PDA

View Full Version : Opinion On F250 Crew Cab Diesel

Chief
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay scrubs I need some advice: I can buy this 1996 F250 for 12.5K with 156000 miles. Good deal or not? Looks to be in pretty good condition and seller has invited me to come and drive with no conditions. Was on ebay, but fell about 1K short of reserve.

BriEOD
04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Looks to be in good shape. Diesels run forever. Consider my father-in-law got the same truck (2007) this saturday for $35k+.

lav
04-03-2007, 10:25 PM
you will have non faded issues where the lettering is
ghosting effect

Mag_Red
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
IMHO I'd look for the earliest year they had the updated body style.

Ben
04-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I love that bodystyle myself, and looked for a while to find a nice '97 350 CC a while ago. Bought w/151K miles a few years ago. Currently at about 165K maybe (not daily driver). I know it is on the 2nd trans, but I also know a hog farmer pulled hog trailers and routinely brought home 4000+ lbs of hog food... Runs great & super reliable, actually will be selling in a few months due to moving on a lake & not being able to justify it anymore.

Diesel is great for power, but unless you really need the oomph, oil changes are a lot more, and fuel prices are up. (seems as if diesel got more expensive than gas the week I bought the truck..) If you're only pulling a MC, I'd consider looking for the same truck w/less miles & a 351. On the other hand, the diesel pulls the boat nicely though the TN mountains a bit over what the signs on the side of the road say.

I would investigate the trans on this one and see if you can tell if this was the "supervisors" truck, or the "work truck" that has yanked a trailer full of lanscaping supplies, pavers, etc. around for 10 years..

Leroy
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
I assume you have searched like cars.com to compare. I took a quick look and diesel is rare, but I found this: 1997 Diesel F250 (http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_14_%7CB-13000%7CH-%7CD-_181-1-1_%7CN-N%7CR-10000%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CX-popular%7CZ-46202&aff=starnews&paId=134000643&recnum=40&leadExists=true) except already 274k miles!!!!

Sounds like it is in the ballpark!

Chief
04-04-2007, 06:58 AM
I love that bodystyle myself, and looked for a while to find a nice '97 350 CC a while ago. Bought w/151K miles a few years ago. Currently at about 165K maybe (not daily driver). I know it is on the 2nd trans, but I also know a hog farmer pulled hog trailers and routinely brought home 4000+ lbs of hog food... Runs great & super reliable, actually will be selling in a few months due to moving on a lake & not being able to justify it anymore.

Diesel is great for power, but unless you really need the oomph, oil changes are a lot more, and fuel prices are up. (seems as if diesel got more expensive than gas the week I bought the truck..) If you're only pulling a MC, I'd consider looking for the same truck w/less miles & a 351. On the other hand, the diesel pulls the boat nicely though the TN mountains a bit over what the signs on the side of the road say.

I would investigate the trans on this one and see if you can tell if this was the "supervisors" truck, or the "work truck" that has yanked a trailer full of lanscaping supplies, pavers, etc. around for 10 years..

Familiar with the cost of diesels, I currently have an 2003 F250 Crew Cab Diesel but I was looking to sell it and buy this one to own it out right and kick the 03 to the curb so I could have some more money leftover and still have my Crew Cab Diesel. I don't think I could ever own another type of truck. I also have a 5th wheel camper that I pull to a close campground on a lake, so I like the power and effiency the diesel has performing that task.

I'm checking hard into the pro's and con's of going to an older truck with 156K vs. the newer truck with only 58K miles. I'm also looking at dumping the $500.00 payment too. On the other hand I have always like the looks of the older body style.

Thanks brothers and sisters

OhioProstar
04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
My father-in-law has a '97 with around 90k miles and is on its 3rd tranny. While the engines will run forever the driveline seems to have quailty control issues around that year. The truck still runs very strong and is used towing 6 horse trailers about every weekend.

Oil changes cost a lot for that engine and any diesel.

Ric
04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
let me preface this by stating that I hate fords

BUT, while the motor is most likely ready to run another 150k, the steering and brakes will be needing some work

no biggie if you are eliminating a 500/mo payment but it needs to be thought out

and I don't know which year models, but many had auto transmission issues

other than that. polish it up and enjoy the lack of a truck payment!!

T Scott
04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I have a dealers license and went onto the auction website and found similar trucks (1996-1997, crew cab, 4x4, 140-170k miles) selling at auction for around $10,500. Keep in mind, it is hard to find a clean one as many people use these for work trucks. If this one is clean enough for you, the price dosen't seem to far out of line.

Good Luck!!

Tom

G-man
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Looks to be in good shape. Diesels run forever. Consider my father-in-law got the same truck (2007) this saturday for $35k+.

The new ones don't run forever. My 06 ran 15,000 miles and got a new shortblock due to the block being pourous. The older trucks with the bigger engine like this one are much better.

kurtr
04-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I believe that the 96's don't have the intercooler that is on your 2003 so the hp of the enginge will be down a little. You may not notice the hp change in the engine it will depend on the gearing of the truck. I believe that my buddy said that his 96 got better mileage than his 2000 something did. The transmission is the weak link and how sound it is will depend on how hard it was worked and how often it was serviced. The transmissions are expensive to fix or replace.

milkmania
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
let me preface this by stating that I hate fords

BUT, while the motor is most likely ready to run another 150k, the steering and brakes will be needing some work

no biggie if you are eliminating a 500/mo payment but it needs to be thought out

and I don't know which year models, but many had auto transmission issues

other than that. polish it up and enjoy the lack of a truck payment!!

will you marry me????:love:

8p

Thrall
04-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Personally, I'd shy away from a commercial vehicle, unless it's a small company and just the owner, or at least the same person drove and maintained it.
Since I've been 15years old, I've worked in trades that run alot of pickup trucks and can say matter of factly that most people who are driving a company truck beat the snot out of it, so be real careful on the condition/previous use/maintenance of it.
Also, make sure it's still stock. If it's been BOMBED then it's probably been flogged pretty hard. (Looks like an aftermarket exhaust from the pic. What else was done to it?)
Save for being a full 4 door pickup, I'd look at 12V Dodges of the same era, with NV4500 trans. Bulletproof combination.
Good luck in your purchase.

BriEOD
04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
The new ones don't run forever. My 06 ran 15,000 miles and got a new shortblock due to the block being pourous. The older trucks with the bigger engine like this one are much better.
George, it was figurative language. ;)

Ric
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
will you marry me????:love:

8p

now dat der'es funny!

He is kidding right?:o

RIGHT!?:( Anyone??????????

Ric
04-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Personally, I'd shy away from a commercial vehicle, unless it's a small company and just the owner, or at least the same person drove and maintained it.
Since I've been 15years old, I've worked in trades that run alot of pickup trucks and can say matter of factly that most people who are driving a company truck beat the snot out of it, so be real careful on the condition/previous use/maintenance of it.
Also, make sure it's still stock. If it's been BOMBED then it's probably been flogged pretty hard. (Looks like an aftermarket exhaust from the pic. What else was done to it?)
Save for being a full 4 door pickup, I'd look at 12V Dodges of the same era, with NV4500 trans. Bulletproof combination.
Good luck in your purchase. hey what's a 12v ??

tommcat
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
good trucks. we never had many problems with the 7.3 back then other than some updates or if it was poorly taken care of.
trans issues can all be eliminated with updated parts which any good trans shop should be well aware of. once updated the E40D trans is very good.
PM me if you have any specific powerstroke questions

tom

Ric
04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
The new ones don't run forever. My 06 ran 15,000 miles and got a new shortblock due to the block being pourous. The older trucks with the bigger engine like this one are much better. buddy of mine's 06 is back in for it's third set of heads according to him:mad: the guy actually uses a 3500... go figure

CoFooter
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Ditto on what most of the others are saying. I have a 2000 with the 7.3 that just passed 100K miles. Engine has been bulletproof, no issues to speak of other than a glow plug relay and a small oil leak. If its been taken care of with oil changes, fresh air filters, etc you can expect another 150k. I must have missed the tramsmission issue but a buddy of mine with an earlier model of the same year had to deal with that. I think it was an issue with a solenoid or something. I would look at the suspension/ball joints/brakes/alignment. Thats where I have spent my maintenance money, but my truck is well used and those things are expected to wear out after 100k.

tommcat
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
one thing to check on as far as maintenance is the cooling system. if it hasnt been changed and the additive hasnt been used they can develop pin holes in the cylinder walls and dump coolant into the combustion chambers.

endl
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
good trucks. we never had many problems with the 7.3 back then other than some updates or if it was poorly taken care of.
trans issues can all be eliminated with updated parts which any good trans shop should be well aware of. once updated the E40D trans is very good.
PM me if you have any specific powerstroke questions

tom
I agree with Tommcat!

I had two different 99's and the 7.3's are great trucks. Update the trans and you will be fine. Only downside is parts are typically more expensive on the Fords ie fuel injectors, sensors ect......

I think you could probably get into a 99 for around the same price if you shop. Then you get the intercooler and a more powerfull truck. Although I do like the old body as well.

Also if you can find an older Dodge the cummins is cheaper on parts and with miles parts will be an issue in some form or fashion on either. Dodge had transmission issues as well but can be upgraded. The Dodge will be cheaper to upgrde on performance parts.

I am not a brand guy and like all 3 they each have their strong points. I do think the older Fords and Dodges are both time tested and have good base power plants.

endl
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
one thing to check on as far as maintenance is the cooling system. if it hasnt been changed and the additive hasnt been used they can develop pin holes in the cylinder walls and dump coolant into the combustion chambers.
Yes go buy a big truck store and pay for some test strips. Check the nitrite/nitrate "cannot remember which" levels. If they are high be carefull as Tommcat said that causes pin holes to occur in the block and engine failure is in your future......make sure this has been done.

rstitson
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I know this will raise some hackles, but i wouldn' touch a ford truck. I had a 1984 - 86 ? (can't remember now) and for the first 8 months about ever 5th time I went over a railroad track the front end would ossilate and literally almost take the wheel out of my hand.. It was unbelievable. The dealership denied any responsibilty saying it was my fault with tires , balance , etc anything to put me off. Three days after listening to more crap from them, I receive a recall notice from ford they had to rebuild the front end with stabilizes and give me michielin radials because the truck could not stand reqular bias tires. This was a dually with a 12 ft by 8ft bed. I went in for a second time some with second hand 88 mercury sable hadeled gread but .. every year it cost me at lease 500 for front end work. Go GM or Toyota

CoFooter
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I know this will raise some hackles, but i wouldn' touch a ford truck. I had a 1984 - 86 ? (can't remember now) and for the first 8 months about ever 5th time I went over a railroad track the front end would ossilate and literally almost take the wheel out of my hand.. It was unbelievable. The dealership denied any responsibilty saying it was my fault with tires , balance , etc anything to put me off. Three days after listening to more crap from them, I receive a recall notice from ford they had to rebuild the front end with stabilizes and give me michielin radials because the truck could not stand reqular bias tires. This was a dually with a 12 ft by 8ft bed. I went in for a second time some with second hand 88 mercury sable hadeled gread but .. every year it cost me at lease 500 for front end work. Go GM or Toyota

Dude, you're still holding a grudge after 20 yrs?

east tx skier
04-05-2007, 05:04 PM

I really respect a person who can hold a grudge like that. Kudos my friend for sticking to your guns based on experience. That's essentially the same reason we'll never own another Chrysler. And that's coming from someone whose household has two Ford trucks with a combined 330k miles (and counting) on them.

Ric
04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I know this will raise some hackles, but i wouldn' touch a ford truck. I had a 1984 - 86 ? (can't remember now) and for the first 8 months about ever 5th time I went over a railroad track the front end would ossilate and literally almost take the wheel out of my hand.. It was unbelievable. The dealership denied any responsibilty saying it was my fault with tires , balance , etc anything to put me off. Three days after listening to more crap from them, I receive a recall notice from ford they had to rebuild the front end with stabilizes and give me michielin radials because the truck could not stand reqular bias tires. This was a dually with a 12 ft by 8ft bed. I went in for a second time some with second hand 88 mercury sable hadeled gread but .. every year it cost me at lease 500 for front end work. Go GM or Toyota I hate em too pal

maybe for more than 20yrs, I don't know I may have you beat

12ft bed???

Chief
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I worked the guy and thought we had come to the decent deal, so I'm all prepared to head out tomorrow morning and I call to get his last name for the certified bank check and I seems he has gotten a better offer and said he was waiting for a deposit through paypal and if he didn't get it tonight he would take my lower offer.

I think I'm going to move on and wait for another deal like this one to pop closer to home. Driving five hours and not liking the truck for whatever reason if any would suck.

But until the next deal comes along I will drive my 03 F250! :) :) :D

Thrall
04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
hey what's a 12v ??

12 valve head, 5.9L Cummins. Mechanical injection, very simple, reliable, easy (cheap too, compartively speaking) to modify for big power. Available in DOdge pickups up through early '98 models.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I really respect a person who can hold a grudge like that. Kudos my friend for sticking to your guns based on experience. That's essentially the same reason we'll never own another Chrysler. And that's coming from someone whose household has two Ford trucks with a combined 330k miles (and counting) on them.
One of the guys just had to send in his Ford Ranger in for its first major repair. Bought new in 99, he bought a 4X4 ext cab ranger it now has (I think) 190,000 and it just went in for transmission issues. So he had a NEW trans put in a 190K mile truck......

I see no reason not to buy that truck that started this thread. OTHER than as Tommcat described, that cooling system is subject to (i believe the term to be correct) cavitation, pin holes within the cylinders, something to do with the coolant additive that is REQUIRED that noone paid attention to during service.
With that said, I would also consider immediately removing the trans and having it rebuilt. Otherwise, look it over and make sure it hasn't been in an accident.
I'd also ask the question, Why are they selling such a "good" truck.....?

Ric
04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
One of the guys just had to send in his Ford Ranger in for its first major repair. Bought new in 99, he bought a 4X4 ext cab ranger it now has (I think) 190,000 and it just went in for transmission issues. So he had a NEW trans put in a 190K mile truck......

I see no reason not to buy that truck that started this thread. OTHER than as Tommcat described, that cooling system is subject to (i believe the term to be correct) cavitation, pin holes within the cylinders, something to do with the coolant additive that is REQUIRED that noone paid attention to during service.
With that said, I would also consider immediately removing the trans and having it rebuilt. Otherwise, look it over and make sure it hasn't been in an accident.
I'd also ask the question, Why are they selling such a "good" truck.....? toys, you are NOT comparing a ranger transmission to a Super Duty are you?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 12:41 PM
toys, you are NOT comparing a ranger transmission to a Super Duty are you?
Does ETS not have an explorer.......:confused:

I may have to compare it to a HD2500 chivy though......8p

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I was reading an article about the new 6.4 "double" turbo last night. I hope all the bugs are worked out before thay are "out there" this time.....:o Unlike the 6.0 release that I see as an experiment on the public's nerves........

I hope the 6.4 earns the rep the 7.3 had (IMO)....I hope!!!

Ric
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Does ETS not have an explorer.......:confused:

I may have to compare it to a HD2500 chivy though......8p what you may have to do is check your facts

many many 250 & 350 f'ds with diesel motors have had automatic transmission issues or failures

granted the first year of the allison in the chivvy was weird, but I am not diesel man myself... fact is, the auto trans in f'd is suspect... no matter how you slice it

fix it and you have a good combo

especially in that yearmodel f'd. while they smell worse, they are a good running setup!

tommcat
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I was reading an article about the new 6.4 "double" turbo last night. I hope all the bugs are worked out before thay are "out there" this time.....:o Unlike the 6.0 release that I see as an experiment on the public's nerves........

I hope the 6.4 earns the rep the 7.3 had (IMO)....I hope!!!
already on our second recall

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
already on our second recall
We shall see......

What's the word on the "mini" diesel for the 1/2 tons??

jraben8
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Here seems to be the latest word on the "mini" diesel...

http://f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279564

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
what you may have to do is check your facts

many many 250 & 350 f'ds with diesel motors have had automatic transmission issues or failures

granted the first year of the allison in the chivvy was weird, but I am not diesel man myself... fact is, the auto trans in f'd is suspect... no matter how you slice it

fix it and you have a good combo

especially in that yearmodel f'd. while they smell worse, they are a good running setup!
Don't get me wrong Rachael, It would be a hard decision to make for me if I were in need of a new P/U truck today. I would be torn between Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, and once I got through that decision...I would have to decide Diesel or Gas...It would be a VERY hard decision for me I like all 3 of them.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM

http://f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279564
Lots of speculation over there....:confused:

"it is a 4.4L Land Rover motor" "sequential turbos" "lots of emission controls and all controlled by a Bosch fuel system and ECM" "There is also an HD version that is a 6.6L". "Ford is planning on phazing out the international engines completely."
"A company with a long diesiel legacy, is already developing its own replacement diesel, a 6.7L V-8 for 2010 modle year Super Duty. Ford originally intended to use International's 4.5L V-6 "baby Powerstroke" in the F-150, and has since dropped that plan for a in-house 4.4 V-6. "
"I'm for the Diesel, as long as they don't flop it like Chevy did with the 5.7, 6.2, and the 6.5 deisels"
"( I work for Cummins ), one of our customers, a large company who does powertrain testing, ( not sure if I should be naming names? ) requested one of our "new in box" ecm's and needed a specific calibartion installed. It was a bosch ecm for our 3.9 liters. I did the calibration and noticed in the remarks on our software that it was for automotive / Ford F250. "

Ric
04-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Don't get me wrong Rachael, It would be a hard decision to make for me if I were in need of a new P/U truck today. I would be torn between Ford, Chevy, and Dodge, and once I got through that decision...I would have to decide Diesel or Gas...It would be a VERY hard decision for me I like all 3 of them. I thought we were talkin bout the auto transmission in the super duty's

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I may have to compare it to a HD2500 chivy though......
I thought we were talkin bout the auto transmission in the super duty'sgranted the first year of the allison in the chivvy was weird, but I am not diesel man myself... fact is, the auto trans in f'd is suspect... no matter how you slice it

Uh...Sort of.............:confused:

Ric
04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Uh...Sort of.............:confused: well you shoulda quoted you when you mentioned a ranger or easties million mile expedition:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
well you shoulda quoted you when you mentioned a ranger or easties million mile expedition:rolleyes:
You of all people should know, it's not easy to "keep up" with all these Threadjacks.....Including this one, I have no idea how you got me to talk about 4.4L turbo diesels in 1/2 ton trucks and allison transmissions, when the guy just wanted to know if he should buy a landscaping truck.....8p
And since we are on Ford transmissions, I had a 97 with a gas job I put 80,000 miles with ZERO transmission troubles before disowning it, the ONLY problem I had with that truck was 2 O2 sensors they replaced under warranty, and the '02 I also put 80,000 on with no trouble. So I have had VERY good luck with all my Fords, Chevy's, and GMCs.

Ric
04-11-2007, 04:29 PM
ptfff 80 thousand? big deal

Workin' 4 Toys
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
ptfff 80 thousand? big deal
That's what I say, but I gotta draw the line somewhere....and 80k is it...:D
Besides, I can't compete with the ETS million mile club for testing the longevity of a K&N filter.....

ski_king
04-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I have 125K on a 97 F150 and have had no transmission problems either.
UMP, how is your doing?

tommcat
04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
We shall see......

What's the word on the "mini" diesel for the 1/2 tons??nobody knows for sure. we have service manuals for them but ford cant seem to make up their minds.

tommcat
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM

http://f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279564bunch of internet rumors

KHall
05-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I have an 06 6.0L w/ 52k towing and running the $%@ out of it. Its a great truck, except the 98 mph speed limiter. Its amazing what it will do with 8k lbs and a mountain grade.

The 90's 7.3 motor is durable. The trans can be easily made stronger. The newer Fords are much better on handleing than the 80's. They still can oscillate sometimes, but mine tracks really well. Its a very solid ride.

trunderw
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
ford sued the company that made the 6.0s with the issues (international?) and they're still working out how that's gonna get paid for. None of the big 3 make their own diesels...I drive an 02 250 with the 7.3 and auto, but the chevy's allison tranny is the better one. the superchips tuner will get rid of that 98mph limiter too...

Ric
05-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Good Thread
Good Thread

pjwalnuts
05-05-2007, 11:55 AM
i have a '96 f350 diesel with about the same miles. its a great truck. iwould buy another in a heartbeat. i have had to put another transmission in it but i figure with 150,000plus miles that is to be expected. espessially with the power of a diesel. i have pulled a 27ft. travel trailer through the mountains of west virginia and it pulled like a champ.

Ric
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
:wavey: .

Maristar210
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
:wavey: :wavey: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I have 125K on a 97 F150 and have had no transmission problems either.
UMP, how is your doing?
Sorry Ski king, missed your post. Mine is doing just fine. I cant imagine how I have towed my prostar with it for 2 whole seasons now without toasting the transmission. I figured I would have had to get s 3/4 ton diesel by now. :confused: :confused:

Ric
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
ump, you drive a F'd ? :eek:

05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
ump, you drive a F'd ? :eek:
uh....where have you been Ric? I thought you read this board. too many "special" brownies for you back in the day?

Maristar210
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: This is gonna get good....

Ric
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I can only name for you a handful of people's rides on this board, sorry ump, your's aint one of em.

harold's van, lakes rick's purple stepside, easties expedition, then there's Maggie and Brieod's poor choice in trucks.

rstitson
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
The only thing I would say is get the front end checked out if it is used. My father had a 250 for 10 years and it was good to him. But every ford I have had, had continual issues with the front end.

ProTour X9
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I have the 1999 F-250 7.3L Diesel and it is awesome!!

tommcat
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I have the 1999 F-250 7.3L Diesel and it is awesome!!put a Banks kit in, it will be even better:D

CHAR250R
05-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I have a 1997 F350 crewcab with the 7.3 in it. I have owned it since day 1. It has 100,000 miles on it as of today. The auto trans has been flawless. The trans gets serviced every 20,000 miles due to all the talk I hear about the weak electronic overdrive tranny. I'm a big fan of preventitive maintenence. The F350 has a solid front axle. The F250 has the split front axle, which are hard on tires. The 7.3 is a great motor, not the fastest. Diesels weren't made for speed. I like the 97 body style. The 99 and ups are OK. 97 was the last year for the vent window. The 6.0 diesels were known for their problems. Only time will tell about the new 6.4. Take your time, and find a good one, preferably not a work/service truck.

atlfootr
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Got a friend from Canada that owns one, he just left Winter Haven about a week ago w/ his camper attached on the back while towing his MC BF200 behind it!

I'll see if I can get him to send me a full length's view ... of his towing rig.
Very impressive towing power :rolleyes:

Ric
05-17-2007, 12:43 PM
did he puke on his shirt when he saw the full rig?

Maristar210
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
did he puke on his shirt when he saw the full rig?

The guy on the left or Kenney Chesney?

cbryan70
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
guy on the left i thought that was jimmy buffet

05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
guy on the left i thought that was jimmy buffet
He also looks like Richard Wright, the keyboard player from Pink Floyd.

Maristar210
05-17-2007, 03:00 PM
He also looks like Richard Wright, the keyboard player from Pink Floyd.

Good one UMP heos does look like him.

05-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Good one UMP heos does look like him.
YOu a Floyd fan Staristar??:confused: which stuff? Barrett era? waters-Gilmour friends era? or post waters era??

Maristar210
05-17-2007, 04:37 PM
YOu a Floyd fan Staristar??:confused: which stuff? Barrett era? waters-Gilmour friends era? or post waters era??

Girmour for me please

05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Girmour for me please
Me too. I like the post waters stuff alot. I do like Dark side of the moon of course, and some of the other older stuff, but I thought they had some great tunes after waters left.

Chief
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Now I have three trucks: After thinking I was going to give up F-250's and Fifthwheels trailers. I bought an 07 Tundra with the 5.7 motor and damn that thing is fast. I take a wrong turn on the Naval Air Station and like a beacon from heaven there "Great White" sits. I pull into the "Lemon Lot" as we call them on the bases. 1997 F250 Crew Cab Diesel "Orginal Owner" with all maintenance receipts (would make NASA jealous on this guys record keeping) . So I jump (way too implusive) and now I have three trucks. 1)1997 F250 2) 2007 Toyota Tundra 3) 1990 GMC Sierra (For Sale). Fifthwheel no long for sale.

BriEOD
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice find...you can find some real gems on the Lemon Lot.