PDA

View Full Version : Truly…. A marvel of Modern Engineering

cmack
04-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Ok well maybe just a little exaggerated. I could not think of a good title.
Here in North Texas we were hit with hail. The reports were from pea and quarter size hail to baseball size just a few miles away.
Since I got the boat, I have had to leave the car outside. I did not want hail dings on anything.

So here is my “Marvel of Modern Engineering”……

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/238/445636800_c137fb3d66.jpg

Not to worry, there was at least a 2 inch buffer between everything. When you say two car garage – I say there is room for three!!! And the door closed..

After all that, not one piece of hail fell at my house. Other areas of the metroplex were not so lucky though.

milkmania
04-04-2007, 12:48 AM
post a pic of when the wife tried to leave (in the car)

I want to see if she can do it without moving the truck;)

Hrkdrivr
04-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Nice work! Did you have to manually work the boat into position?

JKTX21
04-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Haha... Nice work. I'm out of town on business, my mom said she got some hail in Fort Worth today :(

Doug G
04-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Which one of these was the implement of choice to get that done!

jimmer2880
04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
I want to know how you got out of the car/truck. looks mighty tight in there. Also, what is the SUV parked on? It looks like it's leaning a bit :eek: You didn't have a cat running around anywhere, did you?

cmack
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
post a pic of when the wife tried to leave (in the car)
I want to see if she can do it without moving the truck;)
I pulled both out this am. All are safe. I'm gonna get some flack here - but the VW is my daily driver. I have a 50 mile commute, the VW gets 50mpg.
My wife could have even gotten both in there. I taught her how to back the boat and put it in the lake.
A man once walked up to her as she was backing down the ramp just to tell her she does a better job than most guys he sees. I'm pretty proud of her.

Nice work! Did you have to manually work the boat into position?
Well this post will explain it....
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14923

Which one of these was the implement of choice to get that done!
C - But only needed to get me out of car

I want to know how you got out of the car/truck. looks mighty tight in there. Also, what is the SUV parked on? It looks like it's leaning a bit You didn't have a cat running around anywhere, did you?
See the reply to Doug G...
The 4Runner was parked on a lip in the garage. It has about a 3 inch x 2 ft lip one that side and the back. I never really understood the purpose. Maybe incase of flooding.
We have one cat that I would like to park the 4Runner on :D

milkmania
04-04-2007, 10:22 AM
I pulled both out this am. All are safe. I'm gonna get some flack here - but the VW is my daily driver. I have a 50 mile commute, the VW gets 50mpg.

no flack here!
seems totally justified:twocents:

actually, I'm envious:(

RexDog1
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
nice work..............:D

But...............

Garage thread baby, Garage Thread!!

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1553

WELCOME

Your welcome Ric:rolleyes:

cmack
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
But Rex -- doncha Think this is worthy of it's own thread??? :)

Forgot to add that my neighbor was watching me try to rig something up with the camper awning to cover car. Talk about white trash.
Then I started looking at the garage and remembered the old Midas commercial "We'll make it fit"
My neighbor knows the boat is in the garage -- but all he saw was the car disappear into garage. He came running down to see how the hell I did it.

east tx skier
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice work. It hit us at about 1:30 a.m. Didn't leave a mark on any of the cars thank goodness. Boat was in the garage and hopefully wasn't awakened by the racket.

Monte
04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Good work cmack... I take it the Toyota went in after the VW.. Or did you climb through the trunk?

sanjuan23
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Well I am officially impressed. We were ducking for cover last night a bit of golf ball sized hail and some pretty heavy rain. I picked up over 2" in about 15 minutes.

chudson
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
cmack, not sayin yours is but that falls under 10 gallons of poo in a 5 gallon bucket!!! Good Job all the same!!! Hail was the word for the day yesterday, it was everywhere!!!

RexDog1
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
But Rex -- doncha Think this is worthy of it's own thread??? :)

Forgot to add that my neighbor was watching me try to rig something up with the camper awning to cover car. Talk about white trash.
Then I started looking at the garage and remembered the old Midas commercial "We'll make it fit"
My neighbor knows the boat is in the garage -- but all he saw was the car disappear into garage. He came running down to see how the hell I did it.

Yes it should have it own Thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Nice job
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

I was just doing it before Ric was going to say something….. She is in Love with garage
Thread

And how can you blame her ………………

BCBlazers
04-04-2007, 11:22 AM
i figure you climbed out the back hatch of the 4-runner, but what bout the v-dub? hope your remembered to get the keys out before you climbed out the trunk...

cmack
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Good work cmack... I take it the Toyota went in after the VW.. Or did you climb through the trunk?
Nope the 4Runner went in first. I climed out the window of the VW onto the running board of the 4Runner and out from there.
The dogs were a little confused on how to get in/out of garage.

i figure you climbed out the back hatch of the 4-runner, but what bout the v-dub? hope your remembered to get the keys out before you climbed out the trunk...
I did forget the keys to the 4Runner. They sat there all night

I was just doing it before Ric was going to say something….. She is in Love with garage Thread
I cross posted just for her

O2BESOHUGE
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Did You Have To Grease Yourself Up To Get In The Cars? :)

Slinkyredfoot
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
cmack, is this really marvel of modern engineering or just a stroke of Genius on you part???

cmack
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
prob dumb luck

Did You Have To Grease Yourself Up To Get In The Cars?
Always helps to have boot slime handy

Here is another one

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/445636816_726d1c076d.jpg

O2BESOHUGE
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank God For Small Cars....if You And Your Wife Drove 2 Z71 Chevy's....youd Have Hail Damage On One Of Em :)

cmack
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
We are trying to decide what to do.
1.Build an add on carport to garage.
2. Build a detached garage/shop
3. Sell the house an buy one that has a three car. Or possibly a lake house! That might be a little far feched right now

O2BESOHUGE
04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Me And My Girlfriend Are Considering Selling Both Houses And Moving To The Lake Also

sanjuan23
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
3. Sell the house an buy one that has a three car. Or possibly a lake house! That might be a little far feched right now

Heck while you're still "unincorporated" down there stick around and enjoy the lower taxes! Detached garage/shop = CMack's Playroom! :D

Ric
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Did You Have To Grease Yourself Up To Get In The Cars? :)haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ric
04-04-2007, 12:03 PM
3. Sell the house an buy one that has a three car. Or possibly a lake house! That might be a little far feched right now I now have a 3 car garage plus a half.... It has one boat in it and tonna crap!

JKTX21
04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Heck while you're still "unincorporated" down there stick around and enjoy the lower taxes! Detached garage/shop = CMack's Playroom! :D

Not for long I bet! Burleson has grown south past my dad's place, but he hasn't been incorporated yet. I think it's just a matter of time before that whole area becomes Burleson.

cmack
04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes we are growing by leaps... Voted to add three new schools. We are staying here as long as possible just because of it.

Maristar210
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I now have a 3 car garage plus a half.... It has one boat in it and tonna crap!

Really?

Any pictures to share of your garage? Oh garage master who has never posted a pic of his garage?

Steve

RexDog1
04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Really?

Any pictures to share of your garage? Oh garage master who has never posted a pic of his garage?

Steve

Hay the birthday boy is right……… Photos Ric ???????:D

Ric
04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Really?

Steve first of all it's been months since you did any signs and I speak for the majority when I say we love that crap

second, WFT has to post his new garage pics before I post mine, even though mine is a work in process with no time for the work part.

Sodar
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
first of all it's been months since you did any signs and I speak for the majority when I say we love that crap

I will second that..... more signs!! We were supposed to get a sign show a couple weeks ago, but instead we got some lame, half @ss story that Steve had to go to bed or something?? :confused: ;) :D

trickskier
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
WOW...........Nice Job cmack...........I'm not skinny enough to get in or out of either of those vehicles...............

cmack
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks trickskier

trickskier
04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks trickskier
I just repainted my entire garage and epoxied the floors. Can't park on it until Sunday.......Going to post some pics on the garge thread when I get everything back in place.......What a project 4 weekends!!!

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I just repainted my entire garage and epoxied the floors. Can't park on it until Sunday.......Going to post some pics on the garge thread when I get everything back in place.......What a project 4 weekends!!!

Can you come up here and do mine for me?

/Edit: Oh wait that's right there's snow on the ground :(

cmack
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM

I think Ric has him booked

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I think Ric has him booked

Great, figures....

(Goerge is gettin upset!!:) )

trickskier
04-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Not until it stops SNOWING!!! This reptile likes warm weather.......:D

Maristar210
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Not until it stops SNOWING!!! This reptile likes warm weather.......:D

I'll keep you posted.

I can only pay you in Ice Cold Longnecks of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/bud.jpg

trickskier
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll keep you posted.

I can only pay you in Ice Cold Longnecks of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/bud.jpg

Bud's are good until 5pm, after that it's Cutty Time........Notice it say's FRIENDSHIP right on the label...............LOL

Hey, What the???? I never noticed that drink responsibly before...............What the heck does that mean???