PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on a 1992 PS 205

workless
04-04-2007, 08:46 PM
My bow eyelet is loose. How do I get in this open bow area to tighten? This is my first MC and the first Ford I ever owned, usually GM's and 1 Dodge, but its a 351 and that's all that matters! Is there a service manual for this motor? Is it termed a Pleasurecraft? My walkthrough window doesn't match at the top - no apparent damage anywhere, only 124 hrs - is there any adjustment/shimming?

WTRSK1R
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome. If by Bow Eye, you mean the round circle on the top of the bow, just put a hammer handle through the hole, and give it a turn or two to the right. I used to own a 205, and the windshield lining up is not uncommon. With my boat, I needed to retighten the entire windshield mounting about once per year, but it was never a big deal to me. There is a rubber piece that is in a slot around the bottom of the windshield frame. If you pull that out, you will find screw heads under it. I would pull up on the walk through section to get it as close to aligned as I could, and then tighten all the mounting hardware. After I was done, you just push the rubber piece back in, and it will be good to go for a while. It just seems to be the nature of the beast for that section to sag over time.

Enjoy your boat.

Steve

workless
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks and I thought there might be a bracket, but you would have to remove the upholstery to get to it.

Monte
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't think you are supposed to tighten the bow eye too much, It can cause the gel coat to crack a little...

east tx skier
04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
On the lifting eye, both are right. To tighten it, use the hammer handle, but don't go too tight. But if you're ever going to lift it from that point (I haven't had ocassion to do so), then you'll want it to have a little wiggle. So then, you'd want to loosen it.

On the windshield, getting it to line up is easy, but it can turn your stomach. My local inboard mechanic told me to look the other way, then he gave the walkthrough panel a couple of good tugs. Lines up just perfect now. While you're under there messing with the nuts, take a handful with you and double them up under there so it'll take a little longer for them to come loose. Have someone topside holding a screw driver to the screws so they don't turn.

If your motor is original, it is an Indmar rather than a Pleasurecraft. If the carb is a dual feed, it is more than likely a 285 hp 351 HO. If it's single feed, it's possiblly 250 hp 351. Of course, the previous owner may have put a 4160 on a 351 HO so that's not an absolute.

workless
04-05-2007, 08:06 PM
You have excellent info. Thanks, I do have the original carb with the spark arrestor cover's sticker that says 285 hp. But I didn't know it was the HO - that's excellent! I'll leave the wiggle in the lifting eye, it isn't that bad, we just thought it was loose and would be a problem and I didn't want it to come out! The window work will be a pleasure, I have a son.

east tx skier
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Be extremely careful with that method on the walkthrough piece. If you mess that thing up, replacements aren't plentiful. I had someone with insurance monkeying with mine.

workless
04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks, I'll heed your warning!
Your pics of your nice 205 PS shows the Holley, is that already marine and a direct bolt-on? I read one of your previous threads about using marine only (ie carb, starter, alt.).
Do you still have points/condensor or does NAPA have solid state kit as a repalcement?
Thanks - Happy Easter!