't block the passing lane (some drivers think you're doing something to them when you do this)
don't block the right hand turn laneSome other tips:
As stress expert Dr. John Larson points out, drivers tend to put themselves in a stress bind by constantly trying to beat the clock on their trips rather than enjoying the journey. When we do this, Larson says, everything that interferes with our self-imposed time goals becomes an object of frustration, and potentially rage. So, allow adequate time for your trip.
Create a relaxing and comfortable environment in your car. Play relaxing music (with a beat slower than your heartbeat, one music aficionado suggested).
Traffic is a cooperative activity. When you behave cooperatively, you get repaid in kind. If you're aggressive, you trigger in others a natural instinct to fight back and drivers will often try to thwart your progress (not let you into a line of traffic, for example). If you're diplomatic, you will be able to move through traffic with amazing ease. Sometimes drivers will go out of their way to help you. Driving in congested traffic is really a challenge to your diplomatic skills, and your ability to communicate effectively with others
If you do happen to catch sight of aggressive driving, stay away and contact the authorities when you get the chance. Even if you're not being chased down the highway by a sideswiping maniac, you could be saving a life other than your own.

TMCNo1
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
OMG, what did I miss last night?
Hey HB, wanna see a fight between me and monte, just stand right there!

I can't wait for the drive South thru Charlotte on I-77 Thurdsay the 10th of May @ 5:15 while towing the boat.

shepherd
01-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey, you guys up north. Please tell your parents or grandparents to speed up a little when they come down here. :cool:

Monte
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey, you guys up north. Please tell your parents or grandparents to speed up a little when they come down here. :cool:

I hate to tell you shep, but the same can be said for the many of the Floridians that venture into NC:rolleyes:

Sodar
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM

Yeah! And if your parents are 80 years old and drive a 40'+ Diesel Pusher down a single lane highway and have 10 cars piled up behind you, I ask that they have the courtesy to let others pass. Not all of us have all the time in the world to look at the scenery. My time at the river is limited and I would rather not spend it on the road! :rolleyes:

shepherd
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I hate to tell you shep, but the same can be said for the many of the Floridians that venture into NC:rolleyes:

OK. But in my defense, I was towing my boat and trying to find the exit to Lake Wylie. ;)

TMCNo1
01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
OK. But in my defense, I was towing my boat and trying to find the exit to Lake Wylie. ;)

Now that's funny!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000%283%29)
We all thought it was some old coot bringing a boat from Florida to NC to trade it in to get a good deal from Mike!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000%283%29)

Stritt
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Nah, probably the "SnowBirds" who claim to be Floridians for cheaper license plates. ;) They are posers!