PDA

View Full Version : Just de-winterized and wouldn't ya know it...

Jwhitsett1129
04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I just de-winterized the boat on Monday as we have had 70-80 temps for quite some time. We were hit with a cold snap today and the lows for the weekend are going to be hovering around the freezing mark. Saturday night is going to be the coldest, with temperatures dropping into the high 20's. Everything is supposed to warm back up on Monday. Is this worth getting concerned about? We may have a total of two days that get below freezing, with Saturday being the coldest...:mad:

captain planet
04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Throw a trouble light in the motor compartment under the block and you'll be fine. If you have a heater, do your best to drain the heater core. If the daytime highs are above freezing, I don't see much trouble. We are in the same situation in Ohio this weekend.

beef
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Yep, same here. Threw a light in the box yesterday after skiing. Will have to plug it in overnight for the next few nights.

dmayer84
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah our forecast just changed today to being below freezing this weekend, guess ill drain the block when I get home from work. Just started it yesteday too. :mad:

BrianM
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Just drain the block and the lines real quick. I can have mine drained and put back together in less than 10 minutes. If you do that no worries.

Jwhitsett1129
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I am thinking I may just pull the plugs and hoses to drain the block. 5 minutes of PITA is well worth it to me.

PaulW
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
I have been wanting to put the boat in the water, but have been thinking about a cold snap happening. I would want to drain just in case. You never know, it seems like it is getting cold out there. I just saw 28 deg on the car temp gage in Chicago.

Engine Nut
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
I just de-winterized the boat on Monday as we have had 70-80 temps for quite some time. We were hit with a cold snap today and the lows for the weekend are going to be hovering around the freezing mark. Saturday night is going to be the coldest, with temperatures dropping into the high 20's. Everything is supposed to warm back up on Monday. Is this worth getting concerned about? We may have a total of two days that get below freezing, with Saturday being the coldest...:mad:

Don't worry about it. That little bit of cold won't bother a thing!!!

By the way, we do have replacement long blocks for sale either brand new or remanufactured with one day shipping to Oklahoma.

Just kidding!!! I would drain the block, exhaust manifolds, and trans cooler and heater if you have one.

Engine Nut

dmayer84
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok the block is drained now Bring on the cold