PDA

View Full Version : Dynamite Surfing

dh_bennison
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
This makes wakeboarding look like a walk in the park!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkocS4nPZ8o

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
If thats for real, its amazing! I wouldnt think some dynamite would produce that much of a wave! WOW! I wonder what the fish thought???

MAVERICK!!!!!! Lower down some more dine-e-mite!!!!!!

http://www.bsa-gyc.org/images/Yosemite%20Sam.bmp

Sodar
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
My best childhood friend is in the marketing department at Quiksilver, and I guess this commercial has caused a lot of problems for them. The kids that did it actually just made the film and sent it into Quiksilver as a "look what we did thing", Quiksilver in turn bought it from them and used it as an Ad.... pretty cool for the little groms!!

04-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Quicksilver.....What is that?

Um....this brings up a question.....uh....would that be illegal? I mean blowing off a ****load of dynamite in a river near a bridge in the city? Just seems like that would be frowed upon by several police and goverment agencies. :confused:

Sodar
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Quicksilver.....What is that?

Um....this brings up a question.....uh....would that be illegal? I mean blowing off a ****load of dynamite in a river near a bridge in the city? Just seems like that would be frowed upon by several police and goverment agencies. :confused:

Quiksilver.... the biggest surf clothing company in the world. They are the Nike of surfing. www.quiksilver.com (http://www.quiksilver.com)

It was very illegal, but the kids did not get caught and that is what people are complaining to Quiksilver about, that Quiksilver is condoning bad behavior...

Jkelly
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Just a little fun until someone looses a hand. :eek3:

Sodar
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
We used to play with dynamite like that! My dad would get "seal controls" off of the tuna boats he built. Seal controls are basically a waterproof grenades that they throw in tuna nets, to scare the dolphins and seals out of the nets, so they do not get caught. The controls were always fun to toss in the little lake we ski on, because about 2 days later you would see all the carp and other cr@p, belly up on the surface!!

CarlosCabanas
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
We used to play with dynamite like that! My dad would get "seal controls" off of the tuna boats he built. Seal controls are basically a waterproof grenades that they throw in tuna nets, to scare the dolphins and seals out of the nets, so they do not get caught. The controls were always fun to toss in the little lake we ski on, because about 2 days later you would see all the carp and other cr@p, belly up on the surface!!

Fits in well with your going "greener" thread!!:confused: :( 8p

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM

Here in the South that's what we call "Gone Fishing"!

trickskier
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Quiksilver.... the biggest surf clothing company in the world. They are the Nike of surfing. www.quiksilver.com (http://www.quiksilver.com)

You're trying to explain Quicksilver Swimwear to a guy who wears a CAPE when he ski's???...........:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

Sodar
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Fits in well with your going "greener" thread!!:confused: :( 8p

Never claimed to be greener... just trying to have a thicker wallet!!!

Sodar
04-05-2007, 10:52 AM
You're trying to explain Quicksilver Swimwear to a guy who wears a cape when he ski's???...........:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

Yeah, and a guy just switched over to "loose-fit" jeans .......

Sodar
04-05-2007, 10:53 AM

HA HA! That is what I call it too!! I hate sitting there, waiting for the damn things to bite... I would rather let them come to me!!!

04-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Hey, SuperUMP is all about high fashion! I wear all the "in" things. all the big names. you know, like fruit of the loom, hanes, levis, thats stuff you buy on that fancy street in New York, 5th street. I shop at all those high dollar places like Sock's & Marcy's.

(Actually I switched to the loose fit jeans cuz its much more comfortable and easier to wear my superhero uniform under them, same reason I wear sweat shirts all the time, loose and baggy, easy to stuff the cape up under them)

Sodar
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey, SuperUMP is all about high fashion! I wear all the "in" things. all the big names. you know, like fruit of the loom, hanes, levis, thats stuff you buy on that fancy street in New York, 5th street. I shop at all those high dollar places like Sock's & Marcy's.

(Actually I switched to the loose fit jeans cuz its much more comfortable and easier to wear my superhero uniform under them, same reason I wear sweat shirts all the time, loose and baggy, easy to stuff the cape up under them)

ROTFLMAO!!! You sir are a funny guy!!! Do you have much luck finding telephone boothes these days, or do you prefer public restrooms?!?!?

pram
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM

From what I hear the only reason that a guy switches to loose fitting jeans is the free up Slim Jim and the Twins as there are plans for procreation:D

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! You sir are a funny guy!!! Do you have much luck finding telephone boothes these days, or do you prefer public restrooms?!?!?

He now uses Porta Potties now that phone booths are disappearing.:rolleyes: :D :(

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
He now uses Porta Potties now that phone booths are disappearing.:rolleyes: :D :(

Check your local rest area:D

pram
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM

How does he fit in those little things that you find in a camper or a cuddy in a boat? They are barely big enough to sit on let alone in:confused:

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
You're trying to explain Quicksilver Swimwear to a guy who wears a CAPE when he ski's???...........:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

You said a mouthfull there :D

04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Yoos guys are all wrong! I dont need phone booths, restrooms, rest stops, or porta pottys to change into my superhero outfit. He is usually what happens. Everyone here knows that I am pretty high strung, right? ok, so when I get "the call" to save the day, I get so dang excited and hyper, that I start running. I am pretty clumbsy and my loose fit pants usually catch on my heels and I trip and fall and my pants come halfway off in the process. So I figure what the hay? roll with it. I just whip my shirt off, and viola! I am in full superhero garb ready to save the hour!!! :D

TMCNo1
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Yoos guys are all wrong! I dont need phone booths, restrooms, rest stops, or porta pottys to change into my superhero outfit. He is usually what happens. Everyone here knows that I am pretty high strung, right? ok, so when I get "the call" to save the day, I get so dang excited and hyper, that I start running. I am pretty clumbsy and my loose fit pants usually catch on my heels and I trip and fall and my pants come halfway off in the process. So I figure what the hay? roll with it. I just whip my shirt off, and viola! I am in full superhero garb ready to save the hour!!! :D

There must be a bunch of Super Heros at the Mall and McDonalds, cause half of the people there clumbsyly walk sideways and are loosing their pants!:D

Monte
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
There must be a bunch of Super Heros at the Mall and McDonalds, cause half of the people there clumbsyly walk sideways and are loosing their pants!:D

That's funny stuff right there:D

Ryan27r
04-05-2007, 04:06 PM
guys this was a promo vid it did not actually happen....

Sodar
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
guys this was a promo vid it did not actually happen....

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=436851&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source

SkiDog
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM

Thats called 'REDNECK' fishing!:D